> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

KyBook / KyBook2 | [IPhone] [iPad] [dev] Reader epub, fb2, pdf

Rep: (86)
KyBook 3 Reader for FB2, EPub, Mobi, PDF, DjVu, Audiobooks, Comics
Version: 0.5.2

Last update of the program in the header:14.09.2018

Homepage: kybook-reader.com
Change History: kybook-reader.com/changelog

iTunes Store: KyBook 3 ( iOS 11 minimum and 64-bit device ) [current version]
iTunes Store: KyBook 2 ( iOS 8.0 minimum ) [support until October 2019]
iTunes Store: KyBook 1 ( iOS 6.0 minimum ) [not supported since 2017]

Twitter : Read @KyBook_App
In contact with : vk.com/kybook

The best reader for your books!
KyBook supports all major e-book formats, OPDS catalogs and cloud storage.
Continuously developing and improving in close contact with thousands of KyBook audiences.

Key features:
  • All major e-book formats
  • OPDS directories
  • Comfortable reading mode
  • Powerful annotations
  • Convenient cataloguer
  • Cloud Storage

KyBook 3 Screen Shots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

KyBook 2 Screen Shots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Version History
09/25/2018 KyBook 3 v0.5.4
09/14/2018 KyBook 2 v1.2.4
10/09/2015 v0.6.7 - First release in the AppStore

KyBook First Edition
Download: KyBook 1 v2.1.1
KyBook v2.0.7 in the AppStorehttps://itunes.apple.com/en/app/kybook/id673027171?&mt=8
I recommend reading the reviews of KyBook features.

Post has been editedxrombrom397 - 24.01.19, 09:55
Reason for editing: KyBook 3 exit

Rep: (0)
I am willing, signed up for the project, but xs as there links come, so please kindly instruct through kumysku (QMS)

I absolutely support the previous speaker! For ... to follow the links and got nothing as a result, In principle, I am only interested in "text-to-speech", but somehow it’s impossible to get a beta for a non-botanist!

Rep: (139)
I would like to test, but to register somewhere is all very difficult, and I think you need a jail? Where can I just click and start the installation process?

A brief description of the features of beta testing for iOS and some instructions.

----
Consider the case if you have a non-jailbreak device.

To install the application on your device, the application must have a digital signature of the developer and ipa must contain a list of devices on which the installation is allowed. This process is called ad-hoc distribution.

That is, I need the UDID of your iphone / ipad.
Instructions on how to get it manually:http://www.innerfence.com/howto/find-iphon...identifier-udid

To automate the process of collecting UDID and distribution of subscribed ipa, there is a well-known in narrow circles service testflightapp.com

1. Follow the linkhttp://tflig.ht/18dbZRFand register yourself as a beta tester

2. After registration, go to Mobile Safari (required) at www.testflightapp.com/m/login and register your device (large green button)

Here is the process with pictures.http://help.testflightapp.com/customer/por...-to-my-account-

On Monday, as soon as Apple’s servers come out of deep maintenance where they are from Friday evening, I will update the provisioning profile by adding new UDIDs to it.
Then I will collect ipa, upload to testflightapp, you will receive a letter, click the link in the email, the application will be automatically downloaded and installed on your device.

----
If you have a jailbreaked device, then all of the above is not necessary and here is a direct link to ipahttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80472203/kybook.ipa

Attached filekybook.ipa(6.05 MB)

Filled ipa on the forum if it is more convenient for someone

Pros:
- integration of cloud services (google, dropbox, yandex). Here is a real FAT plus !!!
- multiboot from cloud services
- ability to edit line height, margins (left / right, up / down)

Minuses:
- Large books (1000+ sheets) are long cached, so it's impossible to read right away - it slowly loads a new page, turned over and you have to wait another 2-3 seconds until the page loads
- The maximum font size is desirable to increase when you ride the subway to read small text is inconvenient (the maximum text size in the settings is still too small, IMHO)
- In some books, the indents on the sides (left / right, up / down) are still large (albeit removed in the settings). I thought because of the font, reduced the font, but the indents still remained large (see screenshots)
Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

- Check YandexDisk for some reason did not work. After pressing the button to confirm access to files, a white background remained on the screen with the X button and the inscription Yandex Auth.
Maybe this glitch is just me?
- Downloaded books for some reason are not displayed in the book section. And how to transfer them there?

