Dell Venue 8 Pro - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows 8.1 / 8 '' (1280x800) / Intel Atom Z3740D 1.83GHz

Rep: (58)
DiscussionDell Venue 8 Pro
PictureVenue 8 pro
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Buying and Accessories пїЅ | Firmware В»| Games
Windows 8 пїЅ | Windows 8.1 пїЅ | Windows RT | Windows 7 пїЅ | Windows xp пїЅ | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ

Attached Image

About the device
Specifications:
CPU:IntelВ® Atom в„ў Processor Z3740D (2M Cache, up to 1.83 GHz), 4 cores, 4 threads.
Graphics: IntelВ® HD Graphics
Operational memory: 2gb
Built-in memory (GB): 32 / 64gb
Screen: 8 inches, IPS, resolution 1280x800 pixels
Front camera: 1.2 MP
Main camera: 5 mp.
Bluetooth: Qualcomm Atheros AR3002 4.0 + HS Adapter
WiFi: Qualcomm Atheros AR6004 Dual-band 2x2 MIMO 802.11 a / b / g / n /
3G and 4G lte (4G is available only in the USA) is optional.
Dimensions: 216 x 130 x 9 mm
Weight: 395 gr.
Date of commencement of sales: October 18.
Price: from 300 $
Optional: Synaptics stylus support (available separately).

Photo
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

What does the letter "D" on the end of the Intel Atom 3740D processor mean?
The Intel Atom 3740D processor has support for 2GB of RAM (4GB*), DDR3L-RS memory type (LPDDR3*), the frequency is 1333MHz (1066MHz*), bandwidth 10.6GB / s (17.1GB / s*), consumes 2.2W (2W*).
(*- in parentheses are the differences from the Intel Atom 3740 processor.)

Reviews

Where to read the user manual in Russian?

Windows Experience Index
BIOS A03 (overclocked)
Attached Image
BIOS A04
Attached Image
Attached Image
BIOS A05
Attached Image

How to enter the BIOS and the test menu?

Drivers

Microsoft Software FAQ
Can I reinstall Windows 8.1 using the Russian image?
Can. For home users, only 8.1 and 8.1 Pro. Cannot change interface language - 8.1 SL (Single Language).Microsoft response.

How to reinstall Windows? What do you need?
Since our device has only one micro USB, we first need to charge it up to 50% in order to avoid sudden shutdown. Next we need an adapter with micro USB to USB, USB HUB, USB keyboard (for convenience*), USB mouse formatted in FAT32 USB Flash Drive at least 4GB with pre-downloaded drivers. Our system is installed via UEFI, respectively, the NTFS file system is not supported. To create a bootable drive, you can useWinsetupfromUSB. We connect all USB devices to the hub, hub - adapter with micro USB to USB, adapter to the tablet. Further bystandard Windows installation script, graphically. Then install the drivers (the link to the drivers is in the “About device” spoiler) they are necessary for the sensor, Wi-Fi, BT and other devices, as well as for some Windows settings.
*- if you do not have a USB keyboard at hand, you can use the iconAttached Imagespecial features enable on-screen keyboard.

How to install the Russian interface in Windows without resorting to reinstallation?

How to install Russian Microsoft Office Home & Students 2013
No reinstall
Download language packand run the language pack.
With removal and installation
Delete the installed office, enter the key onOffice site, choose the language "Russian" and download the installation package Office.Read more.

How to take a screenshot of the screen, send CTRL + ALT + DELETE and enable on-screen speaker on the device
Malfunctions
What should I do if Wi-Fi does not work when I exit Sleep?
Update BIOS to latest version (currently A08) andDrivers for Wi-Fi / BT (3.7.2.59, A04).

There are problems with the screen. The backlight works, responds to the buttons, to the touch of the screen, but there is no image or different colors of the glow occur. What to do?
There is such a problem on some devices (it turns out on what). It is solved by turning off the device and turning it on again. If it does not help, then in the off state, hold down the power button and the volume key down (you should get into the BIOS) after pressing "Esc" and continue loading Windows.

