> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Sony Xperia C - Discussion | Smartphone 5 "

Rep: (147)
Discussion of the Sony Xperia C 2305 (S39h)
PictureS2305, S39h, Pelican
Description | Discussion | Firmware | Unofficial firmware | Modifications of software and decorations | Fludilka | Glossary | Games and software for Sony Xperia C

• Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Beginners are advised to readAndroid FAQandXperia C FAQ.

A photo
Attached ImageAttached Image
Specifications
Display and design
• 5 inch TFT display
• Resolution: 960 x 540 pixels
• Depth of color: 16 million colors
• Capacitive touchscreen with QWERTY on-screen keyboard
• Record screenshots
• Voice input
• Support work 2 smikart
• STAMINA battery mode
• Input with gestures

CPU
• Quad-core processor MTK6589 with a frequency of 1.2 GHz

operating system
• Google Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)

Memory
• RAM: 1 GB
• Built-in memory: 4 GB
• Support for microSD memory cards up to 32 GB

Network
• GSM 900/1800/1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
• HSDPA 900/2100

Connectivity and communication
• 3.5 mm audio jack (CTIA)
• Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
• Support for Media Transfer Protocol (MTP)
• Supports use in USB modem mode.
• Media Go
• PC Companion
•Duplicating screen
• Synchronization with computer and via SyncML or Microsoft
• Exchange ActiveSync
• High speed USB 2.0 connector and Micro USB connector
• Supports Wi-Fi technology and Wi-Fi access zones.

Camera and video
• 8 megapixel camera with 4x digital zoom
• Self-portrait function
• Front camera for making video calls
• Record HD video (1080p)
• Touch Focus
• Face Recognition
• Shooting panoramic photos using Sweep Panorama technology
• Exmor R mobile sensor

Entertainment
• Games in 3D
• Motion Gaming Technology
• FM radio with radio data transmission system
• Watching videos in streaming mode.

Music
• Three-dimensional surround sound (VPT)
• Stereo Bluetooth (A2DP)
• Features ClearAudio +, Clear bass, Clear Phase and Clear stereo
• WALKMAN application
• Manual equalizer

Battery
• Talk time: up to 14 h. 4 min.
• Standby time: up to 588 h.
• Music playback time: up to 111 h. 47 min.
• Video playback time: up to 12 hours and 25 minutes.

physical characteristics
• Dimensions: 141.5 x 74.15 x 8.88 mm
• Weight: 153 g
Description on the official website of the manufacturerSony.
Reviews
User Reviews
1. User Review bsviper
2. User Review pipidenie
3. User Review marat_e
4. User Review REPER401
5. Comparison of devices from cross.men
6. User Submitted Video serik200
Instructions
For those who are faced with the inscription "the entry point to the setdefaultdlldirectories procedure was not found in the KERNEL 32.dll DLL"
Installation of the engineering menu
Self-replacement touchscreen
Ways to increase the volume through the engineering menu
Setting an individual melody to a single contact
Setting melodies (where)
Replacing standard system sounds
GPS improvement
A way to disable the national roaming alert (need Xposed Framework)
Lock Pattern Bypass Instructions
Video instruction hard reset (including reset graph key) Sony Xperia C c2305
Solution for installing Xperia Companion
------
signed layout of elements on the board (thanksMetaweter ) Attached fileC2305 Component Replacement.pdf(2.01 MB)
Ya.Disk
------
Shortcuts + Service Codes
Key combinations:
If the device is turned OFF
Hold = Volume- =, USB cable connects to the computer and press Power ->FLASHMODE (the GREEN diode lights up) - firmware of official firmware
Volume Down + Power, as the current see the droid, press the camera button =We enter the recovery!
Now you are in recovery.

