13 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Lenovo Thinkpad X230 (2012-2013) - Discussion | [notebook] + a bunch of frills
RC_Gremlin
Message#1
05.11.13, 09:20
Veteran
[offline]

Group: Curators
Messages 1945
Check in: 21.06.07
Apple Watch Sport 42mm

DiscussionLenovo Thinkpad X230
PictureLenovo Thinkpad X230
Description | Discussion � | FAQ | Buying and Accessories � | Marriage � | Firmware �
Windows 8 � | Windows RT Software | Windows 7 � | Windows xp � | Ubuntu linux � | Change the operating system � | Search programs � | Antivirus � | Ambulance laptop owners � | IT smoker �

Post has been editedShoore - 05.11.13, 18:05
RC_Gremlin
Message#2
05.11.13, 17:16
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1945
Apple Watch Sport 42mm

They recently issued such a machine at work, they gave me different beeches, but for convenience this one can be compared only with a macbook. Therefore, please share your opinion about it. Let's start with the fact that with a weight of 1.3 kg, the case is made of polycarbonate, that is, slightly improved plastic, no gloss, everything is opaque and most practical, except for the outer surface, there is a very nice soft touch coating. Remembering the weight, I want to immediately note that this is a competitor to the zenbook and macbook air, but the processor here costs 35W, which means it is not cut down at all, while the operating time is 6-9 hours (although I managed to land 3 hours at full CPU load) . There are a lot of necessary connectors on the case: vga, ethernet, 3 usb (2 usb 3.0), display port and even the ancient pci express card! Pryamotaki ideal bundle for work and at home, competitors nervously smoking White Sea aside! I really do not understand the logical choice of display port and pci express card, but the ancient vga still stands on a heap of office monitors.

Let's go further, usually in modern laptops they put glossy matrices, while lenovo has mediocre quality, it is also matte mva, or ips as in my decent quality. The viewing angles are magnificent, the brightness of the backlight also pleases, it is visible even on the clearest day, no glare and mirror effect. The pixel density is also at the height - they are simply not visible, the image is very clear, but the resolution let it down - 1366x768, in 2013 it was possible to move away from it, but for a laptop with a diagonal of 12.8 inches it will do. The next element is the keyboard, at the release of 2012, there was a diode near the vga camera, in 2013 they also began to put the keyboard backlight on all models, the backlight has only three brightness adjustment modes, while it cannot be made using software. The device has physical buttons, which is a big plus, as most people working in the office are comfortable, there is a switch to air mode (turning off wireless communications), volume control and muting / turning on the microphone, as well as a microphone. It is noteworthy that with the presence of two microphones at least on windows 7, the interlocutors in skype barely heard me, and this is a strong minus, you never know where business trips will take. There is also a fingerprint scanner, it just works, there is no joy in using it as on hp dv6.

Separately, I want to say my word about the ergonomics of input devices, there is a famous red joystick here, it’s quite convenient to use if you master it - you don’t want to return to the touch panel. With the touch-pad, everything is more complicated, it is small and rather sensitive, it always turns out what is not needed, in a word and here it will not work without training. An interesting solution was the introduction of a button under the touch-panel, there are two of them along the left and right, if it is also convenient to get used to. The keyboard is standard, the key code is long but accurate, although the hands sometimes get tired of typing with them due to the curved shape probably didn’t like the location of the fn and ctrl buttons, one from the left and the other right behind it, which breaks all the harmony of the work, because all the combinations Keys have long been located in the spinal cord.

Now the weekly system administrator, disassemble the laptop is quite simple, the cooling system with the processor is right under the keyboard, unscrew the six bolts and do what you want. On the side of the hard drive bay, it changes quickly too, pulled out, twisted two bolts and that's all, I will say about the RAM that it is not soldered like some representatives of this segment, supports up to 8 GB in two slots, that is, 16 GB of everything, I wanted to put more , wanted less, very valuable for the same business. For those who are afraid for security, there is an information encryption system on hdd, its speed doesn’t suffer from it due to the fact that it costs ssd for 13 GB, although it is felt only on windows 8. From the whole pile of branded garbage I want to mention the lenovo update program If you put it, it downloads all the latest drivers and installs them, even if the site is older. The docking stations from the current and past x220 generation are also supported, I don’t know about others, I didn’t check it, but with the docking station in the office it’s also much easier, you can immediately abandon the stationary PC by connecting everything you need and instantly taking out the laptop to go about their business. I think many people now use my laptop as a hospital, so they understand how it looks, and it’s also convenient to sit at the place of another employee.

