23 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> D-Link DSL-2640U - Discussion | [adslmodem] [wifirouter] Discussion, configuration, problem solving
ctich
Message#1
05.01.15, 18:52
Guru
[offline]

Group: Moderators
Messages 14971
Check in: 04.05.09
Apple iPhone 7

D-Link DSL-2640U - Discussion

A photo:
Attached Image
Attached Image

Description:
ADSL port and 4-port switch
The router is equipped with an ADSL port for connecting to an ADSL line. The built-in 4-port router switch allows you to connect computers equipped with Ethernet adapters, game consoles and other devices to your network. In addition, any Ethernet port of the device can be used to connect to a dedicated Ethernet line.

Security
The universal wireless router DSL-2640U / NRU is equipped with a built-in firewall. Advanced security features help minimize the effects of hackers and prevent intrusions into your network and access to unwanted sites for users of your local network.

Wireless interface
Using the DSL-2640U / NRU universal wireless router, you can quickly organize a wireless network at home and in the office, which will allow your employees or members of your family to connect to the wireless network practically at any point (within the coverage area of ​​the wireless network). The router can act as a base station to connect 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n * devices to a wireless network.
The device supports several security standards (WEP, WPA / WPA2), filtering connected devices by MAC-address, and also allows the use of WPS technology.

Setup and Management
A simple and convenient built-in web interface (available in several languages) is used to control and configure the DSL-2640U / NRU universal wireless router.
Specifications:
Specifications:
Interfaces
• ADSL: 1 port with RJ-11 connector
• LAN: 4 10 / 100BASE-TX Ethernet ports with RJ-45 connector with automatic MDI / MDIX polarity detection
• WLAN: built-in wireless 802.11b, g and n draft interface

Wireless network
• IEEE 802.11n standard, compatible with IEEE 802.11b / g standard devices
• guest wireless network support
• WEP encryption
• WPA / WPA2 encryption technology with TKIP, AES and TKIP + AES mechanisms
• MAC address based wireless access
• PIN and PBC WPS functions
• Advanced settings

ADSL Standards
• ADSL: multi-mode, ANSI T1.413 Issue 2, ITU-T G.992.1 (G.dmt) Annex A, ITU-T G.992.2 (G.lite) Annex A, ITU-T G.994.1 (G .hs)
• ADSL2: ITU-T G.992.3 (G.dmt.bis) Annex A / L / M, ITU-T G.992.4 (G.lite.bis) Annex A
• ADSL2 +: ITU-T G.992.5 Annex A / L / M

Types of WAN Connections
ADSL:
• PPPoA
• PPPoE
• IPoE
• IPoA
• Bridge
Ethernet:
• Static IP
• DHCP
• PPPoE

ATM / PPP protocols
• Ethernet encapsulation in bridge and router modes
• VC / LLC based multiplexing
• ATM Forum UNI3.1 / 4.0 PVC (up to 8 PVC)
• ATM type 5 adaptation layer (AAL5)
• Principles and functions of OAM ITU-T I.610, including F4 / F5 loopback
• ATM QoS
• PPP over ATM (RFC 2364)
• PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE)
• Keep-alive support for PPP protocols

Network Protocols and Functions
• Static IP Routing
• NAT mechanism
• DHCP server / client / relay
• DNS relay
• Dynamic DNS (DDNS)
• UPnP
• VLAN support
• IGMP proxy

Firewall and Access Control
• NAT Firewall
• Connection Status Monitoring (SPI)
• Filtering by MAC addresses based on the time of day and days of the week
• URL filter
• Packet Filtering (IP / ICMP / TCP / UDP)
• Virtual servers
• Prevent DoS Attacks
• Intrusion Detection and Event Logging System
• DMZ security technology
• Port Triggering Support

QoS
• interface grouping
• 3 priority queues

Setup and Management
• Web-based configuration and management interface in multiple languages.
• Updating the internal software of the router through the web-interface
• Save and load configuration
• Support remote logging
• SNMP agent
• Automatic synchronization of system time with NTP server

Physical parameters
Nutrition
• External power adapter
• ON / OFF power switch
• ON / OFF wireless switch
• Reset button to return to factory default settings.
• WPS button

* Maximum wireless speed is limited by the chipset to 65 Mbit / s
Useful links:

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Post has been editedctich - 14.05.17, 13:36
Reason for editing: Assigning a LAN as a WAN
Uchetno
Message#2
31.07.13, 13:13
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 125
Check in: 27.06.13
LG Spirit

Help make the DSL-2640U distribute the Internet. I set up access to the Internet, but the laptop wi-fi either does not see or wi-fi is not included.

