Acer Iconia W3 - Discussion | [tabletpc] Windows 8.1 '/ Atom Z2760 1.8GHz / 2GB RAM

Rep: (58)
Discussion Acer Iconia W3-810
tabletpc | Atom Z2760 | 2GB RAM | Windows 8 | screen 8.1 "
Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows 8.1 and 8 пїЅ | Windows RT | Windows 7 пїЅ | Windows xp пїЅ | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the OS of the laptop пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Games for tablets on Intel Bay Trail пїЅ | Accessories

Attached Image

A photo:
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

Photos of the opened tablet:

Specifications:
Specifications:
CPU: Dual-core Intel Atom Z2760 1.8GHz processor
GPU: PowerVR SGX545
Screen: 8.1 "TFT 1280x800 CrystalBrite LCD 186.35 ppi
RAM: 2GB
ROM: 32 / 64GB
GPS: -
Wi-Fi: 802.11a / b / g / n
USB: micro USB 2.0
Battery: 6700 mAh for up to 8 hours of battery life.
Front camera: 2MP
Rear camera: 2MP
Sizes: 219 x 139 x 10.2 mm
Weight: 495 g.
Price: $ 279 / $ 299 (in America) 15000-16000 rubles in Russia
List of models:
American line:
W3-810-1416 - NT.L1JAA.002
W3-810-1632 - NT.L1JAA.003
W3-810-1650 - NT.L1JAA.007
W3-810-1833 - NT.L1JAA.006

Line for the Russian market:
W3-810-27602G03nsw - NT.L1JER.001
W3-810-27602G06nsw - NT.L1JER.002
Mini F.A.Q. (answers to frequently asked questions)

Q0-installation system from scratch
A0-instruction 1
Kramar111
The key is not picked up, it needs to be pulled out of the BIOS, you need to install it with a test key (in the archive with the image), activate it with a key from the BIOS. Those. the only inaccuracy in the header is that 8.1 is not activated by the key sewn into the BIOS.
Acer Iconia W3 - Discussion

Q1-Is it possible to use third-party programs for backup?
A1-it just so happens that neither Acronis, nor NortonGhost, nor Paragon work correctly. But dearzalpet discovered that we can successfully apply (and can even replace the regular Acer program Macrium.Reflect plus you can play with the sections.

Also availableWinPE imagewith all drivers (touch works) and Macrium Reflect.

When you "chemize" with partitions, be sure to backup and restore the hidden UEFI partition to 100MB without it the tablet will not boot

Q2-Just bought (looked in the store) a tablet and found that it only works when the charger is on and the battery is not charging. And update the BIOS file
A2-Many have come across such instances (such a courier himself brought). This sin (mainly) tablets from M-Video. One solution is that when the tablet is turned on, start the acer update program and update the UEFI (BIOS) file, the program will offer to update two components (one of them will concern the battery problem fix). after a reboot, firmware will occur, and then windows will start. The main sign that the method worked is the charge indicator on the power button will light steady (and not blink) in orange, and when fully charged it will turn blue.

Q3-Can I connect peripherals?
A3-Can.
1-using a standard OTG adapter to which you can connect a USB hub (with or without external power)
2, you can embed this hub inside the tablet:Tyk, Tyk
3-buy bluetooth peripherals (keyboard, mouse, etc)

Q4-Can I connect a hard disk?
A4-Can. 2.5 "disks are connected without external power.

Q5-Are there OS images with integrated tablet drivers (touch, etc)
A5-Isboot.wim boot.wim (cloud mail.ru)(say thanks to the userzalpet ) with integrated drivers.

Q6-How to roll back the system to factory settings?
A6-describedhere
there are also recovery images (links inthis post )

Q7-what quality video can you watch comfortably?
A7-720r goes without brakes. In principle, the 1080p device also pulls, but on this screen, there is not much difference.

Q8-if I connect the tablet via HDMI to the TV FullHD what will be the image?
A8- FullHD

Q9- battery does not charge
A9- possible solutionhere
Officially, this tablet does not support Windows 10, however...
... it is possible to install it manually with drivers from 8.1. Ie: you can install and use it, but without a guarantee for stability.
technical support response
Good day.
Thank you for contacting Acer technical support.

This model will not be supported with Windows 10.
Detailed information you can read on the link.http://www.acer.ru/ac/…dows10-eligible-models

Best regards, Acer tech support.
Denis.

