> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Haier W718 - Discussion | Smartphone 4 "

Rep: (79)
DiscussionHaier W718 (MT6572W)
PictureHaier W718J, Haier ABROAD,
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Haier W718 (MTK6575) | Firmware
  • Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Additional photos and videos

Drivers, and utilities:
Root access:
Prepared by theFramarootorVroot
For version ABROAD in Framaroot use Boromir exploit
For version W718 + in Framaroot use Barahir exploit
(If you can not - try and both)
Reviews and user experience:
Utility:
Modifiedmms.apkfromfilin1000ua
... Allows you to dial 10 SMS app in a row without converting them to mms (the original 3 in a row and all).
As for the date / time settings:to read
Sound Enhancement and other recommendationstytsfromusahater
Removes excess using MTKdroidTools. remindedLitoyandyokstik
I remind you that this should be done with caution! Especially removal system applications
And many moreinterestingfrombzby (I recommend to educate!)
Installing gapps (if caught with firmware without them) -fast
Additional Information:
1. Visual differences:
Attached Image

1.1. Current / Maximum possible version of android firmware
version on MTK6575 - 4.0.3 * / 4.1 **
for versions MT6572W - 4.2.2 / ***?
* Of course, some custom bikes show that they 4.0.4, but they are actually hybrids 4.0.3 and 4.0.4
** SDK 4.1 for 6575 appeared relatively recently, but to do a full port ???
*** depends entirely on the company's Mediatek, whether they have a desire to develop and support platform 6572
2. Slot for MicroSD card or the lowest ... then do not complain that the camera izdohla ... although sometimes the good uncle will be able to revive it
Poll results
Attached Image

Attached Image

ATTENTION! Important information!
Attention! Following the acquisition of the phone immediately Check the version of the firmware and other settings from the screenshot below spoiler"Firmware" .
In the case of the slightest changes unsubscribe immediately and lay out a screenshot to the forum!

Attention! The phone has 2 main versions, designated ABROAD and W718 +. Firmware is different, so it is better not to experiment. Differ ModelNumber and firmware date
Orienting on BuildNumber (BN)

ABROAD (97718A) Found one version
ModelNumber / dateABROAD (2013/07/29) BN: SW_97718A_ABROAD_V005_M20_W, 1300MHz- There have been cases of delivery to nerusifitsirovannoy firmware (just reflash!) There may be glitches with tachem.. Perhaps this modification is already sold out .. check with the seller.

W718 + (97718AZ) There are 3 versions.

ModelNumber / dateW718 + (2013/10/31)BN: SW_97718AZ_ABROAD_V001_M20_W, 1000MHz

ModelNumber / dateW718 + (2013/11/30)BN: SW_97718AZ_ABROAD_V004_M20_W, 1000MHz specification- The problems with tachem not yet been reported.screenshotssubmittedrokki_4 . Ruth get Framaroot or Vroot, firmware have in the relevant subject ..

ModelNumber / dateW718 + (2013/12/12)BN: SW_97718AZ_ABROAD_V005_M20_W, 1300MHz
To check the new version rutirovaniyaFramarootorVroot

NEW!Hardware recovery
Restoring brick by soldering memory chips
Indications: Body ceased included when flashing complains S_DA_SDMMC_WRITE_FAILED (3153)
Fastdan5146originalhere
about Haier W716 Rostelecom. FAQ
At the time, the company Rostelecom ordered in China, the company Haier W716 model with the following impairments:
- 256MB RAM against 512 in the original
- one sim card ... locked at Rostelecom
- lack of technical support ... of tradition.
In the Internet (in the subject) are periodically raised questions about the unlocking and firmware of the device that remain unanswered.
Therefore, on the basis of the available information was a mini-FAQ:
Q. Guys, I have a problem with Rostelecom HW-W716, writes that although the network is locked Sim worth.
A. If Rostelecom native sim card, then contact your network operator.
If the operator of a stranger, then you have to ask for unlock (look for what the SC has ProgrammerSIGMA). Currently no reliable information about the successful release no!
Though in Sigma W716 support appeared already from the middle of 2014, no one has deigned to unsubscribe on the success / failure
Q. Where there is firmware?
A. At least forneedron.com. There's a flash for a few modifications W716 .. except you need!
If the firmware to get absolutely unbearable
let the number of your mobile phone bots and Trojans get on your PC
Attached Image
: rofl:

