> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

308 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Acer Iconia A1-810 / A1-811 - Discussion | Tablet 7.9 "
cenyt
Message#1
12.07.13, 16:44
Passerby
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 447
Check in: 22.08.10
Huawei P10 Plus VKY-L09

DiscussionAcer Iconia A1-810 / A1-811
PictureAcer Iconia A1-810, A1-811
Description " | Discussion " | Firmware "
Dear readers of the branch !!!
Before asking a question, lookAndroid FAQ, Glossary, Lithium Batteries - Operating Rulesand Mini-FAQ, located below, as well as carefully read the topic header and use the search. Respect your and other people's time.

Fornewbies: Forum Rules. To read necessarily!
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games.
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison.
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic)deleted without warning.
  • In messagestry to specify the tablet model (A1-811 or A1-810), in order to avoid misunderstandings, misunderstandings and unnecessary posts.
Attention users upgrading to Android 4.4.2 KitKat !!!Read paragraph 2.5.
1. Description
1.1. Specifications
operating system
Operating System: .................................... Android ™
Title:................................................ ....... Jelly Bean
Version:................................................ ........... 4.2.2
CPU
Processor Manufacturer ................................ MediaTek
Processor Model ........................................... MT8125 for A1-810 , MT8389W for A1-811
Processor frequency: ........................................ 1.20 GHz
Processor Core: .............................................. Quad-core ( 4 cores)
Memory
Standard Memory: ........................................ 1 GB
Memory Module Technology: ............................. DDR3 SDRAM
Card Reader: ....................... Yes
Supported Memory Cards: ........................ microSD Card, microSD High Capacity (microSDHC)
Flash Drive Capacity: .............................. 8/16 GB
Screen and graphics adapter
Screen size:............................................... 20.3 cm (8 ")
Screen Type: ............................................... ..... TFT color LCD with active matrix
Screen Mode: ............................................. XGA
Screen resolution: ......................................... 1024 x 768
Matrix Illumination Technology: ......................... LED
Touchscreen: ............................................ Yes
Multi-touch screen: .................................. Yes
Graphics adapter: ..................................... PowerVR SGX544MP
Network and communication
WWAN support: ........................................... Yes
Cellular generation: 3G ................................ 3G (A1-811 only)
GPS: ................................................ ..............Yes
Wireless standard: .......................... IEEE 802.11b / g / n
Bluetooth: ................................................ .......Yes
Bluetooth standard: ......................................... Bluetooth 4.0
Supported Bluetooth Profile: ................. HID
Interfaces / Ports
HDMI: ................................................ ............Yes
Micro USB (Power + Date): ............................. Yes
3.5 mm audio jack: ........................................ Yes
Input Devices
Keyboard type: ............................................ Touch keyboard
Microphone:................................................ ....Yes
Battery Information
Number of sections: ........................................ 2-section
Battery Chemistry: ............................ Lithium Ion (Li-Ion)
Battery Capacity: ........................................... 4960 mAh
physical characteristics
Height:................................................ ........ 11.1 mm
Width:................................................ ....... 145.7 mm
Depth:................................................ ....... 208.7 mm
Weight (approximately): ............................................. 430.0 g
1.2. Photos of the device

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
Attached Image
1.3. Reviews
2. Useful
2.1. Getting Root.
Attention!!

2.1.1. Getting Root method using laid out system.img.gzDo not match the image of your tablet system, will lead to system malfunction.
2.1.2. System recovery todaynot possible!!!
2.1.3. Attention users A-811! After installing the update to version RV08RC07 (Wi-Fi access point), getting root will not be possible.
Rollback to the factory firmware without updating, see under the spoiler
Roll back to A1-811 firmware without updates frombaikal0912
Finally, I collected enough statistics on the use of stock (original factory) firmware on 811. I consider it acceptable to lay out for general use. Definitely no negative results were obtained on the tablets updated to the latest version, previously not having root and having root, but not making changes to the system files by deleting and modifying them. Also having root, but retaining the original state of the system files and the ability to return the system files to the original state, also did not receive a negative result. A negative result on 811 with root obtained using a manual fix was noticed (why it was not found out that the method of obtaining root and nothing to do with it.) It is also possible to use 811 tablets with a cyclic reboot, a hanging logo to restore (if only there was access to recavery - simultaneously pressing the power button and the volume swing closest to it laugh until the vibro then release the power button, hold the volume rocker until the menu appears.)
Attention! All actions you take at your own risk. Neither the user who posted this information, nor the curator of the topic and administration
Forum is not responsible for the possible consequences.
(I do not frighten, I warn you as a standardkeep an eye on that who does what and how i.e, I can't stand with a candle.)

The decision on the possibility of obtaining root for owners of 811 with the version of the image RV08RC07 (Wi-Fi access point).
Download factory (stock) firmware. Link to firmware for 811.http://yadi.sk/d/WLfbNabGH6bFoIt was she who was tested.
Update.zip, upload to SD card and upgrade via recovery update from SD. This is the stock firmware 811. User data (applications) can be saved, before use, through synchronization (recovery) to your Google account in the tablet settings. Re-flashing all data will erase. At initial setup, log in to your account, choose to recover data from your account. Backup data can naturally be done with root.
Before flashing it is better to do a reset, just in case, although I don’t have statistics on this. After the firmware, get updates sequentially, except for the access point, and get root in accordance with the secure method from the header. Something like that. Good luck.

For the help in testing, many thanks member5, steweee, ars214 and all who have forgotten.

At 810 there is the latest official firmware from the Acer website located in the topic header (paragraph 2.4.4), and there are no problems with the inability to get root on it. Questions like "can I use this firmware if I did this and that on the tablet" I consider only in a personal.
P.S. I ask, if possible, to report to the PM about positive and possible problem results (if you have problems, ask questions).

