ZyXEL / Keenetic 4G - Discussion | [wifirouter] Discussion, firmware, problem solving

Rep: (22)
ZyXEL Keenetic 4G- Discussion
ZyXEL Keenetic II and Keenetic GIGA II | OpenWRT on ZyXEL Keenetic Series Routers | ZyXEL Keenetic
Attached Image

General view of the device
Attached Image
Attached Image
Characteristics of the model
General characteristics
ZyXEL Keenetic 4G III Rev.B Specs
Type Wi-Fi access point
Wireless standard 802.11n, 2.4 GHz frequency
Max. wireless speed of 150 Mbps
Reception / Transmission
Information Security WEP, WPA, WPA2, 802.1x
Transmitter power 15 dBM
Access Point / Bridge Options
2xLAN switch
Port speed 100 Mbps
Bridge mode is
Number of USB 2.0 Type A 1 connectors
IPv6 support is
Router
The router is
Firewall (FireWall) is
NAT is
SPI is
DHCP server is
Dynamic DNS support is
Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) is
Static routing is
Protocols of dynamic routing IGMP v1, IGMP v2
VPN
VPN pass through support is
Antenna
The number of external antennas 1 x 5 dBi
External antenna type removable
Monitoring and Configuring
Web interface is
Telnet support is
Memory
The amount of RAM 32 MB
8 MB flash memory
Additionally
The ability to connect a 3G-modem is
Ability to connect a WiMAX-modem
The ability to connect LTE-modem is
Support IEEE 802.1q (VLAN)
Dimensions (WxHxD) 139x32x110 mm
Weight 180 g
Additional information technology TVport, technology Link Duo; connection to the provider via a wireless Wi-Fi network; Wi-Fi WPS network quick setup button; connection to the provider via a 4G / LTE USB modem - Yota
Models of 3G and 4G USB modems supported by Keenetic Internet Centers
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
General:
wi-fi speed tests on room removal) wall 15 cm backfilling) about 6–7 meters distance to the router.
The phone on the android, the connection is type b, Beeline provider - tested after midnight when the network is unloaded with order.
Differences (iron filling) ZyXEL Keenetic 4G Internet Centers
click to view speed tests
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Device reviews
useful links
Omni II Firmware for 4G III - result.
ZyXEL Keenetic routers of the same type on a MT7620N processor (Post _Danila_Master_ # 46936986)
Firmware for Entware-ng
Who fall off USB modems still
A bit of theory on the mechanism for updating firmware NDMSv2
Dump read Keenetic 4G rev.B SPI flash drive with firmware KEENETIC_4G-V1.00 [AABV.1.2] D0.
ZyXEL Keenetic 4G III rev. B (in comparison with ZyXEL Keenetic 4G III rev. A)
Firmware 2.09 for ZyXEL Keenetic 4G III router
Official beta firmware version 2.09.B.0-0-1 from 06/06/2017 for 4G III
Detailed instructions for restoring the service code / serial number
Firmware 2.10 for ZyXEL Keenetic 4G III router
We fix the display of interfaces in the Connections section.
Stable firmware version 2.09.C.0.0-1 dated 07/20/2017 for 4G III rev.B
Stable official firmware version 2.08.C.2.0-2 from 08/31/2017 for 4G III revA
Stable firmware version 2.09.C.1.0-0 dated 09/05/2017
Firmware 2.11 for ZyXEL Keenetic 4G III rev B \ A router
Official beta firmware version 2.10.B.0.0-0 dated 10/13/2017 for 4G III revB
Official beta firmware version 2.05.C.7.0-0 dated 10/20/2017 for 4G II
ZyXEL Keenetic 4G III Internet Center board photo rev.A
Dump of memory taken from a flash of the Internet center ZyXEL Keenetic 4G III rev.A
Stable firmware version 2.10.C.0 from 11/23/2017 for 4G III revB
The official beta firmware version 2.11.B.0.0-0 from 12/28/2017 for 4G III rev.B
Firmware 2.12 for ZyXEL Keenetic 4G III revA \ revB router
Stable unofficial firmware version 2.10.C.2.0-4 from 01/15/2018 for 4G III rev A / B
Official beta firmware version 2.11.B.1.0-0 dated 02.22.2018 for 4G III rev B
Stable firmware version 2.11.C.0.0-1 from 03/03/2018 for 4G III rev B
Stable version of the firmware 2.11.C.1.0-2 from 04/06/2018 for 4G III revB
Stable unofficial firmware version 2.11.C.1.0-3 from 04/12/2018 for 4G III rev A
Stable firmware version 2.11.C.1.0-3 from 04/12/2018 for 4G III revB
Official beta firmware version 2.12.B.0.0-0 of 05/23/2018 for Keenetic 4G III revB
Official beta firmware version 2.12.B.0.0-2 of 05/31/2018 for 4G revB
Stable firmware version 2.12.C.0.0-1 dated 07/09/2018 for Keenetic 4G III rev B
Stable firmware version 2.12.C.1.0-3 of 08/08/2018 and beta firmware version 2.13.B.0.0-0 of 08/30/2018
The official beta firmware version 2.13.B.0.0-2 from 09/07/2018 for 4G III rev.B
Stable firmware version 2.13.C.0.0-3 from 10/17/2018 for 4G III revB
Official beta firmware version 2.14.B.0.0-1 from 11/08/2018 for 4G III revB
Stable unofficial firmware version 2.14.C.0.0-4 from 12/26/2018 for 4G III revA
Stable firmware version 2.14.C.0.0-4 from 12/26/2018 for 4G III revB
Stable firmware version 2.15.C.0.0-0 from 02/28/2019 for 4G III revB
Stable unofficial version of firmware 2.15.C.2.0-2 from 03/21/2019 for 4G III revA
Stable unofficial firmware version 2 .15.C.3.0-0 from 04/01/2019 for 4G III revA
Stable version of KeeneticOS 2.15.C.3.0-0 from 04/01/2019 for 4G III revB
Stable unofficial firmware version 2 .15.C.3.0-2 dated 04.22.2019 for 4G III revA
Stable unofficial firmware version 2.15.C.4.0-1 from 05/16/2019 for 4G III revA
Stable version of KeeneticOS 2.15.C.5.0-0 from 06/19/2019 for 4G III revB
Stable unofficial firmware version 2.15.C.5.0-0 from 06/19/2019 for 4G III revA
Stable version KeeneticOS 2.15.C.6.0-1 from 09.19.2019 to 4G III revB
Stable 2.16.D.1.0-0 unofficial version of the firmware from 09.16.2019 to 4G III revA

