Acer Iconia W4 - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows 8.1 | 8 '' | Intel Bay Trail 1.8GHz | 2GB

Rep: (184)
Acer Iconia W4
Windows 8.1 / 10 | Intel Atom Z3740 | screen 8 "
Description | Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows 8-8.1 пїЅ | Windows RT and software пїЅ | Games for tablets on Intel Bay Trail пїЅ | Windows 7 пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Specifications
There are 2 device modifications:
W4-820 - without 3G
W4-821 - with 3G module
W4-820 / W4-821 comes with 64, 32 GB of internal memory.
  • Screen: 8-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1280x800 pixels;
  • Processor: Intel Atom Z3740 (Bay Trail) with a clock frequency of 1.33 GHz;
  • RAM: 2 GB;
  • Internal memory: 32/64 GB + slot for microSD;
  • Main camera: 5 MP, Full HD
  • Communication Interfaces: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB, 3.5 mm, microHDMI, GPS, 3G;
  • Sensors: Position sensor, gyroscope, compass, light sensor .;
  • Battery: Li-Polymer 4960 mAh;
  • Operating system: Windows 8.1 x86 | Windows 10 x86;
  • Dimensions: 218 x 135 x 11 mm, weight 0.425 kg
Photo
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
Reviews, reviews
Drivers and Utilities
Useful links, FAQ

Post has been editedstp101 - 12.06.18, 14:38
Reason for editing: New AndrewP_one Rules

Rep: (0)
And from what defects such images?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-QC2CDAgSE
The same in water Farkray

Attached images
Attached Image

Another problem surfaced touchscreen stopped working o.O

In the BIOS touch works.
And OS earned. Strange garbage :)

Post has been editedg-force - 15.02.19, 17:34

Rep: (492)
g-force @ 15.02.19, 17:33*
strange garbage

trail touchscreen, or rather its setting in the connector
poshustree Forum, not once had this problem, a loop touchscreen, simply remove and insert on the back
whether on loops plaque of some sort, whether locks on the connectors are not fully compressing

I have a strange tablet. Connector and SIM cards do not have a modem in there !!! o.O

VOVAN_L300 @ 16.02.19, 01:16*
poshustree Forum, not once had this problem, a loop touchscreen, simply remove and insert on the back
whether on loops plaque of some sort, whether locks on the connectors are not fully compressing

It touchscreen loop or another controller that govern it?
It is also noticed that when touch is not working, it is written that "the pen and touch input is not available for this system"

Rep: (6)
Good morning colleagues. Tell someone know mainboard revision REV: D and REV: E interchangeable?

Post has been editedbibon77 - 18.02.19, 22:01

Rep: (170)
Windows 8.1. After switching on all normal, but over time, 10-15 minutes, and turns off the boost processing speed does not rise above 1333. How to win?

AstraVE @ 03.03.19, 18:01*
processor frequency does not rise above 1333

In this case, the CPU temperature is what? Can the heat sink what trouble ...

Rep: (170)
* VOVAN_L300,
improved heat dissipation through the thermal pads to the back cover. The peak load is not higher than 55. The evidence that is not the case - the frequency does not return even after one hour. Only need to reboot.

Post has been editedAstraVE - 04.03.19, 20:33

Rep: (5)
I am charging a fee (usb) on our device. Or donor will buy, for example, to the off-screen.

Rep: (229)
Puzzled by the lack of usb type a on the tablet. I need it every day and not always responsible for the works, but the itch then flash the radio in the car. Adapter with micro USB on the type a drizzle. Zadolbal poor contact, I try a few different kinds. I was about to sell and buy tablet asus t102ha (or something like). But the toad strangled, the difference in TR 20-15 Due to the single connector that amount did not want to pay. The remaining differences between the Acer and ASUS are not essential for me and even negative. In particular the screen and size. Acer to me "is the juice" in size.
As a result, I found a circuit for our device and castled it. I removed the modem and one of its antennas from the tablet and removed one usb type a connector.
What to say. I regret that I did not do this before. I would save on buggy adapters :-).
The connection is stable. I did not connect hard drives (I don’t need it, so I don’t know whether it will pull or not), but flash drives, mice, and other “low-current” peripherals work with a bang.
And the radio tape recorder is stitched without problems.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Post has been editedErnesto Guevara de la Serna - 14.04.19, 13:26

Rep: (5)
* Ernesto Guevara de la Serna Interesting possible to do this on a model without 3g?)

* FalStep,
Disassemble and look. Is there a connector on the board for the network card?

Post has been editedErnesto Guevara de la Serna - 14.04.19, 19:42

Rep: (15)
* Ernesto Guevara de la Serna, you are certainly well done, and arms straight, but maybe worth it to look normal OTG cable? By the way, a standard, a set of still works great, pulls and drives, constantly pumped movies on the tablet. Such "uluchshalki" In my only self, no offense :)

May be who knows where to buy a matrix cable for Acer W4-820? (Ebay, aliexpress I'm not from Raska) by the inscriptions on the loop finds nothing.

* edvardmeister
thank. I do not agitate everyone and everyone to follow my path. It was easier for me. Native long lost is not known where. Due to the fact that I'm absent-minded :). And this solution saves me from any problems. One FIG 3zh modem I do not use. Distribution from a 4zh phone is more efficient.

Rep: (15)
* Gena91, I do not think that such a trifle sold separately. I think, either together with the matrix, or to look for a donor

* Gena91, can search by the number of contacts suitable.

FalStep @ 14.04.19, 14:34*
interesting possible to do this on a model without 3g?)
not
in the 820th is not binding with all the attendant

Ernesto Guevara de la Serna @ 14/04/19, 13:01*
Adapter with micro USB on the type a drizzle. Zadolbal bad contact
in the tablet itself is a problem with the socket microUSB, solder falls off
and it is not going smoothly, it is somewhere in the layers of the track breaks with the board
eliminating this very failure, connection problems no longer occur

Gena91 @ 14.04.19, 19:17*
May be who knows where to buy a matrix cable for Acer W4-820?
a native does everything badly?

Ernesto Guevara de la Serna @ 15/04/19, 20:22*
can look for are adequate to the number of contacts
it is quite specific
small addition that the contact pads in a staggered manner, so there is also a kind of double-layered printing (davnovato considered, I do not remember exactly)

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 04/27/20, 04:31