How to find nezasypayuschiy process during sleep tablet?

Does not come out of sleep
1) Wait 10 seconds after the power button.
2) Disable hibernation (command line (Administrator) powercfg -h off) and uncheck "Enable quick start (recommended)" (save space and load time for switching on and shutting down the tablet)

Useful programs
Special
Overclocking the processor and video card
Before proceeding further, we do not recommend performing it.These manipulations can damage your device!

Where can I buy parts for Dell and how to disassemble the device?
Attention!We do not recommend disassembling the device yourself. This is contrary to the warranty.Contact a Dell Service Center better..

Commands to move Windows to different modes

Windows 8.1 (Special Edition for Dell Venue 8 Pro) fromAlexFBG
Attention!The image is unofficial, ask all questions to the creator of the assembly. By clicking on the next spoiler, you confirm that you agree to use third-party software.

How to find out the serial number (Service Tag) of the device?
1) Look at the box where the tablet was packed. Example: Service Tag (S / N): XXXXXXX;
2) View on the tablet itself, if not erased (from the side);
3) Log into UEFI BIOS, tab "Main", field Service Tag 7-character code;
4) Enter the device check mode (the Service Tag will be indicated at the top of the screen). Your actions: during the UEFI BIOS check, press F12, select Diagnostic or, in the tablet off state, hold down the keys: the Start button, the volume up button and the power button;
5) Command line (Administrator), enter:
wmic bios get serialnumber

How to find out which key is installed on my device?

BIOS dependency on release date
Two images for installing Windows without a mouse / keyboard (integrated drivers for wi-fi and touchscreen)

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Post has been editedctich - 03.04.17, 22:12
Reason for editing: Two images for installing Windows without a mouse / keyboard

Rep: (19)
Review times
Review two

Rep: (0)
description
http://i.dell.com/sites/doccontent/corpora...ro-brochure.pdf
site
http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/19/campaig...-tablets-dhs-us

Rep: (53)
Promotional video -: rolleyes:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH5_BFkj0gA

Guys, something I can not see the micro-HDMI is it or not? If not, then how to connect it to an external monitor or TV. By USB-adapters does not pull, the picture is lost. In my understanding, this is a universal device and it must be connected to the external screen once, twice, without any problems, or I am wrong. Otherwise, the meaning of this device is lost. Now in this regard, I use Acer W3 and very often I have to connect to an external screen for work and for me it is very important.

Post has been edited_{-_-}_ - 15.10.13, 13:52

Rep: (3)
_{-_-}_,
_{-_-}_ @ 15.10.2013, 17:15 *
We passed everything, and the USB adapters are all this bullshit of poor quality goods, well, they don’t even pull the lowest video quality even if you crack the picture begins to fall after 5 minutes of viewing. No thanks, see for yourself.

Well, you know better) Fortunately, this port does not interest me at all.

Rep: (58)
WizardWise, Acer products have always suffered from low quality, unlike Dell.

Rep: (3)
WizardWise,
I agree about the warranty, but the site states that you can attach a warranty to another region
And as always, there are some nuances.

Rep: (122)
WizardWise @ 10/20/2013, 2:16 PM*
But this does not prevent small firms to carry it before. As it was with the iphone5s .. it only recently officially started selling

Officially, it will start selling on October 25.

Rep: (1)
il1dan
Judging by the pictures, either one or 2 centimeters from each other under one protective net (which is not far from the first option!) ..

I'm thinking of buying this device.

It became interesting to what extent it is advisable to install Win 7 instead of Win 8 for this miracle ?!

P.S. I do not want to say that Win 8 is bad, I just don’t want to get involved with Metro.

Post has been editedskat1234 - 20.10.13, 15:35

Rep: (130)
Spartanez06 @ 10/20/2013, 15:04*
the rest seems to be the most common.

