> Attention!

We strongly recommend to readRules section "Android - firmware"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

300 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Thl W8 - Firmware (Android OS 4.x.x)
Firmware!
What firmware is relevant for you?
Lewa v5 (from Akula1963) [ 28 ] ** [9,86%]
MIUI v5 (from shornik15) [ 74 ] ** [26,06%]
Newlife910 (from Akula1963) [ 5 ] ** [1,76%]
ColorOS (from Akula1963) [ 21 ] ** [7,39%]
Official 4.2.1 [ 101 ] ** [35,56%]
GravitiMod2 [ 31 ] ** [10,92%]
Galaxy S4 (by Paola) [ 26 ] ** [9,15%]
PROJECT DODGE (by STEIMANN) [ 7 ] ** [2,46%]
Color oc Perfomance (from MaximCSKA) [ 1 ] ** [0,35%]
Total votes: 284

lekrion
Message#1
14.04.13, 21:36
Curious person
[offline]

Topics Curator
Group: Curators
Messages 458
Check in: 12.11.10

Thl W8 - Firmware (Android OS 4.x.x)
PictureThL W8 - Official 4.2.1, GravitiMod2, LewaOS, Galaxy S4, MIUI
Description | Discussion | Purchase | A source of information | Firmware | Accessories | Marriage

ATTENTION!!! ALL THAT CONCERNS DISCUSSIONS, NAVIGATION, PURCHASING, CHARGING AND OTHER PROBLEMS NOT CONCERNING THE FIRMWARE, PLEASE WRITE IN THE RELEVANT THEM, THERE, THE MESSAGES WILL BE HAPPENED IN THE RELEVANT THEM, THERE WILL BE SHEET HOW TO LEARN OUT THERE.OfftopicAND REMOVE WITHOUT WARNING !!!

SCRIPTS, TWIKES AND ALL THAT REGARDS ANDROID MODERNIZATION: here

FAQ on android for beginners !!!
We read: here and here , and here
Firmware and root, common concepts - for beginners !!!
FIRMWARE AND RTH
General simple description for beginners.

Content:
Chapter 1. What is firmware, why to flash, what firmware are there.
Chapter 2. What is Ruth, and why is he.
Chapter 3. How are the firmware (firmware structure) and the introduction of the superuser (routing).
Chapter 4. Firmware / root programs, how to flash (general instructions).

Chapter 1. What is firmware, and why to flash, what are the firmware?

1.1. Firmware is something like an operating system, roughly speaking a set of programs in a smart that provide its basic functions. The firmware is mainly protected from the user, and he installs his programs additionally.
From the factory you get a phone with some factory / dealer / official firmware, today (end of May 2013) this is the March firmware. It has Russian language.

To make it clear, THL most of all loves its native Chinese, so they release official firmware in Chinese. Well, condescending to reality, there usually still have English. Smart sellers wholesalers who need to sell on the Russian-language market are fussing over to get Russian firmware. The largest of them persistently shake the plant, so that they stuck into the firmware and the Russian language. Sometimes they succeed in this, and sometimes it turns out more, sometimes less adequate Russification.

The March firmware in question is pretty well done. However, it has two known flaws. The first - pretty "pink" camera. This is a clear and understandable flaw. The second - the refresh rate is fixed at 30Hz. Some complain of eyes or headache, or delays in games. I personally have not seen either the first or the second or third. That is, no problem at all. Moreover, I suspect that this frequency was specifically reduced to reduce battery consumption, and I quite like it. But, as already said, for some it is evil, and they are tormented by the thirst for increasing FPS.
Who Russified and in what order, this firmware, and also introduced it into the phones sold, is not precisely known, but most likely, something like the described logic worked.

In May THL released two firmware updates - for the Chinese and Americans. When one Russian-speaking online store asked the Russians at the factory, they shrugged in surprise and said, “Well, okay.” After that, hastily slapped in the Russian firmware and issued to the store. Who shared with everyone. On the offside, as was the English-Chinese version, it remained.
Those who wish to resent the quality of service, I will say that we are still lucky. About some THL models were generally cries that the firmware of new batches do not fit the first sales, or in general the new firmware does not come out.
Apparently, THL is today a brand more for China, and for Europeans it is still a semi-brand, or three-quarters brand.

1.2. Why bother?
1) If everything works for you, everything suits you, and there are no problems, then thank God, and the firmware is not needed.
A new firmware can really be needed only if the android changes so much that new and good programs will not run on the old version. It may be years, but there may be months. For example, the recently released new version of Android, which seems to support multiple users on the same device. Accordingly, if you are interested, it may be worth updating.

What other situations are there when you need / can change the firmware?

2) If your firmware has bugs / glitches, and you know that there is a firmware, where everything is fine. Our case is a “pink” camera, well, and FPS, if for you it is.

3) Even if everything works, but an updated official version comes out, you usually want to install it, there is nothing to explain here.

4) In addition to the firmware from THL, which can be considered more or less “official”, there are “doped”, or “sawn through”, or else as, firmware from other sources.

In our case (THL W8), there are only two of them, so I will tell you about them right away.

There is a firmware GravityMod2, and firmware Lewa.
GravityMod is just a name, why I don’t know, but in principle, it’s convenient, you can search on Google, and you’ll immediately find this firmware for our THL W8.
Why "2"? At first there was just GravityMod, then something in it changed significantly, and the author began to call him GravityMod2. This is not a version number, but such an advanced name. Because versions come as 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, and so on. The most recent at the end of May is 1.9. I wonder what the next one will be: -)
You have read the "author" - and this is true. They are released by one person, a foreigner: -). He has a section on the English-speaking forum xda, and there he lays out and discusses this work.
You ask, how does he make them? He takes the official firmware, parses it into details, and makes the desired for him, and the forum readers, improvements. At first, in my opinion, he took the firmware from our W8 as a basis, although I don’t remember 100%, I’m not sure. But lately, he has definitely taken the W1 firmware as a basis.

- What are the improvements and why does it contribute to GravityMod2 compared to the official firmware?
- At first, they just fixed the pink camera and FPS from 30 were freed up to 60. And they made a number of quite minor improvements, such as cleaning the garbage, which manufacturers like to slip, but users do not like at all.
Then the author got into the taste, and into a rage, and unwittingly began to grin the system not childly.
As a result, it is still in the description sounds like “essentially official, with minor erasures and improvements,” but if I read the list of these changes, then I personally even begin to have light fears. It’s one thing really harmless erasures, in the manner of exterminating Google Maps from constantly eating a battery in the background (even when you don’t launch it), and another thing is more serious editing.
Fortunately, the firmware is still closer to a stable operating official, and not to an amateur build.
It should be mentioned that on the xda forum there were many complaints that the firmware was eating a battery, although it could have eaten less thanks to cleaning. And if she does not eat because of these extra FPS, not for nothing that the plant lowered them?
Is it true?
Is not a fact. Perhaps this is a psychological effect, as there are other user opinions. Maybe true. Perhaps the point is not in FPS, but in any author's “improvements”.
In the latest version, 1.9. The author made some improvements to save battery. Again, none of the users noticed a clear effect, so this psychology or reality is unknown.

The question is - isn't it scary that GM2 is built on the basis of a different phone model?
A. - Yes, it bothers me, and some others, too. On the other hand, the plant rivets models according to one pattern, plus the author probably thinks what he is doing, so most likely, everything is ok.

V. is a foreign forum, but what about the Russian?
O. — In a strange way, the peasant fully recognizes and even appreciates the Russian-speaking population, so that when he was hinted, he responsively met, and now everything is fine with the Russian.

