Dell Inspiron 15R (N5110) - Discussion | [Notebook] Discussion of the Inspiron N5110 laptop

Rep: (45)
DELL Inspiron 15R
PictureInspiron 15R, N5110, M5110
Discussion пїЅ | FAQ
Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows UWP Discussion пїЅ | Intel Cherry Trail Gaming Discussion пїЅ | Android | Remix OS | Linux on tablets пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance tablet owners пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Laptop specifications
DELL N5110 system.
The laptop comes with the following processors:
1. Intel Core i7-2670QM Quad-Core Processor 2.2GHz / 6MB
2. Intel Core i7-2630QM Quad-Core Processor 2.0GHz / 6MB
3. Intel Core i5-2540M Dual-Core Processor 2.6GHz / 3MB
4. Intel Core i5-2450M Dual-Core Processor 2.5GHz / 3MB
5. Intel Core i5-2430M Dual-Core Processor 2.4GHz / 3MB
6. Intel Core i5-2410M Dual-Core Processor 2.3GHz / 3MB
7. Intel Core i3-2350M Dual-Core Processor 2.3GHz / 3MB
8. Intel Core i3-2330M Dual-Core Processor 2.2GHz / 3MB
9. Intel Core i3-2310M Dual-Core Processor 2.1GHz / 3MB

Chipset Intel HM67

Memory type DDR3
Maximum memory size 8 (16 GB sometimes work)

Screen size 15.6 inches
Screen resolution 1366x768
Screen cover gloss

In the laptop 2 video adapters discrete (separate chip), built-in (video core in the processor)In the M5110, only one (discrete) video card!
Video processor NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M / ATI Radeon HD 6470M
Video memory size 512 or 1024 MB
Type of video memory GDDR3-discrete, SOdimm (memory bar) - embedded video core (memory for the embedded core is taken from the main RAM)

Optical drive DVD-RW
Hard disk interface Serial ATA
The volume of the first disk 320-640 GB

Wi-Fi standard 802.11b / 802.11g / 802.11n
WiDi support not
Bluetooth is
Bluetooth version / 3.0 HS

Max. LAN adapter speed 100 Mbps
Number of USB interfaces 4 (2X USB 2.0, 2X USB 3.0)
Firewire interface not
ESATA interface there is
Com port not
PS / 2 interface not
VGA (D-Sub) output there is
DVI output not
HDMI output there is
Dock connection not
Audio input software (turns off the signal gain)
Microphone input there is
Audio / Headphone Out there is
Mic In / Headphone Combo Out no (separate)
Digital audio output (S / PDIF) not

Number of battery cells 6
Battery type Li-ion

GPS not
Webcam there is
Number of webcam pixels 1.3 Megapixel.
Fingerprint scanner not
Kensington Castle there is
Length 376 mm
Width 260.2 mm
Thickness 33.8 mm
Weight 2.44 kg
Laptop reviews
Instructions, drivers and software
Log changes and polls
Log changes in the header

2. Changed the spoiler "reviews"
3. Poll changed, past added to spoiler
4. Cosmetic changes (Activity in the subject, Write to the curator)
5. Temporary changes ((macOS announcement), Deleted)
6. New hat onthis style UPD1 Links fixed UPD2 separate spoiler "problem solving" in " Instructions, drivers and software " UPD3 changed the contents of the spoiler "Change log in the header"
7. Changed the contents of the spoiler "Features"
Past polls
Attached Image

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 29.08.18, 19:40
Reason for editing: Replacing thermal pads

Rep: (156)
* golueb The laptop works great on Windows 10 Home. Put clean from the flash drive through MediaCreationTools. Here is the key .

Post has been editedZumplemeng_per_hallO - 23.02.19, 00:18

Rep: (12)
I don’t know if this problem was solved here, but the laptop does not see the video cards from nVidia, and now more details:
All my life in the device manager, the intel HD graphics 3000 video adapter showed and when replacing the thermal paste I saw that I had nVidia 525m.
I solved the problem by installing and logging into the nVidia control panel, turning it on, in the menu "3D Settings Management", "using the nVidia processor". after 3 months, the problem repeats: the video card does not see, the drivers are not installed, the control panel is available only from intel hd graphics, 2 processes from nVidia are visible in the device manager, nVidia Hotkey service ver is in startup. 268.30. sin on the OS curve (windows 7 64)

I have never had such a problem
Win7 x64 official
And win10 on it I didn’t really like.

Post has been editedkingfather - 24.02.19, 08:15

Rep: (0)
On a power supply in the middle needle, a current of 19.5 volts is on. This means the power supply must be replaced or can be repaired if you can tell me how.