Post has been editedstp101 - 06.10.19, 13:40
Reason for editing: Stable 2.16.D.1.0-0 unofficial version of the firmware from 16.09.2019 to 4G III revA

Rep: (0)
problem..
tried to alter an alternative router firmware (not official) .Now I can not recover through official TFTP.Indikatory router does not burn, but when I connect a computer to the router via Lan laptop says "unidentified network" (that is, he sees the router) .RESET tried button on turning off from the outlet - nichego.Mozhet who knows a way to restore it?

bluffer.rnd @ 27.12.2013, 22:21*
w computer to the router via Lan laptop says "unidentified network" (that is, he sees the router)

he sees not a router, and commutators - which works - but without a router on and zhagruzchika likely. and therefore does not work - please contact the service or technical support .... and as soon as possible - so as soon as they have quite a long weekend judging their newsletter. ;)

Rep: (1)
Tell me how to remove the antenna. Just because I pull can not be withdrawn. Is it necessary to remove the cover. Model 2. Indeed kinetics of light can be expedient pereimonovat topic ziksel kinetics without subtypes.

if the antenna is not removable - it does - only an autopsy probably that would rename the need to collect a bunch of information on all sections of devices - is now NG on the nose, I do not have time to do such volumes, well at least this has created, already something to this thought users of such devices is not at all.

Rep: (351)
pasha-russia,
Antennas are usually twisted (well type as nuts) Another option I have not seen on the router.
And for what purpose you want to remove it?

