> Important

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

221 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Google Nexus 7 (2013) - Marriage and Repair | Discuss problems with the device and fix them
Glitches with a touch, a solution with a film.
Having pasted a film, has anything changed?
Yes. got better [ 160 ] ** [11,17%]
Not. It only got worse. [ 286 ] ** [19,96%]
Nothing changed. As lagal and lag [ 352 ] ** [24,56%]
Nothing changed. How well it worked and remained [ 635 ] ** [44,31%]
Total votes: 1433

Creit
Message#1
17.09.13, 01:08
Veteran
[offline]

Group: FAQMakers
Messages 1440
Check in: 02.07.08
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact D5803, D5833

Marriage and RepairGoogle Nexus 7 (2013)
PictureGoogle Nexus 7 (2013), Google Nexus 7 II
Description | HotFAQ | Discussion | Purchase | Accessories | FirmwareWi-Fiversions | LineageOS firmware | FirmwareLTEversions | Kernels and their discussion | Modification of software and decorations | Marriage and Repair |

���� � ���������� download

| Owners Club

An example of recovery and modification by soldering memory at home
Instructions for buying and replacing the display unit
Parsing a Device from iFixit
Video parsing
Patch for troubleshooting multitouch Instructions in Russian

Probably,reject rate is very low, even on the first batches.
ASUS has World andNorth AmericanGuaranteesso you can safely buy gray from anywhere except in the US (however, there are devices purchased on Google Play and Amazon, with a global guarantee. Depends on your luck)

Actually, some is not quite a marriage, but this can be expected with the purchase:
In this video, the guy said a lot. LOOK REQUIRED !!!
LittleXDA
Multitouch bug(sometimes it does not work out pressing, false touches, the non-operation of the touch when touching, disabling the touch zone from time to time) Most likely a software problem.Possible solution with film
More on the problem of the wheelbarrow - decision
Auto rotate problem - decision
Bug Speakers.(low volume sizzle may not workExample hiss)
Quiet soundAnd in the speakers and even in the headphones
Dead pixels.Well, it happens, check
Screen flicker Example
Incorrect color and backlighting(the lights are uneven). Highlights are possible, marriage is not a feature of technology
Exfoliate screen(sometimes the right frame leaves) - Also happens, check with the purchase
Does not catch GPSMaybe only when there is really no signal (in the apartment / bunker, etc.)
Dust between screen and glass Google Nexus 7 (2013) - Discussion (Post # 24842476)It happens. Check with the purchase!
Build issues?It's hard to call a sticky letter a build problem.
Indelible oil stains. Stain sample
Many defects on one device
Marriage theme of the first nexus. Do not know how useful for us
Undoubtedly a software problem with the camera
Good review

easy camera rattling - this is autofocus, this is not a marriage
Problems with the speakers - hardware. If found, contact the SC.

It is necessary to contact the SC. But for a long time he put unlocking, rue, custom, kernels, etc. If everything is rolled back to the factory state in the SC will find out?
Some argued that the service centers have a special software that determines such facts. However, there is no official information. And precedents in refusal because of them too. So most likely they won't find out or they just won't pay attention.

Attention, there is no needle reset button in the device, a hole just below the volume keys is a microphone

of 16 GB available 12, of 32 about 26. This is the norm

Post has been editedAlexanderL - 28.12.17, 13:45
Reason for editing: Navigator
Skazki
Message#42
22.09.13, 02:28
Guru
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 8705
Check in: 09.05.10
Apple iPhone X

TheDthMaster,
The tablet is purchased in the US in the BestBuy network, it has a completely non-working Wi-Fi module. In the activation process, in the second step, it writes either "Turning WiFi on ..." or loosely translated "To activate the tablet, turn on Wi-Fi". In general, Wi-Fi does not turn on at all, even on all five custom firmware from the corresponding topic.
And I confirm about the warranty - our official service refused the warranty, made a request to the ASUS representative office, they confirmed that the tablets purchased in the USA have only the US warranty, not the global one. Determined by serial number.

You did not read it?
TheDthMaster
Message#43
22.09.13, 02:36
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 41
Check in: 25.02.11
HTC Desire Z

Skazki
I drove my own to the official service, there were no complaints about the place of purchase of the tablet, I immediately said that I had just bought it, but despite the obvious hardware problems, it is problematic to return it right away, because from the USA. They said only that, despite the international guarantee, repairs could be delayed if the goods were not bought in Russia. I decided not to leave and try to communicate with BH first, but they have some kind of holidays.