To want to add:
- Support for txt, rtf, doc, docx extensions (as AlReader on windows xp / 7 and windows mobile)
- Archive support (To download an archive and open a book from it, without unpacking it on a computer)
- The button "Select all files" in the cloud services, so as not to poke all the books and download all the files at once.
- Dictionaries (translation of a word by tapu)
- Style used to navigate between pages: add without style
- Select the background from the image (jpg, png from the photo gallery)
- Go to pages / percentages
- Ability to hide / show the bottom panel (page number, chapter name, progress bar), because occupies a certain place and is not always necessary
- Memorization of orientation (and it did horizontal, and after entering the settings, the orientation became vertical again)

In general, I liked the application, although it is still a bit damp. If you add the changes I proposed, then there will be no competitors at all.
I think there are no readers with such a kit at all. While the author is finalizing the program I useubooks . If the wishes will be taken into account 99% go to this :)

Thanks for the feedback.

directorgeneral @ 07/21/2013, 20:06*
- Large books (1000+ sheets) are long cached,

Yes, the first download can be long, due to pagination.
I plan to optimize only after the release.
One possible way to solve the problem would be to add a view without pagination.

>- Maximum font size would be desirable to increase

This is not a problem, add.

>- In some books, the indents on the sides (left / right, up / down) are still large

This is because of the epub styles. Many books in ePub format have built-in display styles, and the fields there are set up on the basis of the fact that the book will be viewed on the big screen and not on the iphone.
I have no general solution yet.

>- Check YandexDisk for some reason did not work.

This is clearly a bug, I will look for the cause.

>- Downloaded books for some reason are not displayed in the book section. And how to transfer them there?

Yes, books are downloaded by default to the Downloads folder.
Transfer, long tap by book and select 'Move' or enter edit mode (the button at the top left), and select books for deletion or transfer.

>- Support for txt, rtf, doc, docx extensions (as AlReader on windows xp / 7 and windows mobile)

But it really is necessary, books in such formats are an extremely unfortunate decision.
First of all, it is planned to add djvu, comic book (cbr cbz), maybe mobi.

>- Archive support (To download an archive and open a book from it, without unpacking it on a computer)

Hmm, fb + zip is already working, what else could it be?

>- The button "Select all files" in the cloud services, so as not to poke all the books and download all the files at once.

I guess you can add.

>- Dictionaries (translation of a word by tapu)

The dictionary works but only for English-language books.

>- Style used to navigate between pages: add without style

Hmm, just changing pages without animation? Need to think.

>- Select the background from the image (jpg, png from the photo gallery)

Probably not be such an opportunity. When reading, there is nothing better than a monophonic background, and adding the ability of which the majority will not use has no time.

>- Go to pages / percentages

Not clear as a percentage?

>- Ability to hide / show the bottom panel

Tap on the center of the screen hides all the controls, or do we need something else?

>- Memorization of orientation (and it did horizontal, and after entering the settings, the orientation became vertical again)

Remember orientation is necessary for the whole program or only for the book?

>In general, I liked the application, although it is still a bit damp.

Well on that and beta to receive responses from users to release and to correct and add something.

Thank you for the detailed feedback and suggestions. )

P.S. uncomfortable forum, and how uncomfortable to answer o_O

directorgeneral @ 07/21/2013, 20:06*
I think there are no readers with such a kit at all. While the author is refining the program I use ubooks. If the wishes will be taken into account 99% go to this

I myself used Stanza. But after Stanza bought Amazon (sort of) the development stopped and it was simply outdated.
And so was a great reader.
Having tried a whole bunch (including ubooks), I did not like anything, so I had to write the reader myself.

Rep: (13)
First impressions are the most optimistic /
I would like to see a couple of things in it, something I did not find anywhere else.