Instructions for obtaining the root Attention!!! The method is dangerous and not relevant. It is on it that several were received.bricks.Recovery is not possible.
Instructions for getting Root on A-810/811 (without system image) using Ubuntu from DVD
Petition to unlock the bootloader
The current response of ACER.
Acer tablet loader on Android: Can I install another operating system on my Acer tablet with Android operating system?
On Acer tablets there is no possibility to install third-party software, except for the pre-installed version of Android. To install a modified image of Android, or another operating system, a so-called open bootloader is required, which is not part of Acer tablets.At the moment, Acer does not plan to change it.
NOTE: Acer cannot support Android tablets running other versions of the operating system or open bootloader. These changes may lead to unsafe device operation.
2.2. Accessories
Attention! Goods tend to be bought up, disappear from sale, cease to be produced, etc. I periodically monitor and mark in red those that are no longer available (at the same time, leaving them as an example). But I can't do it in real time. So, for reference - onE-bayandAli Axpress -HUGE the number of variants of covers and accessories for our devices (including sets with stylus and films for 15-16 dollars), so do not hesitate to search there, as well as in any other online stores (Citylink, Sotmarket, Svyaznoy, Yulmart, etc.). When ordering pay attention to delivery. If, for example, an order with e-Bay is to be free of charge, otherwise another 70-120 dollars will fall on top of the price of the purchased goods.
2.2.1. Covers
If you see that ipad mini is written there, then you should not buy it right away. The apple, though the same diagonal, but our larger dimensions. © Romka_ZVO
About native case
rampag @ 08/08/2013, 14:33 *
The native cover was not pleased, with it the tablet becomes thicker than once in 2. There the plastic with the cover is combined, I think the cover will be unstuck as a thread and it will be cool))
Dimkar @ 08/08/2013, 16:16 *
Native cover for C grade, but there were no others ...
Thick, a little there, but in general the tablet did not become worse, because of its not the smallest weight. The workmanship is good and the tablet seems complemented with it.
Double_N @ 10.29.2013, 02:19 *
By the way, I didn’t like the standard case from acer. The lid inside is very dreadful stuff - like a vacuum cleaner sucks up dirt / sweat and other discharges from your hands and then it all settles on the screen. Plus, it bends slightly over time, a small arc. Maybe it only bends me. It would be better if I took a pocket)))
Connected 3 - link to the message 1 390 rub. Cover-book (stand). There are holes for the camera and the speaker.
In Ali Express - link to the messageUS $ 8.37. Cover-book (stand) holder for the stylus. Holes for the camera and the speaker - there is.
On e-bay - link to the messageUS $ 5.99. Cover-book (stand) with a holder for the stylus. Holes for the camera and the speaker - there is.
On E-Bay 2 - link to the messageUS $ 8.09. Cover-book (stand) rotating 360 degrees. Holes for the camera and the speaker - there is.
On E-Bay 3 - link to the messageUS $ 12.99. Silicone case, the message has a photo. Holes for the camera and the speaker - there is.
On E-Bay 4 - link to the message.US $ 11.65. Cover-book (stand) with a zipper with built-in speakers (1W, 900mAh). Holes for camera and speaker are not.
In Sotmarket920 rub. Cover-book (stand) with a rubber from the opening. Holes for the camera and the speaker - conditionally there are (large cuts on the sides, where both the camera and the speaker fall).
already or not yet available
In Citylink - link to the message- product, unfortunately, is currently unavailable
On amazon - link to the message- product, unfortunately, is currently unavailable
In the connected-2 (corporate) - link to the message- product, unfortunately, is no longer available
In connected - link to the message- product, unfortunately, is no longer available
2.2.2. Car holders
Wholesitededicated to auto accessories.
Homemade.

One-bay - link to the message.
OnYulmarte - link to the message- under the order
2.2.3 Films
On e-bay - link to the message
Comments about this tape in another post.
Matt film in my sitting perfectly.
PY.SY. While waiting for the cover, I pasted a film bought in Citylink. and did not remove the protection of the film itself until the moment of receiving the parcel .. and I want to say that I was not bothered by anything. (the second was glued without bubbles) and everything looked fine ..
now finally took, left only matte and of course it became a bit better))
2.2.4. Battery
2.2.5. Touch-Screen.
Information from the invoice: article screen + tacha: "Parts 6M.L1RN1.001 LCD MODULE 7.85'XGA.GL"
On AliBaba.comNote: the price will be from 3,500 to 4,000 rubles, subject to self-replacement (about 1,500 rubles). Cheaper options have not yet been found. So, subjectively, it makes sense to think about a new tablet.
and further
Experience # 1 on replacing the touchscreen from rommel13 here
Experience # 2 on the replacement of the touchscreen from 123vasek here
2.3. About protective film sticker
Film template

