Dell Venue 8 Pro - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows 8.1 / 8 '' (1280x800) / Intel Atom Z3740D 1.83GHz

Rep: (58)
DiscussionDell Venue 8 Pro
PictureVenue 8 pro
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Buying and Accessories пїЅ | Firmware В»| Games
Windows 8 пїЅ | Windows 8.1 пїЅ | Windows RT | Windows 7 пїЅ | Windows xp пїЅ | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ

Attached Image

About the device
Specifications:
CPU:IntelВ® Atom в„ў Processor Z3740D (2M Cache, up to 1.83 GHz), 4 cores, 4 threads.
Graphics: IntelВ® HD Graphics
Operational memory: 2gb
Built-in memory (GB): 32 / 64gb
Screen: 8 inches, IPS, resolution 1280x800 pixels
Front camera: 1.2 MP
Main camera: 5 mp.
Bluetooth: Qualcomm Atheros AR3002 4.0 + HS Adapter
WiFi: Qualcomm Atheros AR6004 Dual-band 2x2 MIMO 802.11 a / b / g / n /
3G and 4G lte (4G is available only in the USA) is optional.
Dimensions: 216 x 130 x 9 mm
Weight: 395 gr.
Date of commencement of sales: October 18.
Price: from 300 $
Optional: Synaptics stylus support (available separately).

Photo
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

What does the letter "D" on the end of the Intel Atom 3740D processor mean?
The Intel Atom 3740D processor has support for 2GB of RAM (4GB*), DDR3L-RS memory type (LPDDR3*), the frequency is 1333MHz (1066MHz*), bandwidth 10.6GB / s (17.1GB / s*), consumes 2.2W (2W*).
(*- in parentheses are the differences from the Intel Atom 3740 processor.)

Reviews

Where to read the user manual in Russian?

Windows Experience Index
BIOS A03 (overclocked)
Attached Image
BIOS A04
Attached Image
Attached Image
BIOS A05
Attached Image

How to enter the BIOS and the test menu?

Drivers

Microsoft Software FAQ
Can I reinstall Windows 8.1 using the Russian image?
Can. For home users, only 8.1 and 8.1 Pro. Cannot change interface language - 8.1 SL (Single Language).Microsoft response.

How to reinstall Windows? What do you need?
Since our device has only one micro USB, we first need to charge it up to 50% in order to avoid sudden shutdown. Next we need an adapter with micro USB to USB, USB HUB, USB keyboard (for convenience*), USB mouse formatted in FAT32 USB Flash Drive at least 4GB with pre-downloaded drivers. Our system is installed via UEFI, respectively, the NTFS file system is not supported. To create a bootable drive, you can useWinsetupfromUSB. We connect all USB devices to the hub, hub - adapter with micro USB to USB, adapter to the tablet. Further bystandard Windows installation script, graphically. Then install the drivers (the link to the drivers is in the “About device” spoiler) they are necessary for the sensor, Wi-Fi, BT and other devices, as well as for some Windows settings.
*- if you do not have a USB keyboard at hand, you can use the iconAttached Imagespecial features enable on-screen keyboard.

How to install the Russian interface in Windows without resorting to reinstallation?

How to install Russian Microsoft Office Home & Students 2013
No reinstall
Download language packand run the language pack.
With removal and installation
Delete the installed office, enter the key onOffice site, choose the language "Russian" and download the installation package Office.Read more.

How to take a screenshot of the screen, send CTRL + ALT + DELETE and enable on-screen speaker on the device
Malfunctions
What should I do if Wi-Fi does not work when I exit Sleep?
Update BIOS to latest version (currently A08) andDrivers for Wi-Fi / BT (3.7.2.59, A04).

There are problems with the screen. The backlight works, responds to the buttons, to the touch of the screen, but there is no image or different colors of the glow occur. What to do?
There is such a problem on some devices (it turns out on what). It is solved by turning off the device and turning it on again. If it does not help, then in the off state, hold down the power button and the volume key down (you should get into the BIOS) after pressing "Esc" and continue loading Windows.

How to find nezasypayuschiy process during sleep tablet?

Does not come out of sleep
1) Wait 10 seconds after the power button.
2) Disable hibernation (command line (Administrator) powercfg -h off) and uncheck "Enable quick start (recommended)" (save space and load time for switching on and shutting down the tablet)

Useful programs
Special
Overclocking the processor and video card
Before proceeding further, we do not recommend performing it.These manipulations can damage your device!

Where can I buy parts for Dell and how to disassemble the device?
Attention!We do not recommend disassembling the device yourself. This is contrary to the warranty.Contact a Dell Service Center better..

Commands to move Windows to different modes

Windows 8.1 (Special Edition for Dell Venue 8 Pro) fromAlexFBG
Attention!The image is unofficial, ask all questions to the creator of the assembly. By clicking on the next spoiler, you confirm that you agree to use third-party software.

