> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Samsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III - EFS Recovery (IMEI)
Poll in topic
Under what situations during the operation of the device, was the loss of IMEI (communication, S / N)?
Lowered the OS from version 4.3 / 4.1.2 to 4.0.4; [ 305 ] ** [11,19%]
I sewed on custom firmware; [ 470 ] ** [17,25%]
I did not make a backup of the efs folder in advance; [ 606 ] ** [22,24%]
I never flew. [ 196 ] ** [7,19%]
Updated through KIES or FOTA; [ 81 ] ** [2,97%]
Physical damage; [ 105 ] ** [3,85%]
I sewed on the stock firmware; [ 249 ] ** [9,14%]
It was sewn on a custom SyanogenMode 10/11/12; [ 215 ] ** [7,89%]
Other; [ 155 ] ** [5,69%]
Made him a "hard reset" - reset to factory; [ 229 ] ** [8,4%]
Did not do anything, did not install; [ 445 ] ** [16,33%]
Total votes: 2725

Rep: (3214)
Samsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III - EFS Recovery (IMEI; S / N)

PictureGT-I9300

Description | FAQ | Discussion пїЅ | Marriage / Repair пїЅ | Official firmware пїЅ | Custom firmware пїЅ | Custom recovery | EFS Recovery (IMEI)пїЅ

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

FAQ

Drivers and Utilities
Software application USB Driver:
Attached fileSAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_V1.5.49.0.exe(15.27 MB)

Attached fileSAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_V1.5.53.0.exe(24.46 MB)

Attached fileSAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_V1.5.55.0.exe(24.46 MB)

Software for updating and emergency system recovery via PC:
Smart switch : Attached fileSmart_Switch_PC_4.0.15082_16.exe (37.82 MB)

Samsung Kies 3 : Attached fileKies3Setup_2.exe (39.93 MB)

Odin - Samsung Smartphone Broker:
A new version
Early versions of Odin
Attached fileOdin + v3.10.6.zip(2.06 MB)

Attached fileOdin_3.10.0.zip(951.97 KB)
Attached fileodin + v3.09.zip(973.18 KB)

Attached fileODIN3_v1.87.rar(170.28 KB)

Attached fileOdin3_v1.85.zip(198.51 KB)

Attached fileOdin3_v1.83.zip(198.35 KB)
Beginners to read first

• First of all, I would like to remind you thatForum RulesandRules section "Android - first aid".
  • The topic was created to discuss ways to create backup and restore.
  • When creating new messages follow the topic guideRegistration of messages on the Forum.
  • Specify the version of the firmware, modem, kernel (Stoke / Custom, if Custom, which one), recovery (Stoke / Custom, if Custom, which one), format RK efs and how rk was created

Now read the contents of the second spoiler
It so happened that Samsung’s efs flagships were in such trouble that it’s easy to “lose” efs, but it's hard to recover. Sometimes very much so.

Before you start browsing various firmware (modems), you should take care of the backup of the efs section - this is the only sure and guaranteed (it is worth noting that it is also free) to restore imei and serial number.
All known ways to backup / restore efs are contained in the header of our topic, as well as in the topics on the links.
Carefully read the backup and restore instructions.
Backup in several ways.
Store backups not only on the phone, but also on the computer and on "every fireman" on the cloud.

And so, with the introductory part figured out, choose the methods of backup yourself, go to the questionloss (gathering) of efs and its recovery.

Back up / restore efs
1. Backup / Restore
  1. The program for creating backup copies and recovery under Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 -Attached fileEFS Professional.zip(865.94 KB)
    Must have Microsoft .NET Framework v4.0 installedTheme on xda-developers.com Busybox_Installer
  2. How to extract / copy the efs folder from "non-key"
  3. Ways to create and restore a river efs (software copy / restore)
  4. The program for creating and restoring efs- kTool
  5. The program for creating and restoring efs - Samsung Tool
  6. Backup and Restore IMEI (efs) on I9300with adb,teminalorRootExplorer
  7. The script for creating an image efs.img under Odin from the efs folder, backup efs.ext4.tar, efs.ext.win
  8. Scripts for creating and restoring efs.img with MODEM_PDA versions in the title
  9. SAMSUNG_I9300_EFS_BACKUP_RESTORE_AUTOMATIC
  10. Repair IMEI GT-I9300 with Samsung Remote Unlock Client Additional description to the program
  11. Repair IMEI and S / N using the Chimera service (Chimera account)
  12. Repair IMEI and S / N using Samsung Kies, using the device’s serial number
  13. Repair IMEI without backup using Xposed Installer and module
  14. Octoplus Box - Repair IMEI and S / N
  15. Octoplus Box - Repair IMEI and S / N more detailed instructions

