Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 16
Check in: 16.06.11

Description | Discussion| FAQ | Purchase | Marriage |
Discussion portable monoblock (portable AIO) Dell XPS 18

Attached Image

Description (collected from various sources)
Dell XPS 18 is a portable desktop monoblock, which, if necessary, can be removed from the desktop stand and used as a home tablet. Small folding legs allow you to position the panel at a convenient angle on a horizontal surface.

The mass of the device is about 2.2 kg.

In fact, Dell has turned out such a universal computer. Which at first may cause questions, but if you think about it, it can be very convenient in home use. It’s still not a monoblock at 29 inches, but only at 18.4, which means that the Dell XPS 18 can be mobile.

Tablet design is quite stylish and at the same time minimalistic. The top panel is equipped with a camera for video calls.

The tablet is running under the operating system Windows 8, and since this is “TACH”, then all textual manipulations can be played through the touch keyboard.

Included with the Dell XPS 18 is a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse that are connected using the same technology and have a battery. If you install the tablet on the stand, and connect the keyboard and mouse, you get a stationary computer that works both with the mouse and the keyboard, as well as through touch control. A very convenient combination, especially on the Windows 8 platform.

The display of the tablet has a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels, an IPS matrix. There are two USB port class 3.0, card reader, headphone jack. The tablet has Bluetooth via which the keyboard and mouse are connected, as well as Wi-Fi and Wi-Di.

The tablet is based on processors from the Pentium 2117U to the Intel Core i7 with a clock frequency of 3.1 GHz. RAM in the device up to 8 GB, and up to 500 GB on the hard disk. As a graphics accelerator installed chip Intel HD Graphics 4000.

The tablet has a built-in battery which, during active use, can hold up to 5 hours of work.

The cost of the tablet - a monoblock "All-In-One" from $ 899 to $ 1449, depending on the configuration.

Specifications with of. the site
Processor:
Intel® Pentium® processor 2117U (2M Cache, 1.8 GHz)
3rd Generation Intel® Core ™ i3-3227U processor (3M Cache, 1.9 GHz)
3rd Generation Intel® Core ™ i5-3337U processor (3M Cache, up to 2.7 GHz)
3rd Generation Intel® Core ™ i7-3537U processor (4M Cache, up to 3.1 GHz)

Operating System: Windows 8, 64-bit, English (Russian is just added)

Memory: Up to 8GB7 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600Mhz - 2 DIMMS

Hard Drive: Up to 500GB7 SATA hard drive (5400RPM) + 32Gb SSD
Video Card: Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Wireless:
Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 + Bluetooth 4.0
Killer ™ Wireless-N, 1202 for Video & Voice + Bluetooth 4.0

Ports:
2x USB 3.0
1x Headphone / microphone combo jack
1x Headphone jack
Media Card Reader - 8: 1 (supports SDXC (SD3.0), Secure Digital (SD), Multi Media Card (MMC), Memory Stick (MS), Memory Stick PRO, xD-Picture Card, Hi-Speed-SD, Hi Capacity SD

Audio and Speakers: Waves MaxxAudio 5.0

Battery: 69Whr (8hr target Mobile mark07) (built-in) *

Camera:
HD Camera; H.264 via SW / Color Sensor
Integrated dual digital microphone array for Skype

Wireless:
Intel 2230 Combo w Wi-Di
Intel Wireless Display WiDi
BT4.0 (via WiFi mini card)

Dimensions: (H) 0.7 in x (W) 18.25 in x (D) 11.17 in

Weight: 5.04lbs

Sensors: Accel, gyro, compass, AGPS (with LTE / HSPA + configs), ALS, sensor fusion

Reviews

A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

tohandrio
Message#2
23.05.13, 15:45
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 16