Turn on the hot water in the bathroom and close the door for 5 minutes, go in with the tablet off and the film, unpack it but do not remove anything yet, wipe the screen with a microfiber cloth that comes with the film. Then you wash it, make sure that there are no hairs, dust particles, crumbs and other things on the screen or on a rag, you wipe the screen with a wet (but not strong) rag. Glue the film carefully, because of the water it can be moved, but it is impossible to overdo it with water, otherwise you can "drown" the tablet. After the entire procedure, using a plastic card and a piece of dry cloth, expel water and bubbles from under the film - you need to collect water directly at the outlet so that it does not flow into the case. After that, remove the last layer of film and ready. Perhaps the appearance of divorces - in a day they will pass.Link to the original post.
-I can only add that it is not necessary to wet the entire screen and punish some water in the center. And when applying the film, it will spread along the edges, but the effect is the same, but a lot of ways.Link to the original post.
Here islinkon an armored film, but here it is because there are several useful videos there, how to properly paste the film on the tablet.For the link "plus sign" Vint100
2.4. Drivers and other files from of.sayta.
2.4.1. USB Driver: Attached fileUSB_Acer_1.0_A42J_A.zip (53.98 MB)
File size: 56'603'342 bytes (53.9 MB)
2.4.2. QuickStartGuide:Attached file810-QuickStartGuide_Acer_1.0_A_A.zip(16.01 MB)
File size: 16'782'736 bytes (16 MB)
2.4.3. Manual:Attached fileUser Manual_Acer_1.0_A_A.pdf(3.55 MB)
File size: 3'725'238 bytes (3.55 MB)
or you can download it allherewith the choice of your model.
2.4.4. Full firmware latest version for A1-810Official firmware A1-810.
2.4.5. Full firmware latest version for A1-811Official firmware A1-811
2.5. The current war with bootloader, rollback and root
According to the survey, every third is not satisfied with Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
2.5.1. Downgrade on JellyBean and root on KitKat see topicfirmware
Message from baikal0912 :
Attention users updated on OS 4.4.2 !!!
Now I can definitely say that on 810 with OS 4.4.2 (KitKAt) getting root is not possible. Acer "closed" the ability to get root through the Toolkit.
At 811, this feature was “closed” at 4.2.2 on the RV08RC07 version (Wi-Fi access point).
MrJem, slavok8166 Thanks for the help.
Link to the message
2.5.2. To all usersA1-810 who for some reason cannot get a preparatory update to version Acer_AV052_A1-810_RV31RC03_WW_GEN1 and OS 4.4 - here Thanks, as always - baikal0912
2.5.3. 11.09.2014 14:43 MessagefromMoriveon: A huge request not to try to unlock the tablet now, the consequences can be very different! During the day we will try to fix it!
2.5.4. 11.09.2014 19:40 MessagefromMoriveon: Unlocking the bootloader + CWM for A1-810 4.4
Unlock bootloader + CWM for A1-810
Instruction
Attention! The author of the instructions is not responsible for the damage incurred during the unlocking of the tablet! Only for 4.4! Unlocking the tablet voids your warranty! MicroSD media may not work in CWM! Installing official zip files will be stopped!
Instruction # 1:
1. Download and unpack "Drivers.zip".
2. There will be two executable files:
2.1 Run install_driver.exe as Administrator if your OS is 32-bit.
2.2 Run installdrv64.exe as Administrator if your OS is 64-bit.
3. After starting, wait 2 minutes. There will be no response.
4. Restart the PC and connect the off tablet to it. New drivers can be installed.
Instruction # 2: Preparing for serious work.
1. Back up all tablet data !!
2. Copy all available MAC addresses!
3. We charge the tablet 100%!
Instruction # 3: Unlocking the bootloader and installing CWM.
1. Downloadingand unpack in a short way (without Russian letters!), for example in C: /
2. Run "/SPFT/flash_tool.exe".
3. Download the scatter from "/ 810 Unlocking and CWM /".
3.1 If the Rescue folder is used, then download the scatter from "/ Rescue /".
4. Click Window → Write Memory. Another tab will appear, open it.
5. Click on "Open RAW Data ...", select "/ 810 Unlocking and CWM / secuoff.img".
6. Memory type: EMMC.
7. Start Address: 0x3D80000.
8. Enter the address from the "File Size (bytes)" into the Container Length field.
Attached Image
9. Click "Write Memory".
10. Connect the switched off tablet to the PC.
11. The progress bar will be filled first with red, then purple, then gray-green.
12. Upon completion, you will see a green circle.
13. Disconnect the cable. DO NOT TRY to turn on the tablet!
14. Go to the "Download" tab.
15. Check the files:
PRELOADER "/ 810 Unlocking and CWM / preloader_unlock.bin"
RECOVERY "/ 810 Unlocking and CWM / recovery.img"
If the Rescue folder is used:
PRELOADER "/ 810 Rescue / preloader.bin"
RECOVERY "/ 810 Rescue / recovery.img"
SEC_RO "/ 810 Rescue / secro.img"
16. Click "Download" and connect the tablet to the PC.
17. The progress bar will be filled first with red, then purple, then yellow.
18. Upon completion, you will see a green circle.
19. Disconnect the cable, wait 5 seconds and try to turn on the tablet!
19.1 If everything started up normally, then try to log into CWM.
19.2 If the tablet does not respond to the Power button, then read Instruction # 3 using the Rescue folder.
19.2.1 If the tablet does not turn on after using the Rescue folder, then gohere.
19.3 If the Acer logo does not advance further, click Reset.
We enter the recovery in the same way as usual, just hold the buttons for 3 seconds longer.
See instructions in Englishhere
Thanks
Moriveon @savagemessiahzine.comaka FireDiamond @XDA
mr.bin @savagemessiahzine.com
Calingo @XDA
Vache @XDA
Shreps @XDA
swing4thefence @XDA
Immediately after unlocking, you can put yourself a root in this manner!
Immediately after receiving the root through CWM, flashbusybox!
First positive experienceand hisconfirmation number 1, confirmation number 2on xda
2.5.5. 15.09.2014 23:11 MessagefromMoriveon: Unlocking the bootloader + CWM for A1-811 4.4
Unlock bootloader + CWM for A1-811
Instruction
Attention! The author of the instructions is not responsible for the damage incurred during the unlocking of the tablet! Only for 4.4! Unlocking the tablet voids your warranty! MicroSD media may not work in CWM!
Instruction # 1:
1. Downloadingand unpack "Drivers.zip".
2. There will be two executable files:
2.1 Run install_driver.exe as Administrator if your OS is 32-bit.
2.2 Run installdrv64.exe as Administrator if your OS is 64-bit.
3. After starting, wait 2 minutes. There will be no response.
4. Restart the PC and connect the off tablet to it. New drivers can be installed.
Instruction # 2: Preparing for serious work.
1. Back up all tablet data !!
2. Copy all available MAC addresses!
3. We charge the tablet 100%!
Instruction # 3: Unlocking the bootloader and installing CWM.
1. Downloadingand unpack in a short way (without Russian letters!), for example in C: /
2. Run "/SPFT/flash_tool.exe".
3. Download the scatter from "/ 811 Unlocking and CWM /".
3.1 If the Rescue folder is used, then download the scatter from "/ Rescue /".
4. Click Window → Write Memory. Another tab will appear, open it.
5. Click on "Open RAW Data ...", select "/ 811 Unlocking and CWM / secuoff.img".
6. Memory type: EMMC.
7. Start Address: 0x3D80000.
8. Enter the address from the "File Size (bytes)" into the Container Length field.
Attached Image