By the way, thank you very much to this person, now I do not remember his nickname, but I will need to enter it.

A brief conclusion about the GM2 firmware is almost an official with fixes and additions, primarily a camera, and FPS 30 ->60, in the second with all sorts of trifles that real users like ... although excesses on this path are not excluded.

LEWA firmware.
For us it looks like “Lesha”, or worse, “Lev” ... But the author is not Russian, and not even a Jew, but a Chinese. And not one. I can only guess at the moment, this is a hint of French, or something in Chinese, like Li - Ba.
What is more important is that this firmware is handled by a whole group, and this is generally not only the firmware, but the whole version of Android, sometimes it is even called Lewa OS, that is, the operating system.
It is developed for all phones at once. Who adapts it for THL W8, and whether it adapts it, I don’t know. We have a person on the forum, Kadan, or Ankadnikov, (forgive me if I confuse something), who Russifies her, and finishes it in trifles that do not affect the basics.

What can I say about this firmware to an amateur who has never seen her, only read forums and articles about her?

Well, it differs from the official significantly, and design, and features. And at the origins of this redesign are the interests of Chinese users, in the first place. Some people like the results more, some less.
In any case, by and large, any shell does the same thing - ensures the operation of the phone, programs, communications. But menus, buttons, and so on. various...

Objectively, about Lewa OS there are a lot more references about glitches and problems.
But not the fact that it really speaks of its problematic.
Perhaps, its users simply like to climb somewhere deep, or try to do something unconventional. Or just its users more, or they often write to the forum.
I must say that some people like everything and everything works perfectly.
There are mentions that this firmware is more economical in terms of battery, although there are a couple of objections.

A brief conclusion about the firmware - it is very different in design. It comes from a seriously different version of Android, and is less polished when transferred to our phone, which is potentially fraught with errors. On the other hand, it seems that the results are collected for him, and not for the neighboring model, which should be encouraging.

So, we learned about two alternative firmware, they are also called "custom", that is, custom. And I mentioned the factory, or "official" ones, which are often official, like, and brand, brand.

Returning to the question, why change the firmware, except to fix something that does not work? ..
The question is important, because how is it connected with which firmware to choose, and is it supposed to be stitched at all?

In my, so far, amateurish, view, everything that concerns design, can be fixed with a program shell. I put myself a Go-launcher and brought beauty such that I do not care what kind of firmware is down there.

Why doesn't everyone do that, and they try to push the shell into the firmware, and not put it on top?

- Probably, it is assumed that the less extra programs cost, and the faster everything is done right away, the more battery, memory, speed, and so on.
In general, it is more or less true, but let's not: -) without fanaticism:

On the other hand, if you put the shell on top, then there is more flexibility, it is easier to change something.

Concluding the conversation about the reasons that prompted to change the firmware, I will mention that it does not always help. At the forum I met messages on the verge of “my connector broke”, what should I flash to make it work? Well, I'm exaggerating, but if you insert the word "microphone" instead of the connector, it will be true. Maybe it still made sense for pure unnamed Chinese phones, but for our more than half a brand, the problems are usually typical, not piece.

I hope that the topic of reasons is revealed, a couple of words about the firmware itself.

I have described two custom ones, they are regularly updated and they always have the latest version, which they install.
The official has the usual March firmware with a pink camera, the earlier people are lost. In May, the Anglo-Chinese firmware appeared on the official website, and at the end of May with the help of an online store - “official” with Russian for 05/10/13.

Here it is worth mentioning that there is a THL W8 with 4, 8, 16 Gig memory, and another THL W8 + with an HD screen.

This firmware, 05/10/13, is for version 4Gig., But it is also perfect for 8 (tested), and probably for 16.

Firmware for W8 + from 05/15/13 - it is for 8Gig. Immediately, and so far it does not rise on W8. In addition, in my opinion, on 4Gig. She does not get up, although I'm not sure that there are such W8 + to 4 Gig.

So, do I need to change the firmware? Possible reasons I stated to you above. You can add another desire to have sex or to quench any itch.

Speaking of personal experience - I played enough with this kind of studies even on a satellite receiver and a smart past. Therefore, I was personally interested in the flashing by the pink camera (in general I bought THL for the sake of the camera), as well as RTH questions, which I will write below. I simply became interested in RTH for certain reasons, but since practical issues are connected, I had to understand everything at once.

Since I am probably not the only one, in the next chapter I will write about RTH, and then only about what to do in practice.
Chapter 2. What is RTH, and why is it needed?

RTH, as everyone understands, is a deeper access to the system and greater rights.
But what does this mean in practice?

In Android, in general terms, “rights” means the following. Each launched program has certain permissions, how much memory and other phone chips it can use, and on top of this it does not have a tolerance. It seems to be good, it turns out, one program can not spoil the others. Each of the programs communicates only with the system, but not among themselves.
At the same time, we, that is, humanoids, are considered as another program, and we are also given the right to communicate only with the system. Well, still decide which program to put, and what not. But a lot of what programs do is impossible to control.

If Android were strongly included in the interests of the user, everything would be nothing. For example, last years we had smartphones-phones in which the operating system was also completely inaccessible to users, but at the same time it tried to please the users as much as possible, and did everything it could with its memory and capacity. After all, it was paid by buyers, and manufacturers spent part of the income received on it.
The situation with Android is completely different. It is developed by Google, and it is paid for through advertising, one way or another. Therefore, he is far from being 100% motivated in the interests of users, but constantly there is something quietly rustling around, collecting our data, or vtyuhivaya advertising. Many programs for him do the same. If anyone is interested, there are articles on this topic, this is not an exaggeration, although not the end of the world.
Therefore, a number of situations arise where we, the users, are no longer satisfied with our limited capabilities.
I will not list everything, and so the article is already big. I will name those that I personally encountered.

1. Some completely "left" programs are placed in autoload and then hang in memory.

- Yes, the Android device in terms of memory is a separate topic. In short, it is normal for him that programs do not close entirely, but hang in memory.
But! We are talking about programs that are called from time to time.
If it’s just a toy, I don’t see at the point of view for what it should start at startup, and then hang in my memory, even when I hadn’t started its month. Since there is nothing useful for me in this, especially when there are 20 such programs, naturally, I want to nail them in the bud.
But rights are not enough for this, programs that are able to curb these impudent people require this very root.

2. There is a so-called "firewall" - when a special program watches other programs, so that they do not climb without demand on the Internet, because who knows their intentions?
So, any firewall also requires a root.

True, here I somehow did not suffer so much ... I survived the first Android shock when I found out that it was impossible to curb the beast, and it climbs the Internet constantly, anyway. And I found the only way that works - just constantly chopping off Internet access through a mobile connection. Include only when necessary. Well, let him climb on wifi, Windows too just now lives on the Internet - you start to get used to it.

3. The third important factor is connected just with the firmware.
When a new official appeared with a corrected camera and a Russian, I realized that it was time to flash.

And the question arose, what will happen to the data? Well, phones, skype, and everyones are synchronized through Google, but what about toys that have been passed through months of irregular work to level 91?
Like - some firmware save user data. But alas, as far as I learned the reality, you need to make a backup, that is, save the program data separately, and then restore it after reflashing.
So, these programs are hidden in the system (remember - communication is a program-system, the user is sideways). And for the work of backup programs need elevated rights.

4. I listed my reasons for interest in the root, of which the most significant are 1st and 3rd. In practice, there may be some other situations where you need to get deeper into the system than is permitted by the standard, but for now let's not talk about it.

