Mele m8 | TV box on AllWinner A31 chip

Rep: (11)
DiscussionMele M8 BOX Mini PC
Attached ImageMele M8 Mini PC, Android 4.2.2 mini PC, Box

• Before asking a question, lookAndroid OS FAQ and Glossary . Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections:Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact:Selection and Comparison .
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic:Benchmark .
  • Off topic posts removed.

The cap is in the design stage, if you have any requests, information that you want to add to the header - write in a personal.

Device characteristics
Processor (CPU): AllWinner A31 1.0 GHz Quad-Core Processor with Cortex в„ў -A7 Architecture
Video chip (GPU): Eight-core PowerVR в„ў SGX544MP2 video accelerator (Marketing, written on the AllWinner off site)
Random Access Memory (RAM): 1Gb (DDR3)
Internal Memory (Internal Flash): 8 Gb (System + Applications + Virtual SD)
Interfaces: 2 x USB host port, 1 x HDMI port, 1 x SD card slot, 1 optical, 1 x DC IN, 1 x audio, 1 x LAN, 1 x Micro USB
Video Output: HDMI в„ў 1.4a, Full HD 1080p, 3D movie file format supported
Wireless Connectivity: 802.11 b / g / n Wi-Fi
Power: DC 5V, 3A adapter included
Audio Output: HDMI в„ў 1.4a, Optical S / PDIF
A photo
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Reviews and Videos
Prices and purchase
Photo settings (Standard launcher MELE
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Feedback and impressions
Benchmarks
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

CWM for TVBox MeLE Allwinner A31
Firmware
Stitched through the SD card:
Instructions for uploading firmware to the card

Firmware 1.1.3 MeLE M8
Firmware 3.1.1 MeLE M8
Firmware 3.1.3 MeLE M8
Firmware 3.1.9 SD

P.S. They say 3.1.3 is more buggy, did not check, I am currently “playing” with 3.1.1.

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedvelikashkin - 08.07.17, 09:55
Reason for editing: firmware and installation

Rep: (7)
Hello,
Yesterday I received this device + Mele F10Pro. So far I haven't even started it, but if someone has questions that need no physical intervention to answer, I will be happy to answer because of my knowledge.

Post has been editedromanovmykola - 21.10.13, 10:59

Rep: (1)
Interested in the most important thing - how long does it work without dependencies?
1. Smooth interface?
2. Stability and speed wifi?
3. Speed ​​over LAN? Fall off or not?
4. Heating?
5. Spontaneous shutdown?
6. Falling asleep and waking up the device?
7. 1080 or 720?
8. Play video online (brakes, sound, zavonsy)?

st1977 @ 10.21.2013, 12:20*
Interested in the most important thing

I will answer tomorrow / day after tomorrow, since I installed the device to my parents. Just in points 2.4 and 5 there will be an answer for a more or less representative period.

RTH is out of the box? my while somewhere in customs (

Attached Image

Post has been editeddinis999 - 27.10.13, 14:31

st1977 @ 10.21.2013, 11:20*
Interested in the most important thing - how long does it work without dependencies?
1. Smooth interface?
2. Stability and speed wifi?
3. Speed ​​over LAN? Fall off or not?
4. Heating?
5. Spontaneous shutdown?
6. Falling asleep and waking up the device?
7. 1080 or 720?
8. Play video online (brakes, sound, zavonsy)?

1. The menu is somewhat reminiscent of Metro UI, and navigation through sections (video, audio ...) should not be called fast.
2. WiFi keeps the signal stable, and reception is 30% better than MK802 percent. As for speed, I have a 20 Mbps channel, and I didn’t expect any special miracles: they are coping.
3. LAN is stable, I did not have time to measure the speed, but 1080p video plays stably.
4. After 10 minutes, Real Racing 3 is a little warmer, but not critical.
5. I myself did not turn off, turned off on demand, however, you can not call it off.
6. It reminded me more of the screen lock on the smartphone (after talking on Skype and then shutting down, the indicator on the camera continued to light up and the call did not stop)
7. 720p, and the maximum that you can choose is 1080i, but then the image loses its original aspect ratio (stretched outwards). When choosing 1080p, 50 or 60 hertz did not choose, then it showed everything in purple tones.
8. It seems that I did not find any of the above.
I did not specify the presence of the root, but I see no reason to particularly hope for it.

Just share my sadness:
Firmware.
+:
1. Many of the necessary applications are preinstalled, including Google Play. Most of the programs that are available to me on my Xiaomi Mi2a are also suitable for the console (according to Google Play).
2. Those applications that I installed - run (Vkontakte music and video, Angry Birds, Real Racing 3). The last one barely loaded the cache, and then - I never figured out how to drive with the accelerometer of the console, and slow down - on the phone this is done by tapping on the screen.
3. It is possible to open the run launch launcher, and delve into the settings or is there something else to do in the familiar interface.
-:
4. Of the pre-installed applications, some of them were launched only once, and no longer wish, like, for example, something like XMBC.
5. It is impossible to assess the full potential due to lags, non-starting programs, 720p images.
Iron:
6. The prefix is ​​made neatly, there are 2 buttons on the panel - one is responsible for sleeping, the second, probably, for WiFi. On the one and on the other there are icons of handsets, meaning to pick up / hang up (my Skype didn’t work during a call).
7. The native remote is very much like a Wii controller, but I haven’t found any use for it besides navigating the menu.
8. I bought together with the Mele F10Pro, and I can say that this remote works great at the same time as the native one. The pro-model itself differs quite a bit from the first one, although the purpose of the button on the keyboard side of the console appeared incomprehensible for me (left and right click, for example), and it seems that the battery is loose inside me. It is very pleasant to talk on Skype using a webcam and remote control at the ear.
9. It is inconvenient that it is not possible to choose from which device to read the sound: a USB camera microphone, or a console.
10. To output the sound, everything is provided: there is a button on the remote that either switches to the built-in speaker of the console, or to the TV speakers via HDMI, also when headphones are connected directly to the console - the sound goes there (you can also choose in the system settings) . I have not tried to connect headphones directly into the microphone, but I do not foresee any problems.
11. An old Logitec USB camera was perfectly connected and recognized in Skype - the activity indicator is working, the built-in microphone is also.

