orthopedist
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 2564
Check in: 19.02.06
Xiaomi Mi 2S

������� ��� ���� ���������������� ��������� download

Attached Image

The theme is devoted to portrait photography and painting.
In this topic we post our work, we share our experience.

Introduction
Portret (fr. Portrait, from the obsolete portraire - “to depict”) is an image of this or that person, produced by means of painting, engraving or sculpture, as well as a photographic image or a verbal description (in particular, in literature).
Depending on the size of the image, portraits of the portraits distinguish the head (when only the head is shown on the shoulders), chest, waist, generation and full height.
Regarding the pose of the represented figure, they distinguish profile, “from the face” (en face), three-quarters of a turn to the right or left (en trois quarts) and the so-called an profil perdu, that is, depicting a face from the back of the head, so that only part of the profile is visible.
Useful

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 02.02.19, 20:06
maxerror
Message#22
13.09.07, 20:49
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 12
Check in: 12.09.07

And another portrait

Attached images
Attached Image

--------------------
To see injustice and to be silent means to participate in it yourself.
maxerror
Message#23
13.09.07, 22:57
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 12
Check in: 12.09.07

And further...

Attached images
Attached Image

--------------------
To see injustice and to be silent means to participate in it yourself.
IDaugava
Message#24
23.09.07, 13:28
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 108
Check in: 02.02.07
Xiaomi Redmi Note 2

Went through photos of the last trip to Poland, Lithuania, Latvia. Found that in portrait photos with good lighting, the wife must wear glasses.
Attached Image

That's probably the best shot without glasses. But in it, while reducing the size to acceptable in the forum, the face suffers greatly.
Attached Image

We are trying to resolve the issue with another framing, the wife begins to resemble the Tower of Pisa :).
Attached Image

As if there was not, I like both pictures.

you know, I personally think that the error in these frames is not in technology. Here the idea itself, IMHO, is not correct. No need to mix genres, it’s not even for all masters. If you shoot a portrait, shoot a portrait. If you shoot an interesting landscape - shoot the landscape. This is especially clearly seen in the second picture. The face fell into a strong shadow, and in the background - the brightest overexposure. This is by definition a losing shot. Either it was necessary to try to pull out the figure and face with a flash (which would hardly have given a good result), or to do a big bracketing and then pull the frame through HDR. And it would be optimal in this lane to make a city landscape with a figurine of a wife, let alone take a more serious look at the portrait, trying to find a more successful background, rakus, etc.

Then, these two genres have completely opposite methods of shooting. The landscape is shot on the largest GRIP-e, and the portrait - on the contrary, with a minimum. For example, in the first portrait, at first glance, some chain of bubbles goes up from the head of your wife ... It then turns out that this is a gap between the trees ... If the diaphragm were closed less, this effect would not exist, but then if the background was all blurred ...

Since you took a photo of your wife, I will be correct and I will say that these photos are only suitable for a family album for later viewing on winter themed evenings under the theme “Where have we been.”

Briefly about the technical shortcomings.
1. Select the background.
Train yourself to be sure to see that this perspective is behind the model.
In the first photo - the shore spreads out of the ears.
On the second, some green wings grow from the head (from behind?).

Castles, streets, people in the back frame - did you film your wife or a report about your place of stay? Very important question. If you take a big series of shots to create a cool travel slideshow, then that’s understandable. But in this case, these lone frames don't tell anyone about anything. If, after all, a wife - then where is the clearly defined accent for the place where the model is taken? It is unlikely for people to be alien to you to ask the question “Where is it?”.

2. Light.
You absolutely do not consider where the light accents are placed on the photo.
Faces are absolutely "gray" due to the lack of shadows, halftones.
The second frame - working with a light background from the shadow. If you shoot against the light of the day - be sure to use the flash.
Where was the sun on the first frame (I'm not talking about the clouds, but about the location)?

3. Emotions.
In both frames - the terminator person. In the sense - with the complete absence of these. You can shoot this way, but to underline something else (events around, non-standard style of clothes, unusual posture, etc.). Here - a neutral background with a neutral model for emotions. So I want to ask a question - well, and?

4. Accessories.
Bag on the second frame - who needs it?

5. And now, the most important thing.
What did you want to say by putting these frames? ..

Believe me, I do not in any way want to humiliate you or show how cool and knowledgeable I am.
I just know for myself that it is not often possible to meet an objective analysis of my creations from the outside. Due to the breaking of the description of the most elementary mistakes made by many photographers, who simply simply click to capture an event.
I can associate with our forum - it’s all the same that I’m going to come here on CCP issues a couple of times and start creating topics with the names “HELP, I don’t close the programs with a cross”, “What is cab,” etc. There are the most elementary rules that you should get acquainted with before you submit your creations to the “public court”.