The question that I was hanging on the root, and probably excites many -
How dangerous is it?

How vulnerable will the system be to such hacking, and how unstable can it become due to this modification?

I had a fear that the appearance of the possibility of unlimited or increased access would deprive the system of reliability and security. Suddenly any malicious or illiterately written program does harm? And it will be difficult to track and even more fix?

- In practice, it turned out not so bad.

A special program, called “Superuser”, is introduced into the system, and it becomes part of the system. As part of the system, it can already monitor what all other programs are doing and control it. In detail, she certainly does not sink: -) But! If any program wants special rights, and access to a closed zone, it asks for “Superuser”. And we, personally (!) Can resolve - or not.
If we do not give permission, the program will work as usual, and it will not do more harm than usual: -) If we trust the program, for example, it is a deserved backup, or an honorable killer of harmful android startups - we give it the necessary rights, and then so it will unfold as needed.

Thus, the "root" is not a scrapping of everything, and every kind of security on a smart, but only the introduction of one program - the superuser. With it, we can do what was listed above.

Q. Who writes these superuser programs?
A. First, burning with enthusiasm, and then free specialists trying to earn: -) Free commercial programs. That is, the free version does the main thing, and the paid version - for the excesses. Thus, the update is not guaranteed ... But probably. Good quality. Lack of harm is controlled only by the community, but in practice everything seems to be in order. Many understand, and follow - how, and that.
At the moment, there are only two programs running. One is called “Superuser”, the second is SuperuserSU, or something like that.

Q. If the system is protected from deployment, how is this superuser still being implemented?
A. Do not implement a working system, and that is good. For the implementation, you need to somehow collect the full program code of the Android, which will be additionally inserted into this program. And already run this code with the implemented program as a normal system.

Q. And how is this implementation and assembly done?
A. There are two main ways - to assemble the whole system from a block on a computer, and then physically pour it into the phone, instead of the previous system.
- Either use the method of installing patches provided by the manufacturer, which are also being introduced into the system, and instead of the patch, stick this program. It is worth mentioning that the manufacturer is usually not a fool in this sense, and allows you to put only your own patches. Therefore, it is necessary first to pour in the patch installation unit in the first way, - according to the manufacturer’s sample, but without checking it.

[u]
Chapter 3. How are the firmware (firmware structure) and the introduction of the superuser (routing). [/ u]

3.1. The structure of the firmware.
In general, everything is simple.
There is:
Primary loader (preloader). He wakes up the very first when we press the power button, and shoves all other programs so that they wake up and install themselves in the phone. Naturally, if you break it somehow, it will not work at all.
Actually the system. It consists of a series of blocks / modules, but in the first approximation it does not matter to us.
Memory allocated to the user. In the firmware, it may be empty, or there may already be several programs for you that can be removed. (If you somehow make a global phone memory saver, your data will be here, so don’t let anyone go along with the data).
And there is one block inside the system, which needs to be specifically mentioned - this is the “recovery” (recovery) block. This is the special module of the manufacturer, which I mentioned just above. It allows you to inject patches into the system or save / restore the entire system.

So, based on this structure, how to install the firmware?

Theoretically, one could take advantage of this block, the “recovery”. After all, it can both save and restore the entire firmware entirely. So, if he shoved the correct firmware, a new one, and saved by the same recovery on another phone, he would restore it as a “backup”, overwriting himself and all the memory completely.

Is this theory applied in practice? Not always, but in some cases yes.

But there is a nuance. As I wrote above, the manufacturer in his recovery makes a check in order to put only his patches, checked and somehow signed with a digital signature and stamp: -)
And our specific THL does not release new firmware for installation in this way (which is a pity, since it is convenient).
I am silent, that if we are not in China, it looks like we will never wait for the work of that cherished function - checking and updating the firmware on the Internet (perhaps you already found this in your settings).
So, if the firmware is custom, it will not pass the test, and if it is official, it is still not sharpened by factory recovery.

It turns out, in any case, at a minimum, we need to replace the recovery with a more flexible one through a computer, and then we can sew through it with whatever we want. Or sew through the computer everything from zero to the top.

Q. Is this operation dangerous, replacing factory recovery with your own?
A. Fortunately, everything is simple. This is a separate memory area, and there is a separate module sitting there. It can be changed arbitrarily at any time, back and forth, or removed altogether. The main thing is still to clarify the suitability of the module that you install.
As in the case of the program superuser, there are two common modules. The first, generally mass, is called CWM recovery, and the second, more recent and more advanced is TWRP.

CWM wrote either the man who GravityMod2 writes, or the one who made the program for the computer for deep processing of MTK devices (this is the processor-platform of our THL). The program MTK-Droid-Tools, and we still need it (you probably already saw it in the header and subject).

TWRP was done recently due to the fact that CWM is too primitive - there is control of the buttons, and even the touch does not work (and what do you want from the firmware that sits in its tiny memory area). Someone decided to show a class, and managed to squeeze support for screen taps into the designated area and maybe something else. True, this recovery did not fit into one of the custom firmwares, so you need to follow the instructions. It is possible in this case to insert it, only then - the penultimate version, which has not yet swelled. About this in the cap there.

CWM is less than pontovaya, but it needs to be used once or twice, so I somehow felt good with it.

So, I finished describing the structure of the memory / firmware.
I hope by this moment you have learned:

The firmware is something that is stitched up in an adult way, you just won't install it, and then you won't get it, and then it sits in the phone and does everything.

Preloader is a firmware that starts loading the rest, and it is better that it work: -)

Recovery is a special code that sits in a dedicated memory block and allows the smartphone to save or restore the firmware, as well as inject the patch. If the preloader is factory-made, then it will only implement factory patches. But THL-Europe does not exist.

CWM and TWRP - alternative recovery, not proud, obediently put everything you ask. They can be entered instead of the factory, and it is almost always safe. (The main thing is to stay within the allocated memory, and this will give you instructions and tips). CWM is simpler, smaller, and therefore slightly omnivorous. TWRP pontoe if it gets up.

Ruth - in fact, this is the introduction of a special superuser program that will ask you whether to give access to the system area to any program that it wants. It will refuse if you keep silent.

Superuser, SuperuserSU - two superuser programs. The first is more deserved, the second is more pontovaya.

Android - a step into the future, plus the necessary evil

Chapter 4. Firmware / root programs, how to flash (general instructions).

4.1. Programs and drivers for firmware.
I think we understand the task well - pour the program code into the very inside of the phone. And this is not a program for the program, it is in the very core.
How to do it?

Fortunately, the manufacturers understood well that it would have to be done, more than once, both at the factory and later, and provided for everything that was needed.

Who are the manufacturers, in this case? Guessing whether or not you are MTK, which actually riveted these super processors and platforms that are both cheap, reliable and productive, which both Chinese smartphones and we felt: -)

MTK has built into its platform the ability to connect to a computer (laptop) and upload any firmware right into the bowels of the phone using a standard USB cable. Naturally, the phone is turned off, and through the MTK chip you can pour anything into it. It is also clear that the phone is completely vulnerable and depends only on your intelligence and humanity.

So, in order to directly upload the program code (firmware, or part of it) to the switched off phone, with the blessing of MTK, we need:

Patient himself
USB cable - microUSB, usually included (charging)
Laptop / Desktop
The program from the company MTK to perform the operation.
Drivers.

This program from MTK is called FlashTool. Yes, yes, that rare case when the tool for such serious operations was done not by free specialists, but by the company itself.
True, I could not find the official website with this program. They are either ashamed, or they are protecting from inept pens: -) But it is distributed online, and there is a hat in our topic.

