[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 1214
Check in: 15.11.09

DiscussionAsus taichi
PictureTaichi 21, Taichi 31
Description | Discussion | FAQ | Buying and Accessories | Marriage | Firmware

Attached Image

Recently, I have a need for a more compact beech - a pair of the existing 13.3-inch Acer Aspire S7. Stopped on 11.6-inch models. Choose between Acer S7, Sony Vaio Duo and Asus Taichi. Very compact dimensions and low weight - everything was in favor of the S7, however, since I didn’t have a relationship with full-fledged tablets, I didn’t want to take a second copy of one model, I decided to buy a transformer - a beech tablet. Stopped at Asus Taichi 21.
I will try to compare the "Taichi" with Acer S7.
Keyboard:Taichi "does" the S7 in full: first, the backlight - it has three levels of brightness and works fine in any light (the S7 keys are "blind" when working at dusk). Secondly, the layout is familiar and convenient. And the buttons move softer.
Screen / screens:Two screens in Taichi is really a thing! You want - in your hands beech, you want - a tablet. Flying / traveling around the world will appreciate. In addition - the internal screen of the "Asus" matte and glare on it almost none. And, despite the smaller screen size at Taichi, the eyes do not get tired when working. However, the S7 screen is brighter! And sometimes these extra nites are very lacking in Asus.
Dimensions:Here the S7 is ahead - it makes no sense to compare the length / width (all the S7 has a 13.3-inch screen, while the Taichi has 11.6, although there is a version with a 13.3-inch display), but the thickness of the Acer is almost half the size of the Asus.
Performance:My machines work on identical processors (i5), versions of "Windy" (Win8), RAM and there, and there 4 Gigabytes each, SSD for 128 Gigabytes. I did not feel any difference. The speed of loading beeches is about the same.
Autonomous work:Also Fifty Fifty.
Other:Taichi even in idle time heats up to 70 degrees, and S7 - up to 55-60, however, the cooling system of the latter is more noisy.
Conclusion:The devices are different, but I am pleased that it was Taichi who took it. Still, the possibility of transformation is a big deal.
Problems: So far, the processors temperature jumps: the idle time can be at the level of 45-50, and maybe - 70-80, under equal conditions. With the lid closed, of course, the temperature is even higher (as the lid closes the ventilation holes). In those. Support "Asusa" said that this is a feature of the model. Well, BT sometimes falls off.
While all;)
Problem solving

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 26.09.14, 10:02
Reason for editing: Completed at the request of VoidVolker
Mortare
Message#22
21.04.13, 23:57
Think different.
[offline]

Messages 1067
Check in: 07.07.12
Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE SM-G935F

but you temporarily reassure me if you say that to the ative (I correctly understood that there is also a wak?) the pen from the laptop does not fit)

Eh, I would be glad to know whether it is true or not, but I haven’t had a laptop for a month now - it slipped out of my hands and crashed to smithereens, falling from a seven-meter height, and when I was, I didn’t check it - it didn’t come to anything<_<
By the way, now I regret that then, being upset, I did not take his remains with me, but only pulled out Simka. So at least the same stylus would be useful.

And how can I search for the appropriate installed driver?
In the device manager, I have nothing that could be responsible for the stylus, not listed.
Attached Image

"Unknown device" on the screen - not him, because does not disappear after installing the digitizer driver, which offers SW update.

By the way, does Taichi have an inscription “input support using a pen” in the system information?

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 22.04.13, 10:20
Reason for editing: [/ SPOILER].

--------------------
Smartphones: Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro, Samsung Ativ S (WP 8.1)
Smart watch: Asus ZenWatch 2
Ultrabook transformer: Sony Vaio Duo 13 (core i7-4500U, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd)
okaton
Message#23
22.04.13, 00:37
Local
[offline]

Messages 256
Check in: 29.08.07
Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos SM-G900FD

"Pen input support and full Windows touch support (touch points: 10)"
Mortare
Message#24
22.04.13, 00:44
Think different.
[offline]

Messages 1067

So after all, is there any way to identify this elusive driver, other than finding the corresponding device in the controller?