Posted 09/22/2013 02:36:

The Eee Pad ASUS comes pre-installed with the Android operating system and is covered by a global warranty. From here.
kraleksandr
Message#44
22.09.13, 08:45
Guru
[offline]

Messages 7990
Check in: 05.01.12
Apple iPhone X

valera90902 @ 09/21/2013, 23:44*
This is the second, but my problem remains
But we decided earlier that the touch is a hardware problem.

Posted 09/22/2013, 08:44:

TheDthMaster @ 09/22/2013, 03:25*
What kind of nonsense about the warranty? On Android tablets, Asus has a global guarantee, and where it is purchased.
You did not read the answer to the support where I was told about the two types of guarantees?
You did not readanswerSupport to one person from a neighboring topic, where he was told that his guarantee is local, only in the US?

Posted 09/22/2013 08:45 AM:

TheDthMaster @ 09/22/2013, 03:36*
The Eee Pad ASUS comes pre-installed with the Android operating system and is covered by a global warranty.
Well, we still do not have the Eee Pad ...

--------------------
Nokia 3250 ->Nokia 5800 ->Google galaxy nexus>Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE + Moto 360 2015 ->iPhone N + Apple Watch S3 Nike + Prestigio Visconte Quad 3GK
The cap of the topic - that the briefs of Abraham Jay Abe Simpson, also contain all the answers.
smithzt
Message#45
22.09.13, 09:09
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 24
Check in: 29.09.09
Sony xperia sola

Pancake. Four days tablet. Also there was a stain like comrades above on the topic. The truth is not red and some purple. And counted about four broken pixels. All this is not so noticeable in normal use. But if the brightness to the maximum and on a black background is visible. So I think, carry in service or score.
TheDthMaster
Message#46
22.09.13, 11:36
Novice
[offline]

Messages 41
HTC Desire Z

kraleksandrYou told about your experience, I about your. No need to consider yourself the ultimate truth. I claim that I was not denied an international guarantee in the official service center regardless of the fact that the tablet was purchased in the USA. If for some reason they misled me in the service, and then they would say that I'm sorry, we were mistaken, you have to pay x rub for repair, then yes, you're right. But until this happens, we will not la la, ok? Or do different vendors in the US sell tablets with a guarantee with different coverage?

I had a small book "Nexus 7. Warranty & Safety" with a tablet in the documents, there is a remarkable section "10. International Warranty Service":
This Warranty applies to the country of purchase.
Warranty service in Europe, United States of America, United States of America (United States, Canada and Mexico),

Kraleksandr @ 09/22/2013, 09:45*
Well, we still do not have the Eee Pad ...

According to the classification of Asus, we have the Eee Pad. If you tried to register the device on account.asus.com, you would know it.
vitalyoff
Message#47
22.09.13, 12:32
Local
[offline]

Messages 199
Check in: 08.10.07
Lenovo P2 3/32

More about the warranty, well, for clarity :)
1) I turned to ASKservice (the most titular official in Russia) about non-working Wi-Fi - they said that paid repairs, since the tablet has only a local US warranty.
2) On the Russian ASUS website, I write a claim about the refusal of warranty service through the form (well, I also read about the global guarantee of Android tablets) - the answer is the same, in the territory of the Russian Federation the tablet is not subject to warranty repair.
3) I am writing to the Russian representative office of ASUS with a request to clarify the situation with the global guarantee and its non-performance in the Russian Federation - they answer, there is a global guarantee, of course, but this is an exception case and it is not.
4) I write to ASUS global support in English - what the fuck with your guarantee? The answer unfortunately came in Russian (redirects to the local support apparently in the country of residence), where I was once again told about the North American guarantee.

Well, it remains only to write in Rospotrebnadzor or Sportloto :)

--------------------
NOOK Simple Touch
Nexus 7 2013 32Gb Wi-Fi
TheDthMaster
Message#48
22.09.13, 12:39
Novice
[offline]

Messages 41
HTC Desire Z

vitalyoff
Well, it's a tin, of course, because it contradicts their own warranty documents that come with the tablet. I quoted above.
Try to write to global support with feedback in the US so that you do not redirect. On the topic of what will happen if I am in Europe, and terrible happens.
And try another service. I suspect that for them an international is a separate additional crap, and they try to deny it as much as they can, which they never paint.
vitalyoff
Message#49
22.09.13, 14:01
Local
[offline]

Messages 199
Lenovo P2 3/32

Well, I wrote in support, indicating the country of the USA :)
But here, rather, it is necessary to somehow find out about the guarantee policy in ASUS head office, no one has any contacts :)?