Attention to those who rearrange the system or assembly from scratch:
Before installing a new system, you need to know your key: using AIDA 64, pull it out of the BIOS or in any other available way.
However, they do not activate Windows 8.1 or 10, only the "Eight" is activated with our keys, and without our participation, i.e. automatically.

Post has been editedstp101 - 16.06.18, 21:51
Reason for editing: New cap edited by AndrewP_one

Suslikus @ 06/12/2013, 01:51*
There are two minuses in my opinion too:

I think the third minus is the lack of a normal dock like for example in w510.

Rep: (18)
The device has received.
The box just indicates a two-cell battery, until I found a program that would show the battery capacity.
There is nothing else in the box except a tablet and charging, now I will take a photo.
To compare the sizes, I took a picture next to the Xoom 2 ME.
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedNatacha - 11.06.13, 23:09
Reason for editing: Screenshots under the spoiler!

Roman-Good,
Thank you very much for the photo: ok:
Roman-Good @ 06/12/2013, 02:36*
In the box, there is nothing more than a tablet and charging, now I will take a photo.

It is strange that there is no USB-miniUSB adapter and recovery disk: huh:.

By the way, can transfer the theme from new products to the UMPC, MID and Tablet PC?

Post has been editedVitee_Ok - 11.06.13, 22:52

Oddly enough, there is nothing.
I haven’t played much with the device yet, there’s no time, but I can say something at once.
Using the touch is convenient when working with the system itself, you get even into small icons, but as for third-party software, it’s more problematic here. To get into it, this can be seen, since the place of contact with the screen slightly changes its color, but the reaction does not always have to be expected the first time.
The screen was slightly disappointed, it was somehow too glossy, the brightness margin was large, but the picture was somehow “metallic”, as if the contrast was too much, my eyes got tired very quickly.
C drive size is 49GB of which 32GB is available.

Roman-Good @ 06/12/2013, 03:10*
To get into it, this can be seen, since the place of contact with the screen slightly changes its color, but the reaction does not always have to be expected the first time.

This is unfortunately the problem of all tablets on Windows.
Roman-Good @ 06/12/2013, 03:10*
The screen was slightly disappointed, it was somehow too glossy, the brightness margin was large, but the picture was somehow “metallic”, as if the contrast was too much, my eyes got tired very quickly.

Strange, the w510 had a great screen. It seems that acer put a bad matrix in order to reduce the cost of the device.

Roman-Good, Is the weight of the tablet felt, is it convenient to hold it with one hand? And could you check the camera, take a couple of shots.

Weight is felt although not critical, you can hold it with one hand but it’s not convenient to use, now I’m taking a picture.
Took two shots of one with Note 2 the other with W3

Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedRoman-Good - 12.06.13, 00:16

Roman-Good @ 06/12/2013, 03:58*
Took two shots of one with Note 2 the other with W3

Mmda ... Quality to put it mildly so-so ... How many noise ... :( Well, Acer could not stick the camera from w510.

Roman-Good, Is gps present?

Post has been editedVitee_Ok - 12.06.13, 00:37

The camera is a web camera, no more, with the rear and rear quality the same. In daylight it should be better.
In the device manager did not find hints of a GPS module, most likely missing.
Tomorrow I’ll set Everest, see what he finds.
I tried to install Opera and Mozzila. The opera slows down godlessly, Mozzila also slows down, but the regular Internet Explorer pleased - it works smartly and smoothly, you have to get used to it.

Rep: (130)
Roman-Good @ 06/12/2013 00:10*
C drive size is 49GB of which 32GB is available.

The fact is that acer'a and like all current tablets have a hidden recovery disk (f10 before starting windows). And in the main software there should be a program that writes off this disk to a USB flash drive. Because 49 gigs free.
Vitee_Ok @ 06/12/2013, 00:39*
Strange, the w510 had a great screen. It seems that acer put a bad matrix in order to reduce the cost of the device.

The fact is that the reviews already explained that w3 has a budget screen (I don’t remember which one), it has smaller viewing angles, but the color rendition is better and more saturated.
Roman-Good @ 06/12/2013, 02:14*
In the device manager did not find hints of a GPS module

And it should not have been and has not been announced, most likely there will be other equipment with GPS and 3G, but you still need to survive :).

So far, only this one.http://www.acer.fi/ac/fi/FI/content/model/NT.L1JED.002

Post has been editedil1dan - 12.06.13, 05:38

Rep: (192)
The box is somehow quite budget-friendly, never in the style of win-tablets from acer'a (anyone who had w510 or w700 will understand me;)).