Planned buying a laptop for cinema, browsing and work on trips to the country and on vacation. Well, as the second computer at home.
It’s very sad to watch a movie at 13-15 inches, so the choice fell on this ambiguous device, I ordered a version on the i5 from the states, I use it for a week.
While almost everything pleases, I'm getting used to the size on the sofa instead of the 10 inch device.
Pros:
- powerful enough, with the exception of games;
- quiet, you can not hear any coolers or hardy, even in complete silence at night;
- IPS matrix pleases with a picture, although the screen is glossy and not faintly glare;
- the weight is not annoying to keep in the sofa posture on your knees and even better with a pillow on your knees;
- if the tablet is turned upside down, then the hot cooling air goes all up and nothing warms the legs, belly and what is between them;)
- for the evening, I never dropped the battery.
Minuses:
- a glare screen - the idiocy of the manufacturers of the bulk of laptops and tablets of the 21st century;
- there is no Wacom - to draw on such a device is just a fairy tale - the daughter draws with an ordinary stylus now, but with Wacom it would be simply enchanting;
- the touch keyboard in dextup (not metro) applications does not automatically pop up - probably the W8 cant;
- the lack of a full-fledged SSD (it seems to be in future modifications, although much more expensive already?!).
There will be questions - ask)
mekhaless
Message#3
28.05.13, 20:41
Best
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 708
Check in: 17.08.10
Apple iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular

tohandrio
How much was taken and in what configuration?
About the screen for details, how good. Can I shove it in a laptop bag?

--------------------
Best
tohandrio
Message#4
29.05.13, 16:28
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 16

mekhalessI took it in the configuration with i5, there are no other options with i5 yet. Apparently then they will be with a full-fledged SSD and / or LTE. I bought through Amerovsky PayPal, which was safely banned after a couple of days (Russian nizya type is registered there), but by that time Dell had already done all that and no problems. Sent to the tax-free Delaware intermediary.
It turned out $ 1350 the computer itself + $ 180 shipping with insurance + 500 p. keyboard engraving. Mediator hellishly zlobsky, you can find cheaper ... I just wanted to quickly. Total 49500r.
As for the bag, it's hard ... if only a bag for a 18 inch laptop or a backpack. The dimensions are 46.4 x 28.4 cm.

Well, talking about the screen, the only ambush is the glare surface. Otherwise, the usual normal IPA (I have never tried anything else in my life ...). What could be the problem? Although the tech bargains (review in the cap) complain about small angles - in my opinion it is quite normal.
mekhaless
Message#5
29.05.13, 16:52
Best
[offline]

Messages 708
Check in: 17.08.10
Apple iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular

tohandrio
So we still will not take. Waiting with Hasvil on board, because of the HD5000 video, it will be great at all!

--------------------
Best
photic
Message#6
20.11.13, 16:33
User
[offline]

Messages 59
Check in: 19.11.09
Asus zenfone 5

I will raise the topic. Call out those who have this subject. You tried to work on it with photos and graphics. How much glare.
sparta
Message#7
27.01.14, 22:21
Guru
[online]

Group: FAQMakers
Messages 7026
Check in: 03.01.07

You tried to work on it with photos and graphics. How much glare.

"Blinks" is a rather peculiar criterion for evaluating work with graphics. ;)
The idea is primarily to work with graphics, even at the amateur level, should be interested in the color span of the matrix.
And to work with video performance of the processor and disk system.

