Dell Venue 11 Pro - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows 8.1 / FullHD 10.8 ''
-
How do you feel about installing AndroidOS on your device?
It would be great to have 2 OSI in one device! [ 146 ] ** [44,65%]
What for? This is a waste of memory. Android on the tablet is a toy. [ 181 ] ** [55,35%]
How many original accessories do you have?
Bought all [ 23 ] ** [7,03%]
2-4 [ 93 ] ** [28,44%]
Enough stylus [ 10 ] ** [3,06%]
All you need is a keyboard. [ 113 ] ** [34,56%]
I have enough of China [ 20 ] ** [6,12%]
I do not use accessories [ 68 ] ** [20,8%]
Do you use a hardware keyboard?
Bought Mobile - version [ 159 ] ** [48,62%]
I bought a Slim version [ 52 ] ** [15,9%]
Grabs and chinese keyboard [ 33 ] ** [10,09%]
I do not see in her need [ 83 ] ** [25,38%]
Total votes: 327

Rep: (53)
Dell Venue 11 Pro- Discussion
Intel Atom / Core-I / CoreM
Windows 7 | Windows 8-8.1 | Windows 10 | Windows RT and UWP applications | Ubuntu linux | Change the operating system | Search programs | Antivirus | Ambulance laptop owners | IT smoker

Device specifications, photos, reviews
Atom Series (5130)
Specifications
System
Digit capacity: 32 bits

Process
Name: IntelВ® Atom в„ў Z3770
Number of cores / threads: 4
Frequency: 1.46 GHz

Video processor
Name: Intel HD Graphics Gen7
Frequency: 311 - 667 MHz
DirectX support: 11.1

RAM
Volume: 2 GB
Type: built-in, 1,333 MHz
The presence of memory expansion slots: no

Drives
Internal: eMMC 64 GB
External: microSD (SD, SDXC, SDHC, support up to 128 GB)

Screen
Dimensions: 10.8 "Full HD (1920 x 1080)
Screen Type: IPS
Touch screen: capacitive, multi-touch up to 10 touches
Stylus support: Synaptics

Wireless connection
Wi-Fi / Bluetooth: Dell Wireless 1538 802.11 a / g / n (dual-band, built-in Bluetooth 4.0)
Mobile: Dell Wireless 5570E (3G / HSPA +)

Camera
Rear camera: 8M
Front camera: 2M

Sound
Built-in speakers: yes, stereo
Built-in microphone: yes, with two-fold adaptive noise cancellation

Dimensions
Thickness: 10.2 mm
Width: 176.8 mm
Length: 297.7 mm

Weight
From 764 g

Other:
Automatic screen orientation: yes
Sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, light sensor
- NFC
- full-sized USB 3.0 port
- combo headphone and microphone jack
- mini-HDMI connector
- keyboard / dock connector
Battery: 32 Wh, replaceable, 24 W power adapter (microUSB)
A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Reviews

Core-I Series (7130/7139)
Specifications
System
Digit capacity: 32/64 bits

CPU
Name: IntelВ® Core в„ў i3 4020Y / IntelВ® Core в„ў i5 4210Y / IntelВ® Core в„ў i5 4300Y
Number of cores / threads: 2
Frequency: 1.5 GHz / 1.5 GHz / 1.6 GHz

Video processor
Name: Intel HD Graphics 4200
Frequency: 200 - 850

RAM
Volume: 4/8 GB
Type: built-in, DDR3 1600 MHz, dual-channel

Drives
Internal: SSD 128/256 GB (M2), replaceable

Screen
Dimensions: 10.8 "IPS, Full HD (1920 x 1080)

Wireless connection
Wi-Fi / Bluetooth: Dell Wireless 1537 802.11n (Qualcomm Atheros QCSNFA282) / IntelВ® 7260AC 802.11 ac (dual-band, integrated Bluetooth 4.0), replaceable
Mobile: Dell Wireless 5570E (3G / HSPA +), replaceable

Camera

Sound
Built-in microphone: yes, with 4x adaptive noise cancellation

Dimensions
Thickness: 12.2 mm
Width: 176.8 mm
Length: 297.7 mm

Weight
From 797 g (7130)
From 835 g (7139)

Other:
- NFC
- mini-HDMI connector
Battery: 37 Wh, replaceable, 24 W power adapter (microUSB)
A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached ImageAttached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Reviews