In a word, I have mixed feelings: on the one hand, the device is very beautiful and cool, and it’s clear that everything is all right on the hardware level, on the other hand, the firmware is very underpowered, which makes using the device almost impossible (not to mention to put the parents to use and do not strain). If, suddenly, it turns out that there is an opportunity to install another firmware on it, deprived of all the above-listed non-deliveries, and will allow to preserve most of the advantages - I will be in the front row.

Post has been editedromanovmykola - 28.10.13, 15:37

http://androidpc.es/blog/2013/11/03/nuevo-...mele-m8-v3-1-1/

I put this firmware.

ROOT is available out of the box in firmware 1.1.3.
My conclusion about the device: In my opinion, on ... I received current operatives of 768 mb and internal memory of 4 gb, with a resolution of 720!

I'll write a review soon. After a week of use - Honestly: SATISFIED!

Post has been editeddinis999 - 20.11.13, 13:30

Rep: (385)
Guys, please try to watch HD channels via Torrent Stream Controller:Torrent stream controller
And that is, I have suspicions that A31 should normally show them, unlike PK3188, where everything is very unstable

Yes, it works perfectly! Even my computer sometimes tupit! True in the evening the Internet tupit (House ru) Twitch tv for example slows down on the LOW! The speed of 20 megabits!

Prefix: Mele m8
Firmware: 3.1.1
Channel: 20 mbits

Watching channels FOX HD and Megahit

Wrote a review !!!

http: //mysku com / blog / aliexpress / 22130.html

Post has been editeddinis999 - 30.01.14, 20:29

Rep: (10)
Interested in the possibility of multichannel SPDIF? I do not have an HDMI input on the receiver.

I can not help, I do not have such devices, but there is an item in the settings: What to output sound through:
PCM / Analog
-Hdmi
-AudioAUX

Passthrough (RAW)
-HMDI
-Optical (SPDIF)

Such 4 points you can choose

Rep: (10)
Thank. This is enough, we will take it as soon as the Chinese finish the festival.

I photographed the settings menu, the style of the standard launcher from MELE.

A photo
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

CWM for TVBox MeLE Allwinner A31

http://androidpc.es/blog/2014/02/04/cwm-para-tvbox-mele-allwinner-a31/

Attached Image

Just today discovered the built MICROPHONE!

Rep: (9)
People help decide what to take!
After a long and painful study of forums and various sites I chose consoles on the A31 chip.
The choice is now not big or M8 or M9.
As I understand the difference between them in RAM and internal memory.
How does 1GB of RAM affect the work?

If you like a lot of applications in the background, then m8 will not work for you. The firmware is still almost one and also that there is no special difference between the two.

If you like movies, look for real FullHD!

Rep: (6)
Rgren @ 11.02.2014, 20:03*
If you like movies, look for real FullHD!

Where are such conclusions taken? Today came the first thing and drove the test page. 1080p !!! One kind of Chinese red player does not know how. The rest draw pixel rows reliably, both vertical and horizontal. While there is a debriefing, but I can definitely say: the apparatus is powerful. If you do not know how to check it, ask, do not create ad-libs, many take it for truth.

Post has been editedsabayura - 14.02.14, 17:40

sabayura

Do not worry, I checked, downloaded the test video! On the forum laid out!

Also checked the video in 3D! Quality loses on the face!

Specify the TV model and diagonal to adequately judge. Take a screenshot of Yutba when the window is not full and see a bunch of pixels! :) This is such a gift to you!

I think I learned more in 2 months than you did in 24 hours.

I personally do not need FHD, because where I watch the video there is a maximum of 720! and very rarely 1080!

Here's a proof of difference! Smart ass! so they irritate me so much when they themselves don’t know what they write, they also blame them.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Look only at the letters of GIKNOVOSTI! Same thing in games. So the difference is visible! But of course, if there is trouble with vision, or you sit a kilometer away from TV, it's not noticeable!)
Attached Image

And this is only the program method (Described in my review on the mouse)! And if they add to the core someday - it will be awesome! We are waiting for Alviner to give the source for 1080! In the meantime, this is probably the maximum!

Post has been edited-SunLion- - 15.01.15, 14:29
Reason for editing: Photo under spoiler

Rep: (6)
It is generally that nonsense was? What is the meaning of evidence? And evidence of what? That 2 months made you smarter? I doubt it.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/12/19, 20:04