Jolla Sailfish | Smartphone, 4.5 "/ 1.4GHz / 1GB RAM / Smartphone on Sailfish OS

Rep: (608)
DiscussionSailfish OS and devices on it
Picturesmartphone on Sailfish OS
Description | Discussion пїЅ FAQ В»AccessoriesВ» | A source of information | CLUB owners "

Current news:Jolla C - community version of the phone. Delivered to customers, order is not possible.
Attached Image

The current version of Sailfish OS -2.1.4.14

The port for n9 is discussed here: Sailfish for Nokia N9

The port for the LG Nexus 4 is discussed here: LG Nexus 4 - Sailfish OS (OS 1.X.H.XX)

Phone features:

• Dimensions: 131x68x9.9 mm (WCT)
  • Weight: 141 g
  • Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon's 2-core processor with a frequency of 1.4GHz

• Connection
    GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
    4G LTE (channels 3 (1800 MHz), 7 (2600 MHz) and 20 (800 MHz), works in Megafon / MTS / Beeline networks
    WLAN 802.11 b / g / n 2.4GHz
    Bluetooth 4.0 EDR HS
    AGPS & GLONASS

• Connection to computer: USB2.0 High-Speed, Micro-USB

• Audio Jack: 3.5mm 4-pin audio jack

• Sim Card: Micro SIM

• Expandable: I2C connector under the back cover

• Memory:
    The amount of internal storage 16GB
    MicroSD card slot
    1GB RAM

• Screen:
    4.5 "Estrade display" with a resolution of 960 x 540 pixels (qHD)
    5-point multi-touch
    Gorilla 2 в„ў Glass

• Camera:
    8Mp main camera with autofocus and LED flash (1 diode)
    2MP front camera

• Sensors:
    Proximity sensor
    Accelerometer
    Gyroscope
    Compass
    Light sensor

• Nutrition:
    Talk: 9/10 hours (GSM / 3G)
    Standby time: up to 500 hours
    Replaceable battery 2100mAh, 3.8V, 7.98Vhch

Jolla C and Intex AquaFish features:

• Dimensions: 142С…72С…9.6 mm (Р’РҐРЁРҐРў)
  • Weight: 150 g
  • Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 4-core processor with a frequency of 1.3GHz

• Connection
    GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
    4G LTE
    Jolla C: Channels 1, 3 (1800 MHz), 7 (2600 MHz) and 20 (800 MHz), works in Megafon / MTS / Beeline / Tele2 networks
    Intex Aquafish: Channels 3.5 (FDD) and 40 (TDD) - works in LTE networks of all operators in limited regions (channel 3,FAQ )
    WLAN 802.11
    Bluetooth
    AGPS & GLONASS

• Connection to computer: USB2.0 High-Speed, Micro-USB

• Audio Jack: 3.5mm 4-pin audio jack

• Sim card: Micro SIM - two slots

• Memory:
    The amount of internal storage 16GB
    MicroSD card slot
    2GB RAM

• Screen:
    5 "IPS display with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels (HD)

• Camera:
    8Mp main camera with autofocus and LED flash (1 diode)
    2MP front camera

• Sensors:
    Proximity sensor
    Accelerometer
    Gyroscope
    Light sensor

• Nutrition:
    Replaceable 2500 mAh, 3.8V, 9.5Wh battery

Additional Information:

Post has been editedwickedsten - 08.03.18, 12:49
Reason for editing: Aquafish data

Rep: (31)
So, 9 hours ago, a phone with 100% battery, WiFi and 3G turned off and closed applications was put on the bedside table. I watched time 2 times during the night. By morning, the charge indicator is 78%.

Video call - there is no such functionality, apparently.

Examples of photo and video shooting - on Monday.

Case material - matt plastic pleasant to the touch. The assembly is good, there are no backlashes.

That's while the video about the device itself from my friendhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlOUPOaVLkU

Rep: (1)
wickedsten,

Are native applications closed, or hang like in Android?

And please, as it becomes possible to check, give an answer to the question of the user MoyLogin, see below. Thank!

What is the situation with the use of the Internet: does the system crawl into the network when the data transfer is turned on (like an android) or how does the good old symbian enter there only when we want it?

I answer. Native applications are closed. Like in Nokia.

He crawls on the Internet all the time - but I have XMPP, Facebook, and mail configured ... The traffic is not eating much.

ADF: LTE not yet enabled. Judging by their twitter, there is not even a clear start date for support. We wait.

PS I remember about the report with pictures. Today I’ll write after work.

Post has been editedwickedsten - 16.12.13, 10:50

Rep: (256)
Does it get warm during work?

Ancelad @ 12.16.2013, 10:43*
Does it get warm during work?

Slightly when working online. Noticeably less than the N8 when running at least Skype.

A small review from the author of the video, which I posted a little earlier.

http://vk.com/vitaly.pevgonen?w=note1340477_11733018

Rep: (21)
Hey. I join the discussion - the phone bought on the 11th, my video and "review" wickedsten posted.

