> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Star N9389 - Discussion | Smartphone, 5.3 "

Rep: (1)
DiscussionStar N9389
PictureStar N9389, HDC GALAXY S3 Legend, Ulefone N9389
Discussion пїЅ
  • Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.
Device characteristics
Attached Image

• Platform: MediaTek MT6589 1.2 GHz quad
  • Random access memory (RAM): 1G
  • Internal Memory (ROM): 4G
  • System: Android OS 4.2
  • WCDMA / GSM standard
  • Support range: WCDMA 2100/1900/850 (HSDPA) and GSM 850/900/1800/1900
  • SIM cards: 2 sim cards both active in standby mode, radio module one conversation on only one sim card.
  • Navigation: built-in GPS chip (GPS + AGPS)
  • Display: 5.3-inch QHD, 16 million colors
  • Screen resolution: 960x540 pixels
  • Camera: 8 megapixel with autofocus and flash + 5 megapixel front
  • Light sensor: yes
  • Proximity sensor: yes
  • Compass: no
  • Gyro: no
  • Accelerometer: yes
  • LED event indicator: there is a blue light
  • FM radio: yes, need headphones, supports RDS
  • Multimedia support: yes
  • WAP support: yes
  • Handwriting support: yes
  • Multilingual: there is (Russian present)
  • Memory card support: up to 32Gb
  • Battery Capacity: 3000mAh on the sticker-in-fact 1950mAh
  • Talk time: 120-150 minutes
  • Standby time: 120-180 hours
  • SMS / MMS support: yes
  • Headphones: 3.5 mm standard plug
  • Charging: standard micro usb power charging 1000 mah
  • Color execution: white, blue.
  • Size: 150x78.5x9.7mm
  • product weight: 168 g
Additional photos
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
AnTuTu
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Equipment
Attached Image

2 Batteries
Protective film with text
Charger with a detachable cord
SZU cable
Headphones
Cover book
Root
You need to install the standard driver.
Connect the pipe, make sure that it is visible in the device manager.
run run.bat file, press Enter when asked.
Attached filemt6589_rooting_pkg.zip(2.29 MB)

The topic is closed. If necessary, you can open a topic. For all questions regarding the topic contact the moderator subsectionEnlightened grandfather at QMS .

Post has been editedEnlightened grandfather - 13.07.16, 13:46

Rep: (898)
M

Rep: (2)
In general, I have to change this. A week with him already go. The question is how to enter rekoveri? . And that was a cyclical reboot three days ago. Took it to the seller. Today took in working condition. The seller said that he had reshuffled it ... it is difficult to believe in it ... I think that he just managed to go into rekoveri. And format the memory. And yes. fly 451 whist doing in full. I whist sold immediately. And now I go only with him.

Post has been editedYURBLAGO - 28.05.13, 18:44

In the recovery entered the standard way - power + volume rocker at startup. There are no third-party firmware and custom recovery for it yet, so the seller deceived you.

Yes, I went in this way in rekavei. The robot door is open. and the inscription below but the command. I pressed the center button
And on this inscription and opened the standard menu. Yes, everything is very simple. And there is no firmware yet ... but on another forum there is a backup firmware.

Strangely, when I start with a rocker, it goes into the factory mode, and not in the recovery. Obviously, this is regulated by a tick "quick launch" in the settings

With a tick immediately the menu opens. And without it, you have to press the bottom volume and the central one at the same time. Then the menu also appears. files.mail.ru/895B92438FC14241B5A9535863CE13F3 here this firmware. By reviews very stable. The resolution of the camera was 13 MP !!!! You need to flash the latest version of the USB flash drive. As long as I think it's worth it .. go on it.

Post has been editedYURBLAGO - 31.05.13, 04:37

I'm not sure that this is true with the camera, rather a firmware error. Standard firmware suits me, I will sew when CM or MIUI appear

on our phone all games just fly !!! On whist, I could not even start half of them. flash in all sites goes !!! Navigation is canceled !!! Vista sucks compared to him ....

4 cores of 1.2, 13k points anttu. What do you want? I noticed a couple of flaws: the battery displayed the charge 1 time incorrectly (I think it is typical of many Chinese phones), 2 there is no magnetic sensor module and the gyroscope is incorrectly detected by some applications (smart tools haven’t seen it), 3 were rebuilt several times in the first days.