You see a few points.
  • Restart phone- restart the phone
  • Apply update from ADB
  • Apply update from sdcard- installing updates from sd card
  • Apply update from cache- install update from cache
  • Wipe data / factory reset- cleaning user data (data)
  • Wipe cache partition- cache clearing
  • Backup user data- create backup (copy) of user data (data) on the memory card
  • Restore user data- restore backup (copy) from the memory card.
  • System checksum

(I have not found a combination to enter the fastboot yet.)
If the device is ON
Power + Volume Down - Screenshot.
Shutter with two fingers, long tap on sound profiles -BesAudEnh
If the device is DEPENDING on the download animation
1. A long press of the button = on = and = volume + =, when the animation is on, leads to a reboot of the phone.
2. Long press of the same buttons, but with the caption = Sony =, leads to the shutdown of the device
Service codes :
IMEI phone -*#06#
Login to the service menu -*#*#7378423#*#*
Entrance to the engineering menu(you need to install) - *#*#3646633#*#*

PictureSony Xperia C2305 on siteXDA .
Cap updates
Bringing the rules for curators dated 11/17/2017 in accordance with the amendments
signed layout of elements on the board
Tidying up the hat
Added: How to use topic search
Added: Related topic "[UNOFFICIAL] Cyanogenmod 11 (OS4.4.X)"
year 2014
Added: New way to restore your phone via SUS
The link to the Instructions for flashing the phone and installing the modified recovery has been edited
Added - "Another topic for beginners."
Added - "Instructions for repartitioning memory"
Added - "A line about the failure to support the smartphone"
Added item - "Updates caps."

Topics CuratorMiha_xXx for all questions and suggestions contact in QMS

Post has been editedMiha_xXx - 17.11.17, 21:35
Reason for editing: Alignment with the changes to the rules for curators from 11/17/2017

Rep: (6)
In China, you can already order 1520 yuan, about 250 bucks. But what scares no one has tested this miracle

Rep: (19)
In China, you can already order 1520 yuan, about 250 bucks. But what scares no one has tested this miracle

Can I post a link?

Rep: (1304)
Nezhdanchik!
Today Sony Mobile Communications (Sony Mobile) announces the imminent start of sales in Russia of the Xperia C - a smartphone with a 5-inch screen and advanced multimedia capabilities, which uses Sony's new technologies in the field of creating and subsequent image processing. The novelty will be available at key partners from mid-October.
The recommended price of the device is 12,990 rubles.

http: //savagemessiahzine.com/2013/09/25/116472/

And copy here the full specifications:
Sony Xperia C
  • Colors
    • Black
    • White
    • Purple

• Data
    • Size: 141.5 x 74.15 x 8.88 mm
    • Weight: 153 gr.
    • Operating System: Google ™ Android ™ 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
    • Processor: 1.2 GHz MTK6589 quad-core

• Camera
    • 8 MPix
    • 4x digital zoom
    • Autofocus
    • Face recognition
    • Flash / backlight
    • Front Camera (VGA)
    • Geotags
    • Self-timer
    • Direct sending to the Internet
    • Smile shutter ™
    • Video stabilizer
    • Sweep panorama
    • Touch Screen Capture
    • Touch screen focus
    • Video light
    • Video recording (Full HD 1080p)

• Music
    • 3D Surround Sound (VPT)
    • Album Visualization
    • Bluetooth ™ stereo (A2DP)
    • ClearAudio + Mode
    • Clear ba
    • Clear Phase ™
    • Clear stereo
    • Dynamic normalizer
    • Manual equalizer
    • PlayNow ™ service *
    • Music Recognition TrackID ™ *
    • Player “WALKMAN”
    • xLoud ™ Experience

• the Internet
    • Bookmarks
    • NeoReader ™ Barcode Scanner *
    • Web Browser (WebKit ™)

• Communication
    • Call list
    • Conference calls
    • Speaker
    • Video conference

• Email
    • Handwriting Recognition
    • Instant messages
    • Mms
    • Predictive text input
    • SMS

• Design
    • Auto-rotate screen
    • 12-key on-screen keyboard
    • QWERTY keyboard on screen
    • Wallpaper
    • Capture Screenshots
    • STAMINA power saving mode
    • Touch screen
    • Voice Data Entry
    • Background Image Animation