Good news: Taichi in all versions and configurations have Wakom's substrate. Confirmation is precisely the phrase "Support for input using the pen." Specially checked: on devices where there is no support for the stylus (checked using the example of Lenovo Yoga, Acer Aspire s7, Asus VivoBook x202e) in this column only support for touch input is indicated.

And about pen support it is indicated for all devices that are really equipped with the appropriate substrate.
So the only question is to find the original stylus or compatible.

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 22.04.13, 16:13
Reason for editing: combined.

--------------------
okaton
Message#25
22.04.13, 16:45
Local
[offline]

Messages 256

Correspondence with asus support.

How do I purchase and when will the TAICHI Stylus Pen go on sale?

Onlinehttp://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=prod...tail&p=5010
It has the status of out of stock.

Hello!

Thank you for contacting ASUS Technical Support.

Did the stylus go in the kit?
If you went, you can try to contact the service center.

If the stylus was not included, then it is useless to buy it - it will not work on your laptop.

P.S. Please keep the correspondence in the body of the letter !!!
-------------------------------------
Sincerely, ASUS Technology PTE. Limited,
Technical support service

The stylus was not included.
Why won't it work on my laptop?
The pen option is OS functional. Constructive differences in the laptop with which
could go pen not stated.

Hello!

Laptops have different matrixes: just a touch (which responds only to a finger) and a Wacom (which responds to a finger and a stylus). With the latest stylus necessarily comes.
If not, then the matrix is ​​simply sensory. Then the stylus (exactly) will not work there.
If you just need a stylus, look for a universal one that works like a finger (with a rubber or similar tip)

Hello!

Why don't you (asus) warn on your website that
Are there different versions with different functionality?
I understand correctly that the service center will not change the matrix for me and
pen will not give?

Hello!

No one on any site (from the official) promised that the matrix should definitely be with a stylus.
It is clearly and clearly written - sensory! And that's it! And they are both sensory. What could be the claim?
Matrix with a stylus in principle goes only in one, maximum, configuration, which are either not yet delivered to Russia, or are just starting.

In the service, of course, the matrix will not change.
More precisely, it is possible to treat them with this (in the form of modernization), but the cost of the operation will be very expensive. Easier to buy the right universal stylus.

something like that ... how competent the employee answered is unknown.

Post has been editedokaton - 22.04.13, 16:45
Mortare
Message#26
22.04.13, 19:58
Think different.
[offline]

Messages 1067

Well, this is clearly nonsense. Apparently, he is not aware of the specifics of this model in general, and he had the following logic:

Here, I bought myself some friend of a touchscreen laptop, since asus has a lot of them. And he wants this notebook to support the stylus. Naivnyayayashechka! But for the order it would be necessary to clarify, but in truth, the laptop supports the stylus. But how to do it? Mmmm ... Right! Need to ask if the stylus was included! After all, their marvelous company cannot, for reasons of economy, change its mind to equip notebooks intended for all uninteresting countries, like Russia, with stylus!

Something like this.

In any case, a simple comparison of devices that a priori do not support the stylus and do not have a substrate with the devices that have it, gives an unambiguous result: for simple touch in the system information, the stylus support is not indicated, there is only sensory input.

--------------------
okaton
Message#27
22.04.13, 20:45
Local
[offline]

Messages 256

I also think so, after all, to establish a separate production ... okay, the disk or the mother with different processes, but to control where to put the substrate, and where not ...
However, there should also be a wacom controller on the motherboard ...
Here is an interesting little articlehttp://habrahabr.ru/post/160793/

In any case, a simple comparison of devices that a priori do not support the stylus and do not have a substrate with the devices that have it, gives an unambiguous result: for simple touch in the system information, the stylus support is not indicated, there is only sensory input.

and this, for me, is really interesting infa, since this is my translation device on a Windows with a sensor, I don’t know what they usually write there.
Do they perceive the pen as a "poke" or as a serious product.

