> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Samsung GT-I9500 Galaxy S IV - Discussion | Smartphone 5 "

Rep: (1311)
DiscussionSamsung GT-I9500 Galaxy S IV
PictureSamsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9500
Description | FAQ | Archive - Samsung GT-I9500 Galaxy S IV Discussion | Discussion | Purchase | Accessories | Marriage and Repair | Official firmware 4.2.2 - 4.3.x | Official firmware 4.4.x KitKat | Samsung GT-I9500 Galaxy S IV - Official firmware 5.0.X | Custom firmware | Modified and stock kernels | Modification of software and decorations | power usage | S4 camera talk | Development | GT-I9500 modems | games and apps | Owners Club Samsung Galaxy S IV | Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV | Samsung Galaxy S4 (Google Edition) | Copies of the Samsung Galaxy SIV | Wallpaper for Full HD screens (1080x1920 and 2160x1920) | Google Play - Technical Issues | Repair IMEI (EFS Issues)

This topic is discussedonly the device itself and the features of its operation on stock firmware!

All questions, the answers to which are in the FAQ, as well as questions on firmware, games, accessories, marriage and repair of the device,
questions on third-party applications will be deletedwithout warning.

Additional rules
1. Discussion of marriage, power consumption, games, programs, interface modifications and other things is done in the relevant topics. To navigate, use the navigation in the top of the header.
2. If communication is reduced to two people, then such conversations should take place inQMS. This is not CHAT, this is a forum!
3. All images must be hiddenunder spoilers.
4. Referrals to the header are equal toflood.
5. Rules section "Android - Devices"

Reasons for deleting posts
1. Messages are not on the topic of discussion, as well as the answers to them -deleted without warning.
2. All posts related to the process of flashing and problems arising from this -deleted without warning
3. Messages that do not carry any meaning, and consist of monosyllabic statements: "Good!", "I'll try!", "When?", "Where?" -are deleted.
4. Questions, the answer to which is directly given in the header -deleted without warning
5. Messages with words of gratitude -are deleted
Useful
Reviews
Results of previous polls
Attached Image

Attached Image

Unforgettable about user moderation. We use the buttonsAttached ImageorAttached Imageto evaluate posts in the topic. It helps to keep the topic as clean as possible.
If you just did not like the message, it is not necessary to minus it.
To clarify what is put a minus, move the cursor over the buttonAttached Imageunder the message.

Ask all questions about the KIES program and the release of updates to Samsung
Samsung does not provide Changelog (list of changes) in its firmware

Attention!Old posts have been moved to topic:Archive - Samsung GT-I9500 Galaxy S IV Discussion

To help you, give thanks in QMS orraising your reputation

Post has been editedMgalex - 24.11.18, 11:51
Reason for editing: Marriage and Repair

Rep: (612)
How to reduce the travel card on the subway
I once read an articleSelf-made NFC in the phone - failed experiment
And I decided to slightly upgrade it and bring to mind

1. Take a ticket and bring it to the water.
Screenshot
Attached Image

2. We start rubbing it in the end we get such a ticket
Screenshots
Attached Image

either such
Attached Image

3.Open the phone's cover and glue it so that the arrow hits the sim card
Screenshot
Attached Image
Attached Image

4. Close the lid
Screenshot
Attached Image

5. Downloading Yandex Metro

6. Turn on NFC
Screenshot
Attached Image

7. We see
Screenshot
Attached Image

Now we have a Pass in the phone with the ability to check trips !!!

K
Added to the cap!

Post has been editedSmashik - 07.07.13, 16:02

Rep: (2994)
How to check your Galaxy SIV (GT-I9500) for originality, before buying or inserting.

Given that the Chinese industry is already producing full fakes SGS4 I post the instructions for checking the phone for originality.

Instructions for checking for originality
1. Go to Settings->About device->Model number. Since you can write anything here, it only makes sense when another model is immediately written there. Further here is Settings->About device->Android 4.x.x version several times quickly click on this item until a picture appears indicating the actual version of Android (for example, as in screenshot 4.2.2), on clones, as a rule, the versions do not match.

Real candy
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

You can play with candies, throw them, so you need to play a long tap on the first big candy.

