Mobile networks from the inside | [MNO] [technology] how it works

Rep: (3398)

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 25.06.19, 16:46

Rep: (1042)
Is 3G not equal to UMTS (or W-CDMA)?
So let's discuss its impact, as well as WiMAX: D

Post has been editedmgeee - 15.08.09, 21:38

Rep: (2)
3G is a generic name that includes both HSPDA from GSM and EVDO from CDMA.

Rep: (305)
1-Koreans and Japanese have already covered their entire territory :), in China, too, they catch everywhere (except the west)
2-they are here every 5 km are
3- I see no difference with gsm
4-foil helmet, well, or a faraday cage
5-no like
6-cdma devices are full
7-tsdma is at all three large op-ov. Two are pushing tsdma2000, the third td-scdma
8-Facts (for example, doc. Articles) ...
9-At the height
10-I can see a cell tower from my window :)
11 video telephony, etc.
12-fast internet, everywhere and cheap

3G is a set of services and not a communication standard.

Rep: (17)
Jiwan
Standard cdma is much safer. operates at a frequency of 800 and gsm in cities of 1900 and means jsm is 2 times more base stations than sdma-800 sdma-450-another 2 times less and in gsm on one base station usually about 4 or more emitters because . you need a separate emitter for each diapane (850,900,1800,1900 and now WCDMA)
3G is wcdma on the basis of gsm and cdma-800,450. The standard sdm has, as it were, an even signal and a gsm pulse and everything is clear.

Post has been editeddizzeg - 15.08.09, 23:21

Strange o_O I read that just for cdma you need 2 times more towers and this is confirmed by the fact that here the whole city is stuck with them. Gsm can also work at 850-900 MHz, besides, the local cdma has a frequency of 2 GHz.

Rep: (2)
>I read that just for cdma you need 2 times more towers
nonsense, for CDMA-450 less just because they get further.
450 is generally safer. Less towers, lower frequency.

>by name 2 Gt
2000 is the year of invention, not frequency.

>3G is wcdma based on gsm and cdma-800
who said such nonsense?
I repeat: 3G is a common name, it includes both HSPDA from GSM and EVDO from CDMA.
By the way, Skype says that EDGE is also 3G. Probably wrong, EDGE - 2.75G.

CDMA-800 operates in America mainly in CDMA-450 in Russia (Skylink) and China.
GSM in Russia, at least in the European part - 900.
So it turns out that Sky is 2 times safer than any operator.

P.S. EVDO Rev.A: receive 3.1 Mbit, return 1.8. HSPDA: 3.6 Mbit reception, feedback ... And here is FAIL - the return is very small, I don’t remember how much I remember, but very good. few. I will upload the same pictures on twitterpick a few times longer if GSM.
P.P.S. "GSM" is associated with "GSOM", which means - I thinkunderstandably.

Jiwan
In the villages, frequencies of 850,900 are used in order to install fewer towers and there is practically no interference there, in the cities, frequencies of 1800.1900 are used, because such a high-frequency signal passes through reinforced concrete structures with virtually no loss of signal clarity, and in order for the signal to fall as far as possible, they increase the power (W) of these emitters.
I do not know about you, but we have (Ukraine) CDMA works at a frequency of 800 MHz And the whole city is usually plugged with GSM towers because there are too many operators and everyone wants a good signal.
just in case, suddenly I will say who does not know - the smaller the frequency of the radio signal, the further it is transmitted I want to warn you that now there are a lot of custom-made articles in Ukraine, Russia and not everything can be trusted
One employee told me at work (he knows English and learns German (I don’t understand that)) from foreign studies that one GSM base station at a distance of 300m from living space increases cancer times by 3 times. but we all hide (because the money is great spinning)
I ASK: can anyone find the GOST on the base station settings (well, where can I put it, distance power ...)? I searched and didn’t find it, because they’re hiding because if everyone knows the installation settings, then probably 70% will have to be demolished. Who will find me +

Post has been editeddizzeg - 16.08.09, 00:22

for CDMA2000 systems, the maximum radiated power is 250 mW, while for GSM-900 systems, this figure is 2 W (per pulse), and for GSM-1800, 1 W (per pulse).

If the power is less, why then does the battery eat more? o_O

just in case, suddenly I will say who does not know - the smaller the frequency of the radio signal, the further it is transmitted

Why then do satellites have a frequency of 11 Hz-20 Hz? (I don't know anything about that)

I checked on the FSS website, daimond2 in the tsdma 1.9Hz mode, it uses 420mW, and it is written that the devices are eating a maximum of 250, cunning bastards :)

However, it is still not clear why a cdma with a 420 transmitter eats a battery more than a 1-watt gsm

Rep: (27)
dizzeg @ 16.8.09, 5:06*
According to scientists, mobile operators hide the truth about the dangers of mobile phones for users.