2. Determining the version of PDA / MODEM in the efs backup (efs, efs.tar, efs.img)
  1. How to find out the firmware and modem version in efs.img
  2. How to find out which version of your EFS backup (utility "EFS_backup_ver")
  3. EFS Reader - program for reading data from nv_data.bin

3. Solving a problem when S / N (serial number) starts with 0000 ...
  1. Modem patch at zero serial via PUMa program
  2. Custom firmware with patched modem 4.1.2 (EFS v.2) for firmware from XXEMG4 and higher
  3. Patched modem (Ariza patch) 4.1.2 (EFS v.1) and higher
  4. Patched modem 4.3

4. Patched modems for problems with IMEI, IMEI became default - 0049 ... or 0000
  1. Patched modems 4.1.2 (EFS v.2) for firmware from XXEMG4 and above

5. The phone is loaded into the recovery with the error message "E: unable to mount / efs (Invalid argument)" or "E: failed to mount / efs ..."
  1. Error "E: unable to mount / efs (Invalid argument) (AromaFM)
  2. Error "E: unable to mount / efs (Invalid argument) (EFS Calibrate)

6. Repair IMEI, S / N with a programmer
Samsung i9300 Imei Null / Unknown Baseband Repair Done
Root and Recovery
Get root with modified TWRP recovery
Get root through a modified PhilZ Touch recovery.

CF_Auto_Root_I9300_4.3_recovery_XXUGND2 for_OdinPC:
Attached fileI9300-4.3_ND2-CF-Auto-Root.tar.zip(13.85 MB)

Modified Recovery:
PhilZ Touch Recovery for OdinPC firmware:
Attached filephilz_touch_6.48.4-i9300.tar.zip(7.69 MB)

miscellanea
Change caps
04/28/2015 Added to the section "Drivers and Utilities":USB Driver V1.5.53.0 dated 2015.04.21
05/28/2015 Added to the section "Drivers and Utilities": the Samsung "Smart Switch" application replacing the "KIES" application
06/21/2015 Instruction has been added to the section “Backing up / restoring efs” to extract / copy the efs folder from the device that is not included.
06/27/2015 Instruction was added to the section “Backing up / restoring efs” to restore codes using the Samsung Kies application.
07/19/2015 Added instructions in the section "Backing up / restoring efs" to restore IMEI, paragraph 14
09/06/2015 Added instructions in the section "Backing up / restoring efs" to restore IMEI and S / N, paragraph 16

Do not store backup folders EFS on the internal memory of the phone!

Post has been editedGridzilla - 18.03.16, 16:24
Reason for editing: updated

Rep: (1477)
maratvvp @ 26.05.19, 21:28*
samsung not2
I think it is better to ask the subject. Service can have the firmware.

Posted on 26/05/2019, 21:33:

maratvvp @ 26.05.19, 21:28*
ship to current logo
and then this happened?

Rep: (0)
who can help, samsung galaxy note4, hung heavily, then vyklyuchyalsya himself, tried to reset to factory settings, flew and tried to program Odin obnavit now on what does not react, who can advise how to revive when updated through Odin was an error flash write failure

Rep: (7)
I do not know if that helps my post to someone, but after the upgrade to the extreme of. firmware receivedIMEI CERTIFICATE: FAIL
Helped firmware Servisnaya_I9300XXUGOE1_SER.zip then RTH, and then click in Oktupus Repair Network

