> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Sony Xperia Z2 - Discussion | Smartphone 5.2 ''

Rep: (13)
Sony Xperia Z2 - Discussion
PictureD6502, D6503, D6543, D6553, SO-03F, L50w, L50u, L50t, Sirius, Maki
Description | Discussion » | Official firmware » | Unofficial firmware » | Modifications and decorations » | Camera talk » | Purchase » | Accessories » | Marriage and Repair » | Sony Xperia Modo Club » | Sony & Sony Ericsson Owners Club » | Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / Z3 Owners Club »

Before you ask a question in the topic be sure to read Sony Xperia Z2 FAQ and read the topic header!

Why deleted my post?
  • All posts violateFORUM RULES and Rules section "Android - Devices" will be deleted without warning.
  • Messages, type"Thank you, we will check now", "Hooray, everything turned out"- deleted without explanation. The forum has a reputation change system, an additional plus to the author’s reputation - better text."Thank".
  • Your post has no relation to the topic (object) of the discussion.
    1.2.1. Discussion of marriage, repair and other technical problems identified during operation, occurs in the topics in the title of which there is the addition "Marriage".
  • Your post does not carry any meaning or is: spam, flood, insult, contains a hidden or explicit mate, inciting holivar \ conflict, etc., which contradictsForum Rulessavagemessiahzine.com .
  • Your posts are correspondence with a specific user. For this there isQMS.
  • Your post was deleted by mistake (and this sometimes happens :))

If you think that your post has been deleted unfairly, then write about this in the QMS to the curator of the topic.
Specifications
Reviews
Attached Image

System:
  • Operating system - Android 4.4.2-6.0.1 (custom, up to 9.0)
  • The processor - Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 MSM8974AB, 32 bits
  • Those. process - 28 nm
  • Architecture - Karit 400
  • The number of cores - 4
  • Frequency - 2.3 GHz
  • Built-in memory - 16 GB (in SO-03F - 32 GB)
  • Available memory - 11.57 GB (in SO-03F - 25.41 GB)
  • RAM - 3 GB LPDDR3 (rarely models with 2 GB)
    Read more
    Attached Image
    These models are one of the prototypes, i.e. were designed before the official announcement of the device, which has already been installed 3 GB. The fact is that 2 GB was officially built into Z1 and at first Sony was going to install the same amount in Z2.
    In theory, these devices should not be available for general use, but there are very rare cases when they also fall into the hands of buyers.
    As a rule, on the official Android 4.4.2-6.0.1 firmware for such devices in the "Settings">"About the phone" mentioned that this is a prototype.
    Attached Image
    Attached Image
    By performance, devices with 2 GB are not inferior to standard devices.
  • Support for microSD cards - up to 128 GB

Screen:

• Diagonal - 5.2 "
  • Resolution - 1920x1080
  • Size (LxW in mm) - 64x114
  • Widescreen - yes
  • Screen Type - IPS LCD
  • Technology -Triluminos в„ў(original only), OGS
  • Multitouch - is, up to 10 touch points (on a non-original screen up to 5)
  • The number of pixels per inch (PPI) - 424
  • Video Processor - Adreno 330
  • Frequency - 578 MHz

Wireless connection:

• Wi-Fi support - is (Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi router, DLNA)
  • Wi-Fi bands - 2.4-5 GHz
  • Bluetooth support - is, 4.0
  • GPS support - is, with A-GPS
  • NFC support - is
  • Slots for SIM-cards - 1
  • SIM card connector type - microSIM
  • Mobile communications - 2G, 3G, 4G.

Camera:

• The rear camera is, 20.7 MPx
  • Features of the rear camera - flash, autofocus, Zoom 8x
  • Max. photo resolution - 5248x3936
  • Max. video resolution - 3840x2160 (4K)
  • Front camera - yes, 2.1 MPx
  • Max. photo resolution -1920x1080
  • Max. video resolution - 1920x1080

Sound:

• Speaker - there is
  • The main speaker is
  • Features of the speakers - the location on the front of the smartphone, stereo
  • Built-in microphone - is, 2 pcs
  • Microphone functions - noise reduction and stereo sound recording

Functionality:

• Sensors - accelerometer, proximity sensor, light sensor, gyroscope, compass, barometer
  • The vibromotor is

Connection:

• USB support for computer connection - there is
  • OTG support - is
  • Headphone jack - is, 3.5 mm jack, 5 pin

Nutrition:

• Type of charging connector - microUSB
  • Battery Type - Li-Ion, not removable
  • Battery capacity - 3200 mAh
  • Support fast charging (QC) - no

Additional Information:
  • Estimation of luxury - 4.299
  • Body material - metal and glass
  • Design - water resistant, IP55 / 58 compliant
  • Dimensions (LxWxT in mm) - 73.3x146.8x8.2
  • Weight - 163 g
  • Completion - telephone, USB-cable, headphones, network adapter, manual (in some there may be a docking station)
  • Announcement date - February 24, 2014
Instructions
Useful
Polls
Is your smartphone hot?
Attached Image

Does your smartphone have problems with the microphone
Attached Image
If the phone becomes very hot
Recently, complaints about a rise in the temperature of the phone began to gain momentum. This is due to the fact that it has petrified and lost its thermal-conductive properties of thermal grease, which serves to transfer heat from the processor and the power controller to the heat sink tube.
To correct this problem, a thermal paste must be replaced. You can buy it for almost a penny on AliExpress.
Instructions for replacing the thermal paste .

