> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Sony Xperia Z1 Compact / Z1f - Discussion | D5503 / SO-02F, Amami

Rep: (225)
DiscussionSony Xperia Z1 Compact / Z1f
PictureD5503, SO-02F, Amami, Honami mini, M51w
Description Z1 Compact | Description Z1f | Discussion » | Official firmware » | Unofficial firmware » | MIUI firmware » | Modifications and decorations » | Purchase » | Accessories » | Marriage and Repair » | Owners Club »
  • Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and internal storage is discussed in the topic: How much memory do you have in the machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Messages that do not carry meaning, useful or new information (flood) are deleted without warning.
Useful
FAQ
Official disassembly, repair, wiring diagram, and parts catalog -Attached filed55xx_instructions.rar(7.87 MB)

Specifications
There are three modifications of this smartphone: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (D5503, Z1C, compact), Sony Xperia Z1f (SO-02F) and Sony Xperia Z1 Compact M51w.
Z1f from Z1 Compact differs in that it is the Docomo carrier model (there is a corresponding inscription on the case) for the Japanese market, it runs out of the box running Android 4.2, and supports the networks of Russian operators only partially: UMTS 850, 2100; LTE 1, 3, 19, 21, i.e. 3G in Russia will not work everywhere, and LTE will not work at all. At Z1f both sides are covered with factory protective films, the back cover is made of glass, the smartphone weighs about 140 g, there is an ISDB-T digital television receiver. But in Russia there is no broadcasting in this standard.
There is also a modification for the Chinese market M51w. It differs from the Z1 Compact radio module, LTE is not supported. Perhaps different than anything else.

Blue indicates unverified and missing information.
The following are detailed specifications for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (D5503)

operating system : Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, from 06/26/14 official update 4.4.4 KitKat is available, from 04/13/2015 Updated to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available
Pay : Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 MSM8974
CPU :
- quad core
- architecture - Krait 400
- the maximum frequency of each core is 2150 MHz
- supported instruction set - ARMv7
- technical process - 28 nm
Graphic accelerator : Adreno 330, 450 MHz, 32 Unified Shaders
RAM (RAM, RAM): 2 GB total volume, dual-channel LPDDR3, 800 MHz frequency, available for OS ~ 1703 MB, free ~ 1.1 GB
Built-in drive (ROM, ROM): the total amount of 16 GB, is divided into the following logical sections:
1. ~ 11.8 GB dynamically divided between two partitions
/ data
/ sdcard
data + sdcard = 11.8 GB
2. ~ 2.24 GB / system
3. ~ 197 MB / cache
4. the rest is reserved for the file system, boot, radio module, etc.
Audio chip : Qualcomm WCD9320
Battery : type - Li-Polymer, capacity 2300 mAh, non-removable
Form factor : candy bar
Dimensions : 127 x 64.9 x 9.5 mm
Weight : 137 grams
Body materials : solid aluminum frame (including caps), front tempered scratch-resistant glass, sealed with factory protective film, the back surface is made of soft plastic, there is no protective film
Body colors : the smartphone is available in the following colors: black, white, lime (yellow) and pink
Dust and moisture protection : IP58
Shock resistance : not
Antenna : built
Vibration : there is
LED indicator : multicolor
Speaker : mono
Satellite navigation : GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
FM radio : yes, RDS supported, frequency band 76 - 108.0 MHz
FM radio transmitter : there is

Screen :
- diagonal of 4.3 inches (109 mm)
- LCD screen type, IPS matrix, LED Triluminos backlight
- color, the number of displayed colors 16.78 million
- resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels (HD)
- type capacitive sensor, simultaneous recognition (multitouch) up to 10 touches
- material on the screen tempered scratch-resistant glassstamps Dragontrail company Asahi
- has anti-reflective coating
- no oleophobic coating

Connection :
- GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
- SMS, MMS
- GPRS, speed up to 107 kbps
- EDGE, speed up to 296 kbps
- UMTS 850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz (1, 2, 4, 5, 8 bands)
- HSPA +, HSDPA category 24 (speed up to 42 Mbit / s), HSUPA category 6 (speed up to 5.8 Mbit / s)
- LTE 800, 850, 900, 1700, 1800, 1900, 2100, 2600 MHz (bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20) of the fourth category, speed up to 150 Mbps to yourself and up to 50 Mbps from myself
- CDMA - not supported
- video call via cellular operator network - not supported
- Wi-Fi 802.11a, b, g, n, ac 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz, speed up to 325 Mbps
- DLNA
- Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi access point
- Mirroring the image via Wi-Fi miracast (displaying the image from the smartphone screen on the TV screen over the wireless channel)
- Bluetooth 4.0 with EDR support, supported protocols: A2DP v1.2, AVRCP v1.3, DIP v1.3, GATT, HFP v1.6, HID v1.1, HSP v1.2, HDP v1.1, MAP v1. 0, OPP v1.1, PAN v1.0, PAP v1.1, PXP v1.0, SPP v1.1
- NFC
- no infrared port