And what does this program do? Yes, that's the thing, just pours the code into the phone, whether he wants to or not.
By the way, she can also perform the reverse operation - that is, from a sleeping (turned off) body completely remove all the contents of his brain. Well, that is, more likely to count than delete.
Hopefully, FlashTool now also understands everything.

I mentioned the driver. Naturally, this is also the driver from MTK, and they also go in some kind of unimportant form. But nonetheless :--).
These drivers are needed, of course, for the computer.
If you plug the switched off phone into the computer, via USB, and remove the battery, Windows will guess that MTK is sleeping on the wire and he longs for his brain to rummage. (or the owner thirsts for it).
Windows frantically twitches to look for the right drivers to find a common language with MTK chips. But MTC, as we understood, is a company a bit like a thing in itself. - While others are sitting on the forums, they quietly rivet new cool processors ... - So they don’t rush to supply Microsoft with signed drivers.
Vinda, phlegmatic, also does not suffer from this ...

Due to this dramatic situation, Winda herself not only will not find us a driver, but can even spit on this matter and stop even soaring about it. If this happens, she will simply start to ignore our dormant, smart brain thirsty brain surgery.

In order to still establish this communication, and prepare for the procedure of filling or reading, you need to have MTK drivers ready, that is, unpacked on a computer.

By the way, they are called something else, even I met a couple of options. So as not to be mistaken - there are still Googlov drivers for Android, so to speak. They are used when the body is on. We will need in most cases those and others, so download two packages and unpack it on a laptop. There are only two of them, so it's difficult to make a mistake.

Yes, MTK drivers are available for different phones and platforms, it is important for us that our platform / process is answered, that is, MTK6589.

So, we have prepared drivers on the laptop, you can make subfolders for two driver packages in one folder.

When the phone was turned off, they hooked up, distorted the battery for 10 seconds (in some phones it is not necessary, but on the THL W8 usually requires). Winda croaks that she found a new device. Running into the control panel, where the device manager (if you can’t, master it, it's easy), we see a new device with an exclamation mark (that is, without a driver). We go to its properties, and slip the driver from our folder (it can be the top one, it will figure it out). Drivers, when they get up, will be designated as MTC. And the computer after that will see the brains of the beast, read and write with the help of FlashTools.

If you did not have time, and Winda hammered on this chip, again distort the battery, and while it is still experiencing in the device manager, that the device is there, but there is no driver - tell me here.

Now, I hope, with FlashTools, MTC and the whole operation, the logic is clear.

Regarding the second, Google drivers. They are also needed. For something. If you just connect the phone, turned on, through the cable to the laptop, Windows sees in it 5 pieces of different devices, a USB flash drive there, and something else. And 4 of them she understands, and puts the driver itself. But the fifth is not clear to her, and our “daytime” drivers will be useful here. That is, the drivers from the “for the included body” header, which in practice turned out to be Android-Google, and even certified. So worry about them is nothing.
What they are responsible for is not exactly tracked, perhaps for access to the phone’s memory (not the flash drive that is inserted).
Installed when Windows detects the device, requires a driver, and in the controller someone will be there with a question mark. (Before all this, look at your task manager. Sometimes there is something permanently hanging with a yellow sign, so remember, so as not to confuse later, where to slip the driver).

And more (about programs).

In addition to the two driver packages and the FlashTools program from MTK, sometimes the MTK-Droid-Tuls program is needed. This is a utility that Man has riveted with xda, a forum where all sorts of androids are seriously hanging out, and not only, specialists. First, he made a script for his work, then expanded it to such a cool program, which can do a lot with MTK chips. In my opinion, this is the same person that CWM-recovery organized, remember more?

The program can do a lot, there are instructions, more in English ...

But we, for ThL W8, most likely need two functions. Or even one.

One - helps to introduce the superuser (get root). At the end of May, we are the only one able to push the latest official firmware. (in others it is possible otherwise).

And the second - if we want to make a super-duper mega save the state of your phone before starting all operations with it, then this method is described on the forum, and this program is used in it.

That's all about the software part.

I will remind you!

Flushtools - a program from the chip manufacturer that reads or floods everything.

MtcDroidTools is a program from specialists, sometimes it is necessary for a root or megabackup of the whole source on the body, up to all operations.

MTK drivers, nightly under different names - for the body turned off, deep reading and pouring, distort the battery for the reaction of the computer.

Google drivers, daytime (for the included body) - sometimes useful, the computer will request when necessary.

4.2. How to actually flash and rut?
4.2.1. Stitch.
Here, choose one of the two custom firmwares, or one of the official (rather, it is logical 10.05.13, with Russian, or maybe later it will appear). It is desirable that according to the initial data it was clear that it is suitable for your phone!

- First, that you have THL W8, and firmware for THL W8! Even if W8 +, then already for W8 +.
- Secondly, what is suitable memory. Version for 4GB. sewn on a larger size, but not vice versa. For all cases here I can not vouch, it is better to delve into each firmware. Just wrote that 05/10/13, which is for 4GB. directly goes to 8GB. (I asked myself).

- If you just want to flash the official, you can take the nightly (for MTK, that is, the body turned off) drivers plus FlashTools and just flash it according to the instructions. The block from the recovery can be inserted or not inserted - this is an independent operation. You can do it separately, but you can do it on the way.

As for the Preloader (that is, the primary bootloader) when flashing through FlashTools.

Logically (attention, in practice, not so!) In each official firmware there is a preloader, as part of the firmware. It is also on the firmware that we originally had, that is, directly in the working phone (otherwise nothing would have worked). Accordingly, he MUST BE in the March firmware in the cap and in the May firmware. Moreover, FlashTulsa shows that it really is there. However, people say that when flashing the May official along with the preloader, the body falls asleep for good, and no longer shows any signs of life.

And since the Preloader (like Recovery) is just a separate unit, it’s better to leave the one that works and everything will be OK. (this practice would not work, with a significant change in the version of the android, but in this case they are close, so the preloaders are compatible).

Is the preloader from the May firmware in the cap valid? I can not understand. It seems to be working, but the topic mentions stories about the fall of the body, which was then restored using a preloader from another phone in general.
I think it’s not so important to find out about its suitability / worthlessness, especially since now there is enough information for you. The main thing is that everything works. And therefore for the time being it is better when in our councils they say “uncheck a preloader” - remove and leave working.

There is some kind of official instruction for flashing with FlashTools, and there it is written to flash everything. But they did not know about our situation, when the preloader of the new firmware for the mysterious reason does not want to work.

- If you want to flash a custom firmware, Lev, or GravityMod2, follow the appropriate instructions for them, you already know all the concepts.

More comments on the firmware!

- Firmware untethered from the factory Recovery, that is, CWM or TWRP, can be a separate procedure, or be part of the instructions for rooting or something else. (aha, I already wrote this - I reread)

- In the case of self-rooting of your original firmware data is not lost. If you have a March, "pink" firmware, the process looks like this -

with the help of FlashTools you embed the Recovery unit, this also doesn’t change anything on the phone, only now you can patch anything: -)
With the help of the installed Recovery, put a patch with the superposer program. Patch good people have prepared so that it is embedded where necessary. Voila!

In principle, after that, everything is as before, but some serious programs will ask for superuser rights, and you can give them, or not give them through a special program SuperUser.

- If you install custom firmware, Lewa, or GravityMod2, they have a Super User with the rights already built in (that is, the root).

