296 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Asus RT-N66u - Discussion | [wifirouter] Discussion, firmware, problem solving
ctich
Message#1
10.09.14, 15:06
Guru
[offline]

Group: Moderators
Messages 14789
Check in: 04.05.09
Apple iPhone 7

Asus RT-N66U - Discussion

Overview:
Stylish router with support for Wi-Fi 802.11n and Gigabit Ethernet

• Supports two frequency bands (2.4 and 5 GHz) to provide a total data transfer rate of up to 900 Mbps;
• Gigabit Ethernet wired ports;
• System of offline download of files Download Master;
• Powerful removable antennas provide a large wireless coverage area;
• Two USB ports;
• Convenient graphical interface.

Excellent performance and flexible settings
RT-N66U is a modern wireless router designed for demanding applications (online games, streaming video in high definition formats, file sharing). Operating in two frequency bands at once (2.4 and 5 GHz), the RT-N66U is capable of providing a total wireless bandwidth of 900 Mbit / s. Numerous functions of this device are available through a convenient interface that does not seem difficult even to inexperienced users.

Dual frequency support for wireless networks
Due to the possibility of simultaneous operation in two frequency bands (2.4 and 5 GHz) with a speed of 450 Mbps in each, the RT-N66U provides a total data transfer rate over the wireless network at the level of 900 Mbps.

Increased wireless coverage
The ASUS Ai Radar technology provides improved Wi-Fi network coverage without increasing power consumption. By intelligently determining the location of the connected devices, the RT-N66U converts a weak omnidirectional signal to a strong unidirectional, which provides a higher data transfer rate.
Simple setup procedure
Setting up the RT-N66U is an extremely easy and simple process. Just turn on the router, connect the necessary cables to it and open the web browser on any device with Wi-Fi, for example, a laptop or tablet computer. In the configuration page that opens, you need to enter the username and password provided by your ISP - and the router itself establishes a connection to the Internet!

Powerful functionality and easy administration
A convenient interface and special “wizards” of settings make it easy to configure the RT-N66U according to the user's needs. Even beginners can easily set up an Internet connection or network printer.

Optimize network bandwidth usage
The Quality of Service (QoS) feature implemented in the RT-N66U router allows you to specify the priority of bandwidth usage of an Internet channel by various applications.

Two USB ports
The RT-N66U has two USB ports that can be used for a wide variety of applications. For example, by connecting an external hard disk to them, you can download files without using a computer. It is also possible to create a network print server based on a USB-compatible printer.

Offline file download
Built-in offline download system Download Master allows you to download files from the Internet to a USB-connected external hard drive without using a computer.

Support up to 300 thousand connections simultaneously
Support for up to 300,000 simultaneous connections means that the RT-N66U will provide high performance when downloading multiple files in parallel.

Multiple wireless networks simultaneously
With the help of RT-N66U, you can organize up to three wireless networks in both the 2.4 GHz band and the 5 GHz band, and for each indicate individual access rights and the priority to use the bandwidth of the common Internet channel.

VPN server
For secure Internet access, you can run a VPN server using MPPE encryption.

A photo:
Attached ImageAttached Image
Attached Image
Characterize:
Supported Network Standards
IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IPv4, IPv6
Data rate
802.11a: 6,9,12,18,24,36,48,54Mbps
802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11Mbps
802.11g: 6,9,12,18,24,36,48,54Mbps
802.11n: up to 450Mbps
Antenna
Detachable antenna x 3
Operating Frequency
2.4G ~ 2.4835GHz /5.1~5.8GHz
Encryption
64-bit WEP, 128-bit WEP, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise, WPA2-Enterprise, WPS support
Firewall & Access Control
Firewall: SPI intrusion detection, DoS protection
Access control: Parental control, Network service filter, URL filter, Port filter
Management
UPnP, DLNA, DNS Proxy, DHCP, NTP Client, DDNS, Port Triger, Virtual Server, DMZ
VPN support
Ipsec pass-throuth
PPTP Pass-Through
L2TP Pass-Through
WAN Connection Type
Internet connection type: Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE (MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP
Dual Link support
Multicast Proxy support
Utilities
.Download master
- support BT, NZB, HTTP, ED2K
- support encryption, DHT, PEX and magnet link
- upload and download bandwidth control
- download scheduling