NEW!unlocking method described inthe message. ThanksSnake-77
Therefore, all questions about Rostelecom HW-W716 will be considered offtopic and deleted without warning!
An exception will be posts about successful Flash and Unlock. Added to this FAQ and deleted!

When communicating on the forum, please indicate ModelNumber and firmware version (especially if it is not standard), or immediately indicate such information on podpism profile.
Realize !, it will avoid many neponyatok.

Post has been editedwblack7 - 06.09.16, 15:43
Reason for editing: Rostelecom HW-W716. unlock method

Rep: (1)
Here comes my Haier W718 (MT6572) plastic body is quite decent (in my white) cap BATTERY tight, touch is very responsive shifts have not noticed, the screen illuminates set the dimmest, autofocus camera of course, but there is a function identification shorter persons 3.2 Mp barely gaining.
Antutu scored 11119 parrots

Post has been editedGringo37 - 18.11.13, 18:11

Rep: (6)
A flashing of the cap newer than the out of the box or the same, only with Ruth?

Metalcrash @ 18.11.2013, 18:18*
A flashing of the cap newer than the out of the box or the same, only with Ruth?

Firmware is the same as reflash only in extreme cases (such as the lack of Russification likerustam807, or for another reason)

Rep: (18)
Thank you for creating a separate topic! Almost at the same time I got the phone and DooGee DG100. While I decided to keep the Haier. Other things being equal iron components bribed the presence of dust and moisture protection and a pleasant tactile sensations. The arc is more subtle and is suitable for women's hands. The screen is better at the Arc, it's definitely, but there would be just to call and write a couple of good SMS and TFT Haeri. Phones were taken only for the purpose of call and a quick read at your leisure.

Rep: (0)
I encountered a small problem - it is not possible hands set date and time, only synchronization through an Internet or the GPS - all the same?

Rep: (21)
here's my review, add a link to the hat

Rep: (117)
got 3 black devices with a panda, I understand ...
did RuthFramaroot, putRoot explorer, I delete the Trojan SMSreg.apk and SMSreg.odex folder system / app and also removed Hindi clave.
I propose a list of applications for painless removal of the firmware

1806 @ 19.11.2013, 11:21 *
got 3 black devices with a panda, I understand ...

You can charge the photo to show them?

Rep: (42)
1806 @ 19.11.2013, 11:21 *
got 3 black devices with a panda, I understand.

What are your impressions from the body? Squeaks, backlash, a reaction to the twisting is pressed hardovy button?

Rep: (117)
Antutu 9800
on the dial keypad letters rus / eng, that pleases RON
Charging type white cube 2.5h2.5h2.5sm 1A with our fork, headset and cable identities white Russian Pts simple instruction from the panda
plug mikroyusb stiff and uncomfortable, to charge, especially in a case not very good fit, and can be removed immediately for convenience
general water resistance seemingly not very good, count on it is not particularly necessary, fell into the water, quickly pulled it more real as Defy underwater photo shoot is not ...
the power button is very small, the silicone cover just does not click will be the volume keys identity is not great, but to be included will be much better
assembly is not very: creak back cover flexes and not so good adjacent places before I had a Lenovo A660 Orange, as he remembered much better to collect more solid and seemingly more interesting, Haier does not seem Pts strongly bargain, yes 3tr he definitely worth it, but no more ...