CoreM Series (7140)
Specifications
System
Digit capacity: 32/64 bits

CPU
Name: IntelВ® Core в„ў M-5Y10C
Number of cores / threads: 2
Frequency: 2.0 GHz

Video processor
Name: Intel HD Graphics 5300
Frequency: 100 - 900 MHz

RAM
Volume: 4/8 GB
Type: built-in, DDR3 1600 MHz, dual-channel

Drives
Internal: SSD 64/128/256 GB (M2), replaceable

Screen
Dimensions: 10.8 "IPS, Full HD (1920 x 1080)

Wireless connection
Wi-Fi / Bluetooth: IntelВ® 7265 (dual-band, integrated Bluetooth 4.0)
Mobile: Dell Wireless 5810e Mobile Broadband (LTE / HSPA +)

Camera

Sound
Built-in microphone: yes, with 4x adaptive noise cancellation

Dimensions
Thickness: 10.8 mm
Width: 176 mm
Length: 280 mm

Weight
From 727 g

Other:
- NFC
- micro HDMI connector
- slot for Micro-SIM-card
Battery: 38 Wh, replaceable, 24 W power adapter (microUSB)
A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Reviews

Accessories
Keyboard Dell Tablet Keyboard - Mobile
Complete your Venue 11 Pro with a full-sized keyboard with a touchpad and an integrated high-capacity battery.
Attached Image

Keyboard Dell Tablet Keyboard - Slim
Lightweight full-size keyboard with comfortable key travel. Connects to magnetic connectors.
Attached Image

Dell Tablet Dock
The ability to quickly connect to the network, two monitors and peripherals.
Attached Image

Dell Active Stylus Stylus
Sign documents by hand, take notes and sketches with the Dell Active Stylus stylus.
Attached Image

Dell Folio Case
Custom photo selection
Attached Image

Drivers and BIOS
How to install the driver, you can read below, in the "Instructions". Links are given only to the main drivers, the rest you can download by clicking on the "Official driver page" in the section of your device
Atom Series
Core-I Series
CoreM Series

Instructions
Performance, heavy software and games

Polls archive
Attached Image

Attached Image

Change history topic caps
16.05.2018 In the section "User guides, problem solving, etc.", a bug solution with flickering animation when the screen is rotated is added.
28.01.2018 The contents of the cap are slightly corrected. The links to the files in the guides were updated, the links to the drivers were also updated.
26.03.2017 Added a guide to solving the problem of disabling the tablet when folding the keyboard from bubbleman to the section "User guides, problem solving, etc."
23.03.2017 In the section "User Guides, Problem Solving, etc.", the Windows build with embedded drivers and updates from john.doe has been updated
28.01.2017 Added Windows build with embedded drivers and updates from SVR_Vovka to the section "User guides, problem solving, etc."
28.08.2016 A new FAQ appeared in the thread! In this regard, in the header, some links have been deleted or moved. Guides about installing Windows, Android, disabling throttling and the FAQ itself are given to the general design, like in the header. Gradually, many questions will be transferred to the FAQ. In the instructions for the posts icons added to facilitate the search for the necessary information.
27.08.2016 Updated post "All about ANDROID OS on DELL devices", made the final version of the guide. New polls in the topic. Old polls moved to archive.
09.08.2016 Added an Android OS installation guide to the "Instructions" section (for now, a test version). Windows 10 Installation Guide updated: added sections with customization and useful settings.
04.08.2016 Added Windows build with embedded drivers (7130/7139) from john.doe to the section "User Guides, Problem Solving, etc."
29.05.2016 Added a guide to improve cooling in the "Instructions" section.
26.03.2016 Changed spoiler with description of devices, added link to guide with OS installation, changed instructions: all manipulations with throttling in one post, guide completely redesigned (added TDP unlock methods). Updated driver catalog. Slightly simplified and cleaned the top of the topic.
22.03.2016 The first global update caps

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 19.03.19, 17:46
Reason for editing: modification of the cooling system from SeriousX

Rep: (20)
Or can someone from 7139 owners (who with a card reader and fingerprint scanner) take high-quality and detailed photos of this particular place (upper right quarter) with the back cover removed? It’s just that in 7130 with the deceased motherboard it is necessary to put the motherboard (with 8GB) from 7139 and a card reader ...
It is not yet clear how the card reader is attached to the motherboard.
Thank you in advance.

