95 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Microsoft Surface Pro 2 - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows OS, Tablet / 10.6 "/ Intel Core i5 Haswell / 4 / 8GB
gr-e
Message#1
24.09.13, 18:06
Experienced
[offline]

Group: Curators
Messages 497
Check in: 03.12.11
Google nexus 5

Surface Pro 2 - Discussion | Surface Pro 2 - Purchase and Accessories » | Microsoft Surface 3 » | Microsoft Surface Pro 3 » | Surface RT » | Surface pro » | Surface 2 »

Attached Image

Specs
Microsoft began to use the new processor when assembling the Surface Pro 2 tablet
The devices presented on October 22, 2013 were performed on an Intel i5-4200U 1.6GHz processor, after only two months, the new Surface Pro 2 batches are already being released based on Intel i5-4300U 1.9GHz.
Microsoft representatives confirmed in an interview for The Verge that the processor had been changed and explained this with the usual optimization of the system components.
A source | Comparison processors on cpuboss.com

Attached Image
Operating system:Windows 8.1
CPU:Intel Core i5-4200U / 4300U Haswell
Graphics processor:Intel HD 4400
RAM capacity:4 GB or 8 GB DDR3-1600
Screen:TFT IPS, 10.6 ", 1920x1080, 208 PPI, without air gap, multitouch with up to 10 touch points
Memory:64/128 GB of internal memory for models with 4 GB of RAM, 256/512 GB for models with 8 GB of RAM, support for microSD memory cards
Camera:Two cameras of 1.2 MP, 720p, without autofocus, with activity indicators
Sound:Dolby stereo speakers
Sensors:Accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, light sensor
Wireless connection:Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi 802.11a, b, g, n, Miracast
Battery:42 Wh (5676 mAh), 7.4 V
Dimensions (LxWxD):274.6 x 172 x 13.4 mm, weight 907 g
Connectors:USB 3.0 (USB host), mini DisplayPort, 3.5 mm mini-jack, magnetic keyboard and charging connectors
Other:Folding stand is fixed in two positions: 55 В° and 22 В°
Official accessories
Utility
Remix OS 3 installation without keyboard
Solving the problem with sticking keys on Type Cover 2
The process of disassembling the tablet on iFixit
Rozetked overview
Review from hi-tech.mail.ru
Description of the purchase process from the user Luna_tiq
Review from user doberman_dsl + buying process
Surface Pro 2 gaming features. More testshere.
Performance comparison
Attached Image

Work time comparison
Video playback at 65% brightness with WiFi on:
Attached Image

AppFeds - browsing the Windows Store, tracking application discounts, viewing statistics.
Windows Compatibility Center.
Official page

Не забываем использовать поиск и читать шапку! download

Post has been editedgr-e - 16.09.16, 21:33
Reason for editing: Installing Remix OS
nmt
Message#22
22.10.13, 21:20
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 26
Check in: 17.05.07

Thanks, already figured it out.
I bought this device 256 GB with type 2 black. Tomorrow promised to bring. 512 GB decided not to wait 2-4 weeks.
mkpy
Message#23
25.10.13, 22:02
Guru
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 5283
Check in: 23.05.11

That dream came true idiot (trying to joke), a friend flew in and I took my unit to 128GB. I did not see the first version about live, there was only a version of RT, but I think that they are one on one. The screen is bright, the viewing angles both vertically and horizontally are excellent. The only thing after Slate PC is that everything is very shallow and it strains, setting the slider to the maximum does not give the desired effect, and the user settings of the elements for some unknown reason are missing or this business is now hidden somewhere. I will sort this out. Sadly. They brought only a tablet, so having spent a lot of time today I found and bought car chargers, it goes like charging for Surface RT, Touch keyboard, also for the first versions, a film on the screen, also for RT and a mini DP-HDMI adapter. Everything fits perfectly and works. The stylus did not get it, took it from the slate, it works. A two-position stand is an order of magnitude better than a single position. Already for this alone, you can change the first to the second (albeit with a share of jokes, or vice versa)
The processor costs Core i5-4200U, 95.6GB free space. The sound is loud, on RT there was nothing at all. Here's a box
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

With the size of the desktop icons everything is decided. I remembered that on 7-ke the size could be changed via CTRL + mouse wheel. Connect a mouse and make them the right size. Now everything is fine.
Yes, and also, for orientation. Undertook in France, in Paris, this version (128GB) without a keyboard costs 979 euros.