IMPORTANT!!! (about backup):
When installing a new firmware in most cases, your programs and data will remain horns and legs. That is nothing. Although user data occupy a separate block, and it seems that it would be possible to save these areas and change only the firmware. (So ​​sometimes, if you upgrade Bios - the data was saved). But in practice it is rare, because the structure may change.
Therefore, either you will have to reinstall all the programs again after the firmware, or make a backup of all your programs along with the data.

Backup is done by any serious program of such a profile with root. There is one program that seems to work without root, but how it can do it if there is no access is a mystery to many.

So take Titanium, or GO-backup, or even something simpler. Give the program superuser rights, and save all user programs along with the data. As for system programs, I doubt it - the system will be different ... so it's best to do all the system settings again.

Q. How reliable and accurate is this backup and restore?
A. I have little experience, but not 100%. Rather, somewhere 95-99%. Two defects out of 70 programs have so far been discovered - data on the levels passed disappeared in one toy, and OperaLabs stopped loading. The rest is in order, unless the widgets are still flying, you need to put it on the tables again. The rights to GoLauncher purchased by GetJar for free are also preserved.

There is still a nuance concerning telephone data. It is clear that contacts, or mail, and so are synchronized by Google. But if you need sms-ki and perfect calls then:

It is better to save them as separate data, that is, as if as export. Some programs do just that. But Titanium, for example, also saves them as part of a system, several system files. And at the same time, the instruction kindly reports that the probability of their successful recovery when changing the version of the system tends to zero.
Therefore, for safety it is better to save them as a separate procedure in separate files. In the same Titanium there is a separate function for this.

At the same time, you can also save contacts, just in case. I was afraid of the scenario that when the GoogleServer bundle - the Smartphone detects that the contacts on the smart have disappeared and will remove them on the server, instead of backfilling. In my case, however, everything went well.

1. Regarding the preservation of the initial state of all before the start of all procedures.
On this account on the forum there is a detailed instruction, difficult, but doable, I did. Is it necessary in the case of standard THL? Not sure, but as the author reasonably noted, what if you have just some non-standard copy?
The instructions do not indicate what to do with this, what we saved (that is, how to recover later). But there it is simple, similar to FlashTool firmware.

2. Is it possible to do this from the original phone more easily with the help of factory recovery / backup?
- You can do it yourself, just in case. And they say that this is a full backup, from the preloader (which in this case really works) to the top. But I’m not completely sure here, why then this hemo ... a difficult way from item 1?

3. Actually I wanted to write at the end, and this is off topic. But I am writing with the help of office.org. and how are his constant corrections for capital letters or table numbering getting in the way !!!

4. A Scatter file is often featured in working with Flashstools. Nothing complicated, it is the layout of the entire memory of the phone, where are the blocks, where is the recovery, where is the preloader, where is the system and smaller ones.
The recovery file is so autonomous that it is often necessary to specify it manually.

5. Most of the work with the firmware you need to put a tick in the phone settings - developer mode - debugging via USB.
To connect the laptop. via USB to access files, perhaps, on the contrary, this checkbox should be removed.

6. How to run the recovery mode on the phone?
- Although the factory, even your own - the same. If we are talking about THL, and this is true for many others.
Turn off the phone. Wait for 10 seconds just in case, he sometimes experiences something else after turning off, and then mutters that he is ready (vibrate once).
Press simultaneously on the phone off the volume up and off button, and hold tight! The phone feels that things are bad and will try to fool you. He can pretend that you missed, and he turns on. A splash screen appears, and so on. Do not get fooled and do not believe, continue to keep. If you convincingly demonstrate your intention, the phone will surrender to you, and will give the most secret - that is, the recovery.
(By the way, if you press the volume down and the power button, you can get into the Chinese recovery. It is super, of course, can do tests, but if you don’t know Chinese, you can hardly use it).

Thank you for creating this FAQ:DmitrijW
Drivers and Utilities
Program for firmware and backup: here

����� Flash Tools: download

here
Drivers: MT6589 drivers - Do not forget to include: "USB FLASH" in the phone !!!

WAY OF INSTALLING DRIVERS FOR Windows8 (x64): here
IF ADB-driver DO NOT STAND STANDARD read: here

Drivers for included body: ADB driver or take here: ADB + Ruth - PUT MANUALLY IF A DEVICE IS NOT DETERMINED IN THE CONTROLLER - MTK65xx Android Phone
Official firmware
Before sewing official firmware: look

Official firmware 4.2.1 from 20130510: ThL_W8.JB2.HD.EN.COM.8P32_MT6589V1.0.4 - RU
Official firmware 4.2.1 from 20130510 under the recovery with root download: here (ATP AtlonX2)
Official firmware 4.2.1 from 20130601: ThL_W8.JB 2.HD.EN.COM.8P 32_MT6589V1.0. 5 - RU
Official firmware 4.2.1 from 20130606 under the recovery download: here - for phones with 16Gb !!!
Official firmware 4.2.1 from 20130807: ThL_W8.JB2.HD.EN.COM.8P32_MT6589V1.0.6 - RU (ATP Snegovik)
Unofficial firmware
POST ROMN ThL: here
Custom firmware - Gravitymod2
PURSE GravityMod2 SHOULD:
1. Flash modRecovery in the USB flash drive.
2. Copy the full update GravityMod2 1.5 and update 1.6-2.6 to your phone.
3. Go to modRecovery and do Wipe (Factory Reset, Wape Cache).
4. Install: complete update GravityMod2 1.5
5. Install updates: GravityMod2 1.6-2.6 consistently at the end to make a general overload !!!

Full update to 1.5 (flash through flashlight or recovery):
THL W8 (4GB / 8GB):Flash toolorRecovery
Features of the GravitiMod2 firmware read: here

UPDATE:
All in one archive 1.5-2.6: here

FULL PACK GravityMod2 2.6 (Includes all updates coming out earlier !!!) - for Flash Tool: here
Update GravityMod2 3.0 download: from here
Update GravityMod2 3.2 download: from here
Custom firmware - LewaOS (from ankadnikov)
PUSH LewaOS SHOULD:
1. Flash modRecovery in the USB flash drive.
2. Copy: LewaOS v4 and update LewaOS v5 in the phone's memory.
3. Go to modRecovery and do Wipe (Factory Reset, Wape Cache).
4. Install: LewaOS v4, reboot, update: LewaOS v5.

Lewa OS Description: here
Setting the display of photos when calling we look: here
General information about LewaOS: we read

1. Russified LewaOS v1 from 20130428:from here- original version, ATP(ankadnikov)
2. Update Russified LewaOS v2 from 20130482:from here- THX(ankadnikov)
3. Update LewaOS v3 on the basis of the official from 130508:from here
4. Update LewaOS v4 on the basis of the official from 130511:from here
This is what the interface will look like:appearance
5. Update LewaOS v5 on the basis of the official from 130511:from here