--------------------
This is a signature.
koordinator
Message#3
31.07.13, 15:05
Giant nightjar
[offline]

Messages 2032
Check in: 18.08.08
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro

Uchetnonot enough information somehow, screenshots of settings in the studio ...
Here's a little more:http://tvoy-wifi.ru/d-link/d-link-dsl-2640...jka-wifi-2.html

--------------------
●●●

����� � ��������� download

●●● Communication Pitertsev ●
● Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 6/64 China (Global) ● Plantronics Voyager Pro + ● Huami Amazfit Watch ●
sank991
Message#4
29.10.13, 22:35
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 8
Check in: 28.02.13

There is a TP-LINK router. Now it became necessary to install D-Link 2640U instead. How to connect Ethernet to this router to distribute Wi-Fi?
ivvo
Message#5
04.11.13, 11:26
User
[offline]

Messages 53
Check in: 19.05.11

Hello! I decided to upload a new firmware for this router. I downloaded from the office. Site clicked "update" ... And ... got a brick !! (Two lights are on - power and internet!) It is not reset to the factory settings, via the command (connecting via LAN) 192.168.1.1 you cannot enter the menu (writes: there is no access to the Internet)! Question: Are there any programs for flashing or what are the ways of revitalization?

--------------------
Sony Xperia ZL, Z2 ...
pachon
Message#6
31.08.14, 06:13
User
[offline]

Messages 55
Check in: 01.08.09
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 3g

JTAG cable is needed and dancing with a tambourine

--------------------
2.3.1. Signatures and statuses containing:
- any graphic images;
- any contact information: phone numbers, website addresses
allam
Message#7
06.01.15, 02:00
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1157
Check in: 02.11.12
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 3/32

I had problems with Wi-Fi at home, here are my questions:
WI-FI Questions / Answers (Post # 36589962)
WI-FI Questions / Answers (Post # 36991257)

At the moment, I want to make sure that the router is configured correctly.
I will use the permissionctichand will post here the screenshots of the settings of my DSL 2640U router.
Firmware recently updated.

Maybe tell me where I have an error in the settings.
ctich
Message#8
06.01.15, 14:19
Guru
[offline]

Messages 14971
Apple iPhone 7

* allam
With the settings everything is OK, nothing significant that it would be worth changing I do not see, just go to the "LAN" and tick the "Enable IGMP Snooping".
And what exactly is your version of the router, if you believe the screenshots are 2640U, but then the latest firmware from 05/06/14 -ftp://ftp.dlink.ru/pub/ADSL/DSL-2640U/Firmware/

p.s if you decide to upgrade the channel, the speed will increase exactly 2 times but only for downloading

--------------------
allam
Message#9
06.01.15, 21:23
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1157
Check in: 02.11.12
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 3/32

ctichYou gave a link to update version C4, and I have C2.
I did this update:ftp://ftp.dlink.ru/pub...U_C2/Firmware/RU_2.05/
p.s if you decide to upgrade the channel, the speed will increase exactly 2 times but only for downloading

I didn’t understand what it means to upgrade the channel?
But this scans pr-we inSSIDER on a netbook (kot. Wi-fi):
my wi-fi- dlink

the only thing is to go to the "LAN" and check the "Enable IGMP Snooping" box.

I did.
ping 8.8.8.8 -t used to be "time = 38ms-40 ms", and after a tick it was 28-30

Post has been editedallam - 06.01.15, 22:26
ctich
Message#10
06.01.15, 23:17
Guru
[offline]

Messages 14971
Apple iPhone 7

I didn’t understand what it means to upgrade the channel?

From the provider side, the profile of your Internet channel is configured as 8 Mb / s for download and 1 Mb / s for return, but the parameters of the line (cable) allow you to increase the download speed to 16 Mb / s.
On wi-fi, I can’t add anything worthwhile, alas: scratch_one-s_head:

--------------------
_Danila_Master_
Message#11
20.01.15, 11:15
[offline]

Messages 4676
Check in: 09.12.12

Restore a router (DSL-2640U BRU C2) after unsuccessful firmware.

I do not know, maybe not relevant, but I think it will be useful ...

I have been lying around this router for a long time. Ruined unsuccessful firmware. I wanted to use it somewhat for the purpose - to make one of the LAN as a WAN (provider over twisted pair), but the firmware was unsuccessful.
Since the router came to me as a gift - I was not very upset, I put it in the back office, went to the store and bought a suitable DIR-620, which is still working ...

