> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

Catalog of Android programs

SP Flash Tool is a flash driver for MTK smartphones. | We share the found errors and solutions.

Rep: (908)
SP Flash Tool
Version: 5.1916
Last update of the program in the header:19.05.2019
Attached Image

Short description:
The flash program for smart phones based on MTK.

Description:
SP Flash Tool - It is a utility for the "Firmware" of Android devices on the MTK platform. In this topic I will try to clearly explain the possibilities of the program, as well as to disassemble and systematize the errors that arise when working with this program. Also here will be the current driver versions. It is planned to replenish information on problems and errors, as well as their decision on the personal experience of users. If you encounter a mistake, the description of which is not here and you know / do not know how to solve it, then this topic is for you. I also warn you that this topic only concerns the SP Flash Tool, errors and problems of the program Flashtool (This is a different program), and other programs will not be discussed here.
Problem Description Template
  1. Background of the problem.
  2. The full name of the device and a link to the subject of the device onsavagemessiahzine.com(in the presence of)
  3. Version of the USB flash drive and operating system
  4. Are there Russian letters in the paths to the flasher, scatter and firmware? Should not be present, so you should fix all the way to the publication of the issue in the topic.
  5. Are the drivers installed for the preloader (not to be confused with adb drivers)? Is the device in the "Device Manager" defined without an exclamation mark?
  6. Read and understandrecommendations for connecting the device with firmware ?
  7. What activities were carried out while trying to solve the problem?
  8. A clear description of the problem
  9. Attach screenshots to the message.
Basic information
  1. Recommendations for connecting the device for firmware
  2. Always copy the folder with the flasher and firmware to the root of the system disk and work from it, because This often helps to avoid certain problems.
  3. What if you see an “Unknown Device” in Device Manager
  4. It’s not a secret that in different batches of Chinese phones they sometimes change hardware components that cannot work correctly with firmware for similar devices from the previous batch, of course you will not get a non-working phone, but the software provided by the manufacturer to retailers is often not the “freshest” "and after flashing new devices with a version of software designed for old revisions of the device, the user risks getting a partially idle phone. To avoid this, it is extremely strongly recommended to make a full rom-backup of the phone before flashing the device!
  5. Applies to phones on the processor MT6575 and MT6577: You need to sew preloader and dsp_bl only in the case of a brick rise! In all other regular updates and flashing NEVER, do not put these checkboxes in the SP Flash Tool and DO NOT include formatting! You may have problems with which you will not cope at home or it will be difficult to do it. The mindless flashing of these sections is absolutely useless and very risky, especially on the platforms MT6575 and MT6577.
  6. Regarding other MTK phones when flashing devices via SP_Flash_Tool, do not sew the preloader file unless absolutely necessary and DO NOT enable formatting.
  7. The logs of the program SP_Flash_Tool are stored along the path:C: \ ProgramData \ SP_FT_Logs \ "Date folder" \ "Log files" , and also they can be opened through the menu of the USB flash drive Help ->Open logs folder .
  8. Recommendations for connecting the device for firmware
  9. Ports for normal and emergency firmware using SPFT
  10. Translation help (help) on the SP Flash Tool
  11. Description of SP Flash Tool firmware modes
Drivers, software, utilities (current versions)
All for Windows

All for linux
Instructions and manuals

Information on SP Flash Tool errors and solutions found

The topic curator is always ready to help you.rozetkin at QMS

Post has been editediMiKED - 08.07.19, 04:42
Reason for editing: Added curator mention

supreme666 @ 11/09/2013, 19:21*
/ dev is generally empty - there is a list of files, and all files are of zero size.
Well, what else would you want? A broken file will unpredictably unpack files, moreover, when I realized that there was an ambush with this section in mtk devices and when I tried to copy this area, the folder swelled by 16 gigs and was not even half copied; Blowing up of apparently empty areas into unreal weight begins, which is why nobody sees that. The Chinese are amazing, after them it is difficult to sort out something human, and we scored on that, because they don’t provide one fig in the source, and even if they disassembled the trick, it would be a hopeless solution, and it’s not really necessary, since it should still occur to the head that absolutely all areas get clogged up with the format and that in any case there is a loss of names and identifiers, so I always pay attention to the fact that formatting is an extreme measure! It is easier to wield a mobile uncle, it will not lose anything from an extra two-second operation after flashing. And to whom this is really important, they make a full backup immediately after purchasing an MTK device, knowing the possible rakes and the ensuing consequences. On this educational program for offtopic we finish, the topic is all the same devoted to the errors of the flasher.