About performance ... There is nothing special to say, they put standard chipsets from Intel, processors are also standard i3, i5, i7 35W, there are no video cards other than hd4000, but we don’t play toys, and applications like autocad and photoshop work decently, The amount of RAM is different, I have 6GB (alas, different modules with different timings). For the test, I started only war thunder, at a low order of 60-100 frames per second (despite the fact that I put two symmetrical bars of 4GB each), the virtual machines also stretch without tension. Drivers, if there is at least one program or driver from lenovo, it is not realistic to install something signed from the intel site, the installers write that they have not been tested by the lenovo company with my beech model, alas, until the problem was overcome, if you find it, write to me in PM The cooling system never makes a noise even under high loads, but I haven’t yet managed to adjust it either. I did not manage to launch a clean or bootable Mac disk, I don’t know what prevented it, but wi fi is from intel and will not work in any case, you need to change the BIOS to remove wi fi equipment from the wy fi sheet, which isn’t quite conveniently.

The verdict is an excellent laptop with all that we love with low weight and a long-lasting battery worth $ 900.
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 13.01.14, 11:18
Reason for editing: [/ SPOILER]

--------------------
iPhone XR 128gb Macbook Pro 13 retina 2015 highipad 2017 128 gb
RC_Gremlin
Message#3
21.11.13, 16:59
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1945
Apple Watch Sport 42mm

Updated photo.

Faced the problem of installing windows 8, I finally decided only with the recovery kit, the key is not entered during the installation, the problem is known by Microsoft and lenovo. Installation with recovery disks takes approximately 3 hours.

There is also a very handy program from Lenovo downloading all the drivers in one click.Attached fileHaoZip_v4.0.1.9380 (x86-x64) .exe(9.1 MB)

Post has been editedRC_Gremlin - 21.11.13, 16:59

--------------------
Message#4
05.01.14, 16:32
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 36
Check in: 22.09.11
Samsung Galaxy Tab

Good afternoon. Going to buy this machine. When searching for the right price \ configuration is confused in the characteristics of the laptop.
I want to buy a core i5 \ i3, with an ips matrix, free DOS, so as not to overpay for too much. The essence of the problem: ThinkPad X230 NZALFRT. This equipment in Moscow costs about 27 tr., All is well, BUT on all sites there is different information about the type of matrix. On the ixbt forum, they write that this model comes with an ips matrix, on many sites there is information that this model comes with a TFT TN matrix, for exampleherewho to believe? Maybe you know a proven site where you can buy this laptop with an ips matrix at an affordable price (~ 27 tr.)
I would like to hear your opinion on the choice of the matrix, is the ips matrix really more gentle to the eyes? I will spend most of my time in front of a laptop (study, work, movies).
Thank.
RC_Gremlin
Message#5
07.01.14, 13:24
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1945
Apple Watch Sport 42mm

It’s just that the laptop comes in different configurations, when you ordered it at work, it was the last time you found out about the version with ips on the phone, respectively there was also a version with dos. I can only say that some laptops with similar quality of this matrix are worse in viewing angles and colors, apparently the manufacturer is different, which one is unknown. But it may already be better to turn on the more expensive metal counterparts at least, since they work easier and longer, this laptop keeps me somewhere 3.5-4.5 hours with 8.1. The processor is outdated here already, it will be better to havewell, there the video was greatly updated and the autonomy was increased. You can turn your eyes towards asus zenbook, the screens there are also ips and the resolution is higher + metal and weight.

--------------------
Message#6
07.01.14, 15:05
Novice
[offline]

Messages 36
Samsung Galaxy Tab

Having read about the super comfortable keyboards, the excellent quality from Lenovo unwittingly tuned in to purchase this device, as I do not really feel about super thin laptops bending in the wind, laptops with an ozu soldered on the board, and it’s scary to look inside, all of a sudden this puzzle) In general, the h230 is impressed, 100% satisfied, there is one thing, 100% of positive impressions are taken from forums and reviews, there is no personal opinion about the device because of its absence)
RC_Gremlin
Message#7
07.01.14, 19:00
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1945
Apple Watch Sport 42mm

I do not argue, the laptop is old-fashioned and is repaired easily + plastic is of normal quality, more precisely carbonate, you can pick up the passenger in the subway and he does not care. But still it is outdated. Well, if I did not dissuade you, there is a last attempt, take a closer look at u330 or 430, there are many modifications with good displays, and most importantly a new one, very convenient form + metal case and a long time.

--------------------
veisong
Message#8
13.01.14, 00:31
NSC
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 1569
Check in: 08.10.05
Sony Xperia Z

I use just this. The hard drive pulled out and inserted only 128 Gb mSata ssd. Everything works fine (OpenSuse 13.1) loading is fast, battery life is long (at least 4-5 hours). Excellent device for office and a little more difficult work. Among others, one of the most attractive options. I liked including the presence of docking stations. Put at home, at work. I came and just put the laptop in the dock, and everything was connected and ready to go. : happy:

--------------------
- = - Thinkpad X230 user - = - OpenSuse GNU / Linux fan - = - micropctalk member - = - guitar player - = -
Message#9
13.01.14, 10:37
Novice
[offline]