.Media server:
Image: JPEG
Audio: mp3, wma, wav, pcm, mp4, lpcm, ogg
Video: asf, avi, divx, mpeg, mpg, ts, vob, wmv, mkv, mov

.QoS:
WMM
User definable rules for IP / MAC / Port. Upload and Download bandwidth management.
ACK / SYN / FIN / RST / ICMP with Highest priority

.Guest Network
2.4GHz guest network x 3, 5GHz guest network x 3

.Printer Server: multifunctional printer support (Windows nly), LPR protocol support

.File server: Samba and FTP server with account management

.PPTP VPN server

.Network map

.Traffic monitor
Ports
4 x RJ45 for 10/100/1000 / Gigabits BaseT for LAN, 1 x RJ45 for 10/100/1000 / Gigabits BaseT for WAN, Support Ethernet and 802.3 with max. bit rate 10/100/1000 / Gigabits Mbps and auto cross-over function (MDI-X)
USB 2.0 x 2
Button
WPS Button, Reset Button, Power Button
Led indicator
LAN x 4
WAN x 1
AIR x 2
USB x 1
Power supply
AC Input: 110V ~ 240V (50 ~ 60Hz)
DC Output: 19 V with max. 1.58 A current
Dimensions
207 x 148.8 x 35.5 mm (WxDxH)
Weight
450 g
Completion
RT-N66U wireless router
Stand
RJ-45 cable
Power adapter
Warranty card
Quick start guide

useful links

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links, or through QMS.

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 10.12.18, 10:57
Reason for editing: Message No. 5410, author N-e61
godman
Message#42
10.05.14, 06:17
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 3
Check in: 10.11.08
HTC HD7

I tried.
I put a fresh original firmware. I reset it to the default settings and set it up.
In the logs of the router, I did not see the polling one.
VirSource
Message#43
13.05.14, 11:31
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 235
Check in: 06.08.12
Apple iPhone X

"New Question" I am the owner of this router. The first 3 months he worked with a bang, but then xp * bx happened. It normally turns on after 3 times with a random key combination, and then, a reset occurs. And if it does not turn on, then the turn-on light flashes quickly. What's wrong with him?

--------------------
tired of paying as much pounds
and still tired of walking with your old nickname
For the abusive hieroglyph is it not banned?
Aleksey8712
Message#44
27.06.14, 19:11
User
[offline]

Messages 81
Check in: 08.01.14
Xiaomi Redmi 4X 3/32

Hello,
Connoisseurs and owners of this router, tell me how to make different Wi-Fi networks on different channels on it?
lostondaweb
Message#45
30.06.14, 13:48
Local
[offline]

Messages 185
Check in: 14.09.10
Oneplus 5 8/128

good day

Does anyone use IPTV via wifi from this router? QWERTY provider

Well, I just can not beat the settings (on the netgear jnr2000 everything worked with small sags and without any special settings)
the qwerty forum has a setup guideproper instruction
but I need no prefix, directly.

it is necessary that the telly understand and show (LG smart)
and comp by IPTV Playerplayerwell or something else

share your experience plz
pasha_550
Message#46
30.06.14, 14:37
VZHYK!
[offline]

Messages 9277
Check in: 31.07.07
Fujitsu-Siemens Loox C550

* lostondaweb it?