Rep: (51)
AlexSt_66 @ 03/10/19, 8:29 PM*

Screw in the center. If photos without disassembly are enough for you, then I'll do a little later. I do not want to unwind again.

Rimidal @ 03/10/19, 18:37*
If photos without disassembly are enough for you, then I’ll do a little later

Well, at least there will be something from which it will be possible to push off. If not hard ...
Here is the reader itself (screen shot):
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedAlexSt_66 - 10.03.19, 16:46

* AlexSt_66 ,
Photos from mobile
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

SeriousX @ 03/10/19, 7:59*
The second question .. I looked at inter reviews before buying and there were no smart cards reader there. And under the cover was available SSD module and radio module. I don’t have them under the cover, in place of the SSD is a reader chip, and in the slot I see a plug with a radio module. SSD is not observed. But according to the model in Hades, he is definitely removable. Who faced such a model? I want to give up on 512GB and how to disassemble it?
The answer to this is also in the photos above. SSD under SmartCard reader. Unscrew the three screws and access to it appears.

Yeah, thank you HUGE!
And where does the flat cable from the second connector of the frame reader go? On the fingerprint scanner? In the penultimate photo, does the left (in the photo) flat cable go to the connector on the metal door (which is visible at the top right)?

AlexSt_66 @ 03/10/19, 9:11 p.m.*
And where does the flat cable from the second connector of the frame reader go?

Both loops from the reader go under the plastic. To see, you need to remove the back cover. I will not do this on purpose. If you have to take it off before you figure it out yourself (which is unlikely), I’ll take another photo. But maybe someone from the owners of this version will respond.

Rep: (0)
AlexSt_66 @ 03/10/19, 19:29*
Or can someone from 7139 owners (who with a card reader and fingerprint scanner) take high-quality and detailed photos of this particular place (upper right quarter) with the back cover removed? It’s just that in 7130 with the deceased motherboard it is necessary to put the motherboard (with 8GB) from 7139 and a card reader ...
Thank you in advance.

I put the motherboard 7139 in the case 7130. There are some nuances, you have to modify something with a file. The white vertical connector for the fingerprint sensor cable is located to the right of the SSD, it will have to be unsoldered or broken, it does not fit in the case from 7130, there is no thickening on the case, or cut the plastic of the case above it. The aluminum washer for the screw that secures the case, which is located immediately to the left of the Wi-Fi card connector, on the motherboard from 7139 is higher than 7130, which significantly interferes with the assembly of the case; Otherwise, full compatibility. The card reader is completely on the cables and screws, completely removed does not interfere with the installation in 7130, as far as I remember, more precisely the connectors of its cables.

Rep: (56)
SeriousX @ 03/10/19, 15:59*
I like that.

This is the standard set of dozens installed on an empty disk. I also have. Demolished all partitions and put on a blank disk.
Attached Image

Rep: (174)
Thanks again to everyone! Demolished everything, uploaded 10ku again. Thank you very much for the photo without a card reader, otherwise I was already upset that I would have to half to get to ssd.
I'm trying to install Android with the second axis. But it doesn’t work out. More precisely, such problems
: RemixOS for some reason starts in Legacy as a LiveCD, in Uefi you can install. After installation, if you immediately agree to start - Everything is ok.
Then I go out to Windows - I move the android from the folder to the root of the disk as said - that's all. The endless Android logo is blinking, not loading. I don’t understand what’s the matter.

Even in android, the touchscreen for some reason does not work. Mouse control only.

In all the reviews on these tablets, they said that their sound is full of guano. But it was worth setting up DELL Sound and the sound became very much even for a tablet. /
Configured like this:
Bass - 80
Top - 30
Stereo - 30

Post has been editedSeriousX - 10.03.19, 23:00

Rep: (56)
SeriousX @ 03/11/19, 01:55*
Even in android, the touchscreen for some reason does not work.

I have Phoenix 2.2.1 installed viarEFInd, The touch works in it.

Sorry colleagues, if something repeats .. But it’s difficult to look if you don’t know how to formulate it when the problem is not clear ..

When a tablet with bare Windows - it works well enough. But after installing some kind of driver - it starts to “skip measures” roughly speaking. That is, if music plays in the background - it plays normally, but at the same time, the screen (touch screen, screen drawing, mouse and touchpad cursor, keyboard input) hangs for 3-4 seconds with a fairly frequent periodicity.
Now I watched the series and the touch disappeared completely. That is, everything works perfectly from the keyboard with the touchpad, the system does not hang, but the screen does not respond to touch. Is there a driver on the touchscreen? What is he called by DELL?
There was some strange driver Dell virtual buttons is not clear what it is for.

