> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Nintendo 3DS - Discussion | Nintendo Portable Game Console.
Do you have any amiibo figures?
-
Yes, for your favorite game [ 2 ] ** [8,7%]
Yes, I just liked the figure [ 5 ] ** [21,74%]
Not [ 16 ] ** [69,57%]
Total votes: 23

Rep: (344)
Nintendo 3DS - Discussion / Nintendo 3DS - Hacking / Nintendo 3DS - Games / Nintendo 3DS - Sharing Friend Codes / Console accessories

Attached Image

Current firmware version (firmware) at the moment -11.10.0-43E from 27.05.2019
Link to changelog -nintendo.ru

Description:
Nintendo 3DS is Nintendo's portable system that lets you experience the world of video games wherever you are. The 3DS family is able to create a three-dimensional picture, giving players new emotions from the passage of their favorite titles. Thanks to the built-in Wi-Fi module and modern technologies, you can go for a walk and at the same time be online, playing with friends. A convenient form factor, good battery life and a large number of game titles are the success of the 3DS family, which includes consolesNentendo 3DS ( XL ) / 2DS / new 3DS ( XL ) / new 2DS XL

Specifications
Nintendo 3DS
Dimensions: 134 x 74 x 22 mm
Weight: 226 g (236 with cartridge)
Upper screen: 3D, LCD, 3.53 ", 800x240 pixels, 16.77 million colors
Lower screen: touch, 3.02 ", 320x240 pixels, 16.77 million colors
Cameras: 2 external, 1 internal, CMOS, 640x480 pixels
Wireless: WiFi 802.11b / g
Interfaces: SD, 3.5 mm jack, cartridge connector (DS / 3DS)
Optional: motion sensor, gyroscope, built-in microphone, 2GB SD card
Battery: 1300mAh
Game time:
- 3-5 hours of play with 3D enabled in 3D games
- 5-8 hours in DS games
appearance
Attached Image

Nintendo 3DS XL
The screens are enlarged (the resolution remains the same, which is why the "granularity" is more pronounced), battery capacity, weight
Dimensions: 156 x 9322 mm
Upper screen: 3D, LCD, 4.88 ", 800x240 pixels, 16.77 million colors
Lower screen: touchscreen, 4.18 ", 320x240 pixels, 16.77 million colors
Optional: 4GB SD card
Battery: 1750mAh
Game time:
- 3.5–6.5 hours of play with 3D enabled in 3D games
- 6-10 hours in DS games
appearance
Attached Image

Nintendo 2DS
monoblock form factor, no 3D mode
Dimensions: 144 x 127 x 20.3 mm
Battery: 1300mAh
Game time:
- 3.5–5.5 hours of playing games in 3D
- 5-9 hours in DS games
appearance
Attached Image

New Nintendo 3DS
Dimensions: 142 x 80.6 x 21.6 mm
Battery: 1400mAh
Game time:
- 3.5–6 hours of play with 3D enabled in 3D games
- 6.5-10 hours in DS games
appearance
Attached Image

New Nintendo 3DS XL
Dimensions: 160 x 93.5 x 21.5 mm
Battery: 1700mAh
Game time:
- 3.5–7 hours of play with 3D enabled in 3D games
- 7-12 hours in DS games
appearance
Attached Image

Official eShop store
Reviews on Yandex.Market about3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, new 3DS, new 3DS XLandnew 2DS XL
Review on3DS onsavagemessiahzine.com; on new 2DS XLonsavagemessiahzine.com

- - -

Friends, before asking a question - check for an answer to it in the FAQ sections of the header! Surely the answer has already been given. Do not be too lazy to spend 5 minutes of your time and get acquainted.
Do not forget to use the search
(in the upper right corner of the topic) Picture
- - -

Console FAQ
- general issues -
What version of the console to choose?
-depending on your preferences and financial component.2DS - monoblock and perfect for children (no 3D); new 2DS XL - The latest novelty, you can consider it new 3DS XL without the 3D function (and cheaper); new 3DS (XL) better than their older brothers more stable 3D, iron and battery, but also more expensive. Also, the new 2DS XL and new 3DS (XL) have an additional C-stick, which is mainly responsible for the rotation of the camera.
Comparison new 3DS and new 3DS XL

Is there a manual on my console?
- of course. For new 3ds (xl) hehere, on 2DS, as well as other muculature can be foundon off site

What is the chronology of the release of consoles of this family?
- 3DS went on salein February 11 ->in june 12Announced Release 3DS XL ->in August 13presented 2DS -> new 3DS and XL version coming outOctober 14. well andin the middle of 17option appeared new 2DS XL

new 2DS XL is better than new 3DS XL?
- well, formally it can be called a lightweight version, it is smaller in size, cheaper plastic (not decorated mostly) plastic is used, there is no 3D, because of which the attachment has become cheaper.

