> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

Move to measure - Flying Ruler | [iPhone] [DeV] distance measurement and corners

Rep: (15)
Measure moving - Flying Ruler (Theme from the author)
Version: 2.0.1

Last update of the program in the header:07.03.2015

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Starting with version 2.0, the design has changed, but the principle remained the same, so I will leave old screenshots.

Short description:
Measurement of the distance and angles by simply moving the device.

Description:
Flying Ruler will allow you to measure the distance in the most unusual way: you simply transfer your device from one place to another.
In the same way, simply moving your device from one place to another, it is possible to measure the angles with an accuracy of 1 degree.

Ability to measure the distance:
- using a virtual ruler
- I use the device case

Distance Measurement:
- along the line on the surface
- between parallel surfaces in space

Corner measurement:
- between lines on the surface
- between planes in space

After the measurement, it is possible to save the measurement by making a photo with a marker about the size and designation of the measured object.

The program is built on the principle of the inertial navigation system: determining the position of the device using an accelerometer and gyroscope. As in ballistic missiles :)

AboutMeasurement accuracy I duplicate what is written in the description on the App Store:
We conducted 100 continuous measurements and obtained the following results:

On iPhone 6 Plus:

• Connectant deviation - 0.49%
• Maximum error - 1.2%
• The number of measurements in which the error does not exceed 1% - 93

On iPhone 4:

• Conducting deviation - 1.02%
• Maximum error - 3.0%
• The number of measurements in which the error does not exceed 1% - 65, does not exceed 2% - 96

I want to add that the numbers are not written from the bald. Really measured and statistics were considered.

The accuracy of measurements depends on the device, but, in any case, the error rarely when exceeds 3%. And you can always improve accuracy by making a series of measurements. In the case of measuring a series of measurements, the error is usually 1% or less.

The program cannot replace the roulette to the fullest, because Roulette has a fixed error (it is half the price of dividing the scale). However, the program may be useful for determining the approximate distance in the absence of a roulette, because Your device is always with you.

In some cases, when it is known in advance that the distance is more than any value, it can be argued that the program allows you to get absolutely accurate result with a high probability. For example, if when measuring furniture, where the dimensions are almost always multiple 10, you received a result of 61 cm, then most likely a real size is 60 cm.

Corners with a neat measurement The program determines with an error of no more than 1 degree, so the program may well replace the transport or a tilter.

The program supports 9 languages, including Russian.

Program Review at 148Apps

Program Review on APPPICKER

Both reviews in English, buthttp://translate.google.com/there will be no problems.

Short demo video
Introductory instructions in Russian.

Homepage: http://www.flying-ruler.com//
iTunes Store: https://itunes.apple.com/ru/app/id667579844.

Past versions
What's new in version 1.0.1
Added languages: Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, German, Korean, French, Russian, Italian.
What's new in version 1.1
Added a brief instruction. Added link to video instruction.
What's new in version 1.2
Optimization for iOS 7.
What's new in version 2.0
- Improved accuracy (the average quadratic deviation has decreased in two or more times depending on the model)
- Support VoiceOver, now Flying Ruler will help identify distances to people with poor eyesight
- Full support iPad
- iOS 8 support
- Support iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Only one of two calibrations remained
- the ability to save on one photo several measurements
- Fully reworked reference system
- the ability to convert meters to the feet and back
- three options for design instead of one
- changed sounds
- changed application icon
- Minor changes and improvements
What's new in version 2.0.1
- Minor changes and improvements

Post has been editedBilir - 07.03.15, 22:46
Reason for editing: Added update information

Sent to everyone. After the next update, five five more apart.

Rep: (0)
Not bad line. Everything measures clearly. True, even reading the instructions do not immediately understand how to use the program. Therefore, it would be nice if you added interactive learning (when you first start): Tablet_za:

The nearest update will simply with a short instruction before the first measured - because it is quick to do. I seriously think about it on this, the working version, in principle, Introducing Already. But I will do a little later, because To make not a hunting well thought-out trailer need time.
Thanks for the feedback!