9. Click "Write Memory".
10. Connect the switched off tablet to the PC.
11. The progress bar will be filled first with red, then purple, then gray-green.
12. Upon completion, you will see a green circle.
13. Disconnect the cable. DO NOT TRY to turn on the tablet!
14. Go to the "Download" tab.
15. Check the files:
RECOVERY "/ 811 Unlocking and CWM / recovery.img"
If the Rescue folder is used:
RECOVERY "/Rescue/recovery.img"
SEC_RO "/Rescue/secro.img"
16. Click "Download" and connect the tablet to the PC.
17. The progress bar will be filled first with red, then purple, then yellow.
18. Upon completion, you will see a green circle.
19. Disconnect the cable, wait 5 seconds and try to turn on the tablet!
19.1 If everything started up normally, then try to log into CWM.
19.2 If the tablet does not respond to the Power button, then read Instruction # 3 using the Rescue folder.
19.2.1 If the tablet does not turn on after using the Rescue folder, then go here.
19.3 If the Acer logo does not advance further, click Reset.
We enter the recovery in the same way as usual, just hold the buttons for 3 seconds longer.
Instructions in English
Thanks
Moriveon @savagemessiahzine.comaka FireDiamond @XDA
mr.bin @savagemessiahzine.com
shlyakpavel @savagemessiahzine.com
Shreps @XDA
3. MiniFAQ
3.1. Badly catches Wi-Fi. Falls asleep in sleep mode
Settings ->In the "Wi-Fi" section - settings (the upper right corner is three points vertically) ->"Additional functions" ->
1. "Wi-Fi in sleep mode" ->"Do not turn off"
2. "Wi-Fi Optimization" ->uncheck the box next to the item.
What it looks like
Attached Image
3.2. Can I call and send USSD requests from A1-811?
At the moment it is not possible.
3.3. Silent sound in the speaker
That is the speaker.
3.3.1. Slightly sound can be enhanced in the following way:
1. Install the program from the Play Market: MTK Engeneer Mode
2. Run the program and select the MTK Settings section.
3. Scroll sideways to the Hardware Tesing section.
4. Select the item Audio
5. Choose LoudSpeaker Mode
6. Change the digit opposite Max.Vol 0 ~ 160 to the value 160
3.3.2. Volume Up in MX Player
If you press the volume + rocker and do not let it go, it will first fill the volume slider with blue (15), and then (it turns out, if you do not let go of the rocker, it will continue to increase the volume) with white - another 15 (30).
3.3.3 Volume increase in WinAMP
In the equalizer, there is a separate dvigunok, if I remember correctly from the written version - called PreAmp. He gives me a good addition to the volume.
3.4. What to look for when buying
Ask to connect headphones and install a memory card to check the performance of microSD and audio jack connectors of 3.5 mm, and at the same time choose the headphones / headset and memory card suitable for this device (check to the maximum - 10th grade, 32 GB), and even if you are not going to purchase them right away - the sellers are obliged to show you the efficiency of all this. In a good way, one would also have to check Simka at once with simultaneous setting up the Internet, if you take A1-811. Also check the rear camera (take a photo 2-3 times the text in good light from a distance of 20-30 cm, then open the pictures and look at the clarity of the image. It is desirable that it be even throughout the picture. However, do not expect much from the camera). And, of course, check the work of Wi-Fi. If there is an opportunity - ask to show, also the work of HDMI, for complete happiness - there is no HDMI cable in the kit and still need to be purchased separately.
3.5. Do flash apps of the browser work on this tablet (for example, games with classmates)?
After installationAttached fileinstall_flash_player_ics.apk(4.49 MB)
- work, but only in stock browser.
Flash example
Attached Image
3.6. How to get rid of "unnecessary" system applications?
Option 1. "Evil and dangerous" - get Root rights and remove the application from the system folders.Note: The method is recommended only for those who are familiar with the Android OS not by hearsay, and is aware of the full degree of danger in getting the root and "picking" in the system folders.
Option 2. "Good and harmless (everything in this world is relative - do not touch unknown applications without urgent need)" - Go to the system settings, tap on the item "applications". In the right part we scroll down to the "all" tab, there we find the "unnecessary" application, tap on it. Next - clear the cache and data, stop the application, then disable it. To be sure, we reboot the tablet. To check again, in the same way, we find our application - a notification should appear to the right of it - “disabled”. Everything, the application in the background does not hang, notifications do not bother
3.7. Does the Acer Iconia Tab A1 - 810/811 have a usb host? Is it possible to connect mice, keyboards, joysticks?
USB Host is present in the device. The ability to connect mice, keyboards, joysticks is. You must purchase an OTG cable (not included).
3.8. USB modem connection.
To date, successful attempts to connect USB modems via an OTG cable have not been fixed.There are successful connections - readhereandhere
3.9. How to access developer options in Android 4.2
To do this, you need to perform the following steps:
1. Open the Settings menu.
2. Go to the "System" section, which is located at the very bottom
3. Tap on the item "About the tablet" (or "About the phone")
4. Find at the bottom of the item "Build Number"
5. Click on it about 10 times, then the developer options menu will open.
3.10. Glass or plastic?
How many people - so many opinions. It is hoped that glass is the result of damage (it looks like glass):
A photo
Attached Image