Messages 36
Samsung Galaxy Tab

veisongand what can you say about haswell?
Alfred777
Message#10
16.01.14, 16:06
User
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 93
Check in: 11.06.09
Honor 6 Plus

4920961 @ 07.01.2014, 16:05 *
Having read about super comfortable keyboards,

Well, for me, so old Klava, like x220 is better. More keys, for example, the x230 does not have a pausebreak button and there is no number block for the Fn key. And infuriates PgUp and PgDn next to the up arrow = /.
For the rest I am satisfied with the model. Especially weight. Because I often travel on business trips.
Before that, HP was purchased from us - after which I have a strong dislike for HP laptops because of the build quality, materials, hardware problems and cooling problems.
Message#11
16.01.14, 21:52
Novice
[offline]

Messages 36
Samsung Galaxy Tab

Alfred777
If it's not a secret, what equipment do you have, and do you have enough?
Under my office tasks I plan to take i3, but I still want, as they say: "faster, higher, stronger": blush: And then the struggle of this very interest and toad begins
Alfred777
Message#12
21.01.14, 07:57
User
[offline]

Messages 93
Honor 6 Plus

4920961 @ 16.01.2014, 22:52 *
If it's not a secret, what equipment do you have, and do you have enough?

I have i5; 4Giga RAM; HDD 500Gigov
What is the matrix - I honestly do not know, but it seems not IPS.
This notebook is enough for me for: SAP, Excel, Word.
But if you have to deal with the development of printed forms, where there are many windows and work areas - difficulties may arise - the screen is not large.
But all this can be forgiven for the main plus - it's weight and size.
RC_Gremlin
Message#13
21.01.14, 11:39
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1945
Apple Watch Sport 42mm

Alfred777 @ 01.21.2014, 08:57*
o If you have to deal with the development of printed forms, where there are many windows and work areas - difficulties may arise - the screen is not large.

This problem is solved by beautiful docks! : yes2:

--------------------
Alfred777
Message#14
21.01.14, 12:41
User
[offline]

Messages 93
Honor 6 Plus

I talked about this hat:
Attached Image

With this kind of things on this screen is not very comfortable to work.

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 27.01.14, 13:21
Reason for editing: [/ SPOILER]
RC_Gremlin
Message#15
21.01.14, 14:40
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1945
Apple Watch Sport 42mm

Alfred777,
I meant that I solve such tasks at work with the help of a dock + monitor.

--------------------
Alfred777
Message#16
24.01.14, 14:12
User
[offline]

Messages 93
Honor 6 Plus

RC_Gremlin @ 01.21.2014, 15:40*
I meant that I solve such tasks at work with the help of a dock + monitor.

Unfortunately, I do not have a dock, as well as a stationary place, because our work is related to business trips.
Still forgot, one not unimportant minus to mention - CapsLock is not identified in any way ie There is no "light bulb", because of what it is not clear whether it is active or not, which can be annoying. One gets the feeling that the developers have completely forgotten about this moment.
RC_Gremlin
Message#17
25.01.14, 21:27
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1945
Apple Watch Sport 42mm

Alfred777,
In meyans caps, the lock seems to light up, but so far it has moved to the corporate 440p, more happy, especially the touchpad, but the case materials do not appear. Wait topics here.

Post has been editedRC_Gremlin - 25.01.14, 21:27

--------------------
veisong
Message#18
27.01.14, 23:35
NSC
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 1569
Check in: 08.10.05
Sony Xperia Z

It is better to take with the IPS matrix, the difference is too great in quality to turn a blind eye to it. They come only with i5 processors (or only in China).

RC_Gremlin,
It is the docks, and even what docks) For me, this is a very important point. Dock un-dock does not cause any amazement or kernel panic and other things in gnu / linux. As you like, you can insert and remove it (during power on, before, after, during operation ...) and this does not affect the performance of the system. This is a tangible plus.

--------------------
- = - Thinkpad X230 user - = - OpenSuse GNU / Linux fan - = - micropctalk member - = - guitar player - = -
RC_Gremlin
Message#19
11.02.14, 17:43
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1945
Apple Watch Sport 42mm

RC_Gremlin,
It is the docks, and even what docks) For me, this is a very important point. Dock un-dock does not cause any amazement or kernel panic and other things in gnu / linux. As you like, you can insert and remove it (during power on, before, after, during operation ...) and this does not affect the performance of the system. This is a tangible plus.

I do not understand what you mean, I have Linux in a virtual machine)

--------------------
Stiogun
Message#20
24.02.14, 18:59
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 772
Check in: 27.07.07
Xiaomi Mi 5S 3/64

Better to take with IPS matrix
I agree, after the IPA of the matrices it is not customary to look at the screens, although the IPS matrix can be ordered from the taobao and replaced at home, 3500-4000 rubles will be released.
RC_Gremlin
Message#21
28.02.14, 13:59
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1945
Apple Watch Sport 42mm

And who got rid of the white list on our laptop?

--------------------

13 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 06/24/19, 10:01 PM