Post has been editedwexxxx - 09.11.13, 19:30

Rep: (6)
wexxxx! and I have a problem in BO! Already a day, with smoke breaks, of course, I’m fighting - it’s impossible! suddenly the body stopped seeing the sd card from something; Does not enter recovery (I have TWRP); after it is loaded, the sd check for errors is written in the notification area, it takes 1.5–2 minutes and goes to reboot, it loads, a blank screen appears (there is only bar status), then 1.5–2 minutes and the system reboots again, and so on to infinity! programs that are not installed on the SD card are started (but not working stably - with errors)! Root explorer with a grief in half reinstalled in the phone: the sd partition sees and comes in, but not always !!
After all this collected information, I still decided to format sd, and figushki !! also does not enter system settings or hangs at this stage! I think it’s possible to format from under Vind, but I decided to find out from people, and they can speak from Vind, but preferably with a third-party "sd formatter" prog! Formatted, but nothing has changed for the better, and even found that without sd inside a smart, the behavior is exactly the same)))
Drivers reinstalled on 64-bit Windows and on 32-bit laptop! I exhausted SP_flash_tool and MTK droid tools - all to no avail! But 100% somewhere is my omission in options - point them out, please!
P.s. like everything described)) blinin, help me! It happened after I wanted to try playing with kent in ASPHALT 8, it weighs 1.55 GB on the PLAY MARKET! downloaded, did not start right away! I deleted it from PLAY and decided to download the new one and did not start the 2nd time! I spit on it, and then somewhere in an hour I rebooted as needed, and how this parsley rushed here))))

energy-13, I certainly understand everything. But how does this relate to the flashlight and this topic? If there are errors, write, if not then go to the topic on your device. And regarding the omissions, I would advise you to try with another memory card (as well as without a memory card at all) and see; if something is wrong, then make a factor reset, also watch in general in a similar way to act. Perhaps it is worth cleaning the contacts on the memory card and in the slot itself.

Post has been editedwexxxx - 11.11.13, 16:27

I wrote it here because from the heap of viewed topics, this one seemed to me the most suitable, and I suppose that it was flash_tool to help me! factory reset is impossible, because It does not give access to the recovery and the system settings are buggy, in which you could also throw the body to the factory settings! As for the memory card (I described that I tried without it) and with the other card, by the way, I also tried it!
p.s. sorry if not the topic! if I’ve gotten so deep into the forum that I’ve gotten to your topic, I’ve probably already reviewed a lot)))

energy-13, Well then we start from scratch. When trying to flash via flashlight what errors are observed?

wexxxx, and Р’В® Mobileuncle MTK Tools also does not start, in which you could install the recovery mode (((

Posted on 11/11/2013 5:03 PM:

it needs to be remembered!)) back home - accomplish your goal!

wexxxx, aah, remembered! there were no mistakes and no progress in the progress bar either! all time stood on zero !!

energy-13, Well, it means that you definitely need to correctly reinstall the firewood, it is possible to transfer different versions and see if the real / virtual som ports are closed. Anyways, start with this direction, if nothing goes wrong, then it is correct. In general, 90% of all problems of flashing through this program from crookedly installed firewood.

wexxxx, Well, so you think I should go through all the same and install firewood! and then make format? Or I am very cool wrapped with Format'om))

energy-13, You should not get excited with the format. You flash the system, the kernel, the recovery, then the wipe factor resets from the recovery.

Rep: (411)
wexxxx and comrades, welcome.

Firefly A16 Phone

I installed the driver, when connecting a switched off phone to a computer, the Mediatek Preloader device ... appears in the com ports and then disappears. Accordingly, the flash unit does not see the phone. The battery was peeled, turned on / off, tried on different computers, and on different operating systems (win xp x86, win 8 x64, win 7x64)

Is it possible to take?

Post has been editeddrugoisport_RAUL - 12.11.13, 16:23

drugoisport_RAUL, everything is as it should be, read the instructions on the firmware carefully. First we press the button on the remote, then we cut off the body to the computer. Those. If you simply connect the body without starting the operation through the flash unit, then it will disappear in a second, if the flash unit releases the body without starting the firmware, then the firewood is crooked. More options do not exist, further only if the error should throw.

Post has been editedwexxxx - 12.11.13, 16:28

Rep: (411)
wexxxx, it is clear, but error (2005) S_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL) cannot be taken.

drugoisport_RAUL, It is recommended to choose a flash driver. I did not have phones on mtd flash, so I’ll help you hardly.

wexxxx,
gives this error here "brom error s_da_soc_check_fail 3013"

energy-13, Well, actually, we are waiting for a description of the solution here. I personally did not encounter such a mistake, therefore I’m calculating myself.

Rep: (19)
Hello, advise what to do, the system is win 8.1 64, it does not go beyond paragraph 2.2, I think it's in the wood. Tell me the firewood needs to be replaced when the phone is connected and turned on, or connected and turned off? In the first case, I already have adb firewood, in the second I just don’t know. And what wood to use, from win 7?

kendoui when the disabled body is connected to the computer, then you need to set firewood. Under 8, many people have hemorrhages with this, so you need to try to pick up, but ideally sew, of course, on a machine with another axis.

Rep: (19)
Or it is easier to put the virtual one, which is obvious and will have to be done.

Rep: (56)
Prompt made a full reset via the USB flash drive, and now I can't install a new firmware, this error crashes
Attached Image
and what is the most interesting reset to do again, too, fails, the same error takes off.
How can this problem be solved?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/10/19, 11:59