Rep: (216)
I come on my street "holiday". Phone daughter. It was used as a tablet for watching cartoons and games. I remarked on it instead of the network crossed circle. At first thought Sim died. Checked, it turned out to Simcoe's all right. I think you need to do a hard reset, because phone packed to capacity with junk and even download multiple times due otstutstviya svododnogo place.
It was Android 4.1.2 (I9300XXEMG4). Made hard reset - did not help. Nakata same service 4 firmware file. Again, no. Then I remembered the IMEI. In the setting of IMEI do not know the serial number is incorrect be a set of letters and numbers. The code * # 06 # - null / null
S3 phones I have 3 pieces and it is on this phone I had no backup efs (((
I began to work on from the instructed by the cap. At some point I flashed file "I9300_Repair_efs.tar.rar" (it seems). What kind of animal is this?
Then freewheeling service Android 4.3 (I9300XXUGOE1). It appeared IMEI 004,999 ....
Octopus imei not correct. He writes that everything is fine, but after a reboot again default imei. Buttons "network recovery" and "efs recovery" is also to no avail. Restore only the serial number.
Kies is not running.
Chimera did not try, because previously wrote that it became useless.
As a result, imei changed using Xposed. The serial number is correct, but is not registered in the network.
Put patched modems and even patched the kernel with the modem. Nothing helps.
How else can restore the network? All the ways of a cap tried.

Rep: (1477)
mamaster199 @ 16.08.19, 21:16*
Octopus imei not correct
which version to try?
mamaster199 @ 16.08.19, 21:16*
imei changed using Xposed
it makes no sense, IMEI system not through xposed requests, and it takes real (broken)

VityaPda @ 16.08.19, 22:21*
which version to try?

Rep: (22)
* mamaster199, octopus does not change imei and restores, this imei should be prescribed precisely from the phone on which the failure occurred,
prescribe native imei if restored through the program alien imei and made recovery network that will work to the next pereproshivki.Vozmozhno your phone was originally released for the Chinese version of the operator or, if it is sewn firmware for China or operator and imei return he is registered in the phone memory separate razdele.Esli after done no connection rutiruem and do unlock network (Unlock) octopus in the program but does not restore the network.

Post has been editedC-96 - 17.08.19, 15:40

* C-96,
PCT my phone. Not the Chinese version. I bought a new one.
I retrieved the phone. At the moment, the connection works. Later, I will write how to recover. Until the end he did not understand what caused the recovery to roll .. I want to re-clean the firmware.

mamaster199 @ 17.08.19, 15:47*
Not the Chinese version
When flashing firmware for your region-operator bear recovering from phone memory as well as at each insertion, then the firmware was Creevy update or knocked kakoeto app is not for him, but there is usually no imei means please do not the modem, argue with the fact that your phone PCT or not will not but there were cases at the peak of sales outlets sell , gray tube '' as the PCT.

C-96 @ 17/08/19, 16:11*
but there have been cases in the peak of sales outlets sell , gray tube '' as the PCT.

Specifically, this phone was bought at the sales decline. At the very end of their MTS salon. This is not the seller who sells the "gray" slag. Firmware whole life was 4.1.2. She flew through the air.

* mamaster199, But I'm not arguing with you, just as it could be written

Rep: (95)
mamaster199 @ 17.08.19, 14:47*
I retrieved the phone. At the moment, the connection works. Later, I will write how to recover. Until the end he did not understand what caused recovery.

Share what made, and the time has passed, and the promised or not. Next will be worse - will all be forgotten.
mamaster199 @ 17.08.19, 14:47*
Until the end he did not understand what caused the recovery to roll .. I want to re-clean the firmware.

If "do not understand", then no better than anything "to roll." Rejoice in the fact that there is and remember that the best - the enemy of good.

Rep: (1)
prevet.ysli somebody reads total sms ku. (Posey firmware sm-g320f payvilos problems when blokirivaysh phone handset razblokirovat nivazhmozhno.pomogiti not as if anyone realties knows .navoi.nr @ gmail.com

Rep: (121)
* navoi.nt , that way Samsung SM-J320F Galaxy J3 (2016) - Official firmware (Post draiv88 # 78753160)

porcelana @ 22.08.19, 06:43*
Share what made, and the time has passed, and the promised or not.