2. Call the service of those. Samsung support by phone 8-800-555-55-55 (round-the-clock and free of charge) and ask to verify your IMEI, which can be recognized by the code * # 06 # by dialing it in the dialer. Since there were rumors that the Chinese craftsmen are stitching the original stolen IMEI on their crafts, it is better to be safe. You can also check your phone by serial number.

3. Dial the code * # 0 * # to enter the service menu. (It can be disabled if you take it with your hands, it should always work out of the box). If everything works, then with high probability we can say that you have the original. Also in this menu you can check the performance of the main hardware of the phone, camera, sound, vibration, dead pixels, and so on.

Screenshots of the service menu - the main menu, the "Sensor" button, the "Touch" button.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

4. Download and install a program showing the characteristics of the device, for examplePhone INFO ★ Samsung ★orAndroid System Info, and check with information such as the Samsung website. Only software components of the OS version can differ, for example, Android 4.2.2 (there should be no other versions, this is China), all hardware characteristics such as screen resolution, diagonal, processor (can be defined as "ARMv7"), camera resolution, etc. . must match exactly. Also, the hardware characteristics can be checked in the programAnTuTu Benchmarkin the info section

Screenshot from the original GT-I9500
Hardware specifications from Android System Info
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Hardware specifications from AnTuTu Benchmark
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

5. Visually inspect and compare with the original or with images from the official Samsung website or view a review on any video hosting service, the presence and location of the light sensor, camera, labels, etc., as well as the internal arrangement of the elements should exactly match the image in the screenshot .

View of the original GT-I9500
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

6. Check for Recovery mode (Recovery mode), Download Mode (firmware mode). As a rule, on Chinese clones, you need to enter Recovery mode differently, so if you have a clone, it will either not enter or show something that does not coincide with the image in the screenshots.
6.1 In order to enter Recovery mode, it is necessary to simultaneously hold down the volume rocker to plus (Volume +), the central button (Home), and the power button (Power) and turn the power on until the phone is turned on. To exit this mode, select the Reboot system now (selected by default) volume rocker, and press the Power button.

Screenshot Recovery mode on the original GT-I9500
Attached Image

Spoiler (+/-) (Stock Recovery mode - Factory, out of the box should always be so)

6.2 In order to enter Download mode, it is necessary to simultaneously hold down the volume rocker to the minus (Volume-), central button (Home), and power button (Power) and turn it on until it is turned on, after downloading you should see exactly what is shown in the screenshot on the left, then you need to press the volume rocker to plus (Volume +) and we will see what is on the screenshot to the right, in the upper left corner, the information we are interested in:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9500
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official (With hands can be Custom, an unofficial firmware is installed)
SYSTEM STATUS: Offical. (It may be Custom to change the official firmware, for example, install root rights and so on ...)

Exit the mode by holding the power button (Power). But you should not flatter yourself, in capable hands all these counters are easily brought to the factory state - Current Binary: Samsung Official, System Status: Official, well, it's basically not scary.

Download mode
Attached Image
Attached Image

Do everything at your own peril and risk! If you don’t have the original, it’s not clear what the consequences may be, for example, p. 6, maybe HardReset is there))) And accordingly, if you have a clone, then at best you won’t be able to flash it, at worst you will get a non-recoverable brick.
Each item individually cannot guarantee you 100% certainty, but a combination of them at 99.9% will give you such confidence.

K
In a hat

Post has been editedEnlightened grandfather - 18.06.14, 20:43

Rep: (14)
Reni1 @ 09/15/2013, 14:42*
Does anyone get a screenshot when you hold your hand over the screen?

The fact is that the hand does not need to be led OVER the screen, but to hold the back of the palm of your hand across the screen.

Rep: (541)
In general, tell me what should I do to re-earn all the sensors to a single?

Everything works more or less normally when the smartphone is not in the hands, but lies on a flat surface. For example on the table. And also ... The normal operation of the function - "Quick Look" (short-term switching on the screen when waving a palm) may interfere with some third-party applications. For example, I had an applicationGO Battery Saver & Widget - And precisely because of him this function did not work. Removed it - The function works great.