In general, I have not figured out the drivers yet)

Is it worth turning on swapping on an SSD with 4GB of RAM or not? I’ll go read a hat

SeriousX @ 03/11/19, 09:08*
Is it worth turning on swapping on an SSD with 4GB of RAM or not?

You should not touch the swap at all.

Rep: (805)
* SeriousX,
And where and how did you install the drivers in general? Dell is pretty specific with its drivers. Initially, it makes sense, after a clean installation of Windows, through the native dell update utility, immediately put all the firewood, then through the same utility check for updates and install them. And after that, already look for the presence / absence of problems.

* mr_enic
This is a very vague answer.
By default in the Indus, it seems like it is "at the choice of the system."
Dynamic paging is not the best option. Better to do a static size.
So, is it better to remove it completely or turn it on?

By Intel IME drivers (Intel Management Engine) Can anyone tell me What are needed on the Dell website as many as 5 options. I put them from there, It seems normal and Driver and Console. But a bunch of unidentified devices remained. Then I told them to upgrade from the extracted Deploy Pack and there was Intel IME and a bunch of obscure devices on which there was no firewood on the support site (about 8 pieces)

Do i still need Intel Rapid Storage? I still can’t understand what he is doing)

* Dmitryus,
From here

Way in yourpost
The link to the entire archive of the correct firewood does not work. Is it possible to revive the link?
And as for the search for chipset drivers, on the Intel website at the request of 4300Y there are only graphic drivers.

Post has been editedSeriousX - 11.03.19, 12:39

SeriousX @ 03/11/19, 11:30*
Dynamic paging is not the best option.

Maybe on the HDD. But on the SSD does not matter.
SeriousX @ 03/11/19, 11:30*
This is a very vague answer.

A very specific answer. The last time I set up swapping manually in windows 98. Starting with win7, and even more so on SSDs, you definitely should not touch it.

Rep: (805)
SeriousX @ 03/11/19, 12:30*
By the way in your post
The link to the entire archive of the correct firewood does not work. Is it possible to revive the link?

You found a post 4 years ago :-)
In the header is a link to the Dell website with an off page with firewood. By the way, for some reason, for me, it doesn’t open a single link on their site - maybe they have problems with the server at the moment.
When it works, follow the link to get the current version of dell update. Take, just yet separately, separately, wifi firewood, if they don’t become an automatic machine during a clean installation (it depends on the adapter).
When you install the program, at the bottom of the window there will be an option - full installation of firewood. So use it. But, again, everything is better on pure Windows. And when installing Windows, there is a certain sense, by standard means when choosing a partition, delete all partitions there, Windows itself will create the necessary in the process.

* Dmitryus,
This is one of the options, it is simply indicated in the header that the autoinstaller will install all the drivers itself, but besides this, it will install unnecessary drivers (unnecessary). I would not want extra garbage) Although if there is 10mb extra .. then do not care. I will try.

* mr_enic If you have 8 + GB on your computer, then swapping is not needed at all. ssd or hdd - it will only slow down the fast car. But we have 4GB of RAM, and I think it can end pretty quickly. To do this, they include swap to stretch the amount of RAM. In general, you need to disconnect and watch .. will be enough or not
:)

And according to the pen, can someone comment on his jambs?
How I came home - I tried - it works. Then I poke - nothing. No cursor buttons do not react. Elsi to pull there sbda it seems that something on the screen sometimes twitches. Then I try again - it seems to work. and so constantly, yes or no. I found the video on YouTube is also very old - there the girl shows this jamb clearly. The pen writes sometimes does not write. In the comments, everyone complains about it.
The stylus is black with silver.

Rep: (22)
SeriousX @ 03/11/19, 14:02*
The pen writes sometimes does not write.

Silver should work. Cant on the side of the car.

Or the pressure sensor was crushed.
Check the battery and try to find a known working pen.

Post has been editedpda-chopper - 11.03.19, 18:28

Rep: (6)
* SeriousX,
No need to touch the swap. Have you decided to stretch your ssd before retirement? Then it’s better to turn on the system monitor and observe the use of swap in everyday tasks. Sorry place? Set a fixed size, approximately 80 percent of the volume that monitoring will show.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/16/19, 00:07