Post has been editedokaton - 22.04.13, 20:46
Mortare
Message#28
22.04.13, 21:07
Think different.
[offline]

Messages 1067

Okaton @ 04/22/2013, 9:45 PM*
Do they perceive the pen as a "poke" or as a serious product.

Accurately perceived as a full-fledged digital device. Here's the thing: there are after all professional graphic tablets (such as digital drawing boards) that are connected to a computer separately. They are built on the same technology as the similar stylus for the Tablet PC. And, as I recall, when you connect this device to a computer, he writes that input is available with a pen.

Again, I repeat: I today, being in Mediamarkt and White Wind. I specifically examined several touch screen devices running Windows 8 (in particular, Acer Aspire S7, Lenovo Yoga, Asus Vivobook x202e, Acer w510, Asus Vivoyab smart) . None of them was told in the system information about pen input, only about the usual touch.
But those devices that have pen support exactly (my Ativ, Sony Vaio Duo 11, Ativ on the atom) about pen support were clearly written in the same place as about sensory input.
In my opinion, there are ample reasons to conclude: the Windows recognize the presence of the substrate and indicate this in the system information.

Well, and besides: after all, the usual capacitive stylus can be used with any screen. About him would not write separately. So typing with a pen is exactly Wacom pen or its very close counterparts (like Surface Pro, as I understand it, it uses some kind of its technology, but the implementation is the same).

Post has been editedMortare - 22.04.13, 21:09

--------------------
okaton
Message#29
22.04.13, 21:17
Local
[offline]

Messages 256

It is a pity that Tai Chi was not there (((
You gave me hope: D besides jokes, the arguments are convincing to me.
If possible, I will go to the store to test the Sony pen for Tai Chi.

By the way, heroes 5 do not look very (

Post has been editedokaton - 22.04.13, 21:21
Mortare
Message#30
22.04.13, 21:26
Think different.
[offline]

Messages 1067

There is an interesting form on YouTube, where Taichi and Vayo Duo are compared (sorry, the truth is that in English). Somewhere in the middle there is a comparison of the actual styluses of these devices, and the author of the review mentioned that the styli are absolutely identical.

Here is the link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=648qOQJCsF0

By the way, after MediaMarkt and Digital specially traveled to MVidea on Alekseevskaya - one of not so many shops in Moscow, where Taichi was in the window.

Twenty minutes turned it in his hands, compared with his Ativ. What we liked: the case materials, the assembly (in contrast to the same Ativa, Taichi does not creak, if you press on it, the screen turning device seemed tighter than that on the dock of Ativa), design. The excess of 300 grams of weight in Taichi, when compared with Ativ in the tablet mode, is even felt, but does not create much discomfort. Taichi can be kept on the crook of the elbow with one hand, and the other can use the touchscreen.

Confused, however, the fact that Taichi is heated as a jester knows what. Obviously in MVideo, they didn’t load it with anything heavy before my arrival, but, taking it in my hands, I felt as if I had grabbed a frying pan. Ativ doesn’t heat up even in stress tests on the CPU.
It remains to be hoped that the problem with Taichi in the cooling policy prescribed by Asus in the bios (or rather, the UEFI) and sooner or later correcting it.