Post has been editedFoto40 - 15.09.13, 16:28

Rep: (9)
Foto40 @ 09/15/2013, 17:42*
Check all your sensors in the test menu - * # 0 * #
Then you will know for sure if they are working or not. Or simply, some outsider software does not allow them to work normally.

I checked everything, everything works. but now the question is what kind of program can block these gadgets? I mean what type of program? maybe you know.

What program can block these gadgets?

One of them I wrote to you. The rest is sorry .... I can not know what you installed on your smartphone, and that now affects the operation of the sensors.
Delete ... and check one by one ...

Rep: (9)
Foto40,
thanks, figured it out. everything is working)

Rep: (0)
Please tell me how to solve the problem with the function of USB-modem.
When the USB modem is in operation, after the battery is fully charged, the modem turns off and the phone switches to removable disk mode.
You have to turn on the USB modem again.

Rep: (46)
Tell me, do all live wallpapers freeze for a split second after sleep?

wallpaper fadesfor a split second After sleep?

Please, specify for what fraction of a second they freeze you.

Rep: (11)
Can you please tell me how to make the built-in mp3 player update the library? He didn’t see all the tracks.
I tried to move the folder but did not bring results.
Thanks in advance.

He didn’t see all the tracks

Check such moments - There should be no signs and symbols (#,%, $,! Etc.) in the names of the tracks. Paths to folders preferably without Cyrillic. Well, so that the tracks were not broken by themselves. Then run the library scan again.
P / S If anything, write in the LAN, so that there does not understand a few pages.

Post has been editedFoto40 - 17.09.13, 15:32

Hello again! I hasten to share! There was a problem with the device periodically connected to the stand itself (there is no stand) pop-up message connected to the stand, once connected to the computer (the computer could not see the device). He took it to the repair center. Returned to the receipt indicated as follows: "Electromechanical. Samsung repair with soldering. Replacing parts: MODULE-SUB PBA + SENSOR FPCB_USB.
RESULT: the problems with which they were addressed were eliminated, but another one appeared when charging, the message “CHARGING IS STOPPED: a BATTERY LOW TEMPERATURE” pops up. Tell me how to cure? Maybe not from a calibrated thermo sensor? Or carry back to the S / C?

Rep: (46)
Please, specify for what fraction of a second they freeze you.
somewhere half a second, it is noticeable with dynamic wallpaper. While the interface itself (unlock, menu, etc.) begins to work (animated) immediately.

Or carry back to the S / C?

I think this is the most correct decision.

Rep: (5)
Can you please tell me how to make the built-in mp3 player update the library? He didn’t see all the tracks.
here's how to solve this problem in mySamsung GT-I9500 Galaxy S IV - Discussion (Post # 24768542)
and here's anotherSamsung GT-I9500 Galaxy S IV - Discussion (Post # 24769879)

Fantomsavagemessiahzine.com @ 17.09.2013, 15:28 *
You have to turn on the USB modem again.

Now for the first time in more than a year, I specially tried this function - Everything works, nothing is turned off and is not interrupted after the battery is fully charged. Perhaps in the device you had some kind of a small failure (this happens with any technique). Try to make a complete reset to factory settings. Reset helps to fix many glitches and possible system errors. Just keep in mind that all your data and settings will be deleted.

Post has been editedFoto40 - 17.09.13, 21:00

Where to include such a thing. When the headphones are stuck on the desktop, 1 more desktop appears and there you can scroll through the music and so on. If the headphones disconnect the table disappears.

Rep: (1)
Hello!
It was stitched on 4.2.2 and such a problem started, maybe not because of the firmware, when the phone reaches 30% on the battery, it is cut down and the battery does not turn on, if you plug in the charging cord, the body starts charging and turns on, someone It was?

It was stitched on 4.2.2 ... when the phone reaches 30% on the battery, it is cut down and the battery type does not turn on

I'll start with the versionAndroid on our device, initially - 4.2.2. But the firmware versions themselves are all different.
A few pages ago already wrote about such cases with the battery. There may be several reasons for this. From the firmware to the battery itself.
Refer to the topic -Accessoriesperhaps they know a more likely explanation.

Post has been editedFoto40 - 17.09.13, 23:28

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/10/19 12:44