Rep: (165)
Purchased in iTunes.

I'll tell you what to expect from the program.

First, you should not expect special accuracy. Under ideal conditions, using sliding along a flat plane, a distance of 25 cm gives an error of +/- 1 cm, and from a distance of 1.5 m (television size) - the error is already about 2-3 cm.

Secondly, the measurement will begin with the exact positioning of the phone on the surface on all 3rd corners. During movement, if at least one of the angles to fill into several degrees, then the measurement will not end until the phone is not fully aligned in space, which entails the error by 10-20%.

Thirdly, you need to be prepared for the fact that when declared 4% of the error (this is the perfectly level surface), you will have to slide the phone along the measured surface, which entails the imminent scratch of the phone. If you measure without sliding, the angles in the spatial arrangement of the phone are automatically falling, which entails the error no longer, and all 10-20%.

Fourth, strongly affects the uniformity of the measurement rate. Acceleration or deceleration strongly affect the result.

Conclusion: The program will not be able to replace a ruler or transportation due to many objective and subjective factors. With it, it is possible to obtain only approximate dimensions, and in most cases, much more than 4%.

P.S. Thanks to the author for the works. Insufficient measurement accuracy is not its flawless, since the hardware component of the phones does not have the ability to measure the position of the phone in space more accurately. But the rockets use hyroplatforms at the speed of rotation of the gyroscope engines of more than 30,000 rpm, so the error of 200 km is about 10 m.

Thanks for the feedback!
First, I would like to say, in no case should not slide the phone on the surface, it needs to be taken and transferred. The slide has washed away to do only at very short distances, about 20 cm. In other cases, the slip leads to a deterioration in the result.

Then I did not quite understand, about the positioning of the phone. So that the phone has finished the measurement, it should be simply in a fixed state. Actually, it should be in such a state and at the start. If you take measurements on weight, then either the error will be very large, or the phone will not be able to complete the measurements at all. Measurements can be done with any positioning of the phone - apparently, you did not figure it out with the program to the end, but as already mentioned, the instruction is not perfect from her. I repeat: the phone should be fixed at the beginning and at the end. When measuring the distance near the meter of the measurement series, the error is almost always less than 1 cm (1%).

As for the measurement of the diagonal of the TV, the problem here is that it is very difficult to attach the phone in one diagonal (so that it is still) and then to another. The main thing is the face of the phone must be accurately directed along the dimension line. This is also not easy to achieve, unless you do a diagonal line with a marker. I never managed to come up with a way to attach a phone to the TV to take the diagonal from him.

For acceleration. You just need to transfer the phone smoothly, not very fast and not very slow, any jerk - accuracy will be worse.

Completely, this program will not be able to replace the roulette, but quite accurately give an approximate assessment - will be able.

Try to make measurements, taking into account what I wrote and unsubscribe, please in this topic.

Thanks again for the feedback.

P.S. If what I wrote here is not clear, I am ready to take a small video on this topic with explanations.

Post has been editedBilir - 02.09.13, 00:01
Reason for editing: addition

Rep: (165)
BILIR,

Indeed, for the best measurement indicators, you must first put the phone at the starting point, transfer it, and then put it again at the end point (and I performed the phone on the surface).

P.S. The only one, it is desirable to be able to put a phone for two points, at the beginning and at the end of the measurements (which is not always possible), otherwise "on the weight" you need to hold a fixed phone that does not always work.

I will try to make a video tonight, where it will be seen that the program can, and, most importantly, which is not able. Most I do not want it to cause disappointment from users.

Flying Ruler. Introductory instructions in Russian.

I apologize, tried to make faster, did without installation.

I hope most questions will be removed. But if questions remained, ask in this topic.

Rep: (0)
Looked tutorial! All in my opinion it is extremely clear (though it is a pity that they were not demonstrated in the line 2 and 3 ways). If I immediately saw such a video, it was not necessary to spend a lot of time to spend a lot of time;)

The program is really valuable, especially when it turns out to use it ... But for some reason I do not like the photo button. It really does not work or only I have it so (like a request for permission / prohibition of access to photos I did not give)?

