> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

Windows Phone 7 Software Catalog

4 pagesV  1 2 3 4 > »  

> [WP8] FBReader | reading electronic books
geometer
Message#1
25.09.13, 06:04
Old resident
[offline]

Group: Developers
Messages 940
Check in: 14.08.10

[WP8]FBReader download

Version: 1.0.0.0

Last update of the program in the header:25.09.2013

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
additional screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Description:
FBReader port for Windows Phone 8. The official announcement will be recently, but the program is already available from the Windows Phone Store.

The plans - to catch up on the possibilities android version.

Opportunities:
  • Formats - ePub, fb2, html.
  • Local library.
  • Access to popular online libraries and stores.
  • Ability to add OPDS-catalogs manually.
  • Integration with Microsoft Translator.

Homepage: http://fbreader.ru

Russian interface: Yes

Download:
Marketplace Web: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-ru/store/ap...26-8f38c703c997

Post has been editedChush - 25.09.13, 07:41
Reason for editing: edit
bigV
Message#2
25.09.13, 14:20
User
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 71
Check in: 14.03.09
Fly Spark IQ4404

Will it be at 7.8?
geometer
Message#3
25.09.13, 15:47
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 940

Will it be at 7.8?

Maybe. I still do not understand that for this you need, perhaps, only to recompile. In any case, the source will appear the other day, and enthusiasts will be able to check. ;)
bigV
Message#4
26.09.13, 10:46
User
[offline]

Messages 71
Check in: 14.03.09
Fly Spark IQ4404

Thanks for the quick response)
It has always been interesting to me, as a lawyer who is absolutely unintelligible in programming, how long it takes to convert from the format of WP8 applications to WP7.8.
vadimm375
Message#5
26.09.13, 15:21
Local
[offline]

Messages 185
Check in: 18.01.09
Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930FD

geometer

Immensely pleased with the appearance of this wonderful reader on WP. Is the brightness adjustment not implemented yet or have I not found it?
sensboston
Message#6
26.09.13, 15:32
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4593
Check in: 01.03.10
Samsung Galaxy S9 Snapdragon

Wow! "Heavy artillery" on the field of WP :) Okie-doki, went to watch ...

[update]Looked; The first impression is very good! Interesting UI solution from the menu; good speed. With the current version, TinyOPDS has a problem (due to an accidental cache reset option), but this is easily fixed (more precisely, already fixed).

There is a big request (by the way, and to the android application too; I hope, all the same will not be also firmly ignored!): Please do:
- in WP8 application navigation: the ability to go to the main "panorama" of the program, without going through the entire navigation stack!
- in the navigation on the OPDS-directory (for WP8 and Android): the ability to go to the main page (activity or page), without passing the entire stack! And the ability to move to the root OPDS directory. For Android, you have to leave the reading room, for WP8 it doesn't work at all.

Thank you very much!

[update2]
There are also wishes (more precisely, a bug report): use HTTP base auth (if enabled, that is, 401 code is received) also:
- at discover of a new catalog;
- when requesting pictures from the site.

Post has been editedsensboston - 26.09.13, 17:58

--------------------
My applications for Windows Phone:
Voice translator | Silver dict | Russian TV
ivush
Message#7
29.09.13, 15:10
User
[offline]

Messages 71
Check in: 24.04.12

Congratulations on another platform. And immediately Wishlist:

• Tiles with books on the desktop.
  • DropBox.
  • Sync with an Android app via DropBox or SkyDrive.

The last wants especially strongly.

--------------------
For lying, you need two. One is lying, the other is listening.©Homer Simpson
srvr4vr
Message#8
30.09.13, 12:19
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 463
Check in: 20.05.08
Google nexus 5

Is there a developer at all? I found a bug in my selection:

https://pp.vk.me/c417422/v417422753/8736/IylbY8jk9wY.jpg

The bug is observed only in a horizontal position.

Post has been editedsrvr4vr - 30.09.13, 12:25

--------------------
Omnes una manet nox- "all waiting for one night"Cicero
geometer
Message#9
30.09.13, 22:03
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 940

Thank you all for the comments. At the office. site finally appearedAnnouncement with a short story about the history of the program. ;) At the same time appeared, as on other platforms,source access.

