Acer Iconia W4 - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows 8.1 | 8 '' | Intel Bay Trail 1.8GHz | 2GB

Rep: (160)
Acer Iconia W4
Windows 8.1 / 10 | Intel Atom Z3740 | screen 8 "
Description | Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows 8-8.1 пїЅ | Windows RT and software пїЅ | Games for tablets on Intel Bay Trail пїЅ | Windows 7 пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Specifications
There are 2 device modifications:
W4-820 - without 3G
W4-821 - with 3G module
W4-820 / W4-821 comes with 64, 32 GB of internal memory.
  • Screen: 8-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1280x800 pixels;
  • Processor: Intel Atom Z3740 (Bay Trail) with a clock frequency of 1.33 GHz;
  • RAM: 2 GB;
  • Internal memory: 32/64 GB + slot for microSD;
  • Main camera: 5 MP, Full HD
  • Communication Interfaces: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB, 3.5 mm, microHDMI, GPS, 3G;
  • Sensors: Position sensor, gyroscope, compass, light sensor .;
  • Battery: Li-Polymer 4960 mAh;
  • Operating system: Windows 8.1 x86 | Windows 10 x86;
  • Dimensions: 218 x 135 x 11 mm, weight 0.425 kg
Photo
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
Reviews, reviews
Drivers and Utilities
Useful links, FAQ

Post has been editedstp101 - 12.06.18, 14:38
Reason for editing: New AndrewP_one Rules

Rep: (53)
DiscussionAcer Iconia W4
PictureIcon
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase В»| Accessories В»
Windows 8 пїЅ | Windows 8.1 пїЅ | Windows RT | Windows 7 пїЅ | Windows xp пїЅ | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ

Attached Image

1280x800 - 8 "IPS - Zero Air Gap technology
Intel Atom Bay Trail Quad Core 1.4-1.8Ghz
2Gb RAM - 32Gb ROM - Bluetooth - WiFi - microHDMI - microSDHC - microUSB

Additional photos
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Specifications:
Acer introduced the second version of its own eight-inch tablet on the Windows operating system. The device received an improved display, a new Atom processor from Intel, improved dimensions and the latest version of Windows 8.1.
Attached Image

The most anticipated update is the display, for which Acer W3 received a lot of negative reviews. Although the screen remained eight-inch with a resolution of 1280x800, from now onIt is made using IPS technology using Zero Air Gap technology, which consists in eliminating the air gap between the touchscreen glass and the LCD panel. Improved viewing angles and color reproduction eliminate the main drawback of the previous model. In addition to the screen, the processor is also improved: now it is Quad-core Intel Atom BayTrail family with a frequency of 1.8 GHz.
Attached Image

The amount of RAM has not changed - still, 2 GB, the amount of internal memory - 32 or 64 GB. The resolution of the main camera is 5 megapixels, the front - 2 megapixels. As for the dimensions, the W4 has become thinner (10.75 mm versus 11.4 mm for the W3) and lighter (415 grams versus 500 grams). A set of interfaces is standard:Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, microSD, microUSB, micro-HDMI. The press photo shows a slot for SIM cards, but the company hasn’t announced anything about the built-in 3G modem yet.
Attached Image

A number of useful accessories will be released to the device: two versions of Bluetooth keyboards, a passive stylus, an extra battery, and covers. The device will be pre-installed with the full version of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013. Acer W4 will be on sale in the US this month for the price299.99 for the version with 32 GB of memory and 9.99 for the tablet with 64 GB.
Useful information:

Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where they helped you, and write thanks.

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links, or through QMS.

Post has been editedctich21 - 24.08.14, 23:02
Reason for editing: added info

Rep: (31)
Correctly, as one person noted, w4 if you look closely at the black border on the screen with the Acer inscription above, then you can see a more unpleasant picture than in the w3 model where everything is proportional. Sadly, it looks so ugly.

Post has been editedjhh.hnm - 19.10.13, 15:02

A little video: rolleyes:1 , 2 , 3 .

Post has been editedjhh.hnm - 20.10.13, 22:11

Rep: (261)
In Moscow already have?

tanger73 @ 10.21.2013, 20:20*
In Moscow already have?

: D Are you talking about anything else in the world, waiting for the start of sales.

jhh.hnm @ 10/21/2013 02:51*
Some video 1, 2, 3.

two videos in general niochem ... the third is not HD, niochem too

P.S.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoKWHyyh4Ng- at least HD version of Cnet

Post has been editedWLAD88 - 21.10.13, 19:42

WLAD88 @ 10.21.2013, 20:41*
2 videos in general niochem ... the third is not HD, also niochem

What at that time was in the internet, then laid out. In general, there are not so many videos about w4, it is even strange.
HD version of Cnet is also nothing, because the essence of this does not change. Is not it ?
And what do you owe about what? and since you are not talking about anything?

Post has been editedjhh.hnm - 21.10.13, 20:13

jhh.hnm, A slideshow of photos in English (which the robot says) with a list of characteristics that everyone already knows - this is nothing ... Cnet even showed how it lies: happy:

Post has been editedWLAD88 - 21.10.13, 20:46

WLAD88,
This is all understandable, but do we really have the choice to look at something else that we have taken and look at it, thanks at least for that, and I really want to know the details, but they are not there unfortunately. : rolleyes:

Post has been editedjhh.hnm - 21.10.13, 21:09

Rep: (5)
Amazon has a strange positionAcer Iconia W4-820-2894. The strangeness is that the status of the goods "Temporarily out of stock". Apparently the Amazon himself made a position in advance.

Rep: (1)
Already removed her

Rep: (12)
An official video appeared on the Acer channel -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMV61f8KlNY

: rolleyes:
Already you can buy Acer w4here or here
Successful purchase all. ;)

Rep: (7)
Have you already ordered from Acer's website?

rocky.d. @ 11/24/2013, 20:22*
Have you already ordered from Acer's website?

No, as long as they suspended the ordering to the order, I will not say what is connected with it, since it was still possible to order it in the morning. Will wait . : happy:

Post has been editedjhh.hnm - 24.11.13, 19:47

Of course, I want to make and understand what it feels like ... today I felt Dell and Lenovo in Magazin ... Lenovo liked IMHO more ... that's interesting in what order the acer) I wait until January) If I can go somewhere or see the acer live , then I’m determined ... if I don’t take lenovo ... :)

Rep: (2)
Personally, I will wait for Acer.
For me, the presence of hdmi is critical, and the general arrangement of ports and the construction of slots for sd and sim are more competent for it.

Plus, acer promises more accessories than the rest (two types of clav and comfortable carpet).

Of course, it is a pity that acer has not crammed the Wakomovsky digitizer into the device, but what's not there is none (

I do not even know what to say ... and when they promise to start selling acer, who knows? Is the processor acer more powerful than that of lenovo? Who can tell?

Rep: (2)
The percents seem to be the same, with the D index. Although it may be that the two-line percents have been set, they are hardly.
Sales of the 32Gb version are about to begin, and the version with 64Gb and 3G will appear much later, probably in early January ...

Lenovo without the D index for sure, I checked it in the store yesterday ...

Post has been editedrocky.d. - 25.11.13, 15:19

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/26/19, 14:12