I'm not even talking about the laws of composition or things like depth of field, the rules of the third blah blah blah. Just ask yourself a question before exhibiting - "And can people like it who does not know me personally? Could it be them to snatch? And why?". And proceed from honest answers for yourself.

Post has been editedkochrob - 27.10.07, 23:22
Hasp
Message#25
26.09.07, 23:35
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 34
Check in: 09.04.06
HTC Touch HD

Well, add one more. Criticize
Attached Image

Hasp, the quality of the first portrait I liked even more than the second. To the first, except for the kitschy framework, there are really no complaints.

But the second portrait is quite easy to do much better. So, what's not to like: low contrast, "deadly blue" on the face.
Open the file in Photoshop:
1. Switch the image mode to the LAB color space.
2. Call Levels and in channels "a" and "b" we tighten levels to remove blue.
3. Return to RGB mode.
Attached Image

There is one more flaw in the picture: the face is too dark. If you just raise the brightness of the image, the birch and everything around will be highlighted. This is not an option. We do this:
1. Call the Layers window. Below, on the toolbar there is a half-filled icon for the circle - this is the toolkit for creating masks "Create new fill or ajustement layer". Vibiraem in it "Brightness / Contrans". We adjust the brightness and contrast in the face, we do not look at the other elements of the picture. (I added +20 to the brightness, the contrast did not touch).
2. Now we have highlighted the entire picture. We use the capabilities of the mask. Now the field to the right of the mask image in the Layers window is white, i.e. The mask operates across the entire frame field. We look at the main toolbar so that white is active and the background color is black. Press Ctlr + Backspase. The whole mask is filled with the background color (black) and our brightness setting stops acting for the whole field of the frame.
3. Choose the tool "soft brush" (a circle with blurred edges), I took the size of 35. Gently brush the face with a brush (which should be white). Now the face outline (white) has appeared in the black (inactive) mask and our settings for increasing the brightness are valid only for the selected area.
4. Merge layers (Ctrl + E) and save the file.
Attached Image

Another drawback of the picture is an empty, overexposed LVU. Of course, this could also be corrected by photoshop, imprinting the sky, but such trickiness requires much more control of photoshop, and has little to do with photography. It was necessary just to choose the shooting angle a little more carefully ...

Crokogen @ 10/03/07 13:01:17
Dear BombilCalabasov described how you can try to correct the flaw in this frame - an error in working with the light. But such things need to work out while shooting.

Look carefully - the light from the sun goes from the right to the back. The face and in front of the model, respectively, in the shade. Those. - this is so-called. work with backlight. To obtain a satisfactory result, there are two ways - a flash of the model in front of the flash (only if it is possible - not built-in, which will whiten the face, but external, with minimal power or in general, directed upwards and reflector-box with an elastic band) or a special reflector It is placed on the left-front of the model and adjusts the reflection of the sun so as to remove the shadows in front of the model and add life reflections to the eyes.

None of this was done, the shooting was carried out simply-as-is, so photoshop can only correct the saturation of the light, but still the photographer’s flaws will be perfectly visible.

Well, of course - the upper left corner and the jumper, which is absolutely not in harmony with the birch.

In the end - for the family album rolls, but no more.

And, by the way, about the previous portrait - I do not even want to disassemble, it is so spoiled by this frame, which ... There are no words. It would be better without her at all ...

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedkochrob - 27.10.07, 23:30
Alex-andr
Message#26
27.09.07, 22:34
Novice
[offline]

Messages 37
Check in: 19.07.06

Attached Image

portrait titled "Oh, how we drank yesterday"
plab
Message#27
03.10.07, 23:32
Guru
[offline]

Messages 2605
Check in: 06.09.05
HP iPAQ hx2110

my first portrait shooting experience
Attached Image

--------------------
signatures are prohibited
Crokogen
Message#28
05.10.07, 10:04
Local
[offline]

Messages 226
Check in: 29.09.05
Samsung Galaxy S6 Duos SM-G920FD

Sea wolf

Attached Image
: [WdG]:
Message#29
11.10.07, 20:26
Local
[offline]

Messages 378
Check in: 25.01.06
HTC One M9

Here, too, decided to post!

Attached images
Attached Image

--------------------
HTC Desire Group
We are who we are ...
Satory
Message#30
15.10.07, 21:45
Local
[offline]

Messages 112
Check in: 06.10.07

img-55397-P91412452.jpg
a very contradictory work: in terms of tone, emotion and sharpness, it seems not bad, rather pleasant ... But otherwise - full of stitches! .. First, the compositionally typical American portrait: the face is strictly in the center of the frame, horizontal orientation frame. Secondly, a lot of unnecessary details in the frame: a man’s figure “grows” (“Siamese twins syndrome”), a bright tractor spot in the background. The urban landscape does not work too well for the purpose of photography ... In short, the "threefold" and no more.