PSBILIR, Do you plan to add an equally important thing when measurements as the level? I think it will be very convenient to have it in one application, rather than downloading something else: yes2:

Post has been editeddirectorgeneral - 03.09.13, 09:23

directorgeneral,
Thanks for the feedback.
In order:
1. Affectively, that there was no instruction in Russian - this is my miscalculation. In the new update for the Russian language there will be a link to this video
2. The button is available if the waist of the promotion is lit. The photo button will be available if there is a value of at least one of the indicators. I guess you used the line and did not make a mark on it after measurement.
3. As for the level, of course, thoughts were. But I plan to do it not in the nearest updates. In addition, experiments are needed. It is likely that the calibration for a level may imply use the present level (information has emerged that in some copies of the chip accelerometer is not exactly), for this reason, many levels are very criticized.
Thanks again for the feedback!

Friends, promotionalists will appear only at the next update. With each update, there are 50 pieces of development, this is for information if anyone else knew. At the same time, almost all of them go to journalists who make reviews. After the update, I distributes at least 5 pieces here.

Those who got promotion - a big request to unsubscribe in themes, this applies not only to my topic, because each promo force is a potential review =). Thanks.

Rep: (107)
The program really liked! At first, I also slipped the phone over the surface, but after the video everything became clearer and easier! I did not think that the phone can be done like this)
Quite accurate data for "fast" measurements!

UV Such a review is a gorgeous rolled and all stood up to hell: Rofl: I am a shock I write a second time without enthusiasm, the program is super all the other gyro-lifehaki from the appstore far behind. Immediately to the requirements:
I want a web cloth to the whole screen in the normal line mode (and not as now only on the side edge) with a transparent button start, for example
No longer to complain about what, but there is a couple of questions:
Optimization. Softtina itself determines which device and in the mode "from the end to the end" uses its dimensions accordingly?
Why was it possible to make the option of the thickness of the cover to 0.1mm?)) Iphone is not a caliper, and who already adhered duck can remove bulky covers of aka holy ears)

Nik12_zonda,
Thanks for the feedback and such a good assessment!
Now, in order.
1. The line mode also implies that to improve accuracy, you need to fix the value on it and also count the average value for greater accuracy. Therefore, two indicators are needed. This is why the ruler is only with the edge. In general, with that concept, as now, I'm not going to change the design yet.
2. Yes, the program determines on which device it is running, in other modes, except for the ruler not to do.
3. Everything is simple: the left value is 0, the right value - it was necessary to choose something, I chose 6.4 mm - this is a quarter of an inches. Changing the thickness smoothly, because It is understood that it is done without looking at the meaning, but looking at the image of the thickness, because It visually corresponds to real size.

George Colton,
Thanks for the nice feedback!
Slip, by the way, gives better the result if the dimensions of the measured object up to 20 cm. However, I still do not recommend this, because Most likely, the lower part will be very grazed sooner or later. Only if in the case.

Post has been editedBilir - 03.09.13, 22:12
Reason for editing: Correction

There was an update.
I distribute another 5 promotional plates, provided that you will leave a small objective review in this topic.

Rep: (2)
Became the owner of this program. Many thanks to the author for facilitating the bundle of my keys from the roulette, for because of their activities, measurements have to do quite often. The program is simple and understandable to everyone from the pensioner to Pioneer, my seven-year grandson with ease figured out with the functionality of visiting the video instruction. There are not big flaws in measurements, but in general the program is not very bad. A special respect to the author for the ability to remove the measured object, which is very convenient. Good luck to the author! We are waiting for new updates and new useful programs!

Post has been editedboizik - 15.09.13, 07:01

Thanks for the feedback!
I want to note that the arrows on the photo can be moved, thereby showing more accurate boundary of the measured object.

Sent Promotor in PM. In general, the point of just in it was to first get a promotion, then write a review. By the way, another promotion remained.

All distributed and even more. The next distribution in the next update (it is soon preparing updates for iOS7).

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 23.11.20, 12:26