1: Font with transcription, which allows to see the transcription, but not crocodile.
2: Proper reading of test or HTML files from samizdat.
There many books are written with a continuation, in my weaving on simbian I simply replaced the file with a new large size, and continued reading from where I stopped, but for IOS readers there are incomprehensible troubles everywhere, namely with the definition of the place where the book ended.

Olaf1 @ 07.22.2013, 17:40*
Correct reading of test or HTML files from samizdat.

KyBook already integrated with iSamizdatHD

Here from the forum samizdat

If you have a KyBook application on your device, you can export texts in epub format.

On the information screen
http://samlib.ru/img/k/kolywan/samizdat_io...at_infobook.png

Choose 'Open as ePub book'
http://samlib.ru/img/k/kolywan/samizdat_io...dat_openurl.png

After the epub book is created, the KyBook reader will be launched.
http://samlib.ru/img/k/kolywan/samizdat_ios/kybook_read.png

Posted on 07/22/2013 10:52 AM:

Olaf1 @ 07.22.2013, 17:40*
A font with transcription that allows you to see the transcription, not the crocodile.

And can you please in more detail, an example of the text and what should be the font.

Rep: (13)
xrombrom397 @ 07.22.2013, 13:52*
And can you please in more detail, an example of the text and what should be the font.

Please forgive, it turns out that phonetic transcription is displayed perfectly in THIS reader. : blush:

Rep: (6)
">- Support for txt, rtf, doc, docx extensions (as AlReader on windows xp / 7 and windows mobile)

But it really is necessary, books in such formats are an extremely unfortunate decision.
The first is planned to add djvu, comic book (cbr cbz), maybe mobi. "

I would also like to see txt. In my fairly common format: D I have for example half of the library in it, and convert them to confess vl. A doc and rtf probably really superfluous.

xrombrom397 @ 07.21.2013, 13:56*
One possible way to solve the problem would be to add a view without pagination.

Or make a breakdown optional (in the settings)

This is because of the epub styles. Many books in ePub format have built-in display styles, and the fields there are set up on the basis of the fact that the book will be viewed on the big screen and not on the iphone.
I have no general solution yet.

Ahem, strange, because in the sameuBookseverything is displayed normally.(if you do not install the latest version because it is clearly not happy)Problems with the epub was not there :)

Yes, books are downloaded by default to the Downloads folder.
Transfer, long tap by book and select 'Move

I did not know, so I did not use it. Need to try.

>- Support for txt, rtf, doc, docx extensions (as AlReader on windows xp / 7 and windows mobile)

The solution may not be very good, but the books are really full in such formats and honestly do not feel like bothering with the translation into total or another format. But in the aforementioned Alreader all files are viewed without problems. Here islink for windows. Check if you wish :)

>- Archive support (To download an archive and open a book from it, without unpacking it on a computer)

Hmm, fb + zip is already working, what else could it be?

I did not check with zip, but rar is not displayed, but it's a pity :)

>- Style used to navigate between pages: add without style

Hmm, just changing pages without animation? Need to think.

Understood, For this you need to set the parameters: Transition style: flipping, Page change direction: vertically

>- Go to pages / percentages

Not clear as a percentage?

1. Go to page 365. 2. Go to 52% of the book. (The second is actually optional, but the first is very useful)

>- Ability to hide / show the bottom panel

Tap on the center of the screen hides all the controls, or do we need something else?

That’s how it is, but see how much space is “eaten up” from above and below.

Attached Image
Attached Image

Even if you remove the bottom panel tapom.

>- Memorization of orientation (and it did horizontal, and after entering the settings, the orientation became vertical again)

Remember orientation is necessary for the whole program or only for the book?

But you make the orientation in the book horizontal, and then go to the settings of the book and click "Done" and see how your orientation will "fly off" again.
And again it is necessary to turn the screen. Why extra gestures?

Post has been editeddirectorgeneral - 23.07.13, 22:18

That's what I forgot to say. Terribly inconvenient control panel when entering the program (which is 3/4 of the screen). At first he tried not to pay attention, but then it really became a bit annoying. Will explain.