--------------------
okaton
Message#31
22.04.13, 21:49
Local
[offline]

Messages 256

in consequence of all the above, he wrote, in continuation of the discussion, to the asus:
"ok, please explain what the phrase in" computer->properties "
"Pen input support and full Windows touch support (touch points: 10)"
In win 8 using touch screens, but without the support of an "intelligent" pen, such an inscription is unacceptable. "

let's see what they answer (by the way, it turned out to communicate with the young lady)

About the heating, the asus laptops (I have the third one) do not differ at all (I wanted to say fire safety) ... mmm ... in general, everything gets hot)))
I noticed one feature, yesterday I downloaded 11 GB from the intranet, something didn’t grow up, 60% was loaded in 4 hours (approximately, heating is a stove), I was tired, I downloaded folders / files one at a time again - 30 minutes. the heat is weak - break the bite;)
about weight, it all depends on the consumer, I certainly can hold it for an hour or more (for example, watching a movie in the subway), but compared to a tablet laptop 2 10.1, the latter is more comfortable (I started to figure out why I need two devices)))
The lid of taichi is very (very) easy to move away + the upper screen is slightly smaller than the lower base (I was slightly mistaken, the opposite is true))), i.e. on the tum can be simply opened and the picture will go to the "other" screen. Actually, if coordination is not broken, there are no problems.
once again about heating, a couple of times during tests, he turned into hell (according to temperature (you can perform talas therapy)), but did not reboot, I have a acer, so he overheats at the most inappropriate moment considers his duty to reboot without notifying the user), especially if the ducts are plugged, by the way, the Tai Chi test for this was successful (!).
Once again on the occasion of heating, I set HMM 5 for half an hour (control - uzhos; the game clearly does not support full hd) the temperature, as it was, it remained (it did not heat up) ...

Post has been editedokaton - 22.04.13, 22:09
Mortare
Message#32
22.04.13, 22:03
Think different.
[offline]

Messages 1067

Well, then it's great - if only the CPU frequency does not cut overheating, and otherwise it doesn't matter (:

As for weight, well, I’m used to kilogram tablets (ATIV, Acer w700 before it, before this Acer w500), so 200-300 grams of excess weight will not make the weather (:

--------------------
Chevy
Message#33
23.04.13, 08:45
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1214

Mortare, okatonwhich I said: sveta: Strange things happen with temperature. The beech can with the lid closed in a warm room more than 55 does not heat up, and maybe in a cold room with the lid open to 80 heat up} -)
Mortare
Message#34
23.04.13, 11:05
Think different.
[offline]

Messages 1067

Chevy,
By the way, is the noise of a working fan strongly audible in conditions of silence in the room? In MVidea, of course, it is impossible to distinguish it at all, but for some reason it seemed to me that the cooler was not working at that moment at all.

I remember my VivoBook. So it is with a very similar design and about the same gland under load roared like a fighter taking off. But still heated less ((:

It seems to me that the guys from the asus again became too smart, and the active cooling at Taichi is switched on much less frequently and at much lower speeds than it should. But, if so, then it depends on the bios and it can be hypothetically corrected by flashing it.

--------------------
Chevy
Message#35
23.04.13, 11:46
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1214

Mortare @ 04/23/2013, 12:05*
and the noise of the fan is strongly audible in conditions of silence in the room?

The fan is quiet. On my previous ultrabooks (Lenovo U300S, Toshiba Z930 and Acer Aspire S7), the cooling systems worked louder.

Mortare @ 04/23/2013, 12:05*
then it depends on the BIOS and it can be hypothetically corrected by flashing it

That's what I was answered in "Asus": "Thank you for contacting ASUS technical support. 85C is still a normal operating temperature.
It may well be because you are blocking the air through the keyboard. So far nothing terrible. I would advise to purge the ventilation with air flow (without disassembling). You can reinstall ATK drivers (ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities) and Power4Gear program and reset BIOS to default (F2 at the start of loading - F9 - F10 or the Exit tab - Load (Restore) Defaults) - so that the entire cooling system works correctly. All drivers and utilities for your laptop model are available on our website:
http://support.asus.com.tw/download/downlo...;Type=All "

All recommendations followed. Nothing changed. The site has wood for the BIOS, but I have not yet decided to flash it.

Post has been editedChevy - 23.04.13, 11:46
Mortare
Message#36
23.04.13, 11:56
Think different.
[offline]

Messages 1067

Shevi @ 04/23/2013, 12:46*
The site has wood for the BIOS, but I have not yet decided to flash it.