Not plastic (link to the message)
Good day.
Thank you for contacting Acer technical support.
Acer does not produce plastic screens, only from protected glass.
Best regards Acer technical support.
Nikita
3.11. What cards work on Acer Iconia Tab A1?
Below is a list of really working cards
3.11.1 Kingston microSDHC 32 GB 10 Classmb4rever , rommel13
3.11.2 Smartbuy microSD 32 GB 10 Classmb4rever
------- yShevyrev the same card is not determined
3.11.3 Transcend microSD 32 GB 10 ClassGray blue , pwsvc
3.11.4. Silicon power microSD 32 GB 10 ClassDanas7777
Here is the Silicon test
Random Read 512KB: 18.01 MB / s
Random Write 512KB: 8.35 MB / s
Here is the Kingston test
Sequential Write: 10.982 MB / s
Random Read 512KB: 19.569 MB / s
Random Write 512KB: 1.037 MB / s
Random Read 4KB (QD = 1): 3.610 MB / s [881.3 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD = 1): 1.271 MB / s [310.3 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD = 32): 3.090 MB / s [754.3 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD = 32): 1.070 MB / s [261.3 IOPS]
3.11.5. 128Gb memory card:mention here
3.12. How to find out balance (for A1-811).
3.12.1. C using SMS. Each operator (may also vary depending on the region) format and number to which they are sent - your(for example, MTS Voronezh region: SMS with the text "11" to number 111). You can find out the format and number either on the website or by calling your operator’s hotline.
3.12.2. Use a widget that uses SMS, not USSD (for example,such)
3.13. Can I install other Recovery or custom firmware on this A1?
With this question, welcome to the sectionFirmware
Old information
Not. Acer, not wanting to repair the hacked devices, blocked the bootloader.
What is a bootloader?
This is a small program that is in the memory of the microcontroller along with the main program (firmware). Bootloader allows you to erase, read or rewrite the memory area in which the main program is located. Usually, using a bootloader, the microcontroller is flashed without using a special programmer. This is very convenient if you need to remotely correct errors detected during the operation of the device, or if you need to change the functionality of the device. Bootloader can be presented as a checkpoint to all sections of the device (One of which is for storing system files, the other for applications and others for all trash).
For this reason, you can not "go through customs" in the section with Recovery and just replace it.
What is Recovery?
Recovery is a special mode of loading your device, which is launched by pressing a certain key combination. In recovery, you can restore or install updates for the OS.
For the same reason, it is impossible to install a firmware other than the original one.
If you want to help unlock Bootloader, you can leave your signature inPetitions to unlock the bootloader referred to in clause 2.1. real hats.
3.14. When will the official Android 4.4 KitKat for our tablet?
By unverified data - never.Updates to both tablets came out.
Excerpt from the source in its original form
1. Acer Android tablets are not receiving any Kit updates. May still continue.
Free translation Danas7777
1. The previous Acer Android tablets will not receive a single upgrade to KitKat. Updates with bug fixes and improvements may still appear.
3.15. How to disassemble the tablet?
3.15.1. How to remove the back cover of the tablet or incomplete disassembly.
Figure 1. Right here - arrow 1. or 2. - pick up with a fingernail (the nail is restored, and there is no regeneration at the lid, so if you use tools - you can leave scratches) and when the cover comes out of the grooves slightly, we also easily lead with the nail, first down - to the HDMI connector, and then in the direction of the arrow 3., gently pulling the cover off the case. And so on the perimeter (arrows 4., 5.) through the top edge to the bottom edge. Then she actually removed herself.
Attached Image

Here is a photo of a tablet without a cover. The arrow indicates the location of the speaker.
Attached Image

Speaker Pos. 1. and its connector - pos.2. Further disassembly continues with a violation of the guarantee, because - the warranty label - position 3, and the speaker seems to be glued to the bottom (according to the sensations on the double-sided tape).
Attached Image

Here is a bigger one - battery specification.
Attached Image

There is more about it herehereabout the speaker (with photo), and a couple of lines about how to remove the back cover.