--------------------
NOOK Simple Touch
Nexus 7 2013 32Gb Wi-Fi
TheDthMaster
Message#50
22.09.13, 14:16
Novice
[offline]

Messages 41
HTC Desire Z

I would push offof thisas from the official position. Although there are ambiguous notes on the topic.
TheDthMaster
Message#51
22.09.13, 14:22
Novice
[offline]

Messages 41
HTC Desire Z

vitalyoffand ASKService refused to give you a free warranty right away when you receive a tablet for repair or after some time after?
vitalyoff
Message#52
22.09.13, 14:32
Local
[offline]

Messages 199
Lenovo P2 3/32

Well, in the evening I sent them a repair request indicating the serial number, and the next morning the answer came that it was only a paid repair.

--------------------
NOOK Simple Touch
Nexus 7 2013 32Gb Wi-Fi
marusy696
Message#53
22.09.13, 18:00
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 3
Check in: 22.09.13

If you gently knock on the top speaker, it feels like there is something there and it is trash, but if you shake the tablet, then why not hear anything to carry or score? and sometimes the tablet can really freeze for 5 seconds
kraleksandr
Message#54
22.09.13, 18:01
Guru
[offline]

Messages 7990
Check in: 05.01.12
Apple iPhone X

Marusy696 @ 09/22/2013, 19:00*
If you gently knock on the top speaker, it feels like there is something there and it is trash, but if you shake the tablet, then why not hear anything to carry or score?
Maybe this is the autofocus mechanism of the camera?

--------------------
Nokia 3250 ->Nokia 5800 ->Google galaxy nexus>Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE + Moto 360 2015 ->iPhone N + Apple Watch S3 Nike + Prestigio Visconte Quad 3GK
The cap of the topic - that the briefs of Abraham Jay Abe Simpson, also contain all the answers.
marusy696
Message#55
22.09.13, 18:19
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 3
Check in: 22.09.13

maybe it's just interesting to panic and run to the service as I bought in Russia, but I like the tablet itself and there are no other problems and defects
rysik2012
Message#56
22.09.13, 18:52
Local
[offline]

Messages 109
Check in: 23.01.11
Redmi Note 7 3/32

my copy has 4 pixels dead, one is red, the rest are white (bhphotovideo)
Skazki
Message#57
22.09.13, 19:30
Guru
[offline]

Messages 8705
Check in: 09.05.10
Apple iPhone X

rysik2012,
Was it all at once? Or appeared over time? And after what period, if so. Just my device from there too. So far from the jambs only the hissing of the speakers at a low volume, but this is for many.

Post has been editedSkazki - 22.09.13, 19:31
rysik2012
Message#58
22.09.13, 19:50
Local
[offline]

Messages 109
Check in: 23.01.11
Redmi Note 7 3/32

Skazki,
I noticed right away, in principle, you need to get accustomed to see them, the noise from the speakers too (version 32gb)
peHa
Message#59
22.09.13, 20:25
Local
[offline]

Messages 327
Check in: 16.09.08
Google nexus 4

Stupidly out the tablet and does not turn on.
I watched the mail in the plate, went away for 5 minutes, but it is not turned off and does not react at all. I remember it was 20% charge. I put on charging. The charging screen does not light up. After 10 seconds of pressing the power, it also does not turn on. Power + up is the same. Just a brick.
Firmware runoff, the root has never been, has recently been updated by air. I bought in bestbye.
I'll put it on charge for the night, it can die off. What could be?

--------------------
Google nexus 416 Gb <- Motorola defyzebra
Google Nexus 7 IIwi-fi 32 Gb <- Window N10132 Gb
Faceless
Message#60
22.09.13, 23:06
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 452
Check in: 28.12.07
Oneplus 3T

My GPS is not working. Everything is included in the menu, but no program activates it. Fully updated firmware. Fully formatted the system, then put the firmware. Did not help. I did not install official firmware, it did not help. That is the matter of the hardware. Now I communicate with Google. They offer to reset the settings. In general, probably only have to return to the United States. I created a topic on the Google forum and someone unsubscribed that he had exactly the same problem.
07Sp @ rco07
Message#61
22.09.13, 23:09
Local
[offline]

Messages 126
Check in: 10.04.12
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64

my copy has 4 pixels dead, one is red, the rest are white (bhphotovideo)

They are not dead, but frozen ... the dead will be black on a white background ... there is a chance to restore them, google ...
My 4 green subpixels ... did not help anything .. even the cooling ... although it may need to be firmly frozen, I don’t know everything I tried, did not help ...

Question: Those with a problem with pixels, how do you feel about this, well, annoying or like (on a scale of 1 to 10)

--------------------
Nexus 7 (2013) Android 7.1 Nougat CM 14.1

iii and wɐLon xdǝʚʚ ʁɔvʎndǝʚǝdǝu diw iii ɐwʎ ɔ vǝtoɔ diw
Google

221 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/18/19, 15:37