Rep: (32)
Lord, I have a question. Kinetic 4d II and Megafon m100-3 - how to make friends? Updating the firmware did not help.

Greison @ 05.01.2014, 11:13*
Updating the firmware did not help.

Knowledge Base has an article on which you can sometimes some modems to connect, which is not listed.
my plugs out, 3131, even in the list of supported there - but not the full functionality is obtained.

Rep: (1)
alex07111971 @ 4.1.2014, 7:32*
pasha-russia,
And for what purpose you want to remove it?

I want to put a more powerful standard 2 dBi buy ebey eg 16 dBi and put

pasha-russia,
I do not recommend to buy not ebey

Rep: (2)
alex07111971 @ 07.01.2014, 16:59*
pasha-russia,
I do not recommend to buy not ebey

why?

Because it will work through the ass, and it is unlikely! Buy our factories antenna (mogem whenever you want) eg Bester LTD.

Rep: (0)
I zyxel keenetic became lag ((pings 3000 MSK, Nitsche not help devaysu year no (

Post has been editedkuli4eg - 10.01.14, 18:31

Rep: (263)
I was so, when neighbors ponapokupali routers and furnish them all around. Put more powerful antenna. I chose the most clear channel, until such standards.

And OpenWRT for this kinetics is?

kuli4eg @ 10.01.2014, 19:29*
became lag ((pings 3000 MSK, Nitsche not help devaysu year no (

most likely a problem with your settings or the provider

nemozzz @ 12.01.2014, 16:43*
OpenWRT for this kinetics

what for? what you do not like the fact that there is? in my zuhelya of the most adequate and understandable firmware today.
for example when compared with the same dlinkom .... what would it .. I use zuhelyami third month-as a rule here is simple - buy - updated - put - you use -in any time can access the web face as a home and that is correct under the new needs-all very user - even a teapot it is clear - and do not need any dance with a tambourine - zuhel - this is for those who did not want to save money - and use the normal devices are not regretting a bit of money;)

The problem is the following. On my router (ZyXEL Keenetic 4G, revision A) software version V1.00 (BWO.3) D0 from 2 July 2011. After the upgrade, via the web interface on any newer firmware V1 (for revision A of course) with a router can not be contacted at the address 192.168.1.1 (windows 7 system, windows xp, antivirus and firewall turned off). When ping 192.168.1.1 lost all 4 packets or packet 3 extend, 4th lost. After returning to the old firmware connection with the router and the Internet appear (regardless of the system on the computer is turned on or not and antivirus and firewall). A factory reset before and after piercing done, the cable from the ISP router from taking out.

It is interesting is the situation with NetFriend. NetFriend 2 pedlagaet update the firmware and immediately after updating the connection with the router at 192.168.1.1 n possible. I run the following NetFriend 1 and he immediately wrote that the router is not the firmware and proposes to replace in the V1.00 (BWO.3) D0? After the initial firmware vozrata access to the router through a Web interface appears, the Internet is.

I would not bother with this, because router is basically working fine. Just at the rate of 40 Mbps and download speed of torrents around 3.5 Mbps router CPU 100% and through a browser has no links can not be opened.

Rep: (1395)
For Keenetic 4G revB (It is white, with no buttons at the top -NOTthe one in the hat theme) I did the firmware that implements nearly everything, they know how to older models (Keenetic / Keenetic Ultra).