About basic auth very good observation, recorded immediately in the short list. The rest will also look, I do not promise that very, very quickly.
geometer
Message#10
30.09.13, 22:19
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 940

vadimm375 @ 09/26/2013, 12:21*
Is the brightness adjustment not implemented yet or have I not found it?

As far as I know, not yet.

Posted 09/30/2013 22:18:

sensboston @ 09/26/2013, 12:32*
in the OPDS directory navigation (for WP8 and Android): the ability to go to the main page (activity or page), without passing the entire stack!

Suggest UI? I have nothing against the idea, but how can I make it so that there is no foreign insert?

Posted 09/30/2013 22:18:

Sync with an Android app via DropBox or SkyDrive.

The last wants especially strongly.

Who would know how I want it. ;)

Posted on 09/30/2013, 10:19 PM:

Bagu found himself with a selection

Thank you, especially for the screenshot in which everything is clear. Will watch.
sensboston
Message#11
01.10.13, 01:22
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4593

geometer @ 09/30/2013, 15:19*
Suggest UI? I have nothing against the idea, but how can I make it so that there is no foreign insert?

I suggest:
- for the OPDS catalog, add buttons (in the Android menu, and in the WP appbar):
1) "Root" (or "Home") - to go to the root directory;
2) "Library" (or "Net. Library") - to return to the list of directories (Android), or the main panorama (WP);

It would also be great to memorize (for each directory) the current position (but if a book is selected, then up one level), and when you open the directory again, go to it.

P.S. Yes, and there is one more request (in connection with TinyOPDS): for WebRequest, you can define the additional header "AcceptFB2" = true? (now I define it by useragent-android FBReader; under WP I cannot change it, AFAIK, but I (TinyOPDS) really want to know if the fb2 reader processes it).
Everybody thinks how to bring this issue up for discussion by the authors of all top readers, and to make such a title standard for readers ... (the epub is, of course, good, but fb2 is better).

Post has been editedsensboston - 01.10.13, 01:27

--------------------
chez66
Message#12
04.10.13, 08:56
User
[offline]

Messages 79
Check in: 23.05.13
Honor 4C CHM-U01

Good day!
Can someone tell me how to be if the reader does not find the book? I just really want to read it, but when I search from the Sd card I write an error and send it does not help: help: Thank you in advance for the answer.

Post has been editedchez66 - 04.10.13, 09:18
Livtrasir
Message#13
04.10.13, 13:17
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 24
Check in: 25.01.12
Huawei Ascend W1

The interface really would not hurt. And the day before yesterday he stepped on a rake: before that, a dozen or so books were flooded, and I decided to remove what I had just read. I go to the library, I find it at the very end of the list, I press as usual for deletion. And a bummer: the menu does not fit completely into the screen, and therefore it is impossible to select the corresponding item in it.
srvr4vr
Message#14
04.10.13, 19:33
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 463
Check in: 20.05.08
Google nexus 5

I also found a couple of bugs, if I roll up while reading, and forget about it, then at reversal there is an endless renewal, and close it in any way, does not respond to the back button. Only phone reboot.
Even occasionally when flipping through if the stroke was short, the page simply remains half-fingered, on the floor of the screen.

Still it would be cool in landscape mode to flip through not with a stroke, but across, with a thumb would be convenient from the bottom up.

--------------------
Omnes una manet nox- "all waiting for one night"Cicero
geometer
Message#15
05.10.13, 22:54
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 940

for WebRequest, you can define the additional header "AcceptFB2" = true? (now I define by useragent-android FBReader; under WP I cannot change it, AFAIK, but I (TinyOPDS) really want to know if the fb2 reader processes it).
Everybody thinks how to bring this issue up for discussion by the authors of all top readers, and to make such a title standard for readers ... (the epub is, of course, good, but fb2 is better).

Hmm. That is, if you do, then it’s rather something like "SupportedEbookFormats: fb2, ePub, xxx", this is somehow more symmetrical.

But is this important server side? It would seem that give yourself all that is, and the reader herself decides that she knows how to show better? Or can there be fb2 relatives, and ePub auto-generated?

By the way, here's an idea for another solution: if the catalog will give several links to books, but write something extra like "priority =<number>", then we can agree with the reader (with FBReader, for sure), so that she chooses the option with the highest priority of those that can read.

