ZTE V880G - Firmware (OS 4.0.4)

Rep: (239)
ZTE V880G - Firmware (OS 4.0.4)
PictureZTE V880G, ZTE V955
Description | Discussion | FAQ | Purchase | Accessories | Marriage | FirmwareAre you here | MIUI v4 firmware (OS 4.0.4)

• Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.
  • Wishes and suggestions for what should be added to the header, write to me in QMS (private messages)

Drivers and Utilities
Attached fileZTE_DRIVER.RAR. (6.89 MB)

Official firmware
1. Official firmware (Russia) v1.0 Link (Yandex) Installation Instructions for V880G. in the archive for V955 look here
2. Official firmware (Russia) v2.0 (change here ) Link (Yandex)
3. Official firmware for the Belarusian operator "Life" link / mirror . For ticking Thank you dimas1979

Unofficial firmware
1. Firmware - (File: Android_v4.0.4_zte-v955_26_02_2013.zip) is based on off. Cytai firmware dated 02.26.2013, Russified by about 80%, is cleaned of Chinese trash. Thank you forumchanin stas30
2. Firmware Lite 1.0 -Onewned on the offspring firmware 1.0, the most lightweight. Thank you forumchanin mitroh
3. Chinese variants ZTE V955 firmware. Thanks for the filler forumchanin xpo
4.Firmware Based on Belarusian 3.0 from forumchanin arthurich Setting through CWM.Cap here
5.Firmware from our new romoode
Android firmware 4.1.1
gooddeath .. if you like it, do not forget to harm the author thank

Getting Root, ClockworkMod recovery, etc.
Get Root
The first way:
1. Connect the phone to your computer
2. Switch the phone to the driver installation mode (the last item in the "PC connection" settings)
3. Install the driver
4. Switch to debug mode (ibid 2)
5. On the computer should appear adb-device (look in the "Device Manager")
6. RunAttached fileV955-ROOT.exe(1.25 MB)
8. Press "1", "Enter", then again "1"
9. Wait for the phone to reboot 3 times.
thankforumchaninovt00 and original message
The second way:
1. Install ClockworkMod recovery
2. DownloadAttached fileSuperuser-3.2-arm-signed.zip(1.09 MB)
and put in the root of the memory card
3. Reboot to ClockworkMod recovery and install the downloaded archive (install zip from sdcard)
4. Again we reboot (reboot system now) and see the installed Superuser. Everything
The third method (the easiest). The computer is not needed:
Download and install the program on the deviceFramaroot and get Root according to the instructions:
1. Install Framaroot
2. Run, select Superuser or SuperSU, the selection, but better SuperSU.
3. Zhmakay Sam, Frodo, Legolas, Aragorn, Gandalf ie Any character you like, if available: D
4. A window popped up with a smiley :-) about Root-rights successfully obtained (see screen).
5. Restart the device and enjoy: D!

Installing ClockworkMod recovery
What is ClockworkMod recovery and why is it needed?
ClockWorkMod Recovery (CWM) is a modified unofficial recovery, which is produced for most devices running Android. It has much more opportunities than native recovery. On some devices is installed instead of native Recovery, on other devices is installed in parallel. Allows you to install unofficial firmware, easy to install fixes and patches in the form of ZIP files, create a backup copy of firmware and user data, make a reset to factory settings (Wipe Data / Factory Reset), Cache Cleaning (Cache), Dalvik-cache (Dalvik-Cache ), battery work statistics (Battery Stats), formatting and creating sections on a memory card and much more. More in the subjectClockworkMod recovery FAQ

Here
We take all that we need.
1. Find on the phone Root Explorer-OM in the folder/ etc and rename install-recovery.sh at Install-Recovery.sh.old. (if there is no such file, then nothing needs to do)
2. Unpacking the contents folderplatform-tools.7z On a C: \ disk (in the root of the folder to be displayed (on the command line) by the CMD command to the PC in the "Start" menu in the search bar) approximately so C: \ users \ ...
3. You must translate the phone to the bootoder mode. This can be done by connecting the phone to the computer in debugging mode (Setting / Connecting to PC / USB Debugging or Log in to FTM mode (when the phone is turned off, clampVOLUME DOWN + POWER ). In any case, you need to install the drivers, with the first version of them, you can install before the phone via the configuration mode / Connect to the PC / install the driver, in the second case, from the ZTE_DRIVE archive Next: on the command prompt adb reboot bootloader The phone will overloaded to the bootload mode (hangs on the screensaver) the phone will need to set the ADB firewood again, feed from ZTE_DRIVE, for Win XP there is in the topic of Orange San Francisco)
4. After installing wood, we flash the recovery, type on the command promptfastboot flash recovery recovery-u22.img And overload, again, dialing on the command prompt fastboot reboot Everything, we enter the recovery in the usual way to VOLUME UP + POWER. The power button is released after the first vibra.
thankforumchaninovt00 and original message
GoogleAPPS
http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip install via ClockworkMod recovery