Yes, and the example of Lenovo is there, there is an ordinary capacitive touch screen (which is used in almost all recently released tablets), it is quite accurate, unlike resistive (old sensors), but it is not adapted for active styluses, so a regular passive stylus is used ( and his touch accuracy is worse at times + the tip is thick, that is, you definitely can’t paint it, it can be used only in ordinary cases), by the way, I’m not aware of the exact digitizer put there, MB it recognizes the force of pressing, it’s just not lot. (but it's a lie)

WizardWise,
As for the speakers, everyone saves as much as they can (and the current line of tablets still shouts, we are cheap and affordable, but how exactly they reduced the cost - you need to look out for Pts carefully))). There are two options: Dell decided that sound quality is the last thing to think about when developing 8 "inch tablets, and this happened by chance on the basis of considerations (they won’t listen from such small speakers, so why strain), or they intentionally decided to cut costs like American Airlines in the case of the first olive, only here already with holes on the case for speakers and protective nets).
In general, judging by the cost and thickness, Toshiba encore took care of the quality of the iron better than others))). (well, or this is a strange marketing xs)

Post has been editedil1dan - 20.10.13, 15:41

Skat1234 @ 10/20/2013, 15:08*
Here it became interesting, as far as the installation of Win 7 instead of Win 8 is advisable for this miracle ?!

I do not want to say that Win 8 is bad, I just don’t want to get involved with Metro.

The current wines 8 uses an OEM subscription, they sew a license to the BIOS ... so, firstly, reinstalling Windows will be tough and not advisable (most likely you will lose the license and "money"), secondly, there may be problems with the drivers (+ 7 wines are a little sharpened under the touch-screen). But this is everyone's choice.

Post has been editedil1dan - 20.10.13, 15:40

In general, judging by the cost and thickness, the Toshiba encore took care of the quality of iron Chuchut better than others)))

For me, in tablets one of the most important moments is weight and thickness, and here Toshiba did not take care of anyone (

Spartanez06 @ 10/20/2013, 15:40*
For me, in tablets one of the most important moments is weight and thickness, and here Toshiba did not take care of anyone (

Well takto da)) so it)). But there are definitely good speakers there))) ... with some kind of "Dolbi ..." And a full info will be released - it will be seen. Somehow there was already a discussion about the fact that in the encore they stuck a percent better, atom z3770 (1.5-2.4GHz), and not 3740d (1.3-1.8), which is why it is so thick and heavy, but for now this is just rumor and most likely not true.

Post has been editedil1dan - 20.10.13, 15:59

Somehow there was already a discussion about the fact that in the encore they stuck a percent better, atom z3770 (1.5-2.4GHz), and not 3740d (1.3-1.8), which is why it is so thick and heavy

IMHO, in this case, when it comes to one line, a causal relationship is better than the processor — a thicker device is missing.

The current wine 8 uses an OEM subscription, sew a license into the BIOS ... so, firstly, reinstalling Windows will be hard and not advisable (most likely you will lose the license and "money")

I'll take a note.

Spartanez06 @ 10/20/2013, 16:19*
A causal relationship is better than a processor - a thicker device is missing.

Yes, I also think so. Just on some American site was info to sell, and it was indicated percent. But I think that the percentage will be like all z3470D.

skat1234,
Do not worry! Windows will be there 8.1 and that means:
1. the start button will be in place ..
2. the ability to immediately download the desktop, bypassing the "tiles" ..

I looked at the Toshiba Encore feature and noticed an interesting little thing ->headphone x microphone combo jack.

Interestingly, does this device have it?

skat1234,
Everywhere, where one 3.5 jack mic + headphones are combined ..
and rarely 2 separate ones .. and this device is exactly one option.

those. "or either"!
combo does not mean "simultaneously" in the sense of use. This is only a technical performance.

Post has been editedWizardwise - 23.10.13, 10:21

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 12.08.19, 19:01