Connectors :
- MHL: microUSB 2.0 (High speed) type B + video output (via an MHL- adapter>HDMI), support for connecting external devices via USB-Host (OTG)
- mini-jack audio output (3.5 mm)
- under one micro-SIM card, there is no hot-swap feature (without turning off the smartphone)
- under microSD memory card up to 128 GB with the possibility of "hot" replacement
- for docking station / magnetic charging

Rear camera :
- autofocus
- single-flash
- resolution of 20.7 MP
- video resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels (Full HD, 1080p) 30 frames / s
- matrix size 1 / 2.3 "
- adding location data to photos (Geo-tagging)
- focus on the touch point (touch focus)
- panorama
- macro
- face recognition
- elimination of the red-eye effect
- burst mode

Front-camera :
- 2 megapixel resolution
- video resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels (Full HD, 1080p) 30 frames / s

Buttons
mechanical:
- on / off, lock
- two-position volume control button "rocker"
- camera two-way button
software:
- "back"
- "home"
- "application switching"

Sensors :
- accelerometer
- gyro
- approximations
- illumination
- magnetic field
- digital compass
- pressure - absent
- battery temperature
- no fingerprints

Additionally :
- ANT +
- USB tethering (USB modem)
- suppression of noise at conversation due to use of system from two microphones
- wet fingers control
- video under water
- glove control (up to 2 mm)
- wireless charging is not supported

Reviews

Polls archive
Battery survey
Attached Image

What color do you prefer?
Attached Image

What is your manufacturer and is it buggy?
Attached Image

Do you have light on the photo, and how does the on-screen sensor work? The survey was conducted from 02.03 to 23.03 2014
Attached Image

Are there any problems with photos, and is the quality of photos with updates improved? The survey was conducted from July 4 to July 14, 2014
Attached Image

Did the smartphone float, did you break it? The survey was conducted from 20.10 to 9.12 2014
Attached Image

best energy saving firmware
Attached Image

Information on Android 6.0, Marshmallow

There is no curator in the subject. If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the sectionI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).
Prior to the appointment of the curator, on filling caps, please contactmoderatorssection through a buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedLexx808 - 14.01.19, 10:31
Reason for editing: Curator

Rep: (601)
We wait -【LIVE!】 NTT ド コ モ 2013-2014 商 モ デ ル 新 商品 ・ 新 サ ー ビ ス 発
, and I went to work .. (

Posted 10/10/2013 06:52:

"Live" -http://sonyviet.vn/2013/10/bat-ngo-xuat-hi...n-tay-gai-nhat/

And further -http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/10/10/xperi...st-promo-video/(with comments)

Post has been editedHodejegerne - 10.02.14, 22:21
Reason for editing: 2 posts stuck together

Rep: (0)
There are characteristics on the sitehttp://www.sonymobile.co.jp/xperia/docomo/.../spec/spec.html

Rep: (2006)
8oldemar @ 10.10.2013, 07:52*

Suddenly there was a realistic picture of the Xperia Z1 F (mini) on the hand "Japanese girl"

Today is 10/10 and do not forget that Docomo will present a new collection for the winter of smartphones this year, two names that were eagerly awaiting the Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 F (mini) is determined to be the official opening today.

Waiting for the information and the official photos of the car this morning, a realistic picture of the Xperi Z1 F appeared. Interestingly, we see a picture of very cute Japanese girls appeared several times in a Sony Vietnam article.

This series of photos is a pink version of the Z1 F. We can see the similarities in design than the Z1, but the car looks much more compact 4.3-inch screen, want a thickness of 9.5 mm, but everything is so wonderful, especially was at hand when this cute girl .

8oldemar @ 10.10.2013, 08:21*

Xperia Z1 f announced in Japan; ...

Sony Xperia Z1 f (TAK 02F) aka Xperia Z1 mini is real, NTT DoCoMo only officially announced the phone along with the Xperia Z1 (TAK-01F). Specifications, as before, rumored to be with a handset due to the launch at the end of this month. ...

As I understand it, this is of the photo (?)
Attached Image

Well, pobayanu little: lol:
Attached Image
Attached Image

Judging bypromo video, the minik will not have metal sides, like the z1? : scratch_one-s_head:

In the video minik?link
However, the brick is like this: D And the frame case is large top-bottom, IMHO ... 4.3 ", and the bandura looks like (4.5): scratch_one-s_head:(which is observed, by the way, and at Van mini ...)