In the review, I wrote that there is enough charge for the day, but after several days of use I'm not so sure about this. There can be no talk of two days. On the other hand, the phone shows the charge as a percentage, and not in barely visible pixels on a small indicator, like some other phones, and a 2-3% drop in charge is immediately visible on this phone, but not visible on others. Because of this, appetite may seem a little exaggerated. I haven’t had to rush headlong to the outlet yet, but I need to charge it for the night.

Asguardian @ 12.16.2013, 09:30*
Are native applications closed, or hang like in Android?

Applications are closed, but if you look at top in the terminal, then life goes on there. msyncd, contactsd and other daemons are running and probably are synchronizing something. It would be interesting to look at powertop, but it is not out of the box.

Compared to Windows Phone, I would not say that the same browser flies. On large pages, scrolling is not so smooth. By the way, the native browser does not know how to upload files.

Rep: (1)
Something sad, like that for now. Will the blackbury z10 be a good alternative?

Well, let’s go through the facts unlit in the article above.

This post would be nice to consolidate - I will supplement it.
Updated 12.17 in the morning
Read full and with pictures
1. Media player.
Out of the box he is not. It is necessary, like most applications, to install from the market (after registration, for free).
The player is ascetic. Able to show music in the display "by album", "by artist" and "all tracks". Moreover, as a picture for categories, D uses a picture from the first track.
Attached Image

The player does not have an equalizer, the lyrics do not know how to display. There is not even a repeat setting (all / album) - but there is random play.
Russian tags, which pleases, are supported.

ATTENTION!Headsets from old Nokia on Symbian are not suitable - crackle in one of the channels. Tested on the headset WH-205 and WH-701.
At the same time, the native headset from the iPhone works well.

The sound in the headphones is clear, very pleasant and rich for my taste. More than enough volume.

2. Transfer media files.
On a Windows computer, a USB-connected phone is recognized and gives access to all folders in MTP mode.
ATTENTION!On a Mac, the phone is not recognized! The only way to access to / copy media files to the phone is to enable development mode and copy them via SSH.
By the way, when disabling and re-enabling ssh access, the password is reset. It must be set again.

3. Camera.
The phone has 2 cameras - frontal 2 megapixels and the main 8 megapixels. The quality of shooting the main camera, as I already said, leaves much to be desired. A few examples:
Auto mode
Attached Image

Adjusted to manual
Attached Image

Photo through the glass
Attached Image

Cloudy photo
Attached Image

Both with flash and with manual white balance and manual focus (click on the focus point on the screen)
Attached Image

The front camera is still meaningless - the phone does not know how to make video calls in any form - either through a standard application or via Skype.

There is no point in shooting videos in the dark - there are more noises than pictures.
There is no stabilizer in the photo or video.

4. Communication.
The phone is capable of standard frequencies GSM (850/900/1800/1900) and UMTS (900/2100). LTE is not yet supported by software.
WiFi - b / g / n, 2.4 Ghz. 5Ghz is not supported. Connection speed according to my access point is 54Mbps. The device name is simple and straightforward - localhost :) However, anyone with Linux skills can fix this in 2 minutes from the console.
There are no complaints about the conversation, the sound quality is normal, there was no particular difference in reception with the same N8.

5. Contacts.
Contacts are synchronized with Facebook, with Google+, and with SIM cards.
You can also add all the contacts on your computer into 1 vcs-file, copy it to your phone and import them into your phone through the settings of the "People" application - this is the only available way to synchronize with Mac and with iPhone via Mac.
From the unpleasant - in the phone with an interface in English (I prefer it) there is quick access to the contact by the first letter of the first or last name. The letters are only Latin, Cyrillic at the end of the general list. In the Russian interface, the problem is the opposite - there is no quick access to contacts in English.
From the pleasant - it’s easy to link Facebook, Google+ and phone contacts together.

And about the unpleasant bugs noticed at the moment:
- Sometimes it refuses to connect to WiFi - a reboot saves. On 2 devices, it was noticed once.
- In the Calendar application, shows the days of the week from Sunday, while drawing today's date under Sunday (Monday)
- The alarm clock now set at 9:30 - in the setting mode it writes 9:30, in hours - 8:30. The signal emits at the time that is visible in the setup mode.
- In skype (for android), the message time is two hours behind the real one. At the same time, even in the console, it displays the correct timezone

APD and about miles in maps.http://www.jollatides.com/2013/12/16/how-t...-system-locale/

Posted on 12/16/2013, 9:13 PM:

Appleeclipse I have no berries. There is nothing to compare. But, in my opinion, this device is more promising.

Post has been editedwickedsten - 17.12.13, 09:10

On a Windows computer, a USB-connected phone is recognized and gives access to all folders in Mass Storage mode.

This is MTP. It seems to be used in new androids. The plus is that you can have access to the repository from both the computer and the phone - I took screenshots and immediately looked at them on the big screen.

