> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Star N9500 ​​- Discussion | Smartphone, 5.0 "

Rep: (18)
DiscussionStar N9500
PictureStar N9500 ​​/ S4 MTK6589 Quad Core, Orient N9500, Galaxy SIV China
Discussion | Purchase | Firmware
  • Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.
Specifications
Star N9500 ​​/ S4
Dimensions: 142 / 73.5 / 9.3 mm
Processor (CPU): MTK6589 Cortex A7 1.2 GHz (4 cores)
Random access memory (RAM): 1 GB
Internal Memory (ROM): 4 GB or 8 GB
Operating System (OS): Android Jelly Bean (4.2.1)
Network mode: WCDMA / GSM
Frequency range: WCDMA 2100/850 (HSDPA) and GSM 850/900/1800/1900
Number of SIM cards: 2
Navigation: GPS + AGPS
Display: 5.0 ", IPS, HD, 1280x720 pixels
Camera: 12.6 megapixel with auto focus and flash + 5 megapixel front camera
Video Recording: AVI, 1080p
Wireless transmission: 3G, WiFi 802.11b / g / n, Bluetooth 3.0, EDGE HSDPA HSUPA
Internet interface: Wireless access point (Mobile AP)
HSUPA: 5.76 Mbit
HSDPA: 7.2 Mbps
Sensors: Illumination, gyroscope, accelerometer
MicroSD support up to 32 GB
Battery Capacity: 2100mAh
Talk time: 120-150 min
Standby time: 120-180 hours
Headphone jack: 3.5 mm
Port: Mini USB (5pin)
Color: White and dark gray

Equipment
1pcs * Mobile phone
2pcs * Batteries (2100mAh, lithium-ion battery)
1pcs * Headphones
1pc * usb cable
1pc * usb charger
1pcs * user manual
1pc * Silicone Case
1pcs * book cover
A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Additionally
Video
Tests and benchmarks
Gynecs overview
Appearance.
Very nice color, looks great. Build on solid five.
I really like what it looks like in a transparent bumper. And everyone likes it. Included phone, cable, plug, headphones (not even unpacking)
as well as a transparent silicone bumper and a book a la C3 / C4. There is also a film slightly smaller than the screen size (glass is sloping at the edges). And 2 batteries.
Screen.
Luxurious, one word. For me - just what you need. And the resolution, and color, and contrast. All available wallpapers are completely out of place.
The touch is easy, I would even say - gentle (in the sense of lightness of touch). On the screen is a glass type gorilla. The film is not glued, no scratches. Blissing moderately, in the book is generally excellent. By the way, the book does not tightly cover the screen, it should be developed, but I use the bumper.
Battery.
After 2 weeks, he confidently holds a day with constantly working 3g, 1-1.5 hours of navigation, about 30-40 minutes of talking, 20-30 minutes of Internet, 15-20 minutes of listening to music and 15-20 sms. By evening, 25-30% is still available. Calibration did not produce, the charge drop is very smooth. Without 3g and navigation I lived quietly for 2 days in the country
Radio module
The interlocutor is heard perfectly, me too. There are no no tt, no complaints about the work of the Internet or mobile communication, there were no failures of WiFi and Bluetooth either.
The Internet plows perfectly, the page loads quickly. The stock browser is quite decent, I keep the Opera in case of a slow Internet, IMHO it is faster in these situations. Downloading via WIFI at a speed of 50MB on LAN is also excellent. With bluetooth too no problem. I did not transfer files, but in headphones (Sony MW600) the sound is gorgeous.
Navigation.
At first I was upset, the first start was slower than usual, the signal was lost in dense building and during fast turns. After downloading the EPO, everything returned to normal, now there are practically no problems. And even the beloved Citigide robit on the top five. I use Navi daily, so on this point I am especially pleased. The previous Huawei was just a complete navigator, but MTX guards often upset ...
Multimedia.
Fotik shoots great. The video is great, I don’t know what else to demand from a budget smartphone ...
The sound of a standard audio player is quite enough for me, compared with Poweramp - I did not feel the difference. Uploaded covers for fun.
Videos play the built-in player and MxPleerPro. Both cope perfectly well (I tried 1280x720). Upset external speaker, the high and low frequencies simply do not. The volume had to be corrected through an engineer, now it is heard everywhere and always. Radio catches normally and remembers (I do not use). There is also the program "Film Studio" for editing video files.
The software part.
Pure android 4.2.1 with stock launcher, with the addition of the player MxPleerPro and DocsToGo and a full set of Google applications. Everything works fine, accounts are created and transferred.
From his former Huawei, he transferred the Huawei Backup program to create a backup. He writes that it is not installed, in fact, it is installed and the program is backed up. contacts, sms, calendar. Recommend. If necessary, lay out.
The recovery is quite functional, the system is backed up with a bang, I already tried it for interest. Restored an exact copy in 5-6 minutes. Ruth received for 30 seconds according to the method described above.
Something like that...
FAQ
A copy of which phone is the Star S9500?
This is a copy of the Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9500).

Does the manufacturer have a website Star?
The manufacturer has no website. Star machines collect several different companies.

Is there an indicator on the N9500? That is, LED for notification of missed calls and SMS.
No, but there is an alternative -LED notifications.