Added features:
0. Support for USB printers (testing is necessary, I do not have printers).
1. Support for USB-drive data (FS supports FAT16 / FAT32 / NTFS / EXT2, file systems EXT3 / 4, exFATnot supported).
2. Expansion of the functional device by running third-party applications in the external media (more - readWIKI).
3. Transmission - BitTorrent-client, embedded in the firmware limits the speed of up to 2 MB / s, but can be put on a USB-drive version without speed restrictions (but bear in mind that the speed limit of the disk from the EXT2-section of 20 MB / s in NTFS - less)
4. Sharing the disk connected to the router over the network (SAMBA server is built into the firmware, but unfs3 NFS server can be installed).
5. FTP server containing a disk connected to the router.
6. DLNA server distributing data from a disk connected to a router.
7. Support for webcams (streaming over the network, write to the disk in the form of a photo sequence). More than 2 frames per second or place, 4G revB processor is still weak. Recommended for cameras supporting the conclusion in MJPEG, but work and carve in YUYV (verified), and other possible zavedutsya working on USB Video Class standard.
8. Removed spyware-code, sends the information to the company's servers NDM (Zyxel partners).
9. Fixed the problem of "double start" ext_init.sh script when booting the router / connection disk
10. Fixed disk off the WPS button, the system partition off (with ext_init.sh) in the web interface.
11. Added the creation of writable virtual EXT2-section of internal memory / storage / (using the free space after image in SquashFS mtd4 section, at the moment there is free 1683 kb). See below for details about the features of the use of this section.

Firmware discussed at the forumZyxmon, But it is possible here, too.

copyright:
This mod is based on the root filesystem from the Firmware-KEENETIC-V1.11.B.RU.NDMS_140108205344.bin and core (with certain of the other parts and modules) from the Firmware-KEENETIC_4G-V1.10.B.RU.NDMS_130327235342.bin, also used parts from Firmware-KEENETIC-V1.10.A.RU.NDMS_130617220325.bin (ntfs-3g, libntfs) and Firmware-KEENETIC_ULTRA-V1.11.RU.NOSMTC.NDMS_140108230320.bin (camera support in the interface, mjpg_streamer) .

Also, they contain the code to activate the WLAN and modules from the core usbdisk_sup package from a reputableDr.Acidfrom the forum Zyxmon.org, for which I express my sincere thanks to him (without this mod would not be at all).

Also used the files from the package e2fsprogs_1.42.4-1_keenetic.ipk, libcom_err_1.42.4-1_keenetic.ipk, lsof_4.81-2_keenetic.ipk and libext2fs_1.42.4-1_keenetic.ipk repositoryhttps: //code.google.co...enetic-packages/sourceby Zyxmon'a.

I remind you that the installation of custom firmware deprives the device warranty (though I did my best not to happen anything wrong with that). In case of problems with the router after the firmware followinstructions from the manufacturer. In normal operation,possiblyrestoration of regular firmware from the web interface of the router.

Inside the archive with the firmware has everything you need to repeat its creation.

Screenshotshere. All the pages that have changed or have appeared in the web interface, as well as prufpiki access to the FTP service, SMB, DLNA, Transmission, state oxidase bath the DLNA, a Web camera.

mod32:
Changes:
Now the wheels are connected only when the entire system is fully loaded - Fixed the problem of "dual-launch" script and the script does not work firewall (unfs3 now works).

mod33:
Changes:
Added support for webcams (streaming over the network, write to the disk in the form of a photo sequence), compiled kernel modules independently, tying the rest fairly steal from Keenetic Ultra firmware. More than 2 frames per second or place, 4G revB processor is still weak.

mod34:
Deleted replacement igmpsn.ko kernel module (it was an oversight)
Added file / usr / bin / lsof from lsof_4.81-2_keenetic.ipk package (Fixed problem with disconnecting drives that are still occupied by someone else after all the preventive measures that performs full-time firmware Keenetic).
The problem with running script /media/DISK_A1/system/bin/ext_init.sh when mounting / unmounting partitions (the problem of "double / triple-start" script when loading / connecting disc and a problem that, when disabling any of the sections service disconnection occurred ). This time - for sure.
Changed format of firmware - now the firmware will be placed in a .zip file containing the firmware itself and the README.

mod35: Attached fileFirmware-KEENETIC-V1.11.B.RU.NDMS_mod35_for_KEENETIC_4G_revB.bin.zip (5.9 MB)

Fixed drive off the WPS button, the system partition off the web interface.

mod36: Attached fileFirmware-KEENETIC-V1.11.B.RU.NDMS_mod36_for_KEENETIC_4G_revB.bin.zip (12.55 MB)

