> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Nvidia Shield - Purchase

Rep: (280)
PurchaseNvidia Shield
PictureNvidia Shield Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase
PictureNvidia Shield Tablet Description | Discussion
  • Attention! To ensure greater security of the parcel do not publish the tracking number, index, address to a successful receipt.
  • Before buying readFAQ on buying portable devices abroad.
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Prices and shops:
Official prices:
NVIDIA SHIELD PORTABLE Console - $ 199
Accessories:
2 variants of CARBON FIBER LID and GLOSSY BLACK LID covers for $ 19.99. The console itself has a silver cap.
Case for the console for $ 39.99
Wireless NVIDIA SHIELD Controller - $ 59.99
Accessories on video

The console is no longer produced, so almost never occurs in stores.

Search on Internet sites:
AVITO St. Petersburg
AVITO Moscow
AVITO Russia
Yula
Au
Farpost
Ebay
Ebay(via shopotam.ru)
Amazon
Yandex Market
Aliexpress

Accessories from third-party manufacturers:
Protective case, cables, gamepads, docking stations fromNyko Have a negative review .
Stickers on the screen and body fromSkinomi Advice from lex)
QuadcopterParrot AR.Drone 2.0

Additional information on the use of accessories and their compatibility
More details can be found in the FAQ and descriptions of the updates in the topic header.console discussion.

"Console mode" - allows you to use SHIELD as a prefix for your HDTV at a native resolution of 1920x1080 (1080p). This mode is compatible with wireless Bluetooth joysticks.

What joysticks are compatible with console mode?
We tested some joysticks for compatibility with console mode:
- Nyko PlayPad Pro.
Note: You may need to upgrade to the latest firmware version.
- MOGA Pro, MOGA Pro Power, and MOGA Hero Power.
Note: MOGA joysticks do not have an integrated android Home button
- wired XBOX 360 joystick.
Note: use micro USB to USB OTG adapter for connection.

Which micro USB to USB OTG adapter to use?
The adapter must support USB 2.0. For example, if you want to connect a wired XBOX 360 joystick to SHIELD for use in console mode, you will need such an adapter, since SHIELD has only a micro USB port.

Where can I buy a micro USB to USB OTG adapter?
There are many micro USB to USB OTG adapters available and we tested some of them for compatibility with SHIELD:
- IVSOВ® Nexus 7 Tablet Micro USB Host OTG Cable
- Micro USB to USB OTG Adapter Cable
- StarTech.com 5in Micro USB to USB OTG Host Adapter.

What are the requirements for streaming in console mode at 1080P @ 60 FPS (1920x1080 at 60 frames per second)?
For streaming in console mode with 1080P @ 60 FPS, your computer must meet the following minimum requirements (note: these requirements are slightly higher than for 720P mode):
- video card: GeForce в„ў GTX 660 or better
- Processor: Intel Core i5 or better, or AMD FX 6-Core and better.
- Micro USB Ethernet Adapter for connecting an Ethernet cable from a router to SHIELD.

Where can I buy Micro USB Ethernet Adapter?
There are many adapters on sale. The adapter must have a Micro USB male connector and an Ethernet female connector. We tested the following adapter:
- Gino Micro USB 5 Pin 10/100 Mbps RJ45 LAN Ethernet Adapter for Tablet PC

What are the system requirements for streaming PC games on SHIELD via WiFi?
The main requirements are the presence of a WiFi router and a gaming computer with a GeForce GTX 650 video card or higher. In more detail:
- Graphic processor: GeForce GTX 650 or more powerful "desktop" graphics card (Notebook graphics cards are currently not supported, but there is preliminary information that GeForce GTX 660M and above will be required).
- Central processor: Intel Core i3-2100 3.1GHz or AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz or more powerful.
- RAM: 4GB or more.
- Operating system: Windows 8 or Windows 7.
- Software:GeForce Experience applicationandlatest driversfor the video card.
- Router: 802.11a / g router (minimum). 802.11n dual band router (recommended).

How does streaming games from my computer on SHIELD work?
NVIDIA uses a hardware H.264 encoder built-in video card GeForce GTX 650 or higher for the desktop GPU, along with special software for streaming data to the integrated GeForce experience to broadcast games from your computer to your home network through the SHIELD Wi-fi with ultra-low latency . SHIELD is used as a joystick to screen for with computer games, as well as using steam big picture. This allows players to use the computer gaming experience with a graphics card GeForce GTX anywhere within range of your home network Wi-fi.

Acquisition experience through intermediaries

Post has been editedSanmorin - 06.06.17, 13:05
Reason for editing: Added a link to search ads in Yula, au, farpost

Rep: (0)
Hello all help to find spare parts for Nvidia Shield Screen need sensor and loop can be the top cover completely ....
Generally covered his trail .... But separateness from the screen and the sensor loop and it will not find it is a whole ....
If possible, throw off links or advise .....

Posted on 10/01/2017, 19:41:

If you can communicate on the VC or vatsab and vayber ....
http://vk.com/viktor_92_com

What to look for when buying this console / used condition?

* LeMaxx,
In the console there are several problem areas:
1) Fall screws in place securing the screen cover to the housing. Gamepad console consists of two halves. Check the compression of that there is no backlash. Its presence may indicate problems in the field of fastening screws.
2) failure of the cable going to the screen. Turn on the console and try several times to open and close the screen lid. The screen should not appear outside the imagelike this.
3) After prolonged use ABXY button can start sticky. Ponazhimayte and if they look good return to its original position.