I would advise to do it. If something is able to correct the situation with overheating, then just a flashing of the BIOS. In any case, it will not get worse (:

--------------------
Chevy
Message#37
23.04.13, 12:03
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1214

Mortare @ 04/23/2013, 12:56*
I would advise to do it.

I'll try the other day.
okaton
Message#38
23.04.13, 16:55
Local
[offline]

Messages 256

and again about the stylus,

Hello!

This is the standard system inscription, first.
And secondly, I have already said that since the styli are different, you can pick them up for any sensory matrix. read, please, on the Internet, what they are and how they differ (for capacitive (you) and resitive (like Wacom) matrices).

In this case, it was only that our brand stylus is designed for a different type of matrix (resistive), and it does not work for you.
I hope now everything is clear.
But then it is better to ask such questions to Microsoft (according to the inscriptions in the system, etc.)

Mortare
Message#39
23.04.13, 19:43
Think different.
[offline]

Messages 1067

They are stupid. That's all I can say.

"Our corporate stylus is designed for a different type of matrix (resistive)" - just for excellent. Devices with a resistive matrix do not produce for two years already as. And if suddenly a modification of Taichi, compatible with the stylus, would have a resistive matrix, this device would become a nominee for the title of “worst transformer of the year” according to any high-tech Internet portal. And then the stylus would not require batteries, and from the review it is clearly visible that batteries are used. In addition, the resistive stylino buttons. The resistive stylus is, in fact, an ordinary pin with a fine tip. When the PDA was equipped with resistive screens about 5 years ago, the lost styluses were often replaced with an ordinary handle rod. Significant, yes? There is no longer even an expert to understand that the stylus Taichi, which we saw in the reviews, has nothing to do with such a stylus.

Further.

"This is the standard system inscription, first." - standard for what? For a chipset that has Wacom stylus support? Yes of course. But for simple devices with a touch screen, it is not standard - you can see this by looking at reviews of laptops / tablets with touchscreen and Win8, but without a stylus. In the system information not a word about the support of the pen.

"reztivnyh (like Wacom) matrices" - for just this phrase the girl would be thrown out with any serious work. The Wakom matrix works on the basis of the principle of electromagnetic resonance, and certainly not on the principle of measuring pressure on a resistive substrate. Otherwise, firstly, the Wacom stylus would not have buttons, and secondly, they would not be recognized centimeter to the screen.

So do not worry, those. support in our country is often dialed according to the principle “which girl has a nicer voice”. As we can see, they have no idea about the subject of conversation.

For greater clarity, I’ll give a table with the characteristics of Wacom graphics tablets (they are made using the same technology as the matrixes on tablet PCs with a stylus. The substrate is one, it does not change from year to year)
table
Attached Image

As we can see, the three devices in the reading technology are “electromagnetic resonance”, and there is not a word about the resistive coating. The first tablet, by the way, in addition to the Wakom substrate, there is also the usual capacitive matrix, so it is very close in characteristics to our tablet PC.

Here, by the way, is an interesting article on the types of sensor matrices:http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D1%E5%ED%F1%...%FD%EA%F0%E0%ED

Post has been editedMortare - 23.04.13, 19:53

--------------------
Chevy
Message#40
23.04.13, 20:02
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1214

Mortare,I, too, the lady replied: lol: Apparently, the same ...
okaton
Message#41
23.04.13, 21:54
Local
[offline]

Messages 256

Mortareagrees with the arguments, damn cruel to the psyche such experiences
ChevyAnna Kapitanskaya - the hero of the day by stylus in asus.

At first glance, the characteristics correspond to mine, the stylus is included
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-Taichi-21-DH5...=item2a2830a52d

And here the stylus is on sale
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Official-ASUS-...=item2a2c1182fa

In the characteristics of the stylus, by the way, the Taichi series is listed ...
Asus

39 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/01/19 11:22