Post has been editedHodejegerne - 10.02.14, 22:21
Reason for editing: 2 posts stuck together

Rep: (39)
Great announcement. Congratulations to all. Such compact flagships have probably not been for two years, if the Chinese do not take.
65 mm is already godly, although it is far from the iPhone, but you can already hold it in your hands without much fear.
Satisfied.

The launcher reminded the spb-shell with something: scratch_one-s_head:
By the way, who watched the presentation of the minik online? What about his entry into the international market?
And then I turned it on, but in Japanese I only know Konishua))) And Google is no longer helping here)))

Posted on 10/10/2013 08:37:

Invisible DRuG @ 10.10.2013, 09:29*
Such compact flagships have probably been gone for about two years.

and what similar flagships were 2 years ago? : scratch_one-s_head:

Posted on 10/10/2013 08:40:

Yoo @ 10.10.2013, 09:27*
I also had the feeling that it would not be metallic. Then, alas, I pass.)) It is necessary to take Z1.

So, for z1, too, it's not a metal case, but a side frame: scratch_one-s_head:

Post has been editedsyncmaster172n - 10.10.13, 08:41

Rep: (27)
So, also, z1 is not a metal case, but a side frame

I am talking about this. Metal chassis (frame) as in the old Erik is a dream.
And plastic devices are already pre-V, Z, ZR, A and so on.

I do not know how others, for example, I waited for the device with a set of qualities - metal, a small screen, a water level.

Post has been editedYoo - 10.10.13, 09:04

Yoo
water level

It is as if there is no gud, on the one hand, because the moisture-proof devices of the dynamics are not ice, because They are put on a special protection so that the water does not fall, and as a result, many users of such devices often complain of poor audibility through the acoustic speaker ...: scratch_one-s_head:
And all this dust and moisture protection is by as much as on some (many?) protected devices in manuals they write that it is not recommended to wet them, and if you wet it and something happens, then repair under warranty will not be, well, or something like that ...: scratch_one-s_head:

Post has been editedsyncmaster172n - 10.10.13, 09:07

The main thing is that they let him in to us ... And if it is only for japan, then I will be looking closely at something else ...
IMHO, the fact that if the minic is without metal sides, it is not critical ... And the price should be more democratic with respect to z1, in theory ...: scratch_one-s_head:

Post has been editedsyncmaster172n - 10.10.13, 09:16

Rep: (27)
syncmaster172n @ 10/10/2013, 13:06*
Wi-FiReputation: 384

Yoo, CitatavatrubrufIt is not gud, as it were, on the one hand, because for moisture-proof devices the speakers have no ice, because They are put on a special protection so that the water does not fall, and as a result, many users of such devices often complain about poor audibility through the acoustic speaker ... And all this dust and moisture protection is as much as on some (many?) protected devices they write in manuals that it is not recommended to wet them, and if you wet it and something happens, then the repair will not be under warranty, or something like that.

I agree, but for me personally this is one of the most important requirements.
I can also note that on all my protected devices there was a quite decent sound: defay, sam2710, asset, panas Eluga, NTS Jay.

X-klepa @ 10.10.2013, 08:41*

Size 127 mm Г— 65mm Г— 9.4 mm
140g weight
4.3 "HD
2.2 GHz processor
2300mAh battery capacity
Android в„ў 4.2.2
RAM 2GB
16GB ROM
camera
About 20700000 pixels back-illuminated CMOS sensor stacks Exmor RS for mobile main camera Effective pixels

About 2.2 million pixels back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor for mobile front camera Effective pixels

Record photos by size<MAIN camera>20.7MP (4: 3) / 8MP (4: 3) / 8MP (16: 9) / 3 Mp (4: 3) / 2 megapixel (16:09)
<Front camera>2 megapixel (1.8MP *) (16:09) / 1.7MP (4: 3)

Flash Yes (main camera only)
geo tag yes
Yes Smile Shutter
Scene Recognition Yes

Record video size<MAIN camera>Full HD (1080p) / HD (720p)
<Front camera>Full HD (1080p) / HD (720p)
Flash Yes (for main camera only)
Yes face recognition
Image Stabilizer Yes
Self-timer Yes
Yes touch shooting
Auto focus Yes

Japanese conversion mechanism POBox Touch 6.2
Wi-Fi Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11 / AC * 1 / b / g / n (2.4GHz / 5GHz)
Data transfer rate * 2 Xi 150Mbps / 50Mbps
FOMA HIGH SPEED 14Mbps / 5.7Mbps
Bluetooth 4.0
Yes dlna
IR communication -
Full SEG / SEG - / Yes
Yes Mobile Wallet
Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) Yes
Wi-Fi modem * 3 Yes (Overseas available)
WORLD WING В® Class 4
Mail Area * 4 Yes
IPX5 / 8 class waterproof (under review)
NOTTV -
Charging considered only put fast charging * 5 / / -

By the way, on the website they write something about the metal in the body at the minicarlinkI do not understand, the side frames there are painted metal (if there is one), or is it the difficulty of the Google translation))), and there it is just plastic, what does it look like? : scratch_one-s_head:
Metal frame that gave anodized

The combination of metal frame, which gave anodized and rear glass black pitch with depth, gives excellent brightness with a accent.