And yesterday I stumbled upon it and my hands itched to restore. Moreover, the developers themselves have taken care of this, putting the necessary in storage.
Instruction
I must say that you need to restore:
1. Have a special cable for recovery (I used an old COM cable from Siemens x35-x45-x50),
Attached Image

but you can take any other, including USB, which were packaged with other old phones (not to be confused with smartphones;)) that can emulate a COM port (google: USB-to-COM). Just do not forget to install the necessary drivers so that the correctly installed port appears in the Device Manager / Ports (COM and LPT) (usuallyProlific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (COMxx)wherexx- port number), in the properties of which you need to set the data transfer rate of 115200 bps.
Attached Image

2. And also find an analog Audio-CD-ROM cable (CAB-SB3) - its connector, like no other, is ideal for connecting to a router.
Attached Image

Go:
1. Open the router (unscrew the 4 bolts under the rubber feet), remove the top cover.
Attached Image
We are interested in the technical connector and 3 outputs of the Gnd Tx Rx (VCC - in this case is not needed)
2. Cut one side of the audio cable, transfer one wiring in the remaining connector to the first two, so that the connection matches.
3. Solder (or tuck - here everyone decides for himself) the wiring of the audio cable to our COM (USB-to-COM) cable so that the connector pins on the router match the pinout. On the Siemens cable, pin 1 (Gnd), 5 (Tx), 6 (Rx)
Attached Image

4. Connect the resulting structure.
A small clarification on the UART-connection:
UART is connected via three lines: RXD - reception, TXD - transmission and GND - common (minus). It is necessary to connect the UART, so to say “vice versa” RXD to TXD, and TXD to RXD as in the picture below:

Attached Image

5. Download utilityPutty and put it in a separate folder on the disk, for example C: \ PUTTY \ putty.exe
6. Download the file from the official repositoryDSL-2640U_C2_1.0.1_20110720.zipand unzip the fileDSL_2640C_stable_v1.0.1_cfe_fs_kernel from the archive to the catalog we created C: \ PUTTY
7. Start Putty - go to the tab.Category: Serial .
ATSerial line to connect to COMxx - set the port (I have COM1 - you have the port from the properties in the task manager), Speed ​​(baud) - 115200
Attached Image

8. Go to the tabCategory: Session .
Check the valuesSerial line and Speed . Options Connection type - choose (o) Serial . We don’t press anything else !!!
Attached Image

9. Go to the properties of your network card and set the following parameters:
Attached Image

10. Now go toPutty , we press Open And only now we turn on the router with the power button.
11. The console will come to life;) and will reach the moment of choiceBoard ID - we need to select the item, on the contrary 6333AWG_F7S (I do not remember from memory what number it is). The remaining questions can be left unchanged - just click Enter .
12. Do not touch anything for 3-5 minutes, until the inscriptions stop changing. Now you can diallogin / password : admin / admin - you can play around with the internal commands of the router (run the command help for the full list)
13. We leave fromPutty , we change the TCP / IP protocol settings of the network card as they were.
14. In the browser, type 192.168.1.1 and go to the router menu.

Threat as the source tookthis article
ZZY I still configured the WAN connection option via the LAN on this router ...

Post has been edited_Danila_Master_ - 18.12.15, 22:45
Reason for editing: Hid under spoiler

--------------------
incognito14
Message#12
06.02.15, 13:53
a guest
[offline]

Messages 1
Check in: 06.02.15

Good day! There is a phone LG-E445 android 4.1.2 version kernel 3.4.0 build number jz054k software version E44510f-cis-xxx and D-Link DSL-2640U (adsl router). This router perfectly distributes wi-fi and the Internet at home, but when you turn on wi-fi on your phone, it restarts and blinks with different lights. Also, this is observed in other wi-fi networks (from the complete disappearance of the network to terrible brakes). I come across this for the first time, I don’t even know where to dig. Tell me what could be the problem?
andrei.sablin
Message#13
24.03.15, 12:01
a guest
[offline]

Messages 1
Check in: 20.10.11
Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660

I'm searching for a D-Link 2640U C1 RU memory dump ... memory 29LV32C1, is there anyone ???
... I think the firmware of the memory itself on the programmer can avoid editing the kernel through the console ...

