> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Gigabyte Aku A1 - Discussion | Smartphone 4.5 "

Rep: (517)
DiscussionGigabyte Aku A1
PictureGigabyte Aku A1
Description| DiscussionпїЅ | Firmware | Gigabyte Aku A1 Owners Club | Games

• Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Specifications
Platform Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
CPU 1.2GHz quad-core
Display 4.5 ”, 854 x 480 pixels (FWVGA)
Dimensions / Weight 136 x 67 x 12.35 mm / 147.7g (with Battery)
Battery Li-ion 2000mAh
SIM Card Slot Dual sim
Standby / Talk Time 333hrs / 5hrs
Internal Memory ROM 4GB / RAM 1GB
External Memory microSD, up to 32GB
USB Micro usb
Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n
Bluetooth
Bluetooth 3.0
Network GSM / GPRS / EDGE / WCDMA / HSPA / HSDPA: 7.2Mbps; HSUPA: 5.76Mbps
GPS GPS, AGPS
Messaging SMS, MMS, E-Mail
FM FM Radio
Camera 5.0MP with AF & LED Flash Light / 0.3MP Front Camera
Video format MP4 / 3GPP / H.264
Audio format MP3 / WAV / MIDI / AAC
Sensors G-Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor
Video Review # 1
Video Review # 2
Video Review # 3
Instructions
How to remove the message "Data service is locked" from the status bar
How to remove the message "Data service is locked" from the status bar"Temporarily"
Instructions for installing the official firmware
Getting root rights
How to make the switching of tracks volume rocker
Additionally
A source of information
1. In order for the item "for developers" to appear in the settings, go to the settings-about the phone-build number and click on it 5-7 times, the number of clicks in the reverse order will be displayed, after which the inscription "you become a developer" will appear and the settings will appear this item.
2. To enter the engineering menu, dial the number*#*#3646633#*#*

Firmware
miscellanea
Unique Beeline

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedAlexanderL - 10.05.18, 23:56
Reason for editing: Edit

Rep: (1)
Android version 4.2.1
Sansor more sensitive than the Gigabyte GSmart Maya M1 v2
The screen is worse (not IPS and smaller resolution)
Battery lasts longer.
The fact that there is a stripped-down version of the processor is not noticeable, for this device with a head.
JPS understandable media library, why would he be different?
The camera is simpler. Audibility is the same.
As if the poor relative of Gigabyte GSmart Maya M1 v2))

Well, I'm on 202+ with GPS, everything is fine, although it may be great because this is my first android. But when I drove in the car, I checked it on purpose, showed everything clearly! Even noticed how fast trams we go! Somewhere I read with a brown eye that on Maya, on the second sim card, audibility is bad, is it also okay or is everything normal?

Rep: (5)
Silver9372 @ 08.28.2013, 18:56*
Android version 4.2.1Sensor is more sensitive than Gigabyte GSmart Maya M1 v2 Worse (not IPS and smaller resolution) other? The camera is simpler. Audibility is the same. As a poor relative of Gigabyte GSmart Maya M1 v2))

And as a user who can access both devices, can you advise Aku, or do you recommend Maya?
Given that the camera for me does not matter much, and the fact that the battery holds more is a big plus for me. And I only care about the fact that there is TFT and not IPS, respectively, I fear for visibility, and so on.

At one time, I chose between 1362 and 202 and it was the IPS screen that became the decisive factor, but then the 202+ appeared and the choice became obvious. And here the diagonal, RAM and android 4.2 beckons

X_Falkone_X @ 08.28.2013, 22:21*
At one time, I chose between 1362 and 202 and it was the IPS screen that became the decisive factor, but then the 202+ appeared and the choice became obvious. And here the diagonal, RAM and android 4.2 beckons

I also watched 202+ earlier, but then Maya appeared, and then another 4 nuclear Maya, and now Aku ... And by design I like it more. True, I recently visited the off-site gigabyte site, a new product appeared there, some kind of 2-core, Tula, or something like that.

The difference is $ 35. However small, but no cover. Plus May is thinner and more modern. And of course the screen is worse.
I practically do not use the camera myself, but for the rest, there is no functional difference.
IMHO if it were not for the screen I would advise aku, as well as May.

Rep: (2)
Is the screen on aku so bad? All the same, it looks very nice and the price is sweet. I really did not want the firmware glitches! And so the price-quality is perfect. And at the expense of the processor, it is not much different, only in not supporting fullHD video.

renders

Attached images
Attached Image

Hmm, I'm not complaining about the screen, it was up to ak gf 202+, for me aku conveys more pleasant color, just pleased with the mineral glass.
The touch did not cause any complaints, although at 202 I had sticking touches ... auto brightness does not play smoothly, everything is clearly visible in the sun.
He sits nicely in his hand, the system works smartly, there were no glitches.
Toys draws perfectly everything flies, the only thing I didn’t like was the quiet multimedia speaker ...
And since I got the phone at the wholesale price, it justifies the money invested, the phone song suits me.

Post has been editedkrounkloun - 29.08.13, 10:43

Rep: (251)
Krounkloun @ 08/29/2013, 10:37*
Hmm, I'm not complaining about the screen, it was up to ak gf 202+, for me aku conveys more pleasant color, just pleased with the mineral glass.
The touch did not cause any complaints, although at 202 I had sticking touches ... auto brightness does not play smoothly, everything is clearly visible in the sun.
He sits nicely in his hand, the system works smartly, there were no glitches.
Toys draws perfectly everything flies, the only thing I didn’t like was the quiet multimedia speaker ...
And since I got the phone at the wholesale price, it justifies the money invested, the phone song suits me.

