ASUS RT-G32 - Discussion | [wifirouter] Discussion

Rep: (27)
ASUS RT-G32 - Discussion

A photo:
Attached Image

Description:
Asus RT-G32 WiFi router allows you to organize secure Internet access for several computers and mobile devices, even for a person who does not have special education.

Special attention is paid to communication security. The Asus RT-G32 WiFi router supports several encryption protocols, including WPS, WEP128 / 64 bit, WPA PSK and WPA2, and is equipped with a special “security button” to quickly create a secure connection. The router has a built-in firewall, which is designed to prevent penetration from the outside, the filtering system by IP and MAC addresses allows, if necessary, to restrict access to the Internet from the internal network.

In addition to the wireless module, the Asus RT-G32 WiFi router is equipped with 4 RJ-45 ports, which makes it possible to create cable connections, for example, for a desktop computer or a stationary laptop.
Specifications:
Standards
IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE802.11n-compatible IEEE802.11d, IEEE 802.3, IEEE802.3x, IEEE 802.3u, IPv4, CSMA / CA, CSMA / CD
Functions
• Built-in DHCP server automatically assigns IP address to all workstations on your LAN.
• 802.11b / 802.11g / 802.11n provides WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK and SSID functions for security purpose
Operating frequency
2.4 - 2.5 GHz
Work channels
11 for N. America, 14 Japan, 13 Europe (ETSI)
Power class
• n mode: 15 ~ 17dBm
• g mode: 15 ~ 17dBm
• b mode: 16 ~ 18dBm
Sensitivity
IEE802.11b: -88 dBm (Typical)
IEE802.11g: -74 dBm (Typical)
802.11n Draft 2.0 up to 150Mbps
LAN ports
WAN x 1, LAN x 4 RJ45 for 10/100 BaseT
LED indicators
Power x 1, WLAN x 1, WAN x 1, LAN x 4
Reset button
WPS Push Button, Reset default button
Authentication
MAC address
Firewall
NAT Firewall, IP filter, URL based filter, MAC Address filter
Extended capabilities
VPN: IPSec Pass-Through, PPTP Pass-Through, L2TP Pass-Through
Utilities: EZ Setup Wizard, Firmware Restoration, Device discovery
Network protocol
Support UPnP, DHCP, DNS Proxy, NTP Client, DDNS, Port Trigger, Virtual Server, Virtual DMZ, VPN Pass-Through
Nutrition
DC Input: + 12V with max 1A current
Note: Use only the adapter included in the package. Using other adapters may damage the device.
Dimensions
167 x 110 x 33 mm (WxDxH)
Weight
198.2 g
Useful links:

There is no curator in the subject. For filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 09.01.19, 09:41
Reason for editing: Padavan on RT-G32 C1

Rep: (114)
Good day to all.
In general, I'll start. Ports .... It is necessary to open ports, from time to time I fight with the Asus rt-g32 router.
How many attempts are not made - it is useless.
Provider "Rostelecom" Khabarovsk.
Ipu gray Hamachi use of course cool but tired already.
I tried a virtual server and even dmz ... it does not work, I put the necessary ports into exceptions in the firewall - it did not bring any fruit.
I turned off the router's firewall - it's the same story.

I watched the video in YouTube with the opening of ports - 2ip.ru hints that the port is closed ...
I went to the office, there was one man, he said that nothing was closed to them, but his aura hinted to me that he was clearly not professional, because he constantly told me that "well, ports are ports, if you want, I will send you a modem
Please help me. : nea:

Rep: (1356)
Matmotex @ 04/29/2013, 19:23*
Ipu gray

and correctly 2ip says that the ports are closed ... from the outside you are not accessible to anyone under any sauce until you get a white IP ... a port forwarding will not help ...

Shl: only another one from the same gray IP address subnet can connect to a gray ip ...

Rep: (3)
Help guys. There is a router of this model, which worked for itself, worked, then the month ended, the Internet was turned off, did not replenish the account in time, and the owner of the router (my girlfriend), panicked, began to press where the hand would fall. As a result, the Internet paid, but he did not appear from this. Cable in the computer - the Internet is, cable to the router - the Internet and does not smell. I am a superficial PC user, but I am not familiar with network equipment, so I ask for help from more experienced people. Thank)

Post has been editedbackpacker180413 - 13.06.13, 22:54

backpacker180413,
heh ... set up a router .... for example using this instruction -http://i-on.ru/article/instrukcija-po-nast...era-asus-rt-g32
in the setup of the router, step 3-4 should be clarified with the provider or in the pieces of paper that the provider gave when concluding the contract ... however, this is stated at the very beginning of the instruction ...