1. FirmwareLewa OS (4.2.1)port fromdmi22
2. LEWA 05/13/10.Version 10.05.2013(port dmi22 firmware for ZP950 + from ViNNNtalik)
Custom firmware - MIUI
MIUI swing: here
Appearance look: here and here
New MIUI v5 translated into Russian(ATP Pante59): swing
SOLUTION OF PROBLEMS AND WISHES: here
Custom ROM - Galaxy S4 (from Paola)
We look at the firmware and its changes: here
Appearance: here
We download the firmware itself: from here
Modified dialer in the style of Samsung S4: swing
Update Galaxy S4 1.7 download: from here
Update Galaxy S4 1.8 download: from here
Update Galaxy S4 2.0 download: from here
Update Galaxy S4 2.1 download: from here
Update Galaxy S4 3.0 download: from here
Update Galaxy S4 3.0.1 download: from here
Custom firmware MIUI v5 OTA enabled (from shornik15)
Take: here About MIUI we read: here
Topics for MIUI: here
Configuring WSM Tools and Mi-Tools in MIUI: here
OTA updates: here
Setting the weather widget: look
Increase internal memory in MIUI: look
Mini FAQ MIUI: look
Mod of. firmware and firmware port NewLife, Lewa v5, ColorOS (from Akula1963)
ThLW8 (Mod Akula 2013.09.10): option under FleshTool:here and under recovery: here
NewLife910: here
Lewa v5: here New build: here
ColorOS: screenshots and the firmware itself: here
Custom firmware port PROJECT DODGE (from STEIMANN)
The firmware itself: here
Skins and firmware details: here
Custom firmware portColor oc Performance Project(from MaximCSKA)
Appearance and firmware itself: here
Root & Recovery
Recovery CWR - normal CWR
recovery (TWRP_720x1280)- for drain with touchscreen support
recovery (TWRP_720x1280)
- for GM2 with touchscreen support
TWRP Recovery- for stock official firmware from 20130510
Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed- root of law
TWRP 2.6.3.0 UPDATED- new TWRP recovery

How to properly use TWRP recovery read: here
WAY OF OBTAINING AUTHOR: (we unpack archive, we connect the device to the computer, we start run.bat , the script will do everything. Do not forget to install the driver and enable USB debugging in the body settings !!!): here
The program for obtaining root rights in one click: swing

Program for root, backup and create recovery on MT65 **: MtkDroidTools
Complete instructions for obtaining ROOT with TWRP Recovery: we read here
Instructions for firmware !!!
ALWAYS REMOVE THE GALLOW WITH A PRELOADER WHILE BROUGHT TO DON'T GET THE BRICK !!!

DO NOT PRESS THE Firmware Update BUTTON WHILE FIRMWARE GravitiMod2 Flash Tool NEVER !!!

INSTRUCTIONS FOR CREATING A FULL BACKUP OF FIRMWARE AND DATA ON THE DEVICE, IT IS RECOMMENDED TO MAKE BEFORE FIRMWARE: here

FOR THOSE WHO, FOR THE FIRST TIME, DECIDED TO PASS BELOW: here

Driver installation:
1. Turn off the body.
2. Open:"Device Manager on PC" (Win + R ->hdwwiz.cpl ->enter).
3. We stick the switched off body into the PC.
4. The device manager is updated, an unidentified device appears in it - right-click on it, select:"Update Driver" .
5. Next, choose:"Install driver from specified location"
6. Choose from the specified location - the folder with the unpacked driver, put a check:"Consider subdirectories"
7. Click next - the driver is set!
8. Disconnect the body from the PC, do not turn it on yet.

Official firmware (instruction): look here , and here or lower.
1. Unpack the stock firmware for the USB flash drive from the archiveThL_W8.JB2.HD.EN.COM.8P32_MT6589V1.0.4_20130510.
2. Run the Flashtool program (Flash_Tool.exe).
3. In it we press:Scatter Loading
4. In the file selection dialog, we find the folder with the unpacked firmware and select the scatter file from this folder.
5. Remove the daw in flash tule from the linePRELOADER (MANDATORY !!!)
6. Click:Download (blue arrow) - BODY IS NOT CONNECTED ELSE!
7. We connect the switched off phone (previously we pull the battery in it (we take out and we insert).
8. The installation process will begin (the red line will run through first, and then the body firmware will go - the yellow line). If there is no reaction, then remove and re-insert the micro USB cable into the phone.
9. We are waiting for a window with a green ring. After it you can close the flash tool.
10. Turn on the phone and wait for it to load (the first inclusion is long).

Installing moderation:
1. Run the Flashtool program (Flash_Tool.exe) from the unzipped folder from the moderation.
2. In it we press:Scatter Loading
3. In the file selection dialog we find the folder where the recovery was unpacked, select the only scatter file:from here
4. Remove the jackdaws in flash tule from all over, coma Recovery.
5. Click:Download (blue arrow) - BODY NOT CONNECTED ELSE!
6. Connect the switched off phone.
There is progress, installation.
7. We are waiting for the window with the green ring. After it you can close the flash tool.

Gravity Mod 2 Firmware:
Who does not understand the written below read: here
1. Load the body in recovery - Vol + and Power. Navigate between menu items with the volume keys, select an item with the Power key, back - the back button is touch sensitive (or if touchscreen recovery is a regular tap).
2. Connect the body to the PC.
3. Go to the menu Mounts and Storage, select Mount USB Storage.
4. We upload the firmware file 1.5 and the updates 1.6-1.9.
5. Click Unmount
Wipes: We press Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
6. In the recovery, select - Install zip from SD card.
7. Find the file with firmware 1.5
8. Click on it.
9. We are waiting. After the end of the firmware, click "Advanced ->Reboot recovery ".
10. Go back to the recovery - Vol + and Power.
11. Click Install zip from sd card.
12. Choose our archive with updates 1.6-1.9.
13. Install.

Now select Reboot system now.
Everything, the firmware is installed !!!

LewaOS firmware:
1. Load the body in recovery - Vol + and Power. Navigate between menu items with the volume keys, select an item with the Power key, back - the back button is touch sensitive (or if touchscreen recovery is a regular tap).
2. Connect the body to the PC.
3. Go to the menu Mounts and Storage, select Mount USB Storage.
4. Drop the LewaOS v4 firmware file and LewaOS v5 update
5. Click Unmount
Wipes: We press Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
6. In the recovery, select - Install zip from SD card.
7. Find the file with the firmware LewaOS v4
8. Click on it.
9. We are waiting. After the end of the firmware, click "Advanced ->Reboot recovery ".
10. Go back to the recovery - Vol + and Power.
11. Click Install zip from sd card.
12. Choose our archive with the update LewaOS v5
13. Install.

Now select Reboot system now.
Everything, the firmware is installed !!!

FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T REMOVE THE GALK WITH PRELOADER, RESTORE THE BRICK, readhereEither way below !!!

Unpack, flash through the flash tool without removing the jackdaw, take: from here (ATP shornik15) or method:
from here (ATP meverik_sv)
Useful tips
History of changes caps
- issued a separate spoiler for Gravitybox;
- added instructions for the official firmware;
- method of getting the autorun;
- added a full pack GravityMod2 2 2.6;
- added a custom ROM Galaxy S4;
- update GravityMod2 3.0-3.2;
- added port LewaOS from Pante59;
- added Galaxy S4 1.6.5 update;
- added of. firmware 4.2.1 from 20130606;
- added update Galaxy S4 1.7;
- added how to use TWRP;
- added of. firmware for phones with 16Gb;
- added update Galaxy S4 1.8;
- added a link to custom ROM ThL;
- added update Galaxy S4 2.0;
- added translated MIUI v5 from Pante59;
- added a modified dialer in the style of Samsung S4;
- added useful tips: "how to change the name of the operator";
- added update Galaxy S4 3.0;
- added updates to LewaOS and MIUI;
- added Newlife firmware port;
- Added MIUI v5 with updates by air;
- added PROJECT DODGE firmware port;
- added a new TWRP recovery;
- added new flash tools;
- added KeleUI firmware (from shornik15);

FROM THE FORUM RULES:
If a forum member gave you good advice that helped you solve your problem, do not post a message with the text “Thank you! You are super!!!". On our forum, it is customary to express gratitude by raising the reputation of a particular participant.
The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button.