Added the creation of a writable virtual EXT2-partition of the internal memory / storage / (using the free space after the SquashFS image in the mtd4 partition, 1547 Kb is currently free there). Although data retention in this section during a flashing is possible, butNOT GUARANTEED ! Also,do not turn off the power immediatelyafter writing to the / storage / section and do not restart the router immediately, in order to avoid data loss. It is recommended that after the sync and umount / storage commands are written, wait 15-30 minutes and reboot the router. If necessary, applications can be installed in this section, see http: //forum.zyxmon.or...netika-mini-opros.html for instructions. It is not recommended to actively use this section for recording in order to avoid premature wear of the Flash chip.
Added busybox with support for dmesg, hexdump, losetup, lsusb, mke2fs, mkfs.ext2, nc, printf commands
The modkit is now (in order to save space so that it can be more placed in / storage) is delivered not inside the firmware, but in the modkit.tar archive next to it inside the zip archive.

mod37: Attached fileFirmware-KEENETIC-V1.11.B.RU.NDMS_mod37_for_KEENETIC_4G_revB.bin.zip (12.56 MB)

Fixed bug when unmounting partitions of media occupied by someone (idiotic error, yes ...)
Added code that performs synchronization and unmounting of mtd4drive when rebooting via web-muzzle. This is not enough to ensure complete data security, but it is better than nothing. After completing work with the / storage / partition for recording, it is recommended to restart the routervia web interface.
Fixed a bug leading to glitches in the web interface and the operation of the router. If the web interface fails, use TFTP or Telnet to flash mod37. Firmware via Telnet:
telnet router / 192.168.1.1 / other router IP
<enter password>
flash || sh
cd / tmp /
wget http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100376233/zyxel/Firmware-KEENETIC-V1.11.B.RU.NDMS_mod37_for_KEENETIC_4G_revB.bin
flash upgrade Firmware-KEENETIC-V1.11.B.RU.NDMS_mod37_for_KEENETIC_4G_revB.bin

I hope that you will find a couple of minutes trying to tell me how the firmware (interested in both positive and negative - I'm just not physically able to alone test the all the possible use of equipment and scenarios to resolve any problems that may arise) .

Thanks for attention.

If you Zyxel KEENETIC 4G revA (It is white, with a button at the top) - use the firmware from the forum Dr.Acid Zyxmon: http://forum.zyxmon.org/post13772.html#p13772 (Can drives and printers, using torrents ext_init.sh put on an external drive).

Post has been editedS-trace - 29.01.14, 02:05
Reason for editing: New version

screens and web interface can be seen? many people have already put? as the stability of her? ;)

Regarding the number of users - difficult to answer, I post it on the forums, where there is no attachment file, it was necessary to use Dropbox - and it does not counter the number of downloads. But people 5, I think, will be typed. The fact is that prior to this firmware discussion went all in one place, it is not even Google. About it simply, nobody knows.

Regarding stability - I consider this version as a beta, so there may be differences unpredictable glitches (for example, on one of the older versions had reported an unexpected switch router from a DHCP-Server mode in DHCP-Relay (that is, he began to be lazy and send DHCP requests from home network upstairs to the provider, rather than answering them himself)). So - you need to test, in fact in the feedback (both positive, 'Wow, how cool my 4GrevB is now just as Ultra! ", And the negative" Hard course, but ... ... ... does not work ") I and counting. Alone, it is impossible to test the configuration of all hardware and software, alas. Itself I use it (there are, for 2 weeks lived without a router reboot and reconnect, but usually much less - firmware tests require a reboot).

UPD: Screenshots here . All the pages that have changed or have appeared in the web interface, as well as prufpiki access to the FTP service, SMB, DLNA, Transmission, state oxidase bath the DLNA, a Web camera.

Post has been editedS-trace - 19.01.14, 15:16
Reason for editing: Added a link to screenshots

The new version of the improved my firmware for Keenetic 4G revB. changes:
mod35:
Fixed drive off the WPS button, the system partition off the web interface.

Full details and a link to download the firmwarehere

Post has been editedS-trace - 21.01.14, 21:34

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 02/23/20 at 10:04