--------------------
Posted in HP without asking - was blacklisted.
xxx: a Google abolished or religion does not allow?
yyy: Google is the Matrix, the less you ask it, the weaker the machines will be during the Great Battle
lostondaweb
Message#47
30.06.14, 14:52
Local
[offline]

Messages 185
Check in: 14.09.10
Oneplus 5 8/128

* pasha_550

Yes Yes
so everything is worth

at home I recheck again

Now in tyrnetah found that the port can try to put 1234

upd

did not work .. continue to study asusforum

Post has been editedlostondaweb - 01.07.14, 11:59
Pester
Message#48
02.08.14, 11:48
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1469
Check in: 28.04.12
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 4/64

Hmm .. Such a thing .. Throwing torrents, being at work throughTransmission GUI. But, if a firewall is enabled in the router - the program refuses to connect, if you turn it off - everything is ok.
Attached Image

How to make the program work with the firewall enabled? And recently he had a bitter experience - left dns was registered in the settings of the router, and advertising banners got out on the whole LAN (computer, smartphones, TV set) ..
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
Motorola C115 ->Samsung SGH x120 ->Sony Ericsson K600 ->Sony Ericsson K750i ->Sony Ericsson C902 ->Nokia 5530 ->Galaxy S II GT-I9100 ->Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 ->Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 / 8.1.0-ROS_8.12.6 (Arb4)
N3CRO88
Message#49
21.08.14, 21:24
Local
[offline]

Messages 147
Check in: 24.11.13
Motorola DROID Turbo

Guys, who will tell, the situation is as follows: the router got used \, the origin is unknown. It doesn’t seem to be a computer at all, "the network cable is not connected", it is clear that it doesn’t respond. When the lan port is connected, the indicator does not blink, when turned on, the van is the same. Who faced the similar?
PS: Charging is universal, not native, maybe because of this?
carlo21
Message#50
29.08.14, 12:37
Local
[offline]

Messages 231
Check in: 07.09.08
Lenovo P770

Good day.

For several years, the router served faithfully. And suddenly - only lan 2 works - - the remaining lan ports do not even glow when the cable is connected. Installed on the factory dumped. I ask the most recent one (from Merlin) to install the same.

Is it possible to do something programmatically? Or just repair ?. what else to look before repair.?

Thank.
wita74
Message#51
01.09.14, 19:10
Local
[offline]

Messages 195
Check in: 15.12.08
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 4/64

Hello. Help solve the problem which is this:
1 router asus rt n66 u; firmware last 3.0.0.4.376.1071 connected external drive with file system ntfs. Disk utility detects disk errors. I pulled out and checked on the PC - there were no errors, I formatted checked it inserted into the router and again errors appear
I did it in ext3, there are no errors, but I can’t delete files via ftp, although the rights are all set. It’s possible to delete only through samba. But since I mostly come with ios, there are no file managers with samba support.
I did it again in ntfs, put in and again errors (((
What trouble can there be? The router was reflashing, the disk was reformatted and wired by various utilities on pc-errors were not.
serch2000
Message#52
02.09.14, 23:03
User
[offline]

Messages 51
Check in: 30.05.06

Errors shows figs with them. Works, did not pay attention.
But here the problem described above recently suddenly fell like snow on the head.
Transmission stopped connecting, disconnecting the brandmaur does not help, and it seems that the built-in rocking chair also stopped working, it seems to be starting to swing and the bang resets. : (((
Tomorrow I will try to format the screw in ext3 and once again reinstall everything on the router.
But it is not clear where the legs of the problem, the screw or what else ...
serch2000
Message#53
03.09.14, 14:59
User
[offline]

Messages 51

Alas, formatting in ext3 did not remove the error message. :(
Maybah2012
Message#54
07.09.14, 18:23
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 14
Check in: 07.09.14