Perhaps, with the priority option, I would even try to persuade the OPDS authors to include this in the standard if they do not yet have a ready-made solution. They will definitely disagree with the option with a cheder, there are very purist-minded guys. :)

Update: I wrote to the OPDS author if there is a ready-made solution.

Post has been editedgeometer - 05.10.13, 23:21
sensboston
Message#16
06.10.13, 02:15
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4593

geometer, OPDS developers are unlikely to agree to support a format other than epub. FB2, they don’t see “point blank” (I still can’t forgive Dima Gribov for having passed (there must be another word) the future of FB2 format!) Regarding the readers, not all developers are as advanced as you are (of course, TinyOPDS was tested primarily on FBReader, this is my main reader); many "eat" the first link to the file, some - drop with multiple links; in short, the confusion is still that.

The OPDS standard HTTP headers do not need to be included - this is out of scope. It would be nice to agree on and develop a standard for all developers of readers / servers. In principle, the option withSupportedEbookFormats: fb2, ePub, xxxnot very bad The main thing is that everyone uses it :)

P.S. I hope that wishes about navigation in OPDS will not fall into / dev / null or "long box" - well, really it is necessary, and not only for me ... I already wrote on a githaba.

P.P.S. You did do wide fields (1 minute work there), however, after half a year of my requests: D

--------------------
geometer
Message#17
06.10.13, 03:16
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 940

sensboston @ 10/05/2013, 23:15*
OPDS developers are unlikely to agree to support a format other than epub. FB2-they do not see "point-blank"

Well, not quite, they know about its existence. And most importantly - they know about the existence of pdf and mobi, so you can not talk diplomatically about fb2 in a conversation with them. ;)

sensboston @ 10/05/2013, 23:15*
P.S. I hope that wishes about navigation in OPDS will not fall into / dev / null or "long box" - well, really it is necessary, and not only for me ... I already wrote on a githaba.

P.P.S. You did do wide fields (1 minute work there), however, after half a year of my requests

Not from the evil I am. :) It's not often that I have time to work with a fbrider, and the list of "urgent" members is huge. And you also need to revise someone else's code before release. (I have been doing it in the evenings for 3 weeks already.) I remember about navigation.
sensboston
Message#18
06.10.13, 04:28
Guru
[offline]

Messages 4593

Yes, I understand - the developer himself :) Simply, when I set priorities for myself, very simple Wishlist get the highest priority - it's easy for me to make, and it's nice for a person :)

At the expense of OPDS - yes, they know. But will they want it? Again, considering that money (to my surprise) so far no one seriously “pours in”, OPDS is still a “semi-amateur” standard (far from ISO), far from modern realities (to my deep regret) .

--------------------
Livtrasir
Message#19
20.10.13, 15:26
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 24
Check in: 25.01.12
Huawei Ascend W1

I would like to see the necessary and useful thing in the program. Namely - when adding books from a flash drive, do not scan it all and then issue a full list of fb2 or epub, and the opportunity to wander through the catalogs and choose from them. In Coffee Reader and Tukan Reader, this is done. Just when there are a hundred files on a flash drive, it becomes difficult to figure out what and in what order to read. And it becomes so much simpler: they are all laid out in the right order (for me, for example, the author \ series \ number in the series_name, something like SDCARD \ Books \ Bushkov \ Svarog \ 05_On that side of ice.fb2 :) - and no confusion . Everything is sorted and everything is clear.
geometer
Message#20
26.10.13, 02:45
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 940

Here a rather unpleasant story happened:http://fbreader.ru/content/fbreader-for-wi...hone-available. Now we understand, claims, as far as possible to judge, fair. The code for WP was written outside our (and personally my, in particular) control, but nonetheless I apologizevleschenkoand everything else. Anyway, FBReader for WP will return in a short time, well, it will be even better (especially since outdated pieces of code were borrowed, so there is something to improve).
geometer
Message#21
02.11.13, 02:04
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 940

In short, the crisis was resolved, FBReader is back in the store. Soon there will be the first bugfix release. Some details are here:http://fbreader.ru/content/fbreader-window...published-again

4 pagesV  1 2 3 4 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04.29.19, 06:28