LEARN THE TELEPHONE WAKE UP ON THE HOME BUTTON (DOES NOT WORK !!!) read: here

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH AN APPROACH SENSOR DURING A CALL:
- probably it does not tupit, but the dialer itself (you can advise to put the Android Sensor Box and check its work);
- in the phone setting option:Special abilitieschoose:The power button ends the call!;

- Remove the shipping film from your phone if available!

Guidelines for improving GPS performance at MTC
Change the MAC address on the phone

Dear forum users! Everything that you do - at your own peril and risk!
The authors of the manuals are not responsible for the inept actions of the owners!

BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION READ THE TOPIC, SHAPE OR USE A SEARCH !!!

All questions about the cap and its addition, write to me in
QMS!

Post has been editedNikoz47 - 25.01.15, 03:56
Reason for editing: correction
ankadnikov
Message#2
14.04.13, 22:22
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 351
Check in: 06.07.12

TWRP Touchscreen Recovery

Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image

Advantages over raw CWM, which was laid out earlier:
- sees and works with internal and external flash drives
- USB Mount works
- can save applications installed on a USB flash drive
- touchscreen, terminal, FileManager, etc.

Attention! TWRP does not understand the backups created in CWM. We'll have to re-create.

Installation
Recovery is stitched using SP FlashTool.
1. Open the scatter from your firmware (if there is no firmware, you can create a scatter using MtkDroidTools)
2. Remove checkmarks from all items except RECOVERY
3. Click on the RECOVERY item and select the file "recovery (TWRP_720x1280) .img" for flashing to the phone
4. Fill everything in the phone via the Download button
5. Turn on the phone at the same time holding the Power and Volume + buttons and wait for the installed recovery to load
If everything went well, you can immediately make a full backup without leaving the recovery

Attached filerecovery (TWRP_THL_W8_720x1280) .rar(5.98 MB)

Post has been editedankadnikov - 14.04.13, 22:30

--------------------
ankadnikov
Message#3
14.04.13, 22:45
Local
[offline]

Messages 351

BOOT with adb root support

Patched default.prop and adbd. Now adb is immediately connected in superuser mode.
Useful for developers and those who simply use adb often, and also have a permanent Root Shell when connecting MtkDroidTools.
Installed using SP FlashTool (flash only the BOOT partition).

Attached fileboot (adbd_root) .rar(4.44 MB)

--------------------
ankadnikov
Message#4
14.04.13, 22:57
Local
[offline]

Messages 351

A patch that fixes an error in the date-time settings

The patch fixes the crash of the settings program when you try to enter the "Date and time" item.
In addition to the corrected error, the date format "Sunday, April 7, 2013" has been added (it looks nice on Lockscreen, however, please note that it will be used in other places where it does not belong).
The patch is installed through the recovery.

Attached fileDateTimeSettings_update.zip(4.46 MB)

--------------------
ankadnikov
Message#5
15.04.13, 12:32
Local
[offline]

Messages 351

Learning the phone to wake up on the home button

1. Go to the folder / system / usr / keylauout
2. open the file mtk-kpd.kl and look for the line "key 102 HOME"
3. after HOME add the word WAKE, get "key 102 HOME WAKE"
4. save, reboot, try, enjoy

--------------------
ankadnikov
Message#6
15.04.13, 12:48
Local
[offline]

Messages 351

Enhanced PowerMenu and return to the standard lock screen (optional)

Here, I dig a little framework-res ...
1. In PowerMenu, added the Recovery item, translated the line Reboot and the dialogue after it.
Attached filePowerMenu_update.zip(11.17 MB)

2. Lockscreen ThL, of course, beautiful, but I still like the standard more. Yes, and I got used to it. In the second file, in addition to the extended menu, a standard lockbox is returned.
Attached filePM + LockScreen_update.zip(11.17 MB)

Installation
We throw on the flash drive update.zip file
We go in the recovery (turn off the phone, simultaneously hold down the volume + and Power buttons and do not let go until the recovery appears).
We go on points: install zip from sdcard ->choose zip from sdcard ->Choose your file ->Yes
If everything went well, we reboot and rejoice.
Do not forget to backup!

PS: By the way, while fiddling with the code, I noticed that the LongPress event is tied to the "Disconnect Power" item. If you hold your finger on it - you can get into Safe Mode.

--------------------
ankadnikov
Message#7
15.04.13, 20:17
Local
[offline]

Messages 351

How to swap the internal and external flash drives
Open the file /system/etc/vold.fstab, look for uncommented lines in which sdcard0 and sdcard1 are mounted, and swap the numbers 0 and 1 in these lines. It should turn out that sdcard is mounted in / storage / sdcard1, and sdcard2 in / storage / sdcard0. Do not forget to save the changes and restart the phone.

P.S. There will be no screenshots for the post on the locker, I do not have rights to edit my posts. Not yet 50 flood posts. For those who do not understand, the first THL locker is left in the first update, and the second is replaced by Jelly Bean.

Post has been editedankadnikov - 15.04.13, 20:20

--------------------
ankadnikov
Message#8
16.04.13, 07:34
Local
[offline]

Messages 351

I changed it according to the instructions above, the locker on the standard Jelly Bean. And then I had a question: in the THL locker, SMS was also displayed, but not in the standard one. How can this be added?

This is only unread SMS. If you want to add the item "all" or "write" - edit android.policy.jar, class LockScreen. To the question "how?" I will answer: look for according to deodexation, unpacking APK, smali.

--------------------
ankadnikov
Message#9
16.04.13, 08:34
Local
[offline]

Messages 351

Contacts in two lines + Photo caller full screen

Pictures
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Another small patch to install through recovery.
Slightly changed contacts and dialer. Contacts are displayed in two lines, plus the menu items "Direct b" and "Send to main e" are corrected. In the call, the date format was changed from "04/16/2013" to "April 16, 2013" + Photo of the subscriber in full screen when an incoming call (see picture).

Attached fileContacts + Phone_update.zip(4.83 MB)

--------------------
ankadnikov
Message#10
16.04.13, 09:56
Local
[offline]

Messages 351

patch Contacts in two lines + Photo caller in full screen on what firmware satvil?

The patch was developed on firmware 0312. Like all my other patches.

--------------------
ankadnikov
Message#11
16.04.13, 11:48
Local
[offline]

Messages 351

Beautiful loading and charging phone

A bit of theory. Pictures when loading are displayed in the following order:
1) partition / dev / logo (logo.bin file in firmware)
2) boot_logo (located in the / system / media / images folder)
3) bootanimation.zip (animation, located in the / system / media folder)

Now more on the points.

1. Editing logo.bin
Download the LogoBuilder program fromthis topic
Unpack logo.bin in an empty folder, edit, pack (you can read more in the same topic). The program will prepare a patch for recovery. We throw it on a flash drive and flash it. The patch created by the program is perfectly sewn into our phone. In addition to the start image logo.bin contains additional images: charging error, charging animation, etc. They can also be changed.

2. Edit boot_logo
We drop the file / system / media / images / boot_logo on the computer.
Again we open the same LogoBuilder, it has boot_logo conversion buttons in the picture and back. The resulting boot_logo file will then need to be manually thrown into the / system / media / images folder and set the rights to rw-r - r--. (This task is perfectly handled by ES Explorer or Root Explorer)

3. Boot animation
Learn more about the boot animation, and how to create it manually can be read inthis topic.
You can also effortlessly create bootanimation.zip from GIF files.
Download the program Gif2Bootanimation, adapted to our phoneAttached fileGif2BootAnimation.zip(555.01 KB)
In the program, click Load GIF and select the file.
After loading, we adjust the size of the new boot animation, (this does not have to be the screen resolution, the animation can be a small picture, then it will be displayed in the center of the screen) and the frame rate.
After everyone has set up, click the button "Save CWM update" (no need to be afraid of the word CWM, the new update will work for TWRP) and save the update.zip - patch with the new boot animation.
Then we drop the received update.zip into the phone, reboot into the recovery and install it.
The only problem with creating boot animations from GIF files is that GIFs contain eight-bit images with a color table. This may not seem like much.