What is Nintendo new 3DSLl
- this is the same as the XL version, only specifically for the Japanese region. Often has a unique cap, which may attract collectors. Console language - only Japanese, hence the sometimes low price in the secondary market

What are StreetPass and SpotPass?
- SpotPass - a system for automatically downloading content for games and software in a specific place (more); StreetPass - essentially the same, but in a personal meeting with other 3DS nicknames + Mia's games (more)

Are there any limited versions of consoles?
- of course! Limits are one of the company's main revenues + unique console style. It only affects the appearance + often contains any of the titles in the kit.
Link to alllimited console versions
As well as a selection of all publications specifically forsavagemessiahzine.com: 1 part new 3DS XL ; Part 2 new 2DS XL ; 3 part - Nintendo 3DS ; 4 part - 3DS XL / LL ; 2DS - 5 part

What to look for when buying a console?
- in all versions, displays deserve special attention - check them for the presence of dead pixels. Check the lower touch screen for a response. Inspect the holes - a memory card slot, headphone input, a hole for the cartridge; listen to the speakers, check the 3D function on the consoles 3DS (XL) / new 3DS (XL); Check the backlash of the top cover (XL versions are more susceptible to this disease).
The maximum detail about buying used new 3DS XL

What kind of charging is suitable for my console?
- big Nrecommendscharge the console with original charging. However, any memory device will do, even a USB cable with a suitable connector and charging from a PC, though it will be a little longer. The charger has ~ the following characteristics: 220-240V ~ 50 / 60Hz 90mA; 4.6V 900mA

Can I charge the console from my old console and vice versa?
- Yes! The charger is the same for all of the following models: NintendoDSi (XL) , 3DS (XL) , 2DS , New 3DS (XL) , New 2DS XL

Can I use a USB cable and an adapter / Power bank?
- Of course, the console itself will shoot as much current as it needs.

Can I plug in American power supplies (110V) to our sockets (220V)?
- without LATR(autotransformer, which you probably do not have)don't even think about it. At best, the unit will simply explode from the double voltage applied to it.

What is Circle Pad Pro for 3DS?
is a special extension for3DS or XL version adding C-stick, implemented later in new-models. Read more

- technical section -
What are the different matrices? IPS and TN
- The IPS and / or TN matrix of the upper and / or lower screen can be installed on the console. Full and detailed distinctionhere

What type of sensor is installed on the bottom screens?
- resistive. More about workhere

On my console, play(extra movement)Is the lid normal? What to do?
- unfortunately it is a "disease" of all folding consoles except the 1st generation (3DS ). Over time, the play will only increase. You can contact the SC to replace the console hinges or change them yourself by ordering hinges from China (search topic)

The top cover snaps loudly - should it be so?
- Yes, onnew 3DS ( XL ) for sure.

How much memory card to choose?
- officiallySDHC up to32 Gb . However, nothing prohibits installing cards in the "latest" console and up to 400+ Gb.
Studyon performance with a 128 Gb card.

Can I play games that require a C-pad (nipple) in 3DS ( XL )
- Yes, but with inconvenience. It’s better to useCircle Pad Pro

And how to transfer all the data from one MicroSD to another? What format should the map be?
- answerhere. In Kratz: to the root of the card, use the MBR and be formatted in FAT32

- cartridges -
Are the cartridges from the DS series suitable?
- Yes, they are inserted in the same way as from 3DS, they are pressed by a special mechanism inside.

Does the console cartridge affect battery consumption?
- cartridges from ds / 3ds - no. R4 cartridge for hacking - yes. Read moretimeand two

What is R4 / Sky3DS / CFW?
- this all refers to cracking the console. YouIn thistopic

- software section -
I want to flash the console and I have so many questions!
- to you inthis section. I also recommend readingFAQ for unshieldedandFAQ for stitchedbefore asking questions.

How to open several programs / games?
- no way. The console does not support such a function, so when you open a new application, the previous one will be closed (with the exception of the HOME menu settings).

Is it possible to watch video from sites through a browser?
- Yes, but is it worth it? Even smartphones do not always cope with an abundance of advertising content.

Youtube is unstable, freezes. So it should be?
- the application has not been supported for a long time and is a terrible adaptation for consoles, use your smartphone in Luch.

Can I remove parental control?
- yes, a little morehere

I bought the console from my hands, and there remained the NNID of the old owner, what should I do?
- a) contact him and ask him to untie the console in the profile if you do not want to format it
b) format the console
c) delete the NNID turn of LUMA (for flashed, inthis section)

Why doesn't Miiverse work?
- Miiverse service will stop working on Wednesday, 11/08/2017, at 09:00 (MSK).