* vistoffdj,
what is the problem? like it should be 19.5 V

* golueb, The problem is that the processor runs at a lower frequency in some forum they said that there should be 3.3 volts. 19.5 volts is transmitted from the internal contact.

Post has been editedvistoffdj - 24.02.19, 14:10

Rep: (128)
* vistoffdj , The "needle" should not just have a certain current, but a special signal by which the system determines that you have an original power supply. If you have 19.5 V there, then only replacing the PSU will help.

* vistoffdj,
Does a laptop with this PSU work?

* golueb, yes only trottle

Posted on 02/24/2019, 16:21:

* yura12345671, understandably

continuation of the topic with the lost nVidia card. installed clean Windows homePremium, reset the BIOS, installed firewood following the link from the header "Drivers from the DELL website for Windows 7x64" everything got up without problems except nVidia, as always: "This graph. driver did not find compatible graphics hardware", as I understand it After searching the Internet, the problem is in the installation of the chipset. At the same time, a couple of problems were solved with turning off the computer (the power button continued to light). tell me 100% order of installing drivers on this laptop, preferably with the names of the installer (for example, R307853). Now I will try to reinstall Win HomePrem according to the old technology and if nothing helps at all, I will try win10

Post has been editedgolueb - 25.02.19, 16:44

And I would also like to know what is written by other users when reinstalling Windows, or rather what is written in the video adapters tab at the time: chipset installation, Intel hd graphics, OS scan driver (I don’t remember the name) and nVidia gt525m.

Rep: (13)
* golueb , writes that there are 2 standard graph msoft devices. first install the chipset driver, I don’t remember the name of the archive. Then the latest intel hd drivers for our chipset, and then the 397 version of Nvidia. in my opinion it is extreme. sound, wifi, touchpad, etc. can be left for later

Writes that there are 2 standard graph msoft devices. first install the chipset driver, I don’t remember the name of the archive. Then the latest intel hd drivers for our chipset, and then the 397 version of Nvidia. in my opinion it is extreme. sound, wifi, touchpad, etc. can be left for later

I first have “standard VGA hardware” then “Intel HD Graphics family” and after a few seconds “Intel HD Graphics 3000”

Post has been editedgolueb - 27.02.19, 15:28

I tried at least 3 different sequences for installing firewood, it did not help. decided to go the other way and try to restore the factory image of Dell.
In a standard way i.e. F8>Troubleshooting, etc. it doesn’t help, or rather it’s just not there, I found this one here:http://itdell.ru/view_programm.php?n=61. in short, this is the "Original Recovery Disc for a Dell Inspiron N5110 Laptop with Windows 7 Drivers." I recorded the image on a USB flash drive, everything seems to be going well and then it tells me that the recovery image will not be found (more on the screen). if anyone has preserved the original disk and in general everything that was attached to the laptop, please be somehow shared, except for the manuals, I found them

Attached images
Attached Image

Rep: (132)
Guys, does it support 7.1 sound on my Intel Core i3-2350M Dual-Core Processor 2.3GHz / 3MB? I think to buy speakers. Help!

I found a solution myself: I found a solution myself, downloaded windows 20h1 and the dolby acess application from the microsoft store! Windows steers)) It is a pity that this update will be available in 2020. And I will already have surround sound)

Post has been editedkalinino - 02.03.19, 15:30

Windows 10 did not help recover the lost nVidia, but I was able to restore the factory partitions of DellUtility and Recovery, as well as the dell folder and hidden files on drive C, vaguely, but I remember that they were there. according to the standard instruction "F8>Troubleshooting>System Restore>Dell factory image restore "- does not help because the item" Dell factory image restore "is missing. Help me find out what these" DellUtility and Recovery "are responsible for and how to use them. And if anyone has backup of pure Windows? I think many I’d also need a screen of what is on the disk attached to the laptop. I will be very grateful.
P.s. found unfortunate comrades, she also once appeared in the nVidia manager, managed to launch heavier games, and just as unexpectedly, the video card disappears.

* golueb , I also searched my version of recovery on dell 5110-2691 found only on 5110-7600

* Alex3dwizard,
Honestly, I have already restored these disks, I was able to enter dell recovery datasafe, but the recovery stopped at 11% and says that the train is not native. what is the difference between dell 5110-2691 and 5110-7600 I do not know.

here they say that you can not start the system from a disk installed in ODD ... if you try, you can: rolleyes:

Rep: (8)
Tell me, does the eight become normal here? Have problems with drivers or anything else?

Rep: (8)
Please advise a good build of windows 7. In QMS.
I’ve already set two, they are crooked: either the network falls off, then it lags, then something else ...

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/12/19, 02:11