That's all. We try, unsubscribe, we post our creations.

Additions:
- The melody that plays at startup is in the file/system/media/bootaudio.mp3
- You can also try adding shutanimation.zip (by analogy with bootanimation.zip) and shutaudio.mp3 to the same folder. As it is not difficult to guess, this is the animation and sound when you turn off the phone.

Post has been editedankadnikov - 16.04.13, 12:20
Reason for editing: corrected patches

--------------------
ankadnikov
Message#12
19.04.13, 11:15
Local
[offline]

Messages 351

I probably will take the keyboard ... but Swype did not go to JB.

The keyboard turned out to be unlucky. I will continue to use Swype beta. Otherwise, I do not see the point in this firmware.

Posted on 04/19/2013 11:15:

My GPS does not work, please tell me how to fix it.

How to teach GPS to catch satellites perfectly... The easiest instruction.
1. Go to the / data / misc folder and delete the mtkgps.dat file
2. GPS settings: disable EPO, enable A-GPS
3. enable data transfer
3. Run, rejoice. (better to go to the balcony than on the windowsill)

P.S .: For those who cannot find the EPO and A-GPS checkboxes, click on the "By GPS ..." option and everything will appear.

Post has been editedankadnikov - 19.04.13, 17:24
Reason for editing: added postscript

--------------------
ankadnikov
Message#13
19.04.13, 12:43
Local
[offline]

Messages 351

on) troll firmware 12.03 ... just run the GPS test

hmm ... did not appreciate the joke, apparently too thin for me.
Try to do it yourself, as I wrote and you will see that you have at least 10 satellites picked up within 20 seconds and the accuracy of 3 meters is established (you can check this in your favorite GPS test).

Posted on 04/19/2013, 12:43:

Guys, who will not help with fixing the bug for the time and date? Maybe I’m doing something wrong. I downloaded the zip files on JB Lockscreen and to fix the time and dates, connected the phone to my computer, uploaded these zips on it, booted in recovery, I choose these zip files, but I’m writing that Installing aborted)) There’s almost no experience with android devices, so I’m asking for help, in principle I want to fix things I don’t like and don’t climb more into the bodies .. Thanks in advance to anyone who gives noob time.

1) Install TWRP recovery from this topic
2) Take both patches from this topic. Patches in the topic of discussion for CWM. To run them in TWRP, you must first unmount the / system partition. Stupid was, put a check on the correct mount.

--------------------
MavashiDjodan
Message#14
20.04.13, 09:42
User
[offline]

Group: Banned
Messages 62
Check in: 21.03.13
Cube U30GT

THL W8 MTK6589 - not the first time I ask a question - (the last 6 digits of the Wi-Fi MAC address are constantly changing, can anyone come across a similar problem, how is it solved?)

tryMacI'm trying to figure it out myself now. "and the file with your factory firmware (namely the database folder)" "In the Modem Database and AP Database fields, select the appropriate files from the database directory from your factory firmware." while looking for these files.

Post has been editedMavashiDjodan - 20.04.13, 09:43
ankadnikov
Message#15
20.04.13, 11:04
Local
[offline]

Messages 351

Sibarit® @ 04/04/2013, 00:32*
And what are you so annoyed EPO?

Let's not raise another holivar about EPO. Personally, I used to turn it off at myself - and everything works fine. I laid out the easiest way - and it really works.
I added a warning about the pink glasses of the firmware to the header, it seems like in the topic of the discussion it seems like they put a proof, if something is wrong, correct

I have this firmware and no pink glasses.

--------------------
MavashiDjodan
Message#16
20.04.13, 11:36
User
[offline]

Group: Banned
Messages 62
Check in: 21.03.13
Cube U30GT

MavashiDjodan @ 04/04/2013, 09:42*
Quote (albatrosua @ 04/19/2013, 09:37) THL W8 MTK6589 - not the first time I ask a question - (the last 6 digits of the Wi-Fi MAC address are constantly changing, can anyone encounter a similar problem, how is it solved?) Try the Mac myself trying sort it out now. "and the file with your factory firmware (namely the database folder)" "In the Modem Database and AP Database fields, select the appropriate files from the database directory from your factory firmware." while looking for these files.

And helped 3 way described by referenceMac
golinale
Message#17
22.04.13, 11:10
User
[offline]

Messages 67
Check in: 28.09.08
Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F

Karamis @ 04/22/2013, 11:03*
I can’t install drivers on my win8, I don’t see the phone through the flash drive ..... what advices are there in this case ?!

Win8x64 firmware:
1. Vsemerka will not allow you to install a preloader driver without a signature. therefore, first of all, disable its check:
click Win + I ->Change computer settings ->Are common ->Special download options ->Reload now. When you turn off, click Diagnose ->Extra options ->Boot Parameters ->Reboot. After the menu appears, select "Disable mandatory driver signature verification" (F7)
2. Turn off the phone, remove the battery, plug in the USB cable, see the MTK 65XX Preloader in the device manager, click to update the driver, manually, select the folder with the firewood-driver installed (USB VCOM Driver), remove the USB cable
3. We stick in the battery, but we do not turn on the phone. We insert the YUSB wire, another ADB Interface device is defined. if it doesn’t pick up the machine manually, select the folder with firewood. We take out YUSB wire
then the phone is already seen in the flashlight ...
all successful firmware!

Post has been editedgolinale - 22.04.13, 11:13
golinale
Message#18
22.04.13, 11:35
User
[offline]

Messages 67

try to connect the included phone
Parameters - Developer Parameters - check the box “USB Debugging”
Parameters - Protection - check the box “Unknown sources”
On the phone, "Connecting to a USB drive" should be turned off (the item appears in the curtain when connected via USB to a PC)

still restarting the computer can help ...

Posted 04/22/2013, 11:35:

Usually there is a problem with the preloader driver and ADB is always without problems!

Post has been editedgolinale - 22.04.13, 11:33
golinale
Message#19
22.04.13, 11:41
User
[offline]

Messages 67

To slip him manually a folder with firewood. right-click on android phone-update driver and folder selection
golinale
Message#20
22.04.13, 12:01
User
[offline]

Messages 67

Well then, I don `t know that you are doing something wrong or, most likely, win8 is kind of intricate. on the seven without problems at all, everything starts with a half kick. put the above method on a laptop but with a disabled firewall and antivirus. also pokoryachilsya but installed. vseravno every other day demolished win8 and set win7. All the same, it is recommended to flash on win7, less fuss.
golinale
Message#21
22.04.13, 12:08
User
[offline]

Messages 67

And how do you repair the recovery mode without flashtool?

Posted 04/22/2013 12:05 PM:

I had exactly like you. everything worked without jambs except for problems with the drivers on the phone

Posted on 04/22/2013, 12:08 PM:

And flashing through the recovery mode may not remove small jambs. I already wrote above through flashtool and did not recognize the phone. before the first reboot, it is still stupid sometimes and after rebooting everything just flies! I'm waiting for it on Tuesday 4.2 firmware will be released
Thl

300 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/29/19 13:41