What about the front camera? Can I have a couple of photos? Is the video bad?

Post has been editedkbm113 - 29.08.13, 15:29

krounkloun and what about skype? video and sound standards? And then in Maya they said that the owner of the apartment is not heard at all.

And also, how does the button illumination work? and whether it is at all. And then in the video compared to Maya, on Maya, the buttons glowed, but on the ak there is not.
xs maybe there turned off, but still better to ask.

Post has been editedPol4i - 29.08.13, 20:05

A couple of photos from the front camera ..
Attached Image
Attached Image

Photo test Antutu
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Sorry for not quoting, for some reason the java script does not plow ...

P.s. I can't give you an answer about skype.

krounkloun Thank you very much for the images) sorry with the camera really nothing and not visible, maybe in the daytime you should click a couple of frames)
Antutu is almost the same as Maya, the difference is unlikely to feel)

And so what about the backlit buttons? And what kind of flash drive is it worth? 32GB, 10kl?
And about how much all the same keeps the charge?

Rep: (157)
Well, since no one answered what firmware number from the box, then catch what I have for now.
Firmware 1.27.06
I did not try to install it because I do not own this smart card.
Firmware downloaded from the official ftp.
For doubters, here are the starting lines of the build.prop file:
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id = JOP40D
ro.build.display.id=Aku_A1_V1.27.06@GSmart
ro.build.version.incremental = eng.pub5.1372755268
ro.custom.build.version = MD501_GIGABYTE_E1A_V0.4.4_S0702
ro.build.version.sdk = 17
ro.build.version.codename = REL
ro.build.version.release = 4.2.1
ro.build.date = Tue Jul 2 16:56:15 CST 2013
ro.build.date.utc = 1372755375
ro.build.type = user
ro.build.user = pub5
ro.build.host = linux-compiler-04
ro.build.tags = release-keys
ro.product.model = GSmart Aku A1
ro.product.brand = GSmart
ro.product.name = Aku_A1
ro.product.device = Aku_A1
ro.product.board = Aku_A1
ro.product.cpu.abi = armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2 = armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer = GIGABYTE
ro.product.locale.language = en
ro.product.locale.region = US
ro.wifi.channels =
ro.board.platform =
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product = Aku_A1
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description = Aku_A1-user 4.2.1 release-keys JOP40D eng.pub5.1372755268
ro.build.fingerprint = GSmart / Aku_A1 / Aku_A1: 4.2.1 / JOP40D / 1372755268: user / release-keys
ro.build.flavor =
ro.build.characteristics = default
# end build properties

Well, since no one answered what firmware number from the box, then catch what I have for now.
Firmware 1.27.06
I did not try to install it because I do not own this smart card.
Firmware downloaded from the official ftp.
For doubters, here are the starting lines of the build.prop file:
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id = JOP40D
ro.build.display.id=Aku_A1_V1.27.06@GSmart
ro.build.version.incremental = eng.pub5.1372755268
ro.custom.build.version = MD501_GIGABYTE_E1A_V0.4.4_S0702
ro.build.version.sdk = 17
ro.build.version.codename = REL
ro.build.version.release = 4.2.1
ro.build.date = Tue Jul 2 16:56:15 CST 2013
ro.build.date.utc = 1372755375
ro.build.type = user
ro.build.user = pub5
ro.build.host = linux-compiler-04
ro.build.tags = release-keys
ro.product.model = GSmart Aku A1
ro.product.brand = GSmart
ro.product.name = Aku_A1
ro.product.device = Aku_A1
ro.product.board = Aku_A1
ro.product.cpu.abi = armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2 = armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer = GIGABYTE
ro.product.locale.language = en
ro.product.locale.region = US
ro.wifi.channels =
ro.board.platform =
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product = Aku_A1
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description = Aku_A1-user 4.2.1 release-keys JOP40D eng.pub5.1372755268
ro.build.fingerprint = GSmart / Aku_A1 / Aku_A1: 4.2.1 / JOP40D / 1372755268: user / release-keys
ro.build.flavor =
ro.build.characteristics = default
# end build properties

A couple of posts above threw screenshots of the antutu there is the number of the firmware assembly, it is identical to yours.

PoL4i @ 08.29.2013, 21:23*
krounkloun Thank you very much for the images) sorry with the camera really nothing and not visible, maybe in the daytime you should click a couple of frames)
Antutu is almost the same as Maya, the difference is unlikely to feel)

And so what about the backlit buttons? And what kind of flash drive is it worth? 32GB, 10kl?
And about how much all the same keeps the charge?

the buttons below the display light up when you touch them, they burn for about 10 seconds. The backlight draws them evenly. Yes, the flash drive is exactly the same, and about the battery this morning I charged 100% listened to music almost all day at medium volume, I played a toy for a long time and had telephone conversations and now I sit with it I am writing this post 40% charge level I think this is normal in principle.

Rep: (18)
Good day to all! So I became the happy owner of this device, before that there was a fly 441 in comparison with him the body is much faster. While there are no glitches noticed, everything works fine, only one question has arisen - is stereo written in the video sound properties and then where is the second microphone?

Rep: (157)
Krounkloun @ 08/30/2013, 10:36 PM*
A couple of posts above threw screenshots of the antutu there is the number of the firmware assembly, it is identical to yours.

Did not notice :)
In any case, if there is a firmware that can be flashed, then you can not be afraid and try to make a smart CWM or something else and not be afraid as there is an option for flashing.

Rep: (18)
Guys and how to increase the volume in the ears?

Guys and how to increase the volume in the ears?

Go to the topic with Maya, there are 2 engineering menus there, and you can dig into them, maybe it will work on Aku.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/07/19, 14:51