Attached images
Attached Image
faceofwin
Message#14
30.03.15, 01:10
Local
[offline]

Messages 342
Check in: 20.07.13
Lenovo Miix 2

tell me, the CSO provider, when transferring data on wifi, an exclamation mark is immediately displayed on my computer. A number of free wills, when diagnosing, the primary DNS writes is not available, but data transmission over wifi is still going on! (I meant to transfer the file "movie" to the tablet, the transfer goes nomralno but here on the computer the exclamation mark immediately lights up and the DNS is not available!
I tried to install Google DNS servers the same. In the settings of the router put there other dns "foot" server also does not help.
Where to dig what to do?
although now changed the fragmentation threshold set Fragmentation Threshold: 2000
RTS Threshold: 1999 and in the settings of the network connection set the main DNS 192.168.1.1
alternative 8.8.8.8 and helped!

--------------------
I am satisfied with the purchase!
merzo
Message#15
07.04.15, 16:45
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 21
Check in: 23.01.12

Hello!

Maybe experts can help me with my problem and tell me how to solve it.
So there is D-Link 2640U, through ADSL from Rostelecom there was an Internet and interactive TV. everything works without complaints.
Yesterday they brought a pair of twisted-pair optics from the entrance to the apartment, bought a ASUS RT-N11P router in the store, but on it the wizards from Rostelecom were unable to set up an interactive TV and connect a TV set-top box.
an idea emerged, to configure D-Link 2640U so that from ASUS RT-N11P over a twisted pair, let's say Internet came on LAN1, and interactive TV was broadcast on LAN4 (which is already set up).
for other purposes, the D-Link 2640U will not be used WiFi is disabled.

I will be grateful for any advice or link
John_White
Message#16
07.04.15, 16:59
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1129
Check in: 14.01.15
Apple iPhone SE

* merzo,
RT-N11P proshfirmware from Padavana. About setting up the console there toothere is.

Post has been editedJohn_White - 07.04.15, 17:00
_Danila_Master_
Message#17
07.04.15, 21:42
[offline]

Messages 4676
Check in: 09.12.12

but the wizard from Rostelecom was unable to set up an interactive TV and connect a TV set
if the STB BOX MAG-250 (or other model), which does not require access to interactive services outside the provider's network, and which only uses the provider's TV portal to get the channel list and broadcast, then you just had to install a switch in front of the router ( at least 3-port) and connect the console according to the scheme:
Attached Image
You could also configure the DSL-2640U to use any of the LAN ports as a WAN.
Here isinstruction(p.39)
But in any case, this is a temporary way out when there is no opportunity to take a good router ...

--------------------
merzo
Message#18
08.04.15, 09:03
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 21
Check in: 23.01.12

Thanks to everyone for the answers, the Asusa RT-N11P firmware from Podovana helped, the TV itself connected without additional settings
predbannikov
Message#19
13.04.15, 23:29
a guest
[offline]

Messages 3
Check in: 31.08.14
Huawei MediaPad 10 Link

Recovery via the console means that the bootloader is at least alive, as I understand it: - \
Please admins and topic creators attach work dumps for each version of c2 c4 b2 modems
Looking for 2640bru_c2.bin
virtual13
Message#20
14.04.15, 17:31
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 724
Check in: 04.03.15
Prestigio MultiPad 7.0 ULTRA DUO PMP5870C_DUO

* predbannikov

t to with poppy and with pinami most likely no one will lay out and everything will have to enter from the labels manually, type
in the search engine how to make it yourself from the official firmware
zsdfgiu
Message#21
16.04.15, 20:00
Local
[offline]

Messages 171
Check in: 16.07.08
Asus MeMO Pad 7 ME572CL

We are interested in the technical connector and 3 outputs of the Gnd Tx Rx (VCC - in this case is not needed)
2. Cut one side of the audio cable, transfer one wiring in the remaining connector to the first two, so that the connection matches.
3. Solder (or tuck - here everyone decides for himself) the wiring of the audio cable to our COM (USB-to-COM) cable so that the connector pins on the router match the pinout. On the Siemens cable, pin 1 (Gnd), 5 (Tx), 6 (Rx)

There is a Sidirom audio cable and a motherboard with a comport. Komovsky cable is not available.
Until I broke the firewood, the question is: can these three audio wiring be pushed directly to the motherboard connector on the motherboard?
It turns out like this:
GND (first from the right on a long tail) - black - pin 5 (on the com port on the motherboard)
Tx (the second from the right on a long tail) - red - pin 3 (on the com port on the motherboard)
Rx (third from the right on a long tail) - white - pin 2 (on the com port on the motherboard)

according to this pinout (I didn’t find how to insert pictures here)
pinout pin
D-Link

23 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/25/19 7:47 PM