Hello!
about errors on the disk in EXT3 - I think the point is in the firmware 3.0.0.4.376_1071 (I tried to correct it - Linux writes no errors) .... it adds statistics and, when errors occur, the router's percentage is 100% up. The same bug with NTFS, empty disk - file system errors. I check the computer - no errors. It is difficult to say how the router behaves on the previous version of the firmware (there are no statistics there), but I think the same thing is hanging ... minus that the disks do not complain about an error. I translated the disk to NTFS - at first everything was fine and then I started complaining again about errors in fs. I tried to correct - there are no errors. Only full disc format.
I am interested in another question, how are you friends with the USB disk with the N66U router right away? After the format of the disk, my router sees it, but writes it is disabled. A dance with a tambourine helps to connect it ... first I turn it on to another asus route N10U, it detects it, writes a list of files on it, and after I turn it on to N66U, it’s only that the route sees the NTFS disk. How do you do it? Maybe my route is broken?
serch2000
Message#55
09.09.14, 02:49
User
[offline]

Messages 51

I initially saw everything at once and worked normally for several months. And then bang, errors and format does not help.
Alternative firmware shows a more detailed log, there swears on the Superblock, if not confused. It needs to be treated like that.
Maybah2012
Message#56
11.09.14, 20:23
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 14
Check in: 07.09.14

yes ... dancing with a tambourine doesn’t help ... really drive locks over time ... writes off write protection ... access via Samba. Garbage full. Manufacturers insist on a USB hub with additional power. It became even worse, the disks fall asleep, fall off. Physically, everything is done correctly, but not technically modified. I still sin on the firmware. Put from Merlin - the same garbage. Very disappointed in U66N. Without carriers it is a simple router with awesome features. More simple and cheap work with a disk without problems and NTFS and EXT3.
He noted a strange feature, he sees the disk but does not give access to it, I put the partition active - everything works. I remove the disk from the router, connect USB2.0 USB2.0 to the laptop, copy files to it, put it back onto the router - everything, the disk is out of access. This Linux writes files to disk (when it is friendly with the router) and writes any changes to these files (I think so) and therefore changes from external sources directly disable the disk. As a result, the mountains will be recovered megabytes only through a router and then the speed is correspondingly low. It takes a lot of time, and in the way it stops copying altogether, the disc is write-protected. In a word, the router is shitty, I bought it for nothing, I will take it and take it away. Just take a workable?
efgen
Message#57
14.09.14, 15:57
Local
[offline]

Messages 102
Check in: 28.05.09
LG G2

Comrades nid help. Suddenly, a web-muzzle and a samba fell off (according to which I watched movies from an external screw). In this case, the Internet distributes normally (comp + phone + tablet). I tried to pull out the power - it did not help ... What to try?

--------------------
Ericsson A2618S ->Siemens M55 ->Siemens C75 ->Sony Ericsson K550i->Mitac Mio A502->HTC Sensation XE->Meizu MX 4-core->LG G2
Krokatan
Message#58
14.09.14, 19:49
a guest
[offline]

Messages 2
Check in: 07.11.10
Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000

Hello ! Help pliz! I bought this device the other day, hooked up and found that it cuts the speed in half. What is on the wire, what is on Wi Fi ......... I tried to install different firmware, it does not help. Has anyone come across? What to do then?
ctich
Message#59
14.09.14, 22:36
Guru
[offline]

Group: Moderators
Messages 14789
Check in: 04.05.09
Apple iPhone 7

that he cuts the speed in half.

How was it tested?

--------------------
Krokatan
Message#60
15.09.14, 21:06
a guest
[offline]

Messages 2
Check in: 07.11.10
Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000

Measured the speed through SPEEDNET to the router and from the router. Yes, there is nothing to measure here - it can be seen with the naked eye, when a video with a resolution of 360 lags and hangs .................... not to mention something heavier .. ......

Post has been editedKrokatan - 15.09.14, 21:10
over2007
Message#61
19.09.14, 12:41
Local
[offline]

Messages 113
Check in: 10.11.12

And what measurement mechanism did you use?

Post has been editedover2007 - 19.09.14, 12:42
Asus

296 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/29/19 12:59