The "Siamese twin" is also quite easy to remove - use a Photoshop tool like a stamp pad. I am sure you will figure it out yourself and can handle it in literally 15 minutes. There is nothing complicated.

As I understand it, most of the comments are decided by cropping photos. But I couldn’t do anything with a man; this is my classmate, in fact, she doesn’t like to be photographed (shy, probably). In this case, I accidentally caught it on the way from one building to another ...

Corrected, that was in my power. :)

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedkochrob - 27.10.07, 23:44
donor
Message#31
17.10.07, 20:32
User
[offline]

Messages 75
Check in: 05.11.05
DEXP Ixion ML 5

Little girl!
Attached Image

donor, and not better?
Attached Image

- pulled up the levels in RGB
- Added through the mask of brightness on the face
- Added a blur through the mask on the cheeks
- Added Sharp through the mask on the eyes and lips ...
- Slightly pulled up the brightness of colors through the levels in LAB.
Minutes 3 took ...

Post has been editedkochrob - 27.10.07, 23:46
alviker
Message#32
18.10.07, 19:12
Local
[offline]

Messages 136
Check in: 21.02.07
Star A3

My second half. :)

Attached Image
Satory
Attached Image

BombilCalabasov @ 10/19/07 11:10:56
really liked the work! Such, with character! Look fascinates! Only here I would, in addition to a slightly warmer skin tone, still bring sharpness to the eyes. Clearly not enough piercing this look ...

Post has been editedkochrob - 27.10.07, 23:52
Satory
Message#33
26.10.07, 18:52
Local
[offline]

Messages 112
Check in: 06.10.07

In the cafe ...

Attached images
Attached Image
Nakugava
Message#34
01.11.07, 23:05
a guest
[offline]

Messages 4
Check in: 01.11.07
Asus mypal a696

Attached Image

So, improvisation ..

I do not understand anything! How to make them (foty) appear?

M
To understand - you need to read the rules. For the second work could punishment and shlopotat.

Forum FAQ
FAQ on forum features
Forum Rules
same but in photo
uploading pictures

Post has been editedkochrob - 02.11.07, 02:33
Flesh [zlo]
Message#35
05.11.07, 15:01
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 467
Check in: 15.04.06
Oneplus 3

Father.
Attached Image

I tried to make a portrait as soft as possible ...

Flesh [ZLO], understand, "softness" does not mean "blur". Even on the very "soft" portrait you want to see in the sharpness of the eyes ...

BombilCalabasovYes, they are harsh ... =) Of course, you can take them off and leave them as on the original, but it will completely ruin the whole frame ... where is that? =)

here's a copy of the original ...
Attached Image

Post has been editedkochrob - 06.04.08, 14:29

--------------------
Nikon D300 + CF 8gb + 50 / 1.8 + 24-120 / 3.5-5.6 + 28-300 / 3.5-6.3.
Flesh [zlo]
Message#36
05.11.07, 22:28
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 467
Check in: 15.04.06
Oneplus 3

BombilCalabasovYes, they are harsh ... =) Of course, you can take them off and leave them as on the original, but it will completely ruin the whole frame ... where is that? =)
here's a copy of the original ...
img-58088-DSC_3395orig.jpg

--------------------
Nikon D300 + CF 8gb + 50 / 1.8 + 24-120 / 3.5-5.6 + 28-300 / 3.5-6.3.
Nakugava
Message#37
08.11.07, 22:37
a guest
[offline]

Messages 4
Asus mypal a696

Here is a portrait on BIS!

Attached Image:
Attached Image
Nakugava
Message#38
09.11.07, 01:09
a guest
[offline]

Messages 4
Asus mypal a696

Well, who liked my work still post it ..

Attached Image:
Attached Image
FVS7
Message#39
18.11.07, 11:14
Local
[offline]

Messages 112
Check in: 30.10.05
Fujitsu-Siemens Loox 720

Attached Image

The trouble is that it is already impossible to fix it properly.
So I put upright window frames, and white wedges - this is what is missing in the picture.

Attached Image

1. Translated into the LAB color space and pulled up the Levels in the channels. Returned the picture to RGB.
2. Screw the brightness and contrast to make the picture more expressive.
3. Sharp filter to add sharpness to the picture.
4. Through the mask of the layer (the icon at the bottom of the window with layers), the Hue / Saturation eyes were bleached, or they were shining blue, like in the movie “Dune”.
5. Well, I pinched a little more from above ... IHMO, there is a bit too much there.

Attached Image

didex @ 11.27.07 17:19:58
FVS7, I do not pretend to be the last resort, but I would do this:

Attached Image

Post has been editedkochrob - 06.04.08, 17:53
mishastik
Message#40
09.01.08, 15:37
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 16