Because of your advice, the center and volume down formatted / data !!!!

Post has been editedDW365 - 31.05.13, 16:35

In general, in order to format the central key, you must press it again, thereby confirming the selected action. I am differently holding these two keys only the selection menu opened. And navigation keys. loudness. As everywhere.

Post has been editedYURBLAGO - 01.06.13, 17:12

I don’t know how it happened, but the last thing I managed to see was “Foramting / data”, thank God, nothing important was lost, nothing was done in a week. By the way, I advise HD Widgets to design tables. And applications that add widgets should be placed in the phone's memory, are not added from the memory card.

P.s. And with CWM, there would be no such recovery. There, in order to format with a random press, you need to really try!

Post has been editedDW365 - 02.06.13, 18:03

Yes, that's right. Widgets for internal memory. And install a modified rekoveri. And Mui.Vot waiting for a more stable and efficient version of it.

Does it have firmware? Well, except for the standard.

On another forum, leva OS is trying to file it. So what are waiting.

Rep: (17)
DW365 @ 06/08/2013, 13:52*
Does it have firmware? Well, except for the standard.

Well, the fact is that the "standard" - they are different. For example, the firmware made from someone else’s backup works better than my own (out of the box)

No one will tell you how many custom firmwares (CM, LEWA, Miui) usually appear on new models of china phones? And are there any insurmountable difficulties in developing third-party firmware on our device?

Rep: (162)
@ DW365: I have been the owner of this device for about two months, I got the root not so long ago,with color misunderstanding, the custom is zero (and no one does anything), the community of the device is small - we can only hope for the development of the firmware ...
Here is a working recovery tutorial + root from the French!
The next forum confirmed the performance :)
Recovery has been available already as two weeks, just the community was too lazy to google, which proves once again that everything is sad :(
Root du N 9389
Dim 26 Mai 2013 13:21

Ci dessous le lien pour tГ©lГ©charger le recovery + root spГ©cifique au STAR N9389.

TestГ© et approuvГ©

I made a mod for myself on the last stock of N9389-20130510_e2001_v89_gq2002s, put in the root, Quick Boot, SGSIV launcher port with weather widget and wallpaper from SGSIV, butanimation from Samsung :)
The firmware still exists in the form of cvm bakapa, if no one collects their custom zip instal under cvm, lay out what happened as it is.

Post has been editedS1eepy - 10.06.13, 22:51

Rep: (51)
YURBLAGO,
I looked at this device, whist also as a bidder, describe what advantages compared to fly, otg are there? How does the connection hold 3G and 2G? How does the assembly live till evening? And the boys n7189 are not better? Or the same eggs only other body?

Build quality, backlash and squeaks did not notice. On the side faces, when viewed in detail, the seam is noticeable, absolutely not straining. The battery is not 3000, but 1950 mph.
As for OTG, I did not check it, but most likely there is, in case of emergency, you can connect a mouse / keyboard with bluetooth. An antituu gains an average of 13,500 parrots, a similar result can produce a device from $ 400 brand manufacturers. Personally, I am terribly pleased with them, their functions are excellent (movies, surfing wifi | 2g, calls, music, various programs and games), with economical use it keeps for several days. Included get 2 batteries and can live without a network for 3-4 days. The complete headset is pretty decent, especially with the item "sound improvement" in the settings (alas, not vacuum, but it fit my ears perfectly in shape). Camera srednyachkovaya, happy autofocus, examples of images can be found on the Internet. 3G did not use, and there seems to be no difference about the n7189, except for the case. Of the minuses, I would also note the absence of a compass. I didn’t have anything to do with fly, so I can’t say anything positive, except to compare the characteristics of models, but I think you can do it yourself. There were no more flaws in me, I recommend the phone.

Rep: (51)
DW365,
Thanks, a couple more questions, I understand the screen for such a sum, not ips but tft? Or nevertheless ips =)? And does he catch satellites out of the box? From China it turns out to order 5700r, in Moscow to an Internet shop 6100r with an annual guarantee of their sc ! =), I think it will be possible to buy immediately and check, and who else knows how to enter the engineering menu?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/03/19, 03:28