By the way, I advise the lucky owner of the device to transfer the recovery section from the eMMC tablet to a usb flash drive using one of the pre-installed Acer utilities (I don’t remember the name, unfortunately). Free gigs about 8-10 approximately.

Rep: (11)
remembered about the specificationhttp://ark.intel.com/en/products/70105/Int...ache-1_80-GHz,kUnfortunately, only 2GB, I also wanted to say about the docking station, but they got ahead of me, at least as with the previous models or the Gnummas, the question is about the Roman-Good cover, are there still none or are you not taking it? about GPS and 3G, is it possible to disassemble the body, maybe the manufacturer pampers us, then you have to do everything yourself, by the way, is there a hole for the SIM card or will you have to pick it? I forgot about the games completely)))Games for tablets based on Intel Atom Z2760

Post has been editedWILDC @ T - 12.06.13, 08:54

Mortare,
This utility offered me transferring recovery immediately after the Windows configuration, until I can’t transfer it, because I know for sure that I will use it a couple of times in the coming days.

While I noticed that WiFi reception is weaker than my Note 2 and especially Xoom 2 ME.
During the night in sleep mode, he ate about 4% of the battery.

I won’t take the case, the dock, too, will buy a wireless miniclav.

Post has been editedRoman-Good - 12.06.13, 12:09

Covers, that is, in stock and how much do they cost? If it's not a secret?))) with the dock, too, everything is clearly dull g ..., which does not represent any functionality besides claudia!

Rep: (67)
Roman-Good,
and where did you get the device? Is it for sale?

WILDC @ T @ 06/12/2013, 09:52*
Regarding gps and 3G, is there any way to disassemble the body, because the manufacturer pampers us, then you have to do everything yourself, by the way, is there a hole for the SIM card or will I have to pick it?

this is a joke? 0.o

WILDC @ T @ 06/12/2013, 09:52*
? I completely forgot about the games))) Games for tablets based on Intel Atom Z2760

But what if any windogames do not go? 0.o

Bought here:

But they dispersed within three days, there was a limited amount to see.

Since the tablets do not have a keyboard and mouse, and the processor itself is rather weak, a separate topic was created which discusses the possibility of launching and the game process of some games.

Mounted Everest Ultimate and found out the real battery capacity: 6700 mAh. (You can add to the description in the header) Proof under the spoiler.
Attached Image

As you can see from the photo, Battery capacity is 25160mWh, voltage is 3.75V
If we use the following formula mAh = mWa / V we get 6709mAh

Post has been editedRoman-Good - 12.06.13, 22:53

Roman-Good what are your impressions of the device? Eats up the battery quickly? What do you like and what not?

WILDC @ T,
While it is difficult to express their impressions, they are mixed.
I like the device itself, it is really compact solidly made, the fit of the parts is excellent. Hold with one hand normally, slightly felt weight but not critical. It comes out of sleep instantly, the speed of work is generally low, there are noticeable delays after clicking icons. Applications have a bit less latency. Installed Office 2003, it works and loads smartly, it’s bad that there is no horizontal scrolling by the touch. The device comes with a preinstalled Office 2013 with a key to Winovs, I honestly did not like it, but it is imprisoned for a touchscreen. I already wrote about browsers, Opera is very slow, Mozzila is better but not everything is smooth, Exprorer, oddly enough, works quite well. When browsing a video in full screen, all browsers cannot get out of it, in all but Explorer it slows down.
As I said earlier, the weak point of W3 is the screen, the resolution is enough, but the colors and glossiness leave much to be desired. I played with the screen settings, nothing good happens.
If light colors do not hurt the eyes, then the black tones become Goian's and merge. In landscape mode, the best color rendering if you look at the tablet at a slight angle from the center button.

Next will be ...

Still, back to the question of the cover and the time of work? Cases were available and how much they cost, and at least at least battery consumption?

There were no covers, I think they will appear on I-Bay soon, I did not search because I do not like covers, my cover from Ksum is lying around somewhere, I used it for two days.

Holds the battery for a long time, did not detect it for two days, it’s enough, probably somewhere in the wound declared 8 hours. I have all the wireless modules turned on and the brightness is half. Eats about 5% per night.
Then I’ll put some kind of monitoring software, now there’s no time.

Rep: (374)
M
The topic has been moved to the section.UMPC, MID and Tablet PC

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/17/19, 11:17 PM