Corners having prepared a sphere shape

Pink and bright back sweet, metal frame to emphasize texture. Corners Prepare the color of the sphere to enrich the pink with a sense of humor and raise the premium feeling you are experiencing material.

The key to activate the senses, which are detailed

Lime but bright colors, soft light metal frame gives a feeling of quality. The key to incorporating the senses, which are detailed in aluminum material, gives a striking accent in lime color.
Power button that gives away the presence

I am sending along a calm

The combination of high metal frame silver and white glass back glass shines clean, I send it along with a relaxing atmosphere.

: scratch_one-s_head:

Rep: (72)
Well, we are waiting for him now at the end of December at the exhibition: yahoo :!
http://m.vk.com/away?to=http%3A%2F%2Fmobil...1381379348.html

Post has been editedaleksisasis - 10.10.13, 11:54

Rep: (51)
It is such a minicar that in size as 2-year-old flagships ... and it looks as if it were a brick, as far as I liked the Sony Z and Z1, but this one somehow did not catch.
For the mini, it was really necessary to make the framework as thin as possible, so that the smart seemed compact, and it turned out to be still big though less than Z1, I still think to take z1 from the winter and the price will be adequate, I think the sales are cheaper than this)

Rep: (1)
on video

Post has been editedAndreyxxl - 10.10.13, 14:20

More videos, work in gloves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TQTIC1Y4_s

Post has been editedpasha-zvet - 10.10.13, 14:56

Rep: (121)
interesting, dvuhsimochnaya version is not planned? : blush:

Post has been editedand112233 - 10.10.13, 16:42
Reason for editing: hmm

Rep: (851)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...KQNTKmxoqHs#t=6
it feels like s1 has melted to a greater thickness and smaller dimensions))
mini right))
Attached Image

Rep: (688)
Fuh, hooray: clap: there is a MicroSD slot!)
coolkaas In this video, you can see that the screen of the Mini is nicer, the viewing angles are bigger .. but xs which screen is in this sample Z1
P.S Metal frame, or how?
And such a good little bar turned out)

Post has been editedJohn.D - 10.10.13, 17:13

Rep: (851)
live RAM:
from below, in We
Attached Image

people turn the screen: medium quality corners, I would say, review ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...iSCqgywkI#t=403
(link to the end of the video).

What is the yellow piping on the top? diode? or just a temporary sticker?
Attached Image

Yes, you need to do something with the frame. reminds lateral sealing of the laminated table top ..

Post has been editedcoolkaas - 10.10.13, 17:27

Rep: (12)
coolkaas 10.10.2013, 16:06*
it feels like s1 has melted to a greater thickness and smaller dimensions))

Well, so where are they going to go?)) In z1, and so everything fit wildly compact, and here are the same flagship indicators. And in general, the problem is what, I do not understand. The device came out exactly as thick as the ray, it is annoying in the picture in comparison with the thickness, and so a completely compact phone came out, I would say, a very golden mean.

coolkaas 10.10.2013, 20:06*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...mxoqHs#t=6thisthe feeling that s1 has been melted to a greater thickness and smaller dimensions))

XperiaP @ 10.10.2013, 16:07*
It is such a minik that in size as 2-year-old flagships ... and it looks as if it were a brick, as far as I liked the Sony Z u Z1, but this one somehow didn’t catch at all. So that the smart seemed compact, and it turned out to be still big, though smaller than the Z1, I still think of taking z1 from the winter for which the price will be adequate, I think sales are cheaper than this)

mda ... tezhe thought, also grief ((
how did I expect this device (in general, something wearable from Sony, 5+ tired - inconvenient)
and here is such an intrigue and such a failure. now, do not even know what to look in the direction. and so, for the last 5 years, not a single smart has been liked in such a way as to buy for pleasure, and not for need
the frame immediately turns away, it is too thick, it looks rough (((and on a black smart, it remains silver (??? !!!!), and only on white, merging with the inserts and the case, looks less, but the white is not my
for me, the design of Z and Z1 is more acceptable, completely different angles, different thickness, different frame, different perception of screen size
I just don't want a shovel, and certainly not a brick, but a modern, compact smart, which looks nice and features top
sadness ...

Post has been editedout150 - 10.10.13, 18:05

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/28/19 09:12