In the room, the camera is lying with a white balance or something like that, which is corrected with a single button “I’m lucky” in Picasa.

Attached Image

A purely software problem will probably be solved later. Everything seems to be decent on the street:

Attached Image

Well, a couple of pictures from the club with disgusting, as you know, lighting.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Meanwhile, in the secret laboratories, the next bugfix firmware is being prepared by the end of the year (according to my information - December 24) and firmware with new features in the first quarter of 2014.https://twitter.com/zzste/statuses/412176252372795392

And in a nearby laboratory, Yolla’s engineer demonstrates that the “other half” is not only a color case and wallpaper replacement, and attaches wireless charging.https://twitter.com/veskuh/statuses/412492365585465344

Post has been editedtrminator - 16.12.13, 21:44

A new version of firmware has been released - 1.0.1.12

Minor update - a problem with the market
we just discovered an issue in both 1.0.0.5 and 1.0.1.10 today which
causes update of the store token required for accessing store
repositories to fail. A fix for that has been pushed a few minutes ago:
The update to version 1.0.1.12 you might be seeing on your device soon
contains exactly this one fix to keep store access working.

Also, the first application from the category "Weather" appeared in the market. Unfortunately, coverage is only Central Europe.

Rep: (14)
He crawls on the Internet all the time - but I have XMPP, Facebook, and mail configured ... The traffic is not eating much.

And can the data transfer be completely cut down, like on a droid?
If you turn off all synchronization and auto-updates in all programs, will it climb into the network?
What about call recording?

And what is it that pulls everyone offline? :)
You can chop off. I still do not understand the logic - when leaving the house, the question “what to use - cellular or WiFi?” Appears, but if I ignore the question (block the phone), I don’t seem to turn on communication and pester.
Android applications, however, can turn off the disconnected connection. Foursquare, at least, does it.
No call recording yet. (A strange desire is to record calls. A year from the 96th, the function has never been useful)

By the way, the statistics of the battery as you use it pleases. Yesterday at that time was 28%, today - 46%. The battery is swinging. The second thought - today I used less applications from Android. To be more precise - Skype. It’s not a matter of communication - messages via XMMP (to the native client) arrive on the phone a couple of seconds earlier than on the iPad with a SIM card of the same operator.

Post has been editedwickedsten - 17.12.13, 23:53

What about call recording?

I’m not very sure how with this in terms of laws in these Europeans. As far as I remember, this function was cut out from ordinary phones, referring specifically to laws. I would not expect that the recording of calls will be out of the box. For the sound there, pulseaudio is responsible, probably, it is possible to implement recording, in principle.

And can the data transfer be completely cut down, like on a droid?

The second and third icon in the screenshot. In the morning I’ll see if he’s turned on himself. So far I have tried to get into the browser and answered the question "where is the Internet, in Wi-Fi or in treasure" evasively, it seems to have turned on nothing.
Attached Image

By the way, I'm not sure, but USSD doesn't seem to work. Or, maybe, what I am typing for example (balance check, * 100 #) does not have to work on the contract (since there is no balance as such).

I tried to put powertop (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92036- by the way, the native graphical Jolla Filemanager is installed by pkcon install jolla-fileman). Delivered, but does not work.

Android applications are installed from apk, for this you need some kind of file manager for Android. I installed ES Explorer from the Yandex store, the file system was completely visible, the instagram was installed, but I didn’t see the camera (should he see it at all? Is he not only posting photos from the gallery?).

Post has been editedtrminator - 18.12.13, 00:53

Rep: (0)
Got the phone yesterday.

I propose to make a separate section on the forum.

P.S. I am glad that Navigon Europe launched

Rep: (472)
i3000,

My sincere congratulations!

I propose to make a separate section on the forum

you are essentially already in it .... if there is a sufficient amount of material, the section name will be slightly modified ... but it’s too early to talk about it now ...

Correction - USSD works.

Rep: (256)
I have a somewhat strange question - do you have emoticons in correspondence? And what do they look like?

No smiles. With N8 came in the form (colon-bracket)

Rep: (0)
Gentlemen, perhaps the message is a little off topic, but since there is a discussion of Sailfish and Jolla, I decided that this place would be the best option.
A huge request to all those interested in this product to take part in an independent NON-COMMERCIAL survey on the relationship to the real and possible characteristics of Jolla Phone.
There is a survey here: www.ianketa.ru/anketa/260703550/

I’ll make a reservation right away that I’m not connected with the company at all, the project is purely theoretical.

Thanks in advance, every vote counts for me.
Who will be interested in the results of the study - write to me in PM at the end of December, I will send it by e-mail.
And also, all your suggestions for improvements and corrections will be included in the final report.

I myself am a fanatical user of N9, so I really look forward to the release of Jolla (but I’ll buy it sooner than more or less stable updates come out :3)

Post has been editedAnvbis - 18.12.13, 12:27

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/25/19, 19:09