• Entertainment
    • 3D games
    • Media browser
    • Motion gaming
    • Radio (FM radio with RDS)
    • Streaming video

• Organizer
    • Airplane mode
    • Alarm clock
    • Calculator
    • The calendar
    • Contacts
    • Office applications
    • eCompass ™
    • Notes
    • Setup Guide
    • Stopwatch
    • Timer
    • World clock

• Connections
    • 3.5 mm jack (CTIA)
    • Bluetooth ™ Wireless Technology 4.0
    • Media transfer protocol support
    • Micro USB support
    • Native USB tethering
    • Media Go ™ *
    • PC Companion
    • Play anywhere
    • Screen Duplication Function
    • Smart connect
    • Sync with SyncML ™
    • Computer synchronization
    • Sync with Microsoft®
    • Exchange ActiveSync®
    • Support USB High speed 2.0
    • USB charging
    • Xperia Link ™
    • Wi-Fi®
    • Wi-Fi Direct
    • Wi-Fi® Hotspot functionality

• Display
    • 5 inch display
    • 960x540 pixels
    • 16,777,216-color TFT
    • Scratch Proof Screen (Schott 2nd source)

• Memory**
    • Internal phone memory: 4 GB (up to 2 GB user-accessible memory)
    • Expansion Slot: microSD ™ card slot (supports up to 32 GB)

• Network
    • UMTS HSPA + 900 (Band VIII), 2100 (Band I) MHz
    • GSM GPRS / EDGE 900, 1800, 1900 MHz

• Working hours***
    • Removable battery: 2390 mAh standard (2330 mAh minimum)
    • GSM talk time: Up to 14 hours 4 min.
    • GSM Standby Time: Up to 588 hours
    • UMTS talk time: Up to 12 hours 25 min.
    • UMTS Standby Time: Up to 605 hours
    • Listening to music: Up to 111 hours 47 min.
    • Video playback: Up to 12 hours 25 min.

Post has been edited5 [Strogino] - 25.09.13, 17:40

Something like Sony does not like narrow frames)))

But it doesn’t bother me)
The price is more embarrassing - if 8990 rubles would have been.

By the way, whitepaper with a description of the characteristics:http: //www-support-downloads.sonymobile.co...05_xperia_c.pdf
Well, I really like that Sony is always serious about documenting their products.

By the way, the internal model number is C2305 (it looks like there will be one, since there is no distinction between frequencies and lte support here)

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r....;id=19531625609

Rep: (15)
Tell me, how much will PPI with such a screen?

Rep: (888)
777mcg
Tell me, how much will PPI with such a screen?

Cap:
Black & White @ 07/11/2013, 13:05*
Screen: 5 "IPS,220.3PPI , qHD 960 x 540, 16M colors

Those interested can double-checkDPI \ PPI Calculator

Rep: (156)
Spaun_Studio,
PPI in this way, even with a 5 "display, the display will exceed the PPI of my old Optimus first? Hmm ... But many now yell that they say there is little ND on the display ...

Rep: (2)
Hi, where from China can I order this device I want to take ???

Rep: (213)
Dimaxxx9112 @ 09.26.2013, 16:06*
Hi, where from China can I order this device I want to take ???

do not want to place?http: //savagemessiahzine.com/2013/09/25/116472/

Rep: (2148)
5 [Strogino] @ 09/25/2013, 23:53*
By the way, the internal model number is C2305

Not certainly in that way. Model C2305 is designed for Europe (European regions, America) and model S39H for Asia. The difference in the ranges for 3G, the absence / presence of some languages ​​and possibly locked up under nat. the operator. Although the latter is not a fact.

Regarding the firmware: Official firmware is listed under the number16.0.A.0.47 - Android 4.2.2. Jelly bean . It is identical for smartphones in all regions.
Access is expected very soon, while there are sources, from which a port is already going to other devices on the MTK6589 / MTK6589T processor.