I bought a tablet, I have been using it for 2 days. The screen is so bright that the glare does not interfere at all.
18 inches is the same size when you can comfortably use the touch screen in Win8, without the need to pre-sharpen the tips of your fingers with a pencil sharpener. : D The size of the interface elements allows you to work almost anywhere without a keyboard and mouse (although such bluetooth ones are included and work even in BIOS: yes2 :).
Now by IMHO:
Virtues:
1. IPS matrix and gorgeous viewing angles
2. Excellent brightness, not inherent to the tablet, where the manufacturer usually sacrifices brightness for better autonomy. Here, the dell did the right thing, giving the decision at the mercy of the user: who needs brightness - he has it; and who needs autonomy, - perhaps he himself will think of lowering the brightness. It's good.
3. As many as 5 options to choose the location of the tablet:
- horizontally on the table
- slightly raised drop-down legs on the table
- almost vertically on the table
- as a candy bar on a stand (not included in all kits)
- Kneeling in a chair or reclining on a sofa.
4. Suddenly full and loud sound of stereo speakers.
5. Possibility at the expense of the big screen, to split the screen in half in win8.1 or in the necessary proportion, and to work on one half, and on the other to launch a film in the background. And it will not be masochism, because screen size allows you to do it comfortably.
6. Only 2.3 kg for 18 inches, although I want easier.
disadvantages:
1. Weak disk system out of the box. Stupid hdd segate 500gb (old 300th interface) and 32GB cache on mSata ssd are added to it.
Fortunately, I easily cured by installing a 256 GB SSD mSATA system and separately for storage a normal 1TB HDD with 32MB cache. For those who want to repeat the warning: hard must be thin - only 7 mm.
2. In a kneeling position, blowing hot air goes down. True, you can turn the tablet "upside down", then blowing will go up.
3. Only 2 connectors yusb and the absence of any video output.
4. No network LAN connector.
5. Built-in graphics. True, I do not play it ...
6. When reinstalling the system from scratch, win8 did not find the WiFi chip. o.O Painfully, he is peculiar there. It's good that I usually shake all the firewood strongly in advance, otherwise there would be a curious stalemate after reinstalling Windows: there is no WiFi network, and in order for it to appear you need to download firewood via WiFi. : D

That's all for now.
I read the news:
Dell XPS 18 monoblock will get a processor Haswell ULT

What a blessing that Dell XPS 18 did not wait on Hasvel (the Core i3-4005U of the new Haswell ULT series will be installed), but on the normal i7-3537U processor. According to informationixbtThe performance of the future i3-4005U is approximately equal to the current i3 3217U. According toCPUBossi7-3537U is much more productive)))
For whom to read books on the 18 "or surf the internet, Haswell ULT would be preferable. And I need mobile performance (processor, not graphics) for an 18" IPS matrix with a touch screen: I put the screen in my bag (just the screen: D and nothing more neither the mouse nor the keyboard ...), - at work got it. And vice versa. Beauty, especially as the weighttabletThe Dell XPS 18 "(just over 2 kg) is equal to the weight of my 15" laptop. ;)
Pessimist: "It will not be better."
Optimist: "It has already been better!".
I am an optimist!))): D

--------------------
There is:S10 + (Snap), iPhone XR 2sim, HTC U11 +, Lumla 950 XL, Sony Z5, iPhone 6+ (128gb), Lumia 1520, HTC One X, Note3 (SM-N9005)
It was:Huawei P30 Pro, S9 +, S7, S6, Lg G6 + (128gb), Lumia950, LG G4, HTC OneMax, LG G2, G3, Sony ZL, HTC One, SGS2, LG Optimus 3D, Galaxy S-III, Galaxy
lamer_5
Message#8
30.03.14, 20:33
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 468
Check in: 02.01.13
Samsung Galaxy A30 SM-A305FD 3/32

I bought a device with i5 on ebay, a glitch on a glitch (((
The screen sensor failed, now I communicate with the seller, it does not charge on the stand, the complete keyboard and mouse are connected via a normal nano-receiver, inserted into the internal port, inside everything is very neat, you can put the screw no more than 7mm
Disappointed

20.04.2014 21:47
As a result, they repaired for free, replaced the sensor with the screen, put ssd on 240GB, now the device is completely satisfied, no brakes

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 21.04.14, 10:19
Reason for editing: combined.
Tpynuk
Message#9
23.04.14, 08:37
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 18
Check in: 04.05.10
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

Good day to all
Dear owners (who should have a 32gig), could you look at the boot menu. Does the BIOS allow this miracle to choose where to boot?
Well, maybe another useful, what I saw from the reviews but not in the official characteristics:

Ssd in it is (or there is an opportunity to put) a normal length with an msata connector ie can install SSD120-500GB + HDD1TB
height of the screw is 7.5 millimeters unlike most 2.5 "disks
On the board, 4 GB of memory + an ordinary notebook bar are soldered. in theory, you can get 12GB RAM
and perhaps the main thing is that the keyboard is not connected via the built-in bluetooth, but with the help of a Logitech microtransmitter (supporting mine up to 5 devices) into a FULL USB PORT inside the case.
those. In theory, there can be put any small usb device from a flash drive to a modem without losing the warranty and soldering
sugestr
Message#10
24.05.14, 16:54
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 5
Check in: 23.02.09
HTC Touch Diamond