How to find out the serial number (Service Tag) of the device?
1) Look at the box where the tablet was packed. Example: Service Tag (S / N): XXXXXXX;
2) View on the tablet itself, if not erased (from the side);
3) Log into UEFI BIOS, tab "Main", field Service Tag 7-character code;
4) Enter the device check mode (the Service Tag will be indicated at the top of the screen). Your actions: during the UEFI BIOS check, press F12, select Diagnostic or, in the tablet off state, hold down the keys: the Start button, the volume up button and the power button;
5) Command line (Administrator), enter:
wmic bios get serialnumber

How to find out which key is installed on my device?

BIOS dependency on release date
Two images for installing Windows without a mouse / keyboard (integrated drivers for wi-fi and touchscreen)

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Post has been editedctich - 03.04.17, 22:12
Reason for editing: Two images for installing Windows without a mouse / keyboard

Rep: (5)
Windows 8.1 Russifier is just a Russian-language package (I have a windpad 110w now on Windows 8.1)

Rep: (23)
il1dan
About marketing with cores neighing from the heart. Apparently in the architecture of the computer you shary no more than I am in string theory. If only the theory leafed through

Rep: (130)
Slayerdd @ 10/27/2013, 10:17 PM*
slayerdd

Explain to the common people what is wrong.) My experience is based only on my own observation, and in simple words.
After you announced that I did not understand anything, you had to write how and what actually happens. For now, you only said that you do not know about string theory. Naturally, I did not go into details about the graphic process and so on. what for

Rep: (11)
To begin though, the speed of loading something is almost not envy of the CPU ...

Rep: (18)
Il1dan @ 10.28.2013, 02:47*
Explain to the common people what is wrong.) My experience is based only on my own observation, and in simple words.

In fact, everything inside there is very difficult. It’s not that 4 cores at 1 GHz are better than 2 cores at 2 GHz. It all depends on the tasks. If the programmer has not foreseen multithreading in his application, then the application will be spinning on one core, and transferring to other cores will cause more brakes.
There are tasks that are not parallel at all. For archiving, for example, more frequency = faster work, and the number of cores is not important. But in the browser, you can create a stream for each request to the server, so viewing one site can be performed on all cores a little bit.

Rep: (14)
Pro graphics at least know something? Is it analogous to the previous generation of Atoms?

Redcrus @ 10/30/2013, 08:51*
Pro graphics at least know something? Is it analogous to the previous generation of Atoms?

The link to the processor describes the graphics. The core and technologies are like those of the i series, but less computational units and frequencies.

Rep: (8)
Who cares, already have unboxing of this tablet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl6Dv0U6rvo

Post has been editedrokand - 30.10.13, 11:34

Rep: (1)
Here is anotheroverview

Rep: (3)
rokand @ 10/30/2013, 11:33*
Who cares, already have unboxing of this tablet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl6Dv0U6rvo

If I heard correctly, then on drive C is free of 12.3GB of 23.3GB. The rest, I guess, is reserved for backup.

Can anyone in the know, is there an infa for these antutu?

Rep: (392)
grossmeisterr, this is not an android, there are other benchmarks

There is a vidos of testing this for asus t100http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JXhKWnsXREvery decently.

I compared the san spider in general acer aspire one zg5 atom N270 gave me 1300 ms for Win7x32, and it is greyedy with a normal screw and more memory, but I'm sorry and the studio 2012 puts and collects (put on a business trip as a chance to put a chance)) , and wow something like the tanks start up. And here, just imba almost 3 times faster (z3740 - 538ms) tablet. Quad Core q9400 squeezed home computer about 200ms.

Octane on N270 - 2543, z3740 - 5600, Q9400-13770.

Post has been editedsumac - 30.10.13, 20:28

Rep: (14)
Judging by the video, Star Craft 2 goes to almost a medium settings, which is encouraging. Does anyone know, than the D version of the Atom is different from the usual?

Post has been editedRedcrus - 31.10.13, 09:40

So there seems to be pills on the families of these processes, or so far only on the traile? It would be interesting to compare it at least with 600 dragon.

Rep: (45)
grossmeisterr, here are the tests 3770 http://www.anandtech.com/show/7314/intel-b...-z3770-tested/3

Redcrus, This question has already been raised more than once. I don’t follow this branch; in fact, the D version is stripped down; they support different types of memory operative:

IntelВ® Atom в„ў Processor Z3740D
(2M Cache, up to 1.86 GHz)
DDR3L-RS 1333 maximum capacity 2 Gb
Bandwidth 10.6 GB / s
1 memory channel

IntelВ® Atom в„ў Processor Z3740
(2M Cache, up to 1.86 GHz)
LPDDR3-1066 maximum capacity 4 Gb
Bandwidth 17.1 GB / s
2 memory channels

LPDDR3 Greater memory density, improved energy efficiency. Like so.

For some reason, the graphics frequency is a little different) I didn’t go into it)

Post has been editedBANDERAS90 - 31.10.13, 11:40

The site says so in contrast to the Z3740, the Z3740D only offers a single-channel memory controller and a lower display resolution.

About already writtenhttp://testlabs.kz/processors/1275-baytrai...atom-z3000.html

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/28/19 20:32