P.S. Assembling exactly in the reverse order - put the bottom part of the cover at an angle into place, lower it onto the tablet, and through the long empty side of the tablet, lightly pressing, setting the cover back. And so around the perimeter.
and more photos fromsevere_angel
Attached Image
3.16. I connect to the computer - it seems like a flash drive and the charge does not go, why?
The computer does not have enough power to charge the battery.
Answer frombaikal0912
The current when charging from a USB PC is about 470 mA, and the tablet, when turned on, needs about 750-900 mA to work. What do you think should be charged? P.S This applies not only to this tablet.
3.17. When charging, the touch-screen (touch screen) does not work well. That is pressed not there, then he himself is pressed, then multiple presses, instead of one. What is the reason?
To avoid such excesses, use the original charger and usb cable. The reason lies in the use of chargers with different values ​​of voltage and current.
3.18. How to transfer applications and games to a memory card?
The only thing that can be transferred to an external SD is the game cache on OS 4.2.2. You need root
Since March<...>the situation has not changedAcer Iconia A1-810 / A1-811 - Discussion (Post # 30151729)
baikal0912
3.19. How to disable demo mode?
Without dancing with a tambourine, only resetting to factory settings will help (wipe data / factory reset).
3.20. How to get to Recovery?
3.20.1 English Recovery- volume up + power.
3.20.2 Chinese Engineering Mode - Volume Down + Power
3.21. How to get into the engineering menu?
Go to the Play Store, type in the search bar "engineering mode" select and install a program, for example, MTK Engeneer Mode
4. Marriage
There are very reasonable suspicions that there is a consignment of A1-811 carrying incorrectly working power controllers on its board that allow for a full discharge of the battery (up to the real 0%). Besides the fact that it is negative for the battery itself, in this case, you just can’t “start” your tablet at all without the help of the SC. Therefore, try not to bring your tablet to complete "exhaustion."
The gap between the display
On the glass of the camera, the chips and the card slot are broken
Camera
Rubbish under glass
Micro SD connector broken
Micro SD connector 2 broke
5. Survey results
5.1. Poll №1
5.1.1 Original
Attached Image
5.1.2. My version.
Attached Image
5.1.3. Brief "analysis".
So what do we have? According to the results of the survey, 55 people expressed their opinions. Of these, 30 people are owners of Acer Iconia Tab A1-810 and 25 people are A1-811. Of course, this is a meager amount, for an adequate assessment and analysis, but the rich they are, the more they are pleased. Thus, with a small difference, we have almost 50 to 50 ratio of owners of the models under discussion. Moreover, the vast majority of tablet owners are satisfied with their purchase (only two people were unhappy).
Let's start.
1. Let's start with the good - the brightness of the screen. Almost half of the respondents, 53%, consider the screen bright enough, a little less - 47%, are of the opinion that the brightness is average and a little brightness would not hurt, but, in general, they are also satisfied with it, and only one person found the brightness of the tablet low. Thus, we can assume that the device has a screen with brightness, satisfying the majority of users and corresponding to its price range.
2. The next item also pleases - the quality of reception Wi-Fi. Here, with a margin of 24%, satisfied users of wireless technologies are leading. Again, one person believes that the Wi-Fi receiver in the Iconia A line does not stand up to criticism (we can assume that there is some kind of marriage in the tablet of the voter, which caused the disgusting quality of signal reception). And the remaining 38% brought the device to the middling (it catches well, but the receiver could have been more powerful). Taking into account the relatively long battery discharge time, you can safely write it off as a compromise (worse signal, but longer).
3. Here is a solid middle - the volume of the external speaker. The diagram clearly shows that Iconia would not have been more disturbed by a more powerful speaker - 67% considered it moderately loud, and only 4% were completely satisfied with its volume. But 29 percent consider it frankly quiet. That is, Acer engineers should pay attention to this fact - many use the device in the zone of increased noise background (that's why it is a mobile device) and the lack of sound can lead them to choose from other manufacturers.
4. We turn to the less pleasant - problems with headphones. Yes, on average, 82% of the respondents did not have any problems with them, yes, another 11% got it, but more than 7% got a tablet with a poor-quality 3.5 mm connector. This is especially true of the A1-810 model (10% - everything is bad, 17% had to suffer). Hence the conclusion that those who will buy the tablet in the future should pay close attention to this aspect when choosing a device.
5. And absolutely bad - marriage. If we accept that all respondents actually had a manufacturing defect, and not, I apologize, crooked hands or inaccurate handling of digital equipment by both operators and those who delivered / sold it to him, then we have not the best percentage of marriage 11% . What is there, to put it mildly - a rotten percentage. Given that Acer, this is some kind of, but still a brand - such a percentage is unacceptable. Now we disconnect the models again - the first-born of the line again had to be worse, apparently, at the time of the release of the 811th, the technology was rolled back or even some jambs were eliminated.
6. Well, and again about the good - 96% of people are quite happy with their choice, regardless of all the disadvantages of Iconia A, all of its shortcomings and, I hope so, all its children's sores.
Conclusion (based on the survey, of course): Acer Iconia Tab A1 - worthy of the stated price for it and will be of interest to a large circle of buyers. As for the drawbacks and disadvantages, 50% of them can be avoided by simply spending more time buying this “pill” (after reading the results of this survey and, in section 3.4. Of this cap, you should pay attention).
In general, this survey, albeit not very serious in terms of the number of respondents, will give reason for reflection, to those who are considering the acquisition of Aikonia. And maybe even help avoid grieving, misunderstanding and waste of time and nerves. I hope that this will happen.
Sincerely, Danas7777.
5.2. Survey №2
5.2.1 Original
Attached Image
5.2.2. My version.
Attached Image
5.2.3. Brief "analysis".
Total Approximately 82% of owners of AIT A1-81x prefer to order accessories in online stores, while slightly more than half of them sympathize with E-Bay. This suggests that the population has increased confidence in Internet services. Moreover, with this method of acquisition, noticeably less body movements are done (running around the shops, searching for suitable products and comparing and costing - after all, how much easier it is to spend half an hour in front of the computer). On the other hand, there are dangerous underwater rocks: 10% did not receive their order, and also 10% are not satisfied with the received goods. Unfortunately, they did not unsubscribe from me, for what reason they did not receive it or are not satisfied with it, and it is impossible to give an objective analysis of the situation. The only thing that can be said is to be careful when ordering, both to the ordered product (carefully read its description, characteristics and view the attached photos to them) and to the supplier (for example, by looking at its rating). Also, you should pay attention to the cost of delivery - if there is no indication that the delivery is free, be prepared to overpay from 70 to 150 dollars (which, in my opinion, for the price category of accessories is unacceptable).
Sincerely, Danas7777.
5.3. Poll # 3: Marmalade dragee or a sweet couple - is it worth updating?
Which operating system is better?
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean - 60 people
Android 4.4.2 KitKat - 120 people
Thus, every third is not happy with the update. The main reason is the inability to get full root rights for the current moment, the phone view of the settings menu and the insignificance of changes.
Comments, comments and suggestions are welcome.(in PM, QMC).

