Jolla Sailfish | Smartphone, 4.5 "/ 1.4GHz / 1GB RAM / Smartphone on Sailfish OS

Rep: (608)
DiscussionSailfish OS and devices on it
Picturesmartphone on Sailfish OS
Description | Discussion пїЅ FAQ В»AccessoriesВ» | A source of information | CLUB owners "

Current news:Jolla C - community version of the phone. Delivered to customers, order is not possible.
Attached Image

The current version of Sailfish OS -2.1.4.14

The port for n9 is discussed here: Sailfish for Nokia N9

The port for the LG Nexus 4 is discussed here: LG Nexus 4 - Sailfish OS (OS 1.X.H.XX)

Phone features:

• Dimensions: 131x68x9.9 mm (WCT)
  • Weight: 141 g
  • Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon's 2-core processor with a frequency of 1.4GHz

• Connection
    GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
    4G LTE (channels 3 (1800 MHz), 7 (2600 MHz) and 20 (800 MHz), works in Megafon / MTS / Beeline networks
    WLAN 802.11 b / g / n 2.4GHz
    Bluetooth 4.0 EDR HS
    AGPS & GLONASS

• Connection to computer: USB2.0 High-Speed, Micro-USB

• Audio Jack: 3.5mm 4-pin audio jack

• Sim Card: Micro SIM

• Expandable: I2C connector under the back cover

• Memory:
    The amount of internal storage 16GB
    MicroSD card slot
    1GB RAM

• Screen:
    4.5 "Estrade display" with a resolution of 960 x 540 pixels (qHD)
    5-point multi-touch
    Gorilla 2 в„ў Glass

• Camera:
    8Mp main camera with autofocus and LED flash (1 diode)
    2MP front camera

• Sensors:
    Proximity sensor
    Accelerometer
    Gyroscope
    Compass
    Light sensor

• Nutrition:
    Talk: 9/10 hours (GSM / 3G)
    Standby time: up to 500 hours
    Replaceable battery 2100mAh, 3.8V, 7.98Vhch

Jolla C and Intex AquaFish features:

• Dimensions: 142С…72С…9.6 mm (Р’РҐРЁРҐРў)
  • Weight: 150 g
  • Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 4-core processor with a frequency of 1.3GHz

• Connection
    GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
    4G LTE
    Jolla C: Channels 1, 3 (1800 MHz), 7 (2600 MHz) and 20 (800 MHz), works in Megafon / MTS / Beeline / Tele2 networks
    Intex Aquafish: Channels 3.5 (FDD) and 40 (TDD) - works in LTE networks of all operators in limited regions (channel 3,FAQ )
    WLAN 802.11
    Bluetooth
    AGPS & GLONASS

• Connection to computer: USB2.0 High-Speed, Micro-USB

• Audio Jack: 3.5mm 4-pin audio jack

• Sim card: Micro SIM - two slots

• Memory:
    The amount of internal storage 16GB
    MicroSD card slot
    2GB RAM

• Screen:
    5 "IPS display with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels (HD)

• Camera:
    8Mp main camera with autofocus and LED flash (1 diode)
    2MP front camera

• Sensors:
    Proximity sensor
    Accelerometer
    Gyroscope
    Light sensor

• Nutrition:
    Replaceable 2500 mAh, 3.8V, 9.5Wh battery

Additional Information:

Post has been editedwickedsten - 08.03.18, 12:49
Reason for editing: Aquafish data

Rep: (96)
peopless,
if there is a good instruction in Russian, then there will be no problems

The instruction and without translation is understandable in principle. There are alsoRussian, just instead of mute we put a sailboat. But only a bit hemorrhoids. Is it possible to throw all the firmware in rum right away, like custom firmware on android? I threw zip, went into the recovery, asked for it - and that's it and business too.

Post has been editedzaharovsp - 10.12.13, 12:30

Rep: (60)
One problem budged.
But there are no precedents for installing a sailboat on other smarts, for example, with Andrew on board?

Rep: (256)
I highly recommend reading this to everyone.detailed manualin Russian

Ancelad
Ancelad @ 12/10/2013, 14:25*
I highly recommend reading this detailed Russian manual to everyone.

... the harsh Chelyabinsk Russian language, and most importantly, everything is clear :)

Post has been editedzaharovsp - 10.12.13, 13:38

Rep: (256)
The instruction was cut, but there is a reservecopy: lol:

Ancelad @ 12/10/2013, 19:21*
The instruction was cut, but there is a reservecopy: lol:

Haha, such a translation made me molehill. But come in handy. While I draw my instructions, as I ask (if possible) - I will lay out

Rep: (17)
Who will say whether this unit is attached to the operator or not

Rep: (472)
DAskeza,
as far as I know - no

Rep: (31)
The device lies in your pocket for 3 hours. Ready to answer questions :)

I will answer the first - in DNA stores in Finland - not attached. 399 € without contract.