Post has been editedSanmorin - 23.03.17, 22:23

And Nichrome parts to it, not even sranenky trail not to buy. Paragraph.

zzz140 @ 28.05.17, 20:37*
Who knows where you can currently buy a new Nvidia Shield Portable? except ebay even sell it somewhere? and then on ebay something the price is very high

I'm on the Market today, there is a proposal to buy into a coherent
https: //market.yandex....434165916001&nid=54545
https: //market.yandex...ryincluded=0&onstock=1

However, the site of the liaison offer to buy set-top box to the TV and not portativki. Strangely it all, like Yandex error.

Post has been editedSanmorin - 29.05.17, 11:27
Reason for editing: Completed

Rep: (9)
Sanmorin @ 29.05.17, 11:16*
Sanmorin

I also looked at there. unfortunately there is now no more than one store where they sell this console.
the only place where I found and where else is left is ebay, but there prices are very high.

Rep: (1)
and it is necessary from the store? ;)

Rep: (3)
If anyone needed Nvidia Shield Portable ideally with box and papers discussed by the price offered. Moscow.

Rep: (11)
zzz140 @ 29.05.17, 11:54*
I also looked at there. unfortunately there is now no more than one store where they sell this console.

Rejoice, you save yourself the headache that starts when you have it fly. Trash it. her flimsy prices. Current price it is not more than 5 TR

Post has been editedRussiaRuleZzZ - 27.06.17, 11:05

Rep: (76)
Tell matrix is ​​inseparable from the touch screen and the plume that stretches in charge console? , Ie if the torn loop is necessary to change all of the above at once? or loop on both sides with buckles

* Eleman , The loop can not be detached from the screen. This is clearly seen in the photo dismantled console ifixit portal.

* Eleman , a photo https: // d3nevzfk7ii3be ... t / igi / mpZSKgnZNrjl1Z21

Rep: (42)
Hi all, in fact, a few questions to the former and current owners devaysa the rationality of its acquisition.
1. Really it play PC games shnye (of course it's not about updates and games on the middle of 2000. For example, Oblivion, Doom3, Half-Life 2, etc.)? Interested in is offline, ie play directly on the device, without any streaming and cloud.
2. If, nevertheless, the game starts with your PC, what about equivalent in the system requirements beyond? Or is it all marketing husks and pulls it only game, sharpened by ARM.
3. Do emulators consoles Pulls particularly interested in PSX, PSP, Dreamcast, GameCube.
4. Are there many problems with the prefix, is there any pitfalls (well I do not know, maybe it is necessary to convert the game or something like that)?
5. Is it convenient to play at all? Same PSP is significantly lighter and more compact.
6. Is there any revisions that we must look, and get round that?
7. Well, in general, whether it is worth buying in 2018, prices have held near $ 75-100 on the b / y.

At the moment I have a PSP (CFW) / PS Vita (OFW). In general, I do not even satisfied with the game on the PSP (if only it was interesting and no donation) just want more of some flexibility, but not much to lose in the entertainment part. Climb on the next branch, I have an idea that meets devayse marriage, no spare parts, etc. But questions about the above, really did not - most of the information is no longer relevant (for example, a reference to the Dreamcast emulator performance dates back to December 2013). Just want to really weigh everything before purchase, not to understand it was worth it or not when you buy ...

Post has been editedNavok - 20.03.18, 21:53

* Navok,
1. No. Schild has ported for PC games:. Half-Life 2, Portal, etc. Exclusive port only a few pieces.
2. Description of the XBOX 360 or below.
3. Draws, those that under the OpenGL ES 2.0. Of these, GameCube does not work on Schield form.
4. It is worth pure Android version 5. Games are set as usual from Google pleya or APK files from the cache. Shield - this is perhaps the most convenient device on android games, but old.
5. Play is convenient. Only uncomfortable lying on the back, while sitting and standing at the time.
6. No. With regard to marriage is written in the topic of discussion.
7. The device is quite old. If you find one in good condition and cheap, it can be taken. But newer games do not count for him, after all, already 4,5 years have passed since the release.

Nvidia Shield - Discussion
All infa on Shield's pretty old. But since then, especially, nothing has changed. Almost everything works as before, some games are missing from Google pleya. New, those that under the OpenGL ES 3.0 - compatible.
Many emulators, games for android's 2013-2015 run.
We can not say better than the Shield will PSP (CFW) or PS Vita, it is likely they will add, at the expense of advanced features.

Rep: (27)
* Navok,
is the usual android device Nick games from the PC to their original form there is, there are those that have ported and no more. Alternatively toyzhe Vita - well moot point: Shield harder the games are not particularly clear up, just as the android device - it is not convenient to watch movies because of the form factor, the exact same problem with the internet and social networks, it is possible, but keep and poke at the screen is not very convenient to transport. the device is almost unique but meaningless, fit games on it from those that are ported to the PC - Fahrenheit, jade empire, half-life 2, and the rest run on any other android. In short it is this very kind of purchase, may be better GPD XD watch, it seems newer and easier, less heated

Rep: (42)
* Sanmorin , * daimon86 , Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts. After long thinking - I have decided to withdraw from the purchase. Very niche device support from the manufacturer at the moment is not, and even with low liquidity. IMHO, a bunch of tablet + gamepad - will be functional, albeit a bit expensive. So if you and I will take Shield, only if someone will pour on the device absolutely ridiculous price.

I again about sad known purchase consoles on Amazon for $ 149. Money I have long back and today again, without my knowledge, cancellation of the card 12,99 $ Amazon Prime !!! which I naturally did not sign! Who else was it?

sergeyk-80 @ 06/02/19, 10:49*
about the sad famous purchase consoles on Amazon for $ 149

You probably here -NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV - Purchase

* sergeyk-80 ,
Unsubscribe ... If you have time in three days - the money returned

* swoosh81 ,
Back $ 12.99

Full version    

Help     rules