Post has been editedMgalex - 26.11.17, 20:02
Reason for editing: Removed broken link
cenyt
Message#2
13.07.13, 16:40
Passerby
[offline]

Messages 447
Huawei P10 Plus VKY-L09

I looked, there were no questions on the tablet, so I will write a more detailed review.
Background:
Since sometimes I travel on business trips and after a couple of weeks I am going on vacation, I decided to look for a smaller device for myself. I am the owner of the Archos G9 101 (for the year I have already sent 4 times for repairs - the USB cable for the modem is constantly falling off) HP TouchPad is heavy and there is no SD card slot. The criteria for selection were:
- IPS 8 "4: 3 screen
- camera
- GPS
- 3G
- card slot
Options were:TechniPad 8G, Archos 80 XenonandAcer Iconia A1 811.
Unfortunately, of all, only Acer Iconia A1 810 without 3G is currently being sold. I decided to donate mobile Internet and bought A1-810.
After opening the box, two defects were found. The SD card was not fixed and there was dust on the camera, plastic chips on the camera. Had to exchange.
Impressions after weekly use:
Pros:
- Android 4.2.2
- display with a resolution of 1024x768
- memory card slot
- Micro HDMI ports (connected to TV) and Micro USB 2.0
- camera 5 MP
-Most games go without problems
Minuses:
-battery holds less than Arhos
plastic screen
-WI-Fi connection is not very
-dynamic ... well, he is
-GPS looking for a very long time and finding few satellites.
Generally for 189 Euro is not bad. antutu benchmark showed 12939 points. Web surfing without problems. The screen is bright, contrasting, but worse than the iPad mini. The case is 4-4.5 out of 5 good. The screen and the case are quickly covered with fingerprints. I pasted a matte film and bought a case.
For the sake of interest, I put several "heavy" games. Iron Man 3 only at loading braked, Zombiewood - in general without problems. But Asphalt 7: Heat slows down a bit when playing. Skype goes without problems. Camera for 5MP average. 4: 3 aspect ratio is inconvenient for watching videos, but for me this criterion was not important.
Well, that's basically all.
sample photo
Attached Image

photo of my tablet
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedcenyt - 19.07.13, 08:54
Reason for editing: Rewrote review

--------------------
Available: Huawei Nova, Xiaomi Redmi 4x, Huawei P10 Plus
It was: SGS7, Moto G4 +, OnePlus 3T, Lumia 950 XL, Moto X Play, Sony Z3c, Nokia Lumia 1020, iPhone 4S ...
It was, but not for long: LG G3, Honor 8, Xperia XC, BQ Aquaris X Pro
- Serge -
Message#3
14.07.13, 08:52
It is better to be silent
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 3957
Check in: 04.01.12
Apple iPhone 6 Plus

M
Topic moved to subsection"Acer".

--------------------
Yes.ImP
Message#4
14.07.13, 17:51
User
[offline]

Messages 87
Check in: 31.03.09
Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930FD

walked around a bunch of magazovs, such as mvideo, eldorado, connected, but could not find him to hold in his hands

and it is interesting when A1-811 finally appears in Russia, so far you can buy it except that:
http://www.computeruniverse.ru/products/90...t-a1-811-3g.asp

I plan to use it mainly on trips, I wonder how visually it is larger than the same ipad mini?
Is the holder for iPads suitable for him?

torpedo such:1, 2.

upd
All, I found a comparison with ipad mini and galaxy note 8.0:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg6KEQyGkb0
Acer is the largest ..

Post has been editedYes.ImP - 14.07.13, 18:26
karim334
Message#5
14.07.13, 19:07
Local
[offline]

Messages 191
Check in: 03.04.13
HTC Radar

What are your impressions? I just had the Acer Iconia tab b1-a71. So, the tablet covered with a copper basin. So I decided to buy this miracle to replace b1. Generally cool? ;)

--------------------

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro download

HTC Flyer
segurant
Message#6
14.07.13, 20:11
Local
[offline]

Messages 245
Check in: 05.01.09
Huawei Ascend P6

cenyt

Based on what is concluded that the screen is not covered with protective glass?

Tell me, where did you get the case on the photo?

Pre-ordered A1-811 on computeruniverse.ru.

Post has been editedsegurant - 14.07.13, 20:24
cenyt
Message#7
14.07.13, 22:54
Passerby
[offline]

Messages 447
Huawei P10 Plus VKY-L09

segurantBased on the tablet that I have in my hands now;) Well, if you don’t believe me, you can watch the test forComputerbild.deThere of course in German, but Google will be able to translate. I did not take the cover of my own, he seemed to be made a la iPad but decided toamazon.deother. Asked in our Mediamarkt when there will be a version with 3G (A1-811) said that they are waiting in August.
By the way, here's another test found onnotebookcheck.comUnfortunately, also in German.

Post has been editedcenyt - 14.07.13, 23:19

--------------------
It was: SGS7, Moto G4 +, OnePlus 3T, Lumia 950 XL, Moto X Play, Sony Z3c, Nokia Lumia 1020, iPhone 4S ...
cenyt
Message#8
14.07.13, 23:07
Passerby
[offline]

Messages 447
Huawei P10 Plus VKY-L09

Karim334Cool .... well, I do not know. As I wrote, for 180 euros is not bad. Worth the money. For me, it would probably be a cool iPad mini on which the android is installed :-) But the iPad and costs 140 euros more expensive.