Topics Curator Drove 007 .

Post has been editedDrove 007 - 11.05.19, 22:50
Reason for editing: Minor edits

Rep: (32)
First look fromSonyXperiaRu

Post has been editedmercyful_fate - 25.02.14, 08:59

Rep: (12)
first look phonearena

Rep: (12224)
Add to the capStocks of Sony Xperia Z2 (1080x1920 and 2160x1920)

Rep: (0)
Night photos

Rep: (27)
Who cares, hereoverviewonRussianlanguage)

Rep: (38)
And while there is no heading "Accessories"

Spigen showed the first covers for P2

14.99 on your website:http://www.spigen.com/…z2-case-ultra-fit.html(available from mid-April)
7.99 on Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/…ltra+fit+premium+matte(available from April 18)

pre-orders are accepted.

M
4.24. When placing links, the use of special services for their reduction is prohibited.

Post has been edited0netw0 - 24.03.14, 08:17
Reason for editing: corrected link

Rep: (7)
http: //www.phonearena.....#20-140-shutter-ISO-80photo from camera

Rep: (2)
We are waiting for comparative reviews, I saw a comparison with SGS5 and Z1, I won sams by quality.

However, the Z1 would not be the leader in image quality at the time of release and finished the camera, so comparing it with SGS5 Z1 is like a dog with an elephant, although I haven’t seen photo quality yet.
When I was temporarily the owner of the Z1 I was surprised how lousy the pictures were in comparison with HTC One X +, Iphone 4s; 5s.
I suppose that if they finished the camera in Z2, then on the pedestal of 2014 she will hardly be able to get up, but nevertheless I look forward to the release and will buy the phone for other reasons =)
By the way there is no information when will appear in Russia? The reviews promised - the end of March, but it is likely in Europe ....

Rep: (0)
Does anyone know - he has IR? The function of the universal remote would not be superfluous.

Rep: (105)
Mihalych. @ 03/19/2014, 12:55*
IR does he have?

In the world version it is not stated, in the atomic version it will most likely be

Post has been editedjello73 - 19.03.14, 12:23

Rep: (1247)
f909,
This is not possible on the latest firmware from Google on smartphones of all manufacturers. However, with root-rights this can be done.

Rep: (341)
On c4, applications can be transferred to a memory card.

Only the application itself is migrated to C4, but not its cache. Therefore, there is no benefit from this, since most of it takes exactly the cache.

Rep: (3)
There are 3 versions of Z2: D6502, D6503, D6543. Who knows what the differences in them? What is the difference?

Rep: (11)
As it became known to Hi-Tech.Mail.Ru, pre-order for a new flagship smartphone Sony Xperia Z2 is open in Russia.
The time of appearance of the smartphone on sale is not yet known.

HI-TECH.MAIL.RU

Rep: (8)
No one has seen reviews? About S5 is already everywhere, and for Z2 nothing yet ....

Rep: (4)
I read somewhere that there is used a special method of charging from the scribble, which allows you to charge the smart 75% faster. Is it so ?

Rep: (4)
Gentlemen, good day to all! I had a very serious question, the answer to which I would like to know from people who really know the information. As you know, this device has a headset (headphones) with noise reduction function, which could be realized thanks to the 5-pin connector. It turns out that both the headphones and the smartphone have both 5-pin 3.5 mm jacks. Of course, the headset itself will not fit other devices with a 3-pin 3.5 mm jack, but can the Xperia Z2 itself be able to sense other headphones, with a 3-pin 3.5 mm jack? I would be grateful for an adequate and reliable response. Thank.

Rep: (7)
Treater! @ 03/20/2014, 20:45*
Gentlemen, good day to all! I had a very serious question, the answer to which I would like to know from people who really know the information. As you know, this device has a headset (headphones) with noise reduction function, which could be realized thanks to the 5-pin connector. It turns out that both the headphones and the smartphone have both 5-pin 3.5 mm jacks. Of course, the headset itself will not fit other devices with a 3-pin 3.5 mm jack, but can the Xperia Z2 itself be able to sense other headphones, with a 3-pin 3.5 mm jack? I would be grateful for an adequate and reliable response. Thank.

They can, and headphones are likely to work on other devices, but without noise cancellation

Treater! @ 03.20.2014, 23:45*
Can Xperia Z2 itself be able to perceive other headphones, with a 3-pin 3.5 mm jack?

Why not? After all, the Z1 Compact with its 4-pin connector quietly works with headphones with a 3-pin 3.5 mm.

Treater !,
Not at all) The excitement is really superfluous.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/26/19, 00:23