To get started - a short review.
1. The battery does not sit down. She is EXHAUSTED with tremendous power. The update has just been installed - I'll see how much it helps.
2. Not stupid.
3. Native applications are few to the level of "almost no"
4. From relatives - an androidomarket from Yandex. There are a lot of things. (While in Finnish - I can’t put Google).
5. Android applications work more or less normally.
6. Set - phone, cable (nice - like a Nokia), charging, manual, two stickers. There is no headset. Nokievskaya suspiciously buzzing in one ear :)
7. Assembly is normal (although China). A black sticker with the inscription Jolla hangs perfectly on the white back cover.
8. Charging complete - bad. Is buzzing. Tangible.
9. Camera - at the level of androids of a medium high category. After N8, the camera is not perceived at all - it's true, I tried it at night. I'll check it tomorrow afternoon. The lack of a hardware button is annoying - autofocus is lying at night (there is no normal backlight), manual focus is inconvenient for the touch.

Continuing the experiments :)

Post has been editedwickedsten - 14.12.13, 22:17

Rep: (6)
wickedsten,
you just dispelled all hopes, for some reason you thought that the iron will be done normally, stupid expectation, China is not Nokia (

Rep: (49)
wickedsten, the fifth paragraph of your post please open in more detail

wickedsten,
way to acquire?
pre-order + mail / traveled bought / friends brought?

Down up:
Method of acquisition - I went to Finland to rest, at the same time I bought a game.
In more detail what to reveal? Firefox flies (although the native browser is no worse). Vkontaktik client started and logged in. The Foursquare client swears at the lack of support for some components from Google Play and does not log in (I remind you that the market out of the box is only Yandex). Yandex maps work with navigation and GPS (native, by the way - Here Maps aka Nokia maps). Toys - well, that got caught like Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja - works. Skype works (did not check calls). Wishes for others are accepted in PM.

-----
Lyrical digression.
Android applications at the bottom of the screen display two buttons - back and a list of applications. If you press back in the main application window, the application closes. In the list of the latter in another application - is displayed.
If the application is minimized - (checked on Skype) messages arrive. Sound notification is issued.
-----

Iron seems to be normal. Well, except for the camera - but where, except for Nokia and iPhone, is the camera ok? I hope they fix it with a battery ...

Post has been editedwickedsten - 14.12.13, 23:38

Well, and as a verdict right now.
For geeks - suitable. A unique device, though. Routed out of the box. Umeent and his software, and android, according to rumors - and Migo-Mayemovsky ... More not earlier than Monday evening.
Because of the rutovaniya out of the box is suitable for developers. More details - see above.
If you want fun and have nowhere to put 400 € - it’s fine :)

But, in general, as a hardware-software complex is an interesting thing. More than. Another reason to mention Elop with the same words that Gates was called in the 90s :)

In general, the phone is Chinese ... obviously, and the system is excellent.

I would not say that it’s completely Chinese and absolutely it. Actually - a nice device. But yes I’ll write a maintenance report after at least two weeks. At the same time, I will replace the SIM card with micro and try LTE - it will take off or not. But not earlier than Monday, again.

Rep: (14)
wickedsten, how are things with the telephone part: reception quality, speaker / microphone quality, speed dialing capabilities? Are there video calls through 3g (not skype and its analogues)? Is there a call recording from the line? If not, please check this program:Callrecorder
What is the situation with the use of the Internet: does the system crawl into the network when the data transfer is turned on (like an android) or how does the good old symbian enter there only when we want it?

As for CallRecorder: do not pay attention to what is written in the header about root rights and everything else. I began to write this program from the line without root on the stock firmware.

Post has been editedMoyLogin - 15.12.13, 00:07

MoyLogin

I do not have local Finnish Micro-SIM. While the phone works only on wifi. I’ll update Simka on Monday morning, I'll see.

Video calls have not yet hit the menu. Apparently, he does not know how yet - and this is with the front camera.

----

It should be noted that the online manual, like the paper manual in the kit, is very poor. There, in fact, only gestures are described.

Post has been editedwickedsten - 15.12.13, 00:18

How about a video player, if you upload video samples from the camera I would be grateful, the build quality and body material.

Skype works (did not check calls)

+ about the video call is not clear yet?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/18/19, 2:20 p.m.