According to British scientists?
ps did not read further

Jiwan
I don’t say I know about satellites, but maybe their signal structure is different and the power is healthy, but maybe the antennas that receive this signal. (I ask around)
2- in diamond2 there is no CDMA, there is WCDMA and these are different things and it works in cities at a frequency of 2100 MHz (somewhere on the same frequency microwaves work there, the power is 500W and the food heats up and the phone is 2W but you put it to your ear ( After all, the bones of the skull somehow protect the brain, and there they are not) and stick that in the ear with a needle to thrash with a force of 2W this is not enough
the weaker the signal, the more powerful the phone / battery sits
interesting article:http://www.cnews.ru/reviews/free/phones/cdma/

Why didn’t gsm initially work at a lower frequency if it’s so good?

Rep: (582)
Does this topic suggest abandoning GSM and switching to CDMA? Or that GSM - the machinations of Satan?
Many people died from GSM? And how many CDMA phones are for sale?

GSM in Russia will not die soon ...

Rep: (459)
Maybe we will first ban Russian cars - more people perish in accidents per day than during the whole period of the existence of cells. communication.

In general, they will be driven to the topic of harm - it is harmful, sorry for the pun. More nerves than sense. Do you break all GSM towers if you find out / confirm their harmful influence ?!

To ensure the purity of the experiment is unrealistic, only of course if people start to die abruptly after building a cell next to them. towers. It's like with GMOs: it’s kind of not useful, but it’s impossible to prove ...

Post has been editedAnathema - 18.08.09, 01:09

Rep: (895)
dizzeg @ 15.8.09, 20:48*
and the perspective is that CDMA is gaining momentum ...

IMHO, the survey is not about what
what are the speed and where is gaining?
A little earlier I spoke with a representative of Nokia responsible for our country (not Russia, we have CDMA-2000 at 450 (1 operator), as well as 3.5 from 2 operators at the same time), so when he heard about the frequency, everyone lost interest in the market!
this standard simply does not have normal devices, as well as coverage by operators!
What can be the coverage and increase? !!
About roaming, generally keep quiet!
dizzeg @ 15.8.09, 21:00*
Can anyone know WHY in Ukraine there is no CDMA-450 mobile communication before CIR POR, although MTS has a license to provide this service

how not? zayedte in Odessa, there is.
as in Transnistria - one office, whether Interdnestrkom, or intercom

I am for the truth !! find arguments for GSM! and I will be happy to study them. This topic is a discussion!
Noval4 @ 18.8.09, 2:33*
how not? zayedte in Odessa, there is.
as in Transnistria - one office, whether Interdnestrkom, or intercom

This is CDMA-800 and not CDMA450
noval4,
CDMA-800 devices have a whole bunch of different levels (then PDA to black and white). For no longer, the SDMA-800 unwound well - SDMA-450 could be even faster, but in Ukraine there is only one license from MTS
but
Noval4 @ 18.8.09, 2:33*
IMHO, the survey is not about what
what are the speed and where is gaining?

I will introduce your attitude to the development of sdma!
Anathema
if it is safer, then why not switch. From its big minus it is roaming, alas.

Post has been editeddizzeg - 18.08.09, 13:43

Rep: (27)
We in Siberia CDMA-450 from the regional opsos. There are few towers compared to gsm, but it catches almost everywhere. in Ukraine, as far as I know, 800-900, and they have phones from the USA (diamond, blackberry) and a large selection of Chinese, but our 450 doesn’t have either amerikos or Chinese, therefore, in China, too, 800-900? Question to the users of Skye, a comic for 6000, is this for the action? which is worth so 20,000? By the way, about the development of 450, in the Irkutsk region. almost full coverage, in Krasnoyarsk started, it’s not counting users of Skye and regions where I don’t know. As for prices, we have free voice over the Internet, the Internet (Evdo 3.1 is understandable) 5 kopecks (at night), 11 kopecks in the morning and afternoon, or one and a half rubles in the afternoon.

Post has been editedlrikitikitavi - 18.08.09, 14:13
Reason for editing: added

Here are some new devices working on CDMA-800
1-htc diamand? 2 HTC Touch Pro? 3-HTC Touch Pro 2 (coming soon), 4-HTC Ozone XV6175,5-HTC Touch Dual, 6-Palm pre, 7-Samsung i910 Omnia, 8-BlackBerry 9530 Storm, 9-HTC HERO (promised), 10-Samsung i329,11-HTC Whitestone, 12-htc_twin, 13- HTC Maple (most likely), 14-Palm Treo 850w.
This is what I know. : thank_you:
and let someone say that CDMA-800 is not developingThere are a lot of cool machines (there is something to choose from) ;-)
By the way, we have an average price in HTC Touch Diamond CDMA-365.00 $ and GSM-447.00 $ in Ukraine

Post has been editeddizzeg - 18.08.09, 18:21

Rep: (40)
8-BlackBerry 9530 Storm, 9-HTC HERO (promised)

Is BB 9530 will work on our operators?
And by the way where is the information about hiro with cdma?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/27/19 3:00