I still have one device on a vertical strip of one pixel on the screen width, or broken pixels, or a loop, I understand, I can try to send back ...
red, green, blue color and white light in the test normally shows, and on a gray background with the camera vertical bar one pixel wide ...

Post has been edited1806 - 19.11.13, 15:31

I scored in antutu 10800 RAM and 225 megabytes of free
Popolzovalsya day and there was a desire to break the wall, the screen is just terrible, the slightest inclination goes discoloration.
I regret that bought.

Post has been editedrendex79 - 19.11.13, 19:48

Rep: (18)
rendex79 @ 19.11.2013, 15:34*
I regret that bought

Bliiin! In the description of Russian it was written -Screen TFT, with all the ensuing (such as color inversion). What regret - while not read ??? Prevents answer calls? Typing is not convenient? What???

GreenMan17 @ 19.11.2013, 21:47*
Bliiin! In the description of Russian it was written -Screen TFT, with all the ensuing (such as color inversion). What regret - while not read ??? Prevents answer calls? Typing is not convenient? What???

I used to Haier Lenovo A630, there is also TFT but this inversion is not there, there is the screen much better, even in better times.

Rep: (23)
rendex79,
Lenovo A630
Screen Type: IPS

Rep: (2)
Hello! None of the new version of the 718 and Haier stalknulsya with problems sohaneniya cache on the SD card. I read how people coped with this problem and decided to try to change the native Fail vold on the one that laid Sensorman. As a result, the phone stopped seeing both internal memory and an SD card. Given that I have retained the original Fail in the internal memory to restore it back but could not. I had to re-change the firmware on your phone. Actually the question! What I did wrong or may have still some solutions to the problem?

maximilliangreat @ 20.11.2013, 10:58*
maximilliangreat

I'd take 630 everywhere was written TFT

ilyborisov @ 20.11.2013, 10:06*
Hello! None of the new version of the 718 and Haier stalknulsya with problems sohaneniya cache on the SD card. I read how people coped with this problem and decided to try to change the native Fail vold on the one that laid Sensorman. As a result, the phone stopped seeing both internal memory and an SD card. Given that I have retained the original Fail in the internal memory to restore it back but could not. I had to re-change the firmware on your phone. Actually the question! What I did wrong or may have still some solutions to the problem?

There are features with the installation permissions cherz ruteksplorer. If you forget to set the desired right - just seems such a situation arises.
Simply IChO handles its correct (or rather zakomentit original line)

Post has been editedwblack7 - 28.11.13, 16:26

Rep: (2)
wblack7 @ 20.11.2013, 10:33*
Simply IChO handles its correct (or rather zakomentit original line)

Somewhere I came across which lines should be corrected, but if not then it will be difficult to lay out exactly what to edit or referring to!

I did not find how to increase mesh screen and replaced the native launcher to Nova Launcher.
The screen is glass and there will be no film to scratch?

ilyborisov @ 20.11.2013, 10:35*
Somewhere I came across which lines should be corrected, but if not then it will be difficult to lay out exactly what to edit or referring to!

Here islinkstill being studied, and of
void.fstab of Vondroid 2.1, which already replaced
# Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device
dev_mount sdcard / mnt / sdcard2 emmc @ fat / devices / platform / goldfish_mmc.0 / devices / platform / mtk-sd.0/mmc_host
dev_mount sdcard / mnt / sdcard auto / devices / platform / goldfish_mmc.1 / devices / platform / mtk-sd.1/mmc_host
## Example of a dual card setup
# dev_mount left_sdcard / mnt / sdcard1 auto / devices / platform / goldfish_mmc.0 / devices / platform / mtk-sd.0/mmc_host/mmc0
# dev_mount right_sdcard / mnt / sdcard2 auto / devices / platform / goldfish_mmc.1 / devices / platform / mtk-sd.2/mmc_host/mmc2

I was lecturing for quite some time.
Analyze the original file and decide how to change.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 10.11.20, 1:31