Huawei E3131 (MTS 420S, 420D, megaphone M21-1) - Flash | [Firmware] Talk firmware Huawei E3131 wireless modem

Rep: (117)
FirmwareHuawei E3131 (MTS 420S, 420D, Megaphone M21-1)
Discussion | Firmware

Major modifications Huawei E3131.
  • E3131h Hardware Version: CH1E3531SM
  • E3131i Hardware Version: CU1E3131IM
  • E3131s Hardware Version: CH2E303SM

• Different iron =>Different firmware
  • Miscellaneous unlock codes:
    • v201 - for E3131h and E3131i
    • v2 - for E3131s
Necessary information for help.
  • Which one Operating system .
  • Screenshot, or text in the log code fromDC-Unlocker .
  • ScreenshotDevice Manager with deployed:
    1. DVD and CD drives
    2. Disk devices
    3. USB controllers
    4. Modems
    5. Ports (COM and LPT)
    6. Network adapters
Types and features of modem firmware:
COPY(with a small edition). ORIGINAL.
For this modem, there are 2 fundamentally different types of firmware - STICK and HILINK. Firmware interchangeable, that is, in any modem you can flash any firmware.
STICK
With this insertion device behaves like the classic USB-modem: AT-command has a port through which a connection can be via PPP-protocol (RAS). That's how work almost all 3G-modems previous generations. In this case, the speed is limited - no more than 20-30 Mbit per reception. Besides PPP-mode, there is NDIS mode. In this modem emulates network interface, through which data is transmitted, and through AT-port are only control commands. In this mode, the speed is not limited. The main feature of the stick-mode - to connect and channel support work is carried out by means of a computer operating system that is connected to the modem. In this case, the computer receives the IP-address directly from the mobile service provider via a DHCP request, and the modem operates as a network bridge passing packets from the computer to the cellular network and vice versa, without changing their way.

The initial USB stick stick composition is a virtual CD-ROM and microSD card reader. In order for modem ports to appear, you need to switch the composition. Under windows, this is done by carrier software available on a virtual CD, or by the huawei proprietary program Mobile Partner. Under linux, switching is done by the usb-modeswitch program. It is possible to prohibit the transformation of songs. This is done with the following command:
AT ^ SETPORT = "FF; 1,2,3,16"
In this case, the modem immediately after switching on will look like a modem, 2 AT ports and a NDIS network card. CD and microSD will be excluded from the configuration. This mode is extremely convenient for using the modem in various home routers. To switch back the composition with switching, use the command:
AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 1,2,3,16, A1, A2"

Version numbers of stick-firmware always start at 21 — for example, 21.318.05.00.00.
Included with the Stick-firmware, the so-called Dashboard is flashed into the modem - an image of a virtual CD that appears in the system after the modem is connected. On this CD are the modem drivers for different operating systems, as well as a control program with which they establish a connection to the Internet, read SMS, make USSD requests, etc. There is a universal version of this program from the manufacturer of the Huawei modem (Huawei Modem), as well as specialized versions from specific telecom operators.

HILINK
With firmware HILINK modem operates in the router mode, and appears to the computer as a network interface (usb-ethernet-rndis). The computer receives from the interface network settings via DHCP, and then goes through the Internet, either through a wired LAN. All the care of establishing a connection and maintaining channel modem takes over the computer does not even notice that internet access is via sototvuyu network. In this mode, the modem has its own local IP-address (usually 192.168.8.1), visible from the side of the computer as the default gateway (default route), as well as the external IP-address is obtained from the cellular network. Between the cellular network provider and the local network (modem-computer) is carried out using the routing address translation mechanism (NAT). Provided port forwarding from the external network (port forwarding and DMZ).
Setting up the modem in this mode via WEB-interface, available in the modem, and are available through the local IP-address. Also, through the WEB-interface information is available on the modem status and signal the cellular network connection management, send-receive SMS-messages and USSD-command, the SIM-menu, and more. This is especially valuable for users of Linux, as well as for those who have not the modem is connected to the computer and to a home router. Setting up the modem via AT-commands like stick-in firmware, in a normal mode hilink-firmware is not performed, although it is possible in a special debug mode DebugMode.

The initial composition of USB-modem HILINK-is exactly the same as that of the stick - the virtual CD-ROM and microSD card reader. Switching tracks the windows made a small program mbbservice, triggered by the built-in CD. Under linux does usb-modeswitch program. Staffing modem developers not a mode without switching tracks. However, by such a modification mode firmware may make. At the same time it lost a built-in card reader SD, but it is possible to use a modem with any router that supports the network card usb-rndis.

Version numbers of hilink firmware always start at 22 — for example, 22.318.05.00.00.
HILINK firmware consists of two parts - the firmware itself, and the WebUI (web interface). The first firmware is the main firmware, then the WebUI.