UPD: updated data: firmware on devices under the number 16.0.A.0.36 (Android 4.2.2), however, it will be possible to upgrade to 16.0.A.0.47 (also Android 4.2.2)

Post has been editedAeronliru - 29.09.13, 11:27
Reason for editing: Added firmware info

I got S39h. He took for his wife, while I drive with him. The phone is ambiguous. The sound is excellent, the screen, I would say, will be worse than on my Jiayu G3s, at least less bright, but nevertheless very clear and the viewing angles are good. Auto brightness works correctly and from the box (unlike G3)
I have not tested the battery yet, by the way it is not removable. I’ve already disassembled it, since it “bricked” it, trying to flash custom recovery through MTKDROIDTOOLS, but it was not possible to measure the real power, because It was necessary to solder the cable. The case is disassembled easily, but removing the back cover to put SIM cards or microSDs was a whole problem for me. But by putting it into the bumper, which came with the body, the problem slightly decreased, because Now the back cover is removed along with the bumper (only until I tried to pull the cover out of the bumper).
The case does not creak and does not play, but it is made very “original” - the back cover is not quite back, but how to explain it, the back-side. It includes all side faces. It’s as if a screen with attached boards and a battery are taken out of it. To remove it, as I already wrote, is rather difficult.
What has not yet pleased is the camera (this was the main requirement, I hoped for the brand, but so far the pictures are worse than on the Xperia Arc which the spouse is using now). We must try third-party programs, maybe better. While shooting a few examples below. I was surprised by the picture in complete darkness (with a tiger on the wall) - the flash works fine and is very powerful
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

In the process of recovering from brick, the firmware became 16.0.A.0.47 (which I did not remember from the factory). There is no Russian. There are only English and Chinese. MORELOCALE partially Russified, but the settings remained in English and periodically after a reboot Russian to English is reset and you have to reactivate in morelocale. Got root using MTKDROIDTOOLS.
I was afraid, by the way, that 3G would not work, but no, it works: rolleyes:
WIFI works well. GPS today for the first time connected with satellites for 30 seconds !!!!!! And this is from a cold start !!! It is reconnected after signal loss (for example, after a tunnel) almost instantly. The “inertia” effect of speed observed by me on G3s and on the HDC Huaxin HX9299A is practically absent here. That is, after the car stops, the speed almost immediately becomes equal to zero. After those stops, after a stop, you “drive” somewhere else for 5-10 seconds.
If that is interesting, ask, until I handed it to my wife I can answer.
Now please help:
1. I can not fasten the Play Market. Took from here -GAPPSIt is set, you can enter your account, or create a new one, but then at startup it says no connection, and something constantly flies like google.service.framework unexpectedly stopped working or the same thing about other Google applications. After installing almost all the gapps, I even managed to synchronize the contacts, but Play did not work. How to screw it all the same? Maybe I’m not putting it (it seems under MIUI)?
2. How to Russify the firmware or can someone tell me where to get it and how to fill in the official one with the Russian language?

If that is interesting, ask, until I handed it to my wife I can answer.

Tell us how you managed to restore from brick? I understand that the wrong process of getting the root led to the brick. And since there are no firmware, how did you manage it?
What is the correct way to get root on the Chinese version?
Is the model everywhere displayed as s39h?

5 [Strogino] @ 09/30/2013, 16:26*
What is the correct way to get root on the Chinese version?
Is the model everywhere displayed as s39h?

Ruth received through MTK Droid & Root Tools, simply by pressing the ROOT button. I chose SuperSU. The phone rebooted and root appeared. Okirpichil trying to install recovery through the same program (Recovery and Boot button). The phone went out and did not turn on anymore. I did not respond to the power button. Climbing through Chinese forums I found a recommendation to restore some kind of software. Downloaded - it turned out this is Sony Update Service. You need to start it, hold down the volume and power on the phone - the green indicator lights up, then connect to the computer, the program saw it, downloaded the firmware and downloaded it to the phone.
S39h wherever possible.
By the way, after the recovery, the "USB Debugging" function was not turned on and there was no menu item for developers to enable it. Accordingly, the bodies were not seen by MTK Droid & Root Tools and other programs (programs from Sony saw it). It turned out to be easy to include the “for developers” item - a few quick clicks on the item with firmware (Build number) in the phone information.