Gentlemen, but tell me the specific screws, ssd for 250 or so, and hdd for 500

thank

P.s. Interested in speeding up the lightroom

P.p.s By the way, the stray that controls the ssd cache standard after updating to Windows 8.1 died in the tray hangs but does not start - crashes with an error. Hez knows what that ssd is doing in the system now ...

Posted 05/24/2014 16:54:

Wrong, hdd 1Tb :)
lamer_5
Message#11
15.06.14, 10:44
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 468
Check in: 02.01.13
Samsung Galaxy A30 SM-A305FD 3/32

people, advise the bag for the device, soon south, and this crap does not get anywhere, even in the bag for 18 "laptop (width)
go shopping with him and try on too, somehow reluctantly: rolleyes:
since I don’t have enough rights to change the post, I’ll sign off that the TARGUS CN418 bag is ideal for a tablet (in Eldorado it costs 999 r) in other places more expensive
harrytoad
Message#12
10.11.14, 09:06
a guest
[offline]

Group: Banned
Messages 4
Check in: 16.01.08
Qtek S110

Tohandrio @ 05/23/2013, 19:45*
the touch keyboard does not automatically pop up in desktop (non-metro) applications - probably the W8 cant;

solved by installation: ShowTabTip.exe
rossi46
Message#13
27.04.15, 23:47
User
[offline]

Messages 76
Check in: 10.04.08
LG G2

People problem with that
after some time circles appear on the screen from pressing
and the start button does not respond, you have to press your fingers
on the screen and then the touch is turned off
rebooting does not help
only full shutdown
can anyone know what the problem is
n1821
Message#14
18.05.15, 18:32
Novice
[offline]

Messages 42
Check in: 10.08.10
LG Q6a

Good evening! Owners, sign up how do you like this device (tablet PC)? I want to buy, but there are no reviews, nor any other information besides this resource. What is it that is not? Thank you in advance. : thank_you:
deyr
Message#15
16.08.15, 10:05
a guest
[offline]

Messages 3
Check in: 10.04.14

Tell me, please, what type of SSD mSATA M.2 is included in the socket? they are 60 mm and 80 mm
serzyx
Message#16
02.01.16, 11:10
a guest
[offline]

Messages 6
Check in: 25.01.11

who knows where it is for sale? i5, i7 version
Snarkoid
Message#17
13.01.16, 21:09
a guest
[offline]

Messages 6
Check in: 25.12.12

Dear XPS 1810 owners! Have any of you noticed the battery run out if the all-in-one is turned off? Not a dream, not hibernation, not fast startup, nothing like that, just a complete shutdown, full shut down. Mine is discharged by 6-7% in 24 hours, being completely turned off and disconnected from the adapter. Battery installed new under warranty in December.

Share your observations, please.
n1821
Message#18
04.02.16, 17:42
Novice
[offline]

Messages 42
Check in: 10.08.10
LG Q6a

* serzyx
Found onlyhere
lexx_59
Message#19
24.02.16, 14:07
Local
[offline]

Messages 114
Check in: 29.08.13
Xiaomi Mi 5

Fortunately, I easily cured by installing a 256 GB SSD mSATA system and separately for storage a normal 1TB HDD with 32MB cache. For those who want to repeat the warning: hard must be thin - only 7 mm.

Good day.
Tell me, what drives are suitable? What are you set?

Is it possible to put only SSD for the system and leave
Stupid hdd segate 500gb (old 300th interface) and 32GB cache on mSata ssd are added to it.

Or should it be removed and replaced completely?

I do not really understand hard - but I would like to speed up my XPS a little

--------------------
SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
f3u3
Message#20
27.09.18, 23:36
a guest
[offline]

Messages 1
Check in: 29.03.14
Acer Iconia Tab A500