Probleiy with recovery was due to the program Octopus 1.6.5. I took two versions of the hats. Both versions of the curves. Write that everything is OK, but after a reboot IMEI again flies to the default.
Working version of Octopus 1.6.5 I threw* VityaPda, . For that he was a special thank you!
This version I first did "the EFS recovery." Then flashed service IMEI and only then flashed home. This version of the same curve, because by changing the program displays an error IMEI "Unknown security, please write firmware from support Write IMEI failed "But upon reboot after changing IMEI on the right.
porcelana @ 22.08.19, 06:43*
If "do not understand", then no better than anything "to roll."

That's just to finally understand specifically again freewheeling service Android 4.3 (I9300XXUGOE1). After flashing the IMEI is not flies. The serial number on the site, but says "not registered in the network."
It is treated the working version of the Octopus program, "Network Recovery" button. there is a network, but there is one feature. When the phone comes loaded with a locked desktop, screen displays "No service" is visible. After a few seconds the network appears and the phone operates normally.
Put Android 7. There is exactly the same glitch. On the other S3 at me like this.

There was one strange question for me. Only on the broken phone in EFS folder no .bak files on S3 all other phones and even on Samsung Note 2, these files are. How do they appear? Maybe when the new thing flies through the air?

Rep: (116)
* mamaster199 ,
Strange of course but the version of the cap 0049 rules without any problems personally and not just users of this resource, please contact me for help in drugs. Here it is necessary to take into account the fact that different situations have led to the problem are. Sometimes namutili such that even though weeping laugh. And just to please you, since you are so puzzled by the problem of the check against hash crack files and throw off me a PM please.
For our past conversation by the way, after all, 1.7.4 and 1.9.4 do not help you as you would like, or what?

Post has been editedDinis124 - 22.08.19, 23:18

Dinis124 @ 22.08.19, 23:15*
And just to please you, since you are so puzzled by the problem of the check against hash crack files and throw off me a PM please.

I understand the program was taken from hereSamsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III - Official Firmware (Post Dinis124 # 63894063). Therefore, you have everything worked, and I have not. This version I have not tried it then. It is the only work.
Dinis124 @ 22.08.19, 23:15*
For our past conversation by the way, after all, 1.7.4 and 1.9.4 do not help you as you would like, or what?

Unfortunately no. Both versions will not work. One of them sees the phone, but persistently asks enable debugging via USB, although it is included.

Post has been editedmamaster199 - 22.08.19, 23:37

Rep: (116)
mamaster199 @ 22.08.19, 23:35*
I understand the program was taken from here Samsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III - Official Firmware (Post Dinis124 # 63894063). Therefore, you have everything worked, and I have not. This version I have not tried it then. It is the only work.

I'm just a little misunderstood you in this piece of text which I quote.
It was his repack that I restored for chyum described the post above, and how to understand you, so I have to work and you do not? Although this is probably a rhetorical question, in any case, tomorrow sravryu files myself and try to recreate the situation test with Imei loss. If I do not get them mixed up there just I do like a quitter laid against both compressed. A second clean. So on the one yelling anti-virus and the other does not. Tomorrow refresh the memory.

Dinis124 @ 22.08.19, 23:46*
I'm just a little misunderstood you in this piece of text which I quote.

I got rid of your working version of your post.
and how to understand you, so I have to work and you do not?

We used a different version when I got rid of all your work out.
So on the one yelling anti-virus and the other does not.

Anti-I cut.

Rep: (95)
mamaster199 @ 22.08.19, 22:01*
There was one strange question for me. Only on the broken phone in EFS folder no .bak files on S3 all other phones and even on Samsung Note 2, these files are. How do they appear? Maybe when the new thing flies through the air?

After the phone comes from the factory, these files .bak have always EFS folder, and updates they are at that moment or later have nothing to do. In your case, they are gone because in that moment, when you are done EFS recovery:
mamaster199 @ 22.08.19, 22:01*
I first did "the EFS recovery"

This operation overwrites the existing contents of the "sick" (or healthy) EFS folders and files of .bak including, and registers in the default phone (service, engineering) IMEI 004999010640000 / 01. Therefore, after restoring .bak files, EFS was not in your phone .

Post has been editedporcelana - 23.08.19, 07:50

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 04/05/20, 20:13