Post has been editedcenyt - 14.07.13, 23:40

--------------------
lega150493
Message#9
14.07.13, 23:39
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 13
Check in: 09.09.11

Hello.
The tablet took, happy as an elephant. I have been using for 12 days. No complaints.
If you need information - ask.
And now I will tell you a little about him.
The tablet itself is very comfortable in the hand, but brand. 7.9 inches visually to the eyes is very pleasant, but if the tablet is needed for movies, then the black bars at the bottom are very distracting.
About rastemov. The 32 flash drive reads fine, the mini HDMI works. I connected to the plasma, all the information was transmitted perfectly.
OTG cable works, sees flash drives, keyboard, mouse, gamepad. The modem did not try to connect.
Games - and pulls everything with a bang.
In addition to World War Z.
Maybe I'm krivoruky, but you never know.
The speaker really is not so hot.
In general, if you have questions, ask.
cenyt
Message#10
14.07.13, 23:47
Passerby
[offline]

Messages 447
Huawei P10 Plus VKY-L09

lega150493,Here I have questions right away. How to slot for Sd card? I have a feeling that he is flimsy. On the first tablet it broke at all, and on this I try to insert the card carefully. About the battery is another question. I like the discharge of the battery up to 15-20% comes up, so immediately pops up a message that there are 8-10% left, then 3% immediately turns off. And this all happens in seconds 10. You have no such problems?

Post has been editedcenyt - 14.07.13, 23:48

--------------------
lega150493
Message#11
14.07.13, 23:54
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 13

SD card.
So, I thought that it would also be flimsy, but no, it does not fall out, it keeps perfectly. I've probably 50 times pulled her back and forth, all is well.
The truth is very inconvenient that it is not closed, and next to the volume rocker.
And now about the battery.
My battery keeps hours up to 7-8, this is when reading (one and a half hours), a movie (with the included file fay and max brightness) and an hour of play.
Well, internet surfing.
What is going on with the battery, yes, there is such a thing, it is not a glitch, but something quickly discharges it, I have 40 minutes from 20 percent with wai fae working.
But through time.
If I am launching a movie or a game, it jumps almost the same.
and no, not seconds in 10, minutes in 10-15.
But if the Internet and other things, everything is fine.
cenyt
Message#12
15.07.13, 00:09
Passerby
[offline]

Messages 447
Huawei P10 Plus VKY-L09

I meant the behavior of the battery in the last 10-20%. It will be necessary to make a screenshot and show me.

--------------------
Yes.ImP
Message#13
15.07.13, 10:08
User
[offline]

Messages 87

Is there an A-GPS in the tablet? how long does a cold start take? (if A-GPS is still there, you need an Internet connection for it)

if not hard, can somebody put a DailyRoads Voyager:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...ads.v&hl=en
and lay out an example of recording video in mp4 / h.264, 1280x720 format, average bitrate, frame rate: high (or medium, so that at least 24 turns out), well, for comparison, you can just 1920x1080 and everything at max.

Post has been editedYes.ImP - 15.07.13, 10:45
cenyt
Message#14
15.07.13, 10:26
Passerby
[offline]

Messages 447
Huawei P10 Plus VKY-L09

Yes.ImP,Cold start lasted at least five minutes. But as I wrote, it finds few satellites. About A-GPS and DailyRoads will tell later. I will come home after the rabety and check it out.

--------------------
karim334
Message#15
15.07.13, 12:09
Local
[offline]

Messages 191
Check in: 03.04.13
HTC Radar

: rofl:
Hmm, now it remains to decide Ipad mini is Acer iconia tab A1!

--------------------
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 ProHTC Flyer
Yes.ImP
Message#16
15.07.13, 12:29
User
[offline]

Messages 87

A review containing, among other things, benchmarks and a comparison with the ipad:http://www.hardwareluxx.ru/index.php/artik...nia-a1-810.html
Probably you can add to the header.
cenyt
Message#17
15.07.13, 19:06
Passerby
[offline]

Messages 447
Huawei P10 Plus VKY-L09

A-GPS is
a photo
Attached Image

But DailyRoads did not go with me. I downloaded, installed, opened, but more ... Various types of video recordings tried - hangs. Satellites lose and the picture freezes. I do not know, maybe it's just me? Can lega150493 still try?
The most interesting thing is that I tried to write video via CameraMX, so the video is really written, but the picture is terribly twitching.

Post has been editedcenyt - 15.07.13, 19:07

--------------------
lega150493
Message#18
15.07.13, 23:22
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 13

A-GPS is
a photo
[attachment = "3201506: Screensh ... 17-35-41.png"]

But DailyRoads did not go with me. I downloaded, installed, opened, but more ... Various types of video recordings tried - hangs. Satellites lose and the picture freezes. I do not know, maybe it's just me? Can lega150493 still try?
The most interesting thing is that I tried to write video via CameraMX, so the video is really written, but the picture is terribly twitching.

So, about DailyRoads - video writes, but there is an eternal search for satellites.
When I'm in town, I believe again. Just whether the cottage is in the hole, or some other trouble.
lega150493
Message#19
15.07.13, 23:45
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 13

So. Generally.
I will write to whom this tablet fits.
1) Who likes to play. NFS, GTA, Real racing, MS4 - at maximum speed without lags.
2) To 7 inches small. That is, if you like to read, then this is the thing if you don’t want to carry a 10 inch shovel with you.
3) Anyone who does not want to give the extra 10 bucks for ipad.
True if the axis is more like it, then buy)
4) If you need an inexpensive, but high-quality tablet with a release, sd connector and a camera, medium, but still not bad.
5) Who is constantly surfing in the internet.
Who does not need a tablet.
1) Those who constantly watch movies.
2) To the one who does not like android.
Yes.ImP
Message#20
16.07.13, 11:28
User
[offline]

Messages 87

Sadly, DailyRoads doesn't work properly. Maybe with a connected wi-fi internet try to have A-GPS enabled?

On computeruniverse.ru, the delivery time for A-811 has changed by 3-4 weeks: (
Who ordered also shows?
mishoval
Message#21
16.07.13, 12:19
a guest
[offline]

Messages 4
Check in: 14.09.08

Well, Igo Primo 2.0 and Sygic Aura 13.1.1 works fine. Try it!
Acer

308 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 02.05.19, 22:15