Unlock modem. Recovery attempts to enter.
COPY(with a small edition). ORIGINAL.
UNLOCKING MODEM:
As usual, modems from cellular operators are delivered blocked - they can work only with SIM cards of this operator. The list of plmn-codes allowed for use can be viewed with the commandat ^ simlock? .
Of course, this situation does not suit us - we want, having bought a modem, to use it with any sim card. For this, the manufacturer laid the opportunity to unlock the modem. This is done by entering the unlock code (nlock code ), calculated by a special tricky algorithm from the IMEI modem.
Calculator to calculate codes can be downloaded here (there are versions for windows and linux).
To unlock, follow these steps :
- Calculate the unlock code using the above calculator. Of all the codes it calculates, the code is used. v201 or code v2 .
- Insert someone else's sim card into the modem (sim card of another cellular provider, not the one who sold you the modem).
- Connect the modem to the computer.
Further, the control program (for stick-modems) or the web interface (for hilink-modems) will ask for the unlock code, which must be entered. All - the modem is unlocked and will work with any sim card.
In addition to entering the code through the program and the web interface, you can also enter it via the AT command. This is especially true for stick-modems under linux.
The team looks like this:
at ^ cardlock = "unlock code" - code is used v201 or code v2

RECOVERY ATTEMPTS:
The number of attempts to enter the code is limited10 attempts . If the wrong code was entered 10 times, the modem blocks further attempts - more, the at ^ cardlock command will not unblock it, even if you enter it with the correct code. If you still managed to exhaust all input attempts, that's okay - they are easy to recover.
This is done by such teams.:
at ^ datalock = "unlock code" - code is used v201 or code v2
at ^ maxlcktms = 10
10 is the new number of attempts (you can enter any number from 1 before 255 ). You can then enter the command at ^ cardlock with the correct code and unlock the modem.

Total:
consistently enter AT commands from top to bottom:
at ^ datalock = "NCK code" - code is used v201 or code v2
at ^ maxlcktms = 10 - you can enter any number from 1 before 255
#
at ^ cardlock = "NCK code" - code is used v201 or code v2

Attention!!! Huawei modem E3131 Beeline with firmware 21.157.31.00.161 - the code does not unlock. It can be unlocked given 21.158.00.00.1020 firmware.

Useful links:

There is no curator in the subject. For filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedctich - 16.09.19, 08:33

Rep: (0)
I asked, the biline program opens and writes that the device was not found.

Ask HUAWEY Modem 3.0 dashboard. You got out Beeline Dash, and it conflicts with this firmware like.

I upgraded my Win8 to 8.1 (preview). and the modem stopped working for me (brand e3131-from biline). everything worked at the eight, and at updating ceased. It is advised to update the firmware ... hence the question: what is the release time? And will it work on 8.1?

Rep: (1148)
There was a firmware from the operator Beeline for the modem huawei E3131
Version: 21.157.31.00.161

It is generally in the subject and is

ed-vard66
In the subject is the firmware: E3131Update_21.158.00.00.1020.B757.rar
this version: 21.157.31.00.161

Rep: (21)
What changes have occurred in the new firmware? But no, by chance, firmware with a different interface, such as from a megaphone e173 / e1550 for example?
Attached Image

Rep: (21)
but,I found the firmware here
Attached filehuawei_modem-3.0_utps23.002.08.00.378.rar(19.06 MB)

Post has been editedexe11 - 03.07.13, 23:33

Rep: (50)
Is there no protection against downgrading the software version? If I want to put again 21.157.31.00.161 after 21.158.00.00.1020.B757

Guys, check out the new firmware ... but I don’t have such a modem yet .. I could not check it ...
Check and write here pzhl.

Rep: (3)
I bought it with this firmware. like the rules, but there is one thing I don’t know because of what it can be. Sometimes the modem stops transmitting, reception is on, and transmission 0. In online games, this is very fun. maybe it is cut off because it allows little traffic. I don't know what to think. You have to either juggle or stupidly wait until it works. can someone tell me what the fuck is this?

In my example, I bought this keychain with the firmware which insidious was mentioned in the topic 21.157.31.00.161-I also asked for the same.
The attached file huawei_modem-3.0_utps23.002.08.00.378.rar "and it was my happiness. Here is something like this.

Win / 8-64

Can I flash E171 so that it becomes E3131?

Rep: (37)
7dima78 @ 07/08/2013, 10:16*
Can I flash E171 so that it becomes E3131?

No, of course, but for what purpose?

That it supports Hspa + and the speed of 21mb / s)

7dima78
Try what's stopping you from doing it!
will be the pioneer.

7dima78
When flashing another modem, the modem will die! so flash it with its firmware !!!!

ed-vard66 @ 06/26/2013, 17:05*
When installing the firmware requires a password-what is it? And, all figured out

Friend, do not be a goon, share knowledge. What kind of password is that? :-)

Flash code. This code can be calculated by any old calculator for Huawei modems

Posted on 07/07/2013, 19:11:

7dima78
That it supports Hspa + and the speed of 21mb / s)
He already supports nothing to come up with in my opinion here: thank_you:

Rep: (3)
People tell me pliz, what firmware do I need to flash it in order to unlock it? First or second? In a hat like two firmware versions?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 10/08/19, 7:29