Rep: (2148)
1. I can not fasten the Play Market

I somehow ran into this stone in my firmware too, it said "it is not possible to establish a stable connection" and the Market crashed. It is treated by reinstalling Market, Google Play Services, Google Framework, Google Login. But you may have to manually clean the dalwick and data caches.
2. How to Russify the firmware or can someone tell me where to get it and how to fill in the official one with the Russian language?

Full Russian firmware will be released in early October or the first two weeks. It all depends on Sony. And so - there is partially Russian firmware (I collect from the source), but for another device - Zopo C2. According to the programs I can lay out what is needed.

Post has been editedAeronliru - 30.09.13, 23:47

Rep: (29)
Tsvetxxx What color is your phone case and what color is the plastic cover on the inside? If you disassembled, then you probably noticed.
On some previous Xperia scuffs are very striking.
I mean, if a black phone gets scratched and white plastic peeks out from under it, it looks ugly.
The same thing when black plastic comes out from under the white paint. In other words, is the plastic painted in bulk or only on top?
: thank_you:

Could you still put a dozen photos taken in the city, not in such cloudy weather? I would like to compare it with my former Lenovo A820.
Pasiba

Post has been editedConan doyle - 01.10.13, 06:36

Aeronliru @ 10/01/2013, 00:46*
It is treated by reinstalling Market, Google Play Services, Google Framework, Google Login. But you may have to manually clean the dalwick and data caches.

I tried to demolish, rearrange, dug up some separate files (I’ve already got confused where it came from), but still doesn’t want to work :(. I also tried to download from my G3s and put it on Sonya, but the effect is the same. Try to restore through no it’s possible, because it’s not possible to put a custom one, but it doesn’t enter the standard one, only the robot lies at the entrance and does not respond to the buttons (thank God there is a reset button under the cover). , and also tried to fill not only recovery, but also Boot via MTK Droid & Root Tools (the last time I tried to fill in only recovery). In both cases, I received a brick on the output yesterday. I restored it as described above.
I leaked the firmware via MTK Droid & Root Tools, I tried to upload it today via the USB flash drive, but it didn’t work out. I was unable to get the flash drive to see the phone ....
A market is very necessary. Probably have to wait for the Russian firmware .....

Conan Doyle @ 10/01/2013, 07:31*
What color is your phone case and what color is the plastic cover on the inside?

Here, as it were, the whole body is the back cover. I have purple (in the pictures it really turns blue, hell knows why. I tried several phones, the color immediately changes to blue on the phones screen :)). Inside it is black - that is, painted plastic. Plus, I see such a cover in the fact that you can firstly change the “color” of the phone without any special expenses (although there are only 3 available colors), well, if it gets scratched or rubbed, it will not be very expensive to change the cover.
Photo of phone and cover
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

I can’t take pictures in normal weather, it’s already a deep autumn in Moscow for a month, today it’s snowing altogether. Below is a little more pictures from the window and a photo of a piece of paper. the quality is so-so in my opinion
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

By the way, I forgot to say - OTG and both microSIM SIM cards work in the phone

Rep: (29)
Thanks, I understand, it means plastic is only on top of the crash.
the camera seems to be one to one as in the Lenovo A820, 8 megapixels is a lot to her.
and if you watch the movie in full screen, then the control buttons are removed (back, home, menu)?

Buttons are removed when watching a video.
By the way VERY pleased GPS. Yesterday I tested it in a car - reconstruction without an Internet for 1-10 seconds after launching Yandex.Maps. Today I launched it after the next recovery (as I understand it = cold start), without Internet - connected in a minute !!!!!
None of my Chinese on MTK could and cannot do so.

Rep: (249)
Conan Doyle,
and if you watch the movie in full screen, then the control buttons are removed (back, home, menu)?

Yes. In a standard album, in a standard or MX video player (I don’t know about others), the buttons are removed

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/06/19, 16:58