Post has been editedcooler.nvkz - 14.06.13, 05:57

Rep: (0)
Good day. Until recently, used the wired Internet. but the equipment goes ahead and there is a need for a wi-fi router. Having connected it, I ran into a problem, I had an amateur server called la2 and Ragnarka all worked through no-ip perfectly. but after installation, the router has blocked all ports and does not allow the server to but un, not to mention incoming clients.
Is it possible to restore the so-called justice and run through the server's router in the usual way?

IP: dynamic through no-ip
wi-fi: asusu rt-g32 C1

Rep: (2829)
Dmitrikon,
You need to open the necessary ports on the router, and register DDNS in the settings of the router. If the router does not support the selected DDNS, then you need to select the supported router and register it in the router, then on remote clients change the name of the remote server to a new one.

Thank you for quickly responding.
I understand it should have been but un but it is not what can there be further action?
Attached Image

Dmitrikon,
Register on one of those servers that are in the list on the screen, then you set up the settings in the router, and in the future you open the ports on the router, the virtual server tab.

It turns out that it will no longer be no-ip? or will he give his address and then redirect to but-un?
Incompetently I tried to open ports in different ways, but I don’t see any changes to the server
Attached Image

For the first time, I ran into this and many questions I found on forums only for static un
with my option is either more difficult or not yet clear to me

put inside the server address local and port on it. started and comes from my computer through but ip. it remains only to check with the rest. in the evening I will unsubscribe. if someone else has ideas or suggestions on the router I will be ready to listen to them

Dmitrikon @ 08.28.2013, 13:53*
It turns out that it will no longer be no-ip?

What about your no-ip concept? In my it is a service that allows you to get a permanent external ip or a name, regardless of the ip that the provider gave you, right?

no-ip is a service on the Internet that has already given me the same address that I need)

Good night to everyone, leafed through 12 pages, did not find an answer.
Bought ASUS RT-G32 c.1 updated the firmware to 7.0.2.31 everything tuned in 5 minutes.
There are no questions on the grid, but I started to test wi fi everywhere norms (tablet, smartphone), but I caught fir trees in one room (I bought them especially for my sister), I don’t even have 10 meters, but the wall is like a campaign.
I began to google how to set up wi fi, it seemed to do everything, still ate pulling.
1) I want to know whether the inclusion of WMM (Wi-Fi Multimedia) helps and how I can turn it on, I cannot find (
2) How can I improve, increase the signal wi fi?
3) how to clone the poppy address (the main computer is connected via cable to the router) so that the provider would not cut off the connection with the router or what it is there. In the settings I did not find this (
Thank you in advance

Post has been editedRedfox666 - 18.11.13, 01:06

1. will not help
2. An antenna with greater gain than it is now ... on the router and / or on the computer if there is a possibility ...
3. WAN tab, at the bottom "special requirements of the Internet service provider", the MAC address field

Rep: (78)
Stitch in wives and have no problems. It is necessary to look at the audit !!

Dealt with that problem, faced another.
ASUS RT-G32 router c.1 firmware 7.0.2.31 (purchased only for wifi on the phone tablet, computer and laptop connected by cable)
I will describe how it is connected to make it easier to understand.
The Internet cable is stretched to the hallway and connected to the zixel es-305 router (it was given when the provider was connected) from it goes one cable in one room to the laptop, everything is stable there, the return on speed tests is normal.
And the second cable goes to my room and is connected to the wifi router ASUS RT-G32 c.1 and from it already by cable to the computer (do not ask why). The problem is that when it was connected to the straight through zixel es-305, the speed was normal as on a laptop, but right now through ASUS it cuts about 30% to 30-40% to receive and to return.

What can you advise, maybe somewhere to set something up?
100% is in the asus router, but I don’t know what to tweak or configure.

Redfox666 @ 11/22/2013, 20:09*
The second cable goes to my room and is connected to the wifi router ASUS RT-G32 c.1 and from it already by cable to the computer (do not ask why).

cable to plug in? in the WAN or LAN? connect to the LAN and in the settings of the router disable DHCP ...

Right now it is connected via WAN, in the evening I will try to connect via LAN.

connect to the LAN and in the settings of the router disable DHCP ...

I did what you said, everything worked, but the smartphone tablet stopped connecting via Wi-Fi))))
Apparently due to disabling DHCP = /

Redfox666
theoretically, clients connected to the asus receive aypishniki from zyukhel ... the computer normally works? See what is in the wifi settings - maybe it is there some kind of a separate network pretends ...

PS: I have long since so worked DIR100 and WRT54GS (with firmware DD-WRT) ...

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/10/19, 20:44