The “Read” button is much easier to press and even more intuitively clearer rather than doing a swipe from left to right. One would like to press that tiny button with three stripes, but as long as you press it, you curl it (it’s not always the first time to press it, because you miss it and click on the search). No, I do not carp, but I think it would be more logical to add a button to "read" a moderately large one (here’s the place and it’s under Google Books, the same size and a little more)

And further...

It would be very cool to also add the removal of books with a right-to-left swipe in the “Roots” display mode (Why are the roots, but not the list?Immediately remember a fairy tale). Quick removal of one book and do not need to press again small buttons in the upper right :)

In general, you do not take this ... to heart, just want usability to be at its best ...

Rep: (222)
xrombrom397,
It is tempting that the filibust is maintained, I hope to add my ipad to the beta test, even though there is no version for it, but I will try the iPhone version :)

KyBook Version v0.4.6

various bugs fixed
Yandex Disk support returned
Added setting leveling mode to width
improved support for OPDS directories

List of tested OPDS directories

feedbooks.com/catalog.atom,
bookserver.archive.org/catalog/
opds.oreilly.com/opds/
www.samenrico.com/opds2/
pragprog.com/magazines.opds
m.gutenberg.org/ebooks/?format=opds
manybooks.net/opds/index.php
tuebl.ca/catalog
www.epubbud.com/feeds/catalog.atom
flibusta.net/opds
coollib.net/opds
lib.rus.ec/opds
books.vnuki.org/opds.xml
www.epubbooks.ru/index.xml
www.zone4iphone.ru/catalog.php
bookserver.revues.org
www.ebooksgratuits.com/opds/
www.atramenta.net/opds/catalog.atom
opds.youscribe.com/Catalog/catalog.xml
stanza.beam-ebooks.de
tatsu-zine.com/catalogs.opds
www.smashwords.com/lexcycle
www.bookglutton.com/api/stanza

If you know about a large catalog, please let me know for the test.

Attached files

Attached filekybook.ipa(6.11 MB)

Post has been editedxrombrom397 - 24.07.13, 07:30
Reason for editing: ipa loaded

I would also like to see txt. In my fairly common format

I think yes, in principle, any format that can be quickly converted into an epub is easy enough to add.
Just not sure what time to add before the release.

Ahem, strange, because in the same uBooks everything is displayed normally

I have some ideas how to fix such fields, let's say I am working on it)

I did not check with zip, but rar is not displayed, but it's a pity

I just never met fb2 packed rar th.
Packing the same epub or pdf rara meaningless.

1. Go to page 365.

The slider below performs this function. The page number is displayed when the slider is moved.

That’s how it is, but see how much space is “eaten up” from above and below.

To use the space at the top and bottom, you will have to do another pagination, and this is the fastest process. I'm testing for myself, maybe I'll think it over.

But you make the orientation in the book horizontal, and then go to the settings of the book and click "Done" and see how your orientation will "fly off" again.

Similarly, there is such a bug, Thanks for the find)

(Why are the roots, but not the list?

Xs, you can probably call the list.

it would be very nice to also add the removal of books with a right-to-left swipe in the "Roots" display mode

This will definitely confuse the user, in one mode svayp is possible, in others it does not work.

The “Read” button is much easier to press and even more intuitively clearer rather than doing a swipe from left to right.

Yes, there is no place for buttons, and so the top panel is cluttered with buttons.

In general, you do not take this ... to heart, just want usability to be at its best ...

Nah, everything's fine.
On the contrary, thank you for your comments, feedback from users is very very important.
The only thing I want to note is that most of the comments will be taken into account only after the release in the next versions.
Now bugs are being corrected and small changes are being made.

Posted on 07/24/2013 08:06:

I hope to add my ipad to the beta test

As soon as Apple services start working, right away.
The site to support developers is still down.

KyBook v0.4.7

fixed landscape orientation bug with turn blocking
Added full-screen mode settings (remove all controls and resize page)
removed too large margins in some epub books

Attached files

Attached filekybook.ipa(6.11 MB)

Rep: (47)
xrombrom397,
Please, not related to the functionality, write the version immediately in the file name, so to speak, to avoid excesses!

Thanks for the new version, I’ll download, I’ll be testing!

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/08/19, 21:25