Post has been editedmkpy - 25.10.13, 23:26
Tfx87
Message#24
26.10.13, 13:24
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 27
Check in: 23.07.13
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300

And how is it for retouching and photo processing? I first want to take it for this purpose ... are there photographers or retouchers here with a tablet? The experience of these people would find out))
mkpy
Message#25
26.10.13, 14:03
Guru
[offline]

Messages 5283

Like so. Of course I didn’t run any bespontovyh synthetic tests, just the usual use. Everything from the idea, the embodiment, the quality of the embodiment on a solid "5". For half a day of using the fans have not yet heard, the tablet heats up, but not hot. Touch responds perfectly, Wi-Fi picks up immediately and does not fall off, connected at home to the router, in the car to the Wi-Fi modem Yota and in the cafe. There were no glitches in desktop IE (in Slate PC, after upgrading to 8.1, desktop IE is a continuous glitch). On the street, the screen reads perfectly. In short, the very device "5" of "5". But there is one big "BUT" in the form of Microsoft stuck with its devil-may-care attitude to users in the middle of the last century. And this "BUT" is the screen resolution. Who of the clowns got the idea to do on a tablet with a desktop, a screen 10.6 "I don’t know the resolution of Full HD, but what was the motivation for me to never understand. For those who use tiles, this is not essential, but this version is not RT, but Pro. And I think I’m not mistaken that almost everyone who uses a full-fledged Windows, use the desktop. Someone more, some less, I practically only use the desktop, and the lack of scaling to the screen, except for profanity, does not cause anything. No attempt to resize gives anything to freak ugliness. And not only that, if you change the icon, then when you open the application, everything is there that it’s impossible to use. It’s possible to make the tablet workable on the desktop only by seriously reducing the resolution, which, by technical matters, is obvious insanity. MS rating is pure “2.” And once again I made sure that the 2 positions of the stand are an order of magnitude better and more convenient than one. I don’t know what the comparison is with the 1st, but if you want a good, high-quality and convenient tablet on Windows, then Microsoft Surface Pro 2 is exactly what you need. There are no analogues to it and I think it will not be from any manufacturer. They will be more powerful, more sophisticated and so on. but no better.
Yes, the cameras, both, without any frills, but the photos, with normal lighting, make very decent ones.
and277
Message#26
26.10.13, 19:07
Local
[online]

Messages 137
Check in: 22.06.13
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915F

mkpy,so I do not see the point in changing my surf surf pro ... They're not looking for good from the good.

--------------------
nokia c1-02 // htc one // htc J butterfly // sony z ultra // Nexus 6 // Microsoft Surface Pro 128G // Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915F
wertigos
Message#27
28.10.13, 08:21
Local
[online]

Messages 315
Check in: 13.07.10
Lenovo A7010

mkpy @ 10.26.2013, 17:03*
and the lack of scaling under the screen, except as profanity does not cause anything. No attempt to resize gives anything except deformity. And besides, if you change the icon, then when you open the application, everything is there that it is impossible to use.

But what about Makovody using their devices?
After all, there is even more resolution, no?

--------------------
LED66 72 "+ MK808 / TX-32LX70 + i7 5550u / HT 5.1 / Lenovo A7010 + Bobo VR Z4 / Ainol Aurora / Acer 5220 / TL-WR720N
mkpy
Message#28
28.10.13, 10:04
Guru
[offline]

Messages 5283

wertigos
Everything is simple (this is simplistic). In makovodov with changing the resolution of "everything" adapts to the screen. MS stupidly decreases with increasing resolution and vice versa.
Davydov_EN
Message#29
28.10.13, 20:50
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1726
Check in: 31.01.08
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Exynos

Request to the real owners, of which there is still not very much, as I understand it, to unsubscribe about the time of work. This is generally the only indicator for which I would change my first surfboard pro to the second. If the increase is not so big, then I think I will stay on the first. I think the surest way to check is playing full hd at full brightness, with WiFi turned on. Although there may be a more correct method.

--------------------
Nokia3110>EricssonA1018S>EricssonT10S>SiemensC35i>SiemensME45>Nokia6230i>ETenG500 +>GlofishX500>GlofishX800>Asusp750>HTCHD>HTCHD2>HTC Sensation>HTCOneX>HTCOne (M7)>HTCOne (M8)>SamsungNote4>SamsungGS6>SamsungGS7>SamsungGS7edge>SamsungGS8 +>Samsung Galaxy Note 8 + Samsung Gear S3
mkpy
Message#30
28.10.13, 21:04
Guru
[offline]

Messages 5283

Davydov_EN,
I can say that autonomy is definitely more than on the Samsung Slate PC. My friend's wife broke 4S, and I have repairmen on the top crust. Yesterday I went there and gave them to them. Repair took about 2.5 hours and all this time to do something? I sat on the Internet by connecting to a Wi-Fi modem Yota. Plus the little things. In general, for 3 hours, about 47% of the battery was consumed with the brightness set to full in the "balanced" control mode. I think 1.5-1.5 hours + he added autonomy.
Today, 2.5 hours, of which the film and the rest of the Internet via Wi-Fi, then removed and not turned off, found somewhere in 1.10-1.20 and another 30 minutes of the Internet. As a result, the remaining charge is 38%. I have been using Windows tablets with "full-fledged" processors for more than a year and a half, for me a very good result.

Post has been editedmkpy - 29.10.13, 21:39
qRock
Message#31
30.10.13, 08:27
User
[offline]

Messages 86
Check in: 16.01.11
Microsoft Surface Pro

Congratulations to the current and future owners of this miracle! From the first still delighted.

Davydov_EN @ 10/28/2013, 9:50 PM*
Request to the real owners, of which there is still not very much, as I understand it, to unsubscribe about the time of work. This is generally the only indicator for which I would change my first surfboard pro to the second. If the increase is not so big, then I think I will stay on the first. I think the surest way to check is playing full hd at full brightness, with WiFi turned on. Although there may be a more correct method.