Embellishment and utility
1. Archive for CWM replacing system files and applications to deodexes. Here You can find what it is for what, download and say "Thank you"
2. Patch for Russification of signatures to the buttons in the curtain, the image on the phone can be turned upside down (it is not available).Here more details. "Thank" forumchanin bro2013bro
3. Installation of the ZTE V880G / V955 smartphone by Adb & FastBoot toolshere

miscellanea
Changing / Removing Music or Butanimations when you turn on the phone
Swap memory cards
Read more here
ZTE program for web-firmware upgrade
Updates Chinese firmware on V955 (no one has yet confirmed its use on V880G) Link
Service codes
Here and here
Benchmark results:
Stock firmware here. thank forumchanin Dam2000
Firmware Lite 1.0 here. thank forumchanin mitroh

Instructions
Instructions for firmware optic firmware V880G: Attached fileZTE V880G.PDF smartphone update instructions (132.57 KB)

According to the forum messages, the firmware update to version 2.0 helps to solve the problem of the com.android.phone error problem when dropping simes "MegaFon" and eliminates some other problems.

In no case do not install the firmware from Blade G, although it is a complete analogy for the hardware, but it works only with one SIM card, and when you try to restore the native firmware, you get a "brick"
Thank uv.dimas1979

There is no curator in the subject. If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).
Prior to the appointment of the curator, on filling the caps, contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedtredem1 - 31.07.15, 21:02
Reason for editing: Android 4.1.1

Welcome and let's discuss everything connected with the firmware of our smartphone: yes2:

Dam2000 @ 04/14/2013, 14:37*
Found a bug. When you try to install the application from the market (in my case, this is the game of the third world) writes "Unable to install an application on an SD or USB drive." I thought I thought, I decided to try to extract the card and install. Removing the application was installed as it should. So - I think that the fact is that the device is trying to install the application immediately on the memory card. How to get rid of it?

Wrote about this problemhere , On the Chinese firmware everything is installed on the inner memory, and on the Russian firmware it immediately climbs into a memory card. In the normal firmware there is a clause where to set the default, in our device there is no such item in the menu. It is necessary to dig in firmware and search where it is managed or hoping for correction in the following firmware.

Post has been editedmitroh - 14.04.13, 14:07

Rep: (0)
Tell me how to make a black frame smaller so that the photo of the caller can be seen
Attached Image

Post has been editedFobos68 - 09.04.14, 17:28

Zusha,
Just reworking system files, details can be studiedthis topic

Rep: (29)
Zusha @ 04/18/2013, 21:28*
Tell me how to make a black frame smaller so that the photo of the caller can be seen

See what the Chinese in the corresponding parameter incall_touch_ui.xml write - they all won it for a long time.

By the way, their Roma without registration -here.
You can lift in the cap, for on the official (for V955) firmware.

Post has been editedxpo - 19.04.13, 10:41

I support because I did not understand anything on the Chinese site!

Rep: (29)
Zusha @ 04/19/2013, 23:46*
I support because I did not understand anything on the Chinese site!
If you are still about the full photo of the subscriber, you can stupidly take DIALER.APK fromthis, for example, beware and pasted into your or separately pour as zip via CWM. I have all rolled.
More Dartnyan Option - Disassemble your APK and enemy APK, and edit the resources of the corresponding XML on their image and likeness.

Damn people, write instructions, how to flash? Already 3 days I can not find instructions

Dante_oldschool in the header Detailed instructions

zusha, there _Pad_ spoiler

Dante_oldschoolZTE V880G / V955-TalkTry here!

Dante_oldschool @ 04/26/2013, 20:45*
How to flash? Already 3 days I can not find instructions

It depends on what kind of firmware and what phone (V955 or V880G) you want to flash. In the archive with off. I have an instruction to flash (applicable to off. Climb). Added to the header

Post has been editedmitroh - 28.04.13, 11:46

Rep: (108)
Made recently firmwarefor myself , I decided to make public, but suddenly ... who will be interested in: rolleyes:
Put from cwm, from native recovery I have not tried
The firmware is based on Lite frommitroh , Added programs, ringtones (I needed, for for yourself)
root present, in CMW I go with buttons
At the end of the installation, at the exit from CMW when pressedreboot system nowA window will open, it is necessary to execute itemFix root. !!!
V.1.01.zte-v880g.root.zip.
________________________________________________________________________________
___
New here
====================================================================
installed applications
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

P.S. strictly not judge, everything was done for myself and only for myself

Post has been editedarthurich - 25.05.13, 12:38

Is it possible to port Cyanogen MOD with other devices?

Rep: (6)
Is it possible to flash Neof the firmware without installing clockworkmod recovery, renamed Update.zip?

Arakan_spb, No you can not!

Rep: (48)
Arturch, For ZTE V955 suitable?

Griny35, ZTE V955 is the same ZTE V880G only for China! So everything from V880G will go to V955

Rep: (48)
KD JORDAN @ 05/17/2013, 21:03*
Only for China
Che is only for China? They use well in Ukraine: D

Rep: (108)
Griny35 @ 05/17/2013, 11:00*
For ZTE V955

obligatory
I put on 880 Chinese from 955 Little modified: rolleyes:
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image