Is the surface of the screen glass or plastic?
Simple glass.

What is the build quality of this unit? Is there a backlash?
The build is good. There is no backlash.

How to enter the engineering menu?
*#*#3646633#*#*

How many real megapixels are there in the camera?
Rear - 8 MP, front - 2 MP.

How many real mAh in the battery?
Approximately 1850 mAh.

The topic is closed. If necessary, you can open a topic. For all questions regarding the topic contact the moderator subsectionEnlightened grandfather at QMS .

Post has been editedEnlightened grandfather - 13.07.16, 13:53

richard98777,
It is written: No feedback score.

Rep: (0)
DJ_Zero @ 06/12/2013, 10:14 PM*
If the phone is exactly Star

The information on the phone in the settings was N9500, but Star or not old was nowhere to be found. But according to the data is suitable. How can I find information about the phone and its manufacturer. On the site where I bought there is no information at all. I boughtsdes
DJ_Zero @ 06/12/2013, 10:14 PM*
To the edge you can try

I tried all the firmware from there. Maybe some trouble with drivers and Windows 8? Device Manager recognizes normally.

Post has been editedskorpion69 - 12.06.13, 23:40

skorpion69,
You do not have an N9500, but an I9500. If you do not find the firmware for yours, then you cannot restore it.

DJ_Zero @ 06/12/2013, 23:26*
You have not N9500, but I9500

Why, then, does he have the N9500 ​​written in his information? In an online store, they can write a different name on the article, such as zakos for Samsung.
Attached Image

Post has been editedskorpion69 - 13.06.13, 00:55

Rep: (45)
Skorpion69 @ 06/13/2013, 01:49*
In an online store, they can write a different name on the article, such as zakos for Samsung.

That's right, this is the brace under the S4, which is marked as I9500.

Threat. Does it enter recovery? Or is the brick full? There would be more information.

In general, readHEREand do as it says (just install your firmware naturally), and everything is the same for all MTKs. Read the posts below and problems with FlashTools that may arise.

Post has been editeddim-dom444 - 13.06.13, 09:22

Respect to everyone, take in the ranks yesterday I became the owner of this device. Of course, negative emotions are more than enough. But the most intense are the problems with 3g and gps. I hope that everything will be corrected over time.

I can’t change the volume, I put the level on 6, I reboot, it costs 0. No one knows what could be the problem?

Something doesn’t want to install anything at all, I can’t install the recovery from the header either. I did everything according to the instructions. First I write to wait 30 minutes and at the end it says that the txt file was created on the memory card, click ok and exit the application

Posted on 06/13/2013, 14:34:

Andreyka-78 @ 06/13/2013, 15:31*
Something doesn’t want to install anything at all, I can’t install the recovery from the header either. I did everything according to the instructions. First I write to wait 30 minutes and at the end it says that the txt file was created on the memory card, click ok and exit the application

And it does not enter the stock recovery. The yellow triangle

Dim-dom444 @ 06/13/2013, 08:14*
Does it enter recovery? Or is the brick full? There would be more information.
Neither in recovery does it go any further. When connected to charging, you can see that the screen starts to glow and that's it, there are no more signs of life. I contacted the seller and they threw off the firmware for him for me, but after the firmware the result is the same. Black screen and no signs of life. How can I revive with the original firmware. In the device manager, the phone is recognized. Spinning and soldering are not suitable. There is an option to change, but if the seller agrees. And so I don’t know what to do, all in a panic.
What other information is needed to get the phone back to stock firmware? Thanks in advance.

Rep: (45)
What other information is needed to get the phone back to stock firmware? Thanks in advance.

This has already been discussed repeatedly, you need another FkashTools. Do not dig there. Read my posts above.

Rep: (3)
pure GPS without EPO and A-GPS
I tried everything and in every way.
1 soldered the wiring (if the cover is not closed, then tolerably)
2 stopped here on this (disconnected antenna) copper.
Guide to improving GPS performance 1 way was without leaving homeMTK 6575-6577 GPS Improvement Guide
Today I will try this collective farm by car (catches at the window 4-5, street 8-9 constantly. Navitel, IGO)

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editeddfc1608 - 14.06.13, 14:31

This has already been discussed repeatedly, you need another FkashTools. Do not dig there. Read my posts above.

And read the posts above and went to the parcels. I tried different versions of FlashTool. It is all the same. After flashing the black screen. And where it was discussed more than once if the topic is only 3 pages and nowhere I didn’t find the only answer what kind of flashTool version to flash the phone.

waiting for a report

home-work 25 km without departure (5-10 sp.)
happy as a steam locomotive.

DFC1608 @ 06/14/2013, 17:33*
home-work 25 km without departure (5-10 sp.)
happy as a steam locomotive.

and shows the correct speed?

a little late and 2-3 km less
(the road itself did not lead as before)

DFC1608 @ 06/14/2013, 18:08*
a little late and 2-3 km less
(the road itself did not lead as before)

I mean, didn’t he lead the way? If it is possible the manual what where how and what, I think not only I am interested in how and what.

when the satellites lost the arrow continued to move

The people is such a joke ???The seller sells for $ 79,also DHL, the rest require $ 200, at least.

zhigalin,
It is written: No feedback score.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/31/19, 10:30 p.m.