I agree, as I understand it, 128GB surface 1 on 128 surface 2 makes no sense at all to go, why not make a version with 3G or LTE. But pleased with the appearance of accessories such as the Car Charger, Wireless Adapter for Covers and Power Cover. For the latter, no one has information? What kind of battery there will be and how it will need to be charged, weight also matters.
Spartach
Message#32
30.10.13, 09:33
One for all and all for one
[offline]

Messages 839
Check in: 04.05.06
Apple iPhone Xs

qRock, I'm also waiting for the LTE / 3G version, but I understand perfectly well what is the reason for its absence at the moment, the bet was made on pre-order regardless of location, there would be trouble with LTE.
AVALON2006
Message#33
30.10.13, 09:48
Novice
[offline]

Messages 36
Check in: 22.08.11

Is there any way to find out when buying a tablet for which country it was intended?

Post has been editedAVALON2006 - 30.10.13, 09:48
mkpy
Message#34
30.10.13, 12:09
Guru
[offline]

Messages 5283

AVALON2006 @ 10/30/2013, 10:48*
Is there any way to find out when buying a tablet for which country it was intended?

On the European box there is a Eurotest sign and a sign with a list of countries.
Attached Image

qRock @ 10/30/2013, 09:27*
as I understand from 128GB surface 1 to 128 surface 2, there is no point in switching at all

If autonomy and convenience (stand) is not fundamental, then there is no sense. Also, it makes no sense to switch to the second version with a large amount of disk and memory. If you do not constantly use programs depending on the number of operating systems (graphic editors and the like), then because of 8 gigabytes of memory, there is no sense in switching either.

Post has been editedmkpy - 30.10.13, 12:15
doberman_dsl
Message#35
01.11.13, 18:08
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 501
Check in: 31.08.06
Xiaomi Mi Note

Well, today the courier brought a long-awaited package. Surface Pro 2 256Gb. Everything is packed cool, no scratches even on the box, carefully carried)
The intermediary came to the warehouse on the 26th, the 1st was already handed to me, very quickly.
The impressions of the device are very positive, everything is done very competently, efficiently. A sort of solid piece of aluminum. Looks solid, collected tightly. Very pleased with the pen, exactly and convenient to use it.
Solid positive emotions.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editeddoberman_dsl - 01.11.13, 18:11

--------------------
Xiaomi Mi Note 64Gb MoKee Android 9.0
Tfx87
Message#36
02.11.13, 00:09
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 27
Check in: 23.07.13
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300

doberman_dsl @ 11.11.2013, 19:08*
Well, today the courier brought a long-awaited package. Surface Pro 2 256Gb. Everything is packed cool, no scratches even on the box, carefully carried)
The intermediary came to the warehouse on the 26th, the 1st was already handed to me, very quickly.
The impressions of the device are very positive, everything is done very competently, efficiently. A sort of solid piece of aluminum. Looks solid, collected tightly. Very pleased with the pen, exactly and convenient to use it.
Solid positive emotions.
[attachment = "3649979: IMAG0300.jpg"] [attachment = "3649983: IMAG0302.jpg"] [attachment = "3649986: IMAG0306.jpg"]

Congratulations!! Now we are waiting for various tests, and I personally test the processing of photos in the original resolution of the images!)))) Ie Pictures about 5472 * 3648 pixels
Mikkael
Message#37
02.11.13, 14:18
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 702
Check in: 16.11.05

Anandtechwrites that the firmware came out on Surface Pro 2, which increases the battery life from 6.5 hours to about 8 hours, according to their tests. Directly incite me to buy a device before NG, although I wanted to wait for the release of the Power Cover and the battery tests already with him :)

Post has been editedMikkael - 02.11.13, 14:20
mkpy
Message#38
02.11.13, 14:34
Guru
[offline]

Messages 5283

Mikkael
He will probably be able to theoretically work for 8 hours, but at the same time it will become something like an ARM version or a version of a Windows tablet with intel Atom. And what's the point of buying a tablet on a "full-fledged" processor? Yes, and the calculations are theoretically synthetic. Surface Pro 2 already has very good autonomy for a full-fledged Windows tablet.
RezoR1985
Message#39
02.11.13, 14:43
User
[offline]

Messages 96
Check in: 07.03.10
Xiaomi Mi 5 Prime

mkpy,Somewhere in the internet I saw that the second bug can play a movie at full brightness for 8 hours.
Although it would be better if the first one corrected the time of work, and then 4 hours was not at all at the cash desk.
Mikkael
Message#40
02.11.13, 15:28
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 702
Check in: 16.11.05

mkpy,
On Anandtehe written test method. Essno if you strongly load percents, then the work time will be less.
mkpy
Message#41
02.11.13, 16:18
Guru
[offline]

Messages 5283

RezoR1985,
I did not try to turn the movie for 8 hours, but by how much the battery is consumed, it does not seem that it will work with the movie for 8 hours.

95 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/26/19, 09:52