How to take a screenshot in the game?
- if the game does not support this function (usually L + R) - it is legal in any way. Previously, you could do it through Miiverse and share the record, but with the abolition of the service, this is impossible. However, you cantake screenshots. Flash can even record video.

What are Badges? Why don't I have them?
is a special Nintendo fan service that allows you to customize your HOME menu (Read more). The menu item appears after installing the application.

How do I know if my console is stitched?
- open System Preferences. If writtenVer on the upper display on the lower right, the console is not sewn. If a Sys or something else - stitched.

Amiibo FAQ
What is amiibo?
- This is a collection of special figures relating to a particular game on the console.About amiibo; entire collectionamiibo figurines.
They open up special features in the game, replenish HP, open up locations, summon monsters, add fighters and much more!

Is amiibo supported by console?
- Yes. Consolenew 3DS (XL) support amiibo without any extras. devices To read the figures on 3DS ( XL ) and 2DS need a special device - NFC reader. Read more

How to use amiibo?
- everything is very simple - followguide.

How to find out what bonus I get?
- almost any figure is compatible with a game that supports amiibo, more inguide

Does amiibo have no locale region?
- not. Even if the figure is from Japan - it will work with all versions of the console

Do I have to buy figures? Is there a cheaper way?
- there is, but he is more ... not so gracefully executed. You can simply buy NFC-tags for ebay or Alie cards with prints, you can buy clean tags and write them yourself - in more detail (later).

What kind of NFC tag are suitable?
- NFC ntag 215 cards and rounders fit

Do figures need batteries?
- no, they are not required.

Game FAQ
Is there a lok region?
- yes, lok region is present. Accordingly, playing cartridges can be played on consoles of only the relevant region - USA for USA, EU for Europe (Italy, France, Russia, Germany ...) and Japan only for the Japan region.

Can I play DS games?
- yes, prefixofficiallysupports backward compatibility

But what about the game on the cartridges?
- yes, of course, on all models from 2ds to new 2ds XL. Littlemore

Is it possible to play through the SEGA / NES / GameBoy emulator on the console?
- officially - only in games from eShop, ported for this. Unofficially - you inthissection.

Advise a selection of games DS
Youto this topicgames. But here there is something:Must Have DS.

Other useful information

Dictionary
This is not a guide to action. Such words sound from time to time, so it’s more easy to familiarize yourself.
  • -old / oldushka (old3DS) - old versions of the console marked with 3DS, without the prefix new
  • -Japan (LL) - Japanese version of the 3DS console. They have the prefix LL instead of European XL, the menu language on such consoles is only Japanese.
  • -Limitka - a limited edition of a console
  • - Region lock (region lock) - restriction of the console to a specific region (USA / EUR / JAP)
  • -Nipple - C-stick on the 'new' console versions
  • Nyushka - The console of the New generation Nintendo -new 3DS (XL) , new 2DS XL
  • - Pen - Stylus Console
  • Shovel - ConsoleNintendo 2DS

[*] - Shell - removable panel for folding consoles

If a forum member gave good advice that helped in solving your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant Picture
changer logs
19.08.19 - battery autonomy test started on new 3DS XL, added to other utilities
01.08.19 - The survey on the console model is closed and archived. Amiibo survey launched.
29.07.19 - replenishment of the software section in the FAQ header
09.07.19 - added a question in the software about how to find out if the console is stitched. Improved guide for buying used new 3DS XL
06.07.19 - Added info on the memory for the console line, added a new spoiler item Useful information
21.06.19 - the poll “What console do you have at the moment?” started, the logo of the community was added,
20.06.19 - added Amiibo FAQ
15.06.19 - created a new FAQ format based on available , added links to PDF manuals, removed the section "Sharing games" - not relevant, added a section of accessories.
14.06.19 - New Curator (leom12) - a new hat.
it was like this
Attached Image
Polls archive
  1. Attached Image

K
The curator of the topic isleom12 (QMS)
Glad your suggestions and comments!

Post has been editedleom12 - Yesterday, 20:41
Reason for editing: added info

Rep: (29)
Reedley123 @ 05/19/19, 8:36*
and it closes somehow not completely (around the gap), unlike n2dsxl

On the contrary, I did not even consider n2ds, because of the design of the hinge. The whole hinge out, wretched and cheap looks PPC. IMHO of course.

New 3ds looks the most premium, neat and canonical, but of course the screen size is not for everybody.

Post has been editediljatanger - 19.05.19, 19:59

Rep: (15)
All 3ds have trouble sleeping, haven't they solved it with some kind of update? In a review, I heard in some way that after 3 days she completely sits down even if she does not use

Rep: (679)
reedley123 @ 05.21.2019, 14:08*
All 3ds have trouble sleeping,

Well, how can I say, there are no problems with sleep, it lives in standby mode for about a week.
But if a cartridge from DS (R4) is installed in the console, then the console does not sleep, and sits down pretty quickly.
This is not a bug but a feature.

Rep: (5)
Can I charge an American USB Nintendo 3ds XL with European charging?

* kapotonai2013
It is possible, most importantly, that the input and output voltage are suitable.

Rep: (3)
* reedley123 ,
And what a clever 3DS person leaves 3 days in sleep mode ?! I understand that you went to work / study and forgot to turn it off, but it’s about 6-12 hours a day - the battery will not drain much.
Here in the off state and without a cartridge in the slot - the battery lasts a very long time (almost does not discharge over time).

To other people about 3D: plants eyes and battery, looks super nice in some games! Straight backs can be seen from behind, the character and all the objects in front - bulging - beautiful! But in some games 3D is not optimized at all as it should - the picture is blurry and the effect of "bulge" is not really visible. Someone likes it, someone doesn’t - go to the store and see the effect there.

About the form factor:
I prefer New 3DS (not XL!).
Compact form - easily fits in a pocket, doesn’t play anything, everything is clearly fixed, the screen does not hang. Compared with the new 2DS XL - build quality - fierce Chinese! The screen dangles, fixing on snot - horror! Don’t forget about graphonium: Textures without ladders (in XL textiles are the same size, they just pulled more on the screen, so they look worse graphically),

Post has been editedTreychik - 21.05.19, 19:20

Treychik @ 05/21/2019, 18:18*
in XL textiles of the same size, they simply pulled the screen larger, so they look worse graphically)

I don’t agree, on the XL screen the same resolution, just pixels more.
There is already a taste and color (and not perfect vision).

* McPcholkin ,

I don’t know, I immediately see the setup of the same MX games - there’s PPC!
Here is the confirmation:

Reddit comments

Post has been editedTreychik - 21.05.19, 19:31

* Treychik,
I’m not saying that the difference is not visible, I’m just saying that the screen resolution and texture resolution are the same, only the pixel size is larger and the graininess is more pronounced because of this.

Rep: (75)
* reedley123,
Wifi chop off and will keep in sleep mode.

* SundayWarrior stick wifi off + cartridge stick out :)

Rep: (75)
* Treychik,
DS pirate eats up, yes. I have not used it for a long time - I forgot it. So the norms in standby mode 3ds lives if you observe simple rituals

Rep: (78)
Hello everyone, I saw an interesting lot on ebay, 3ds xl is cheap, but there is parental control, which the seller doesn’t remember, says otherwise. Is it worth taking? And can it be removed? I plan to take a prefix for hacking and games from a torrent

Vorosh @ 05.24.19, 12:22*
it means parental control, which the seller doesn’t remember,

Filmed in 5 minutes
https://mkey.salthax.org/

K
In the header in the FAQ section of the console

Post has been editedleom12 - 14.06.19, 15:51

* Vorosh ,

And what is not new 3ds xl? New - many times faster

Rep: (15)
Does anyone play 3ds with a switch? I can’t decide to buy everything. The form factor new 3ds xl is very attractive, although I do not play on the road, but the switch is still the same bandura)
I hope that fire emblem, Xenoblade will hook me (on the switch I hooked the second part). I doubt at the expense of Zeld very much

Post has been editedreedley123 - 27.05.19, 12:45

Rep: (2)
* reedley123 having a switch I play on new 2ds xl in nes games. Kaif) like the form factor. Switch for home, and 2ds on the way to work

Post has been editedkamozidare - 27.05.19, 16:28

Rep: (29)
Does anyone play 3ds with a switch? I can’t decide to buy everything. The form factor new 3ds xl is very attractive, although I do not play on the road, but the switch is still the same bandura)
I hope that fire emblem, Xenoblade will hook me (on the switch I hooked the second part). I doubt at the expense of Zeld very much

I bought a switch for myself, something didn’t work at all. Not comfortable bandura. Waiting for a new revision. While on 3ds games do not replay

Rep: (0)
Does anyone play 3ds with a switch? I can’t decide to buy everything.

I got a simpler choice ...
I bought my daughter 2DS XL, but from Switch itself)
So now I can try what 2DS is)

Rep: (100)
3ds having switch

If interest in games is constant, then such a bunch justifies itself.
Although 3DS is slowly leaving the stage, it has a large collection of high-quality games. And it is unlikely that these games will appear on other platforms.
On the Switch side there is a constantly replenishing library and a connection to the TV set. As for his mobility, I would not be categorical. But in the bag it fits perfectly.

If you put the question in the “either-or” plane, then I am for the Switch.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/29/19, 00:01