Dell XPS DUO 12 - Discussion | [tabletpc] Discussion.

Rep: (31)
DiscussionLaptop transformer DELL XPS DUO 12
PictureLaptop transformer DELL XPS DUO 12
Description |Discussion пїЅ | FAQ | Buying and Accessories В»| Marriage | Firmware "
Windows 8 пїЅ | Windows RT | Windows 7 пїЅ | Windows xp пїЅ | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ

Attached Image

Official ultrabook page.
Reviews
Today on the market there are more and more devices running Windows 8. It reveals all its advantages on devices equipped with touch-displays. Apparently, having seen quite good prospects for this operating system, manufacturers began to produce more and more devices based on it. Features of Windows 8 and market conditions compel manufacturers to invent universal gadgets that can fulfill not only the role of ultrabooks that are fashionable today, but also taking on the functions of tablet PCs. Some of these devices work out well, others - not so, the consumer will appreciate the work of engineers.
I decided to open a new topic dedicated to one of these devices - DELL XPS DUO 12
The device, in my opinion, turned out to be wonderful for the company DELL in all respects - spectacular expensive materials, powerful performance stuffing, excellent backlit keyboard, awesome (you can’t tell another way) display with FullHD resolution and 12.5 inches diagonal covered with Gorilla Glass, long enough, among similar devices, battery life and the strongest WOW-effect, all this fully applies to this device.
In my hands, this transformer turned out yesterday, after long torments of choice, comparing gadgets from different manufacturers. Therefore, while it’s too early to talk about the pros and cons, you can only talk about first impressions. However, as they say, the first impression is often true.
Ultrabook Official PageOfficial ultrabook page.
So, first impressions ...
Taking the device in hand, you catch yourself on the fact that you no longer want to let go of it, it is so comfortable and pleasant to touch.
Booting the OS takes no more than 7 seconds, aided by a 256 GB SSD drive.
The display rotation mechanism is very convenient and looks quite reliable.
The amount of RAM 8 GB allows you to hope for the absence of problems when working with any applications.
Because there is no disk with the OS to restore it in the event of a failure; the first desire was to make such a disk. To create it, there is a preinstalled application from the manufacturer. I launched it, and was pleasantly surprised by the offer to connect a flash drive, in addition to the standardly expected devices, to a choice. Without much enthusiasm, I connect the available 4 GB flash drive formatted in NTFS format. After a second, the drive is recognized and ready to receive information. True, the system honestly warned that this volume was not enough to accommodate the entire image on it. Delayed the procedure until buying a flash drive for 8 GB.
Very pleased with the keyboard, both hardware and screen. The hardware has a convenient switchable manually or automatically backlight. The screen is also very convenient, and what is important appears automatically every time a tap is performed on the input field, at least at first glance.
These are the first impressions of this interesting device.
I invite all owners and interested to support the topic.

Post has been editedShoore - 01.12.13, 14:29

Rep: (39)
Is this World of Tanks laptop pulling? FPS?
I think to buy

Rep: (0)
Of course, it’s pulling, it’s not an atom, 5 cortex !. ft is not small, judging by the tests.

Rep: (2)
I have with i7, RAM 8 GB., ssd 256, eats everything that I offer him.
What does not like:
1. usb ports are located close to each other, if you stick something massive then you can’t get to the second port
2. I would like a larger battery, well, at least a couple of hours
3. I just can’t get used to the touch
4. camera sucks

What do you like:
1. The screen is good, the glass burned
2. Fairly light weight for such power
3. The keyboard is nice
4. It doesn’t get stuck, of course fingers remain on the screen, but the case itself is not easily soiled

P.S. In my opinion, this spinning nonsense will loose after some time, because scuffs are visible on the latches, maybe after some time they will be erased and the screen will hang. (Exclusively my guess)

and besides that I don’t like it, when you press the ё button, the on-screen keyboard pops up in the taskbar, if it is turned on, it disappears and the whole image reappears and it jumps over, is very annoying. Perhaps it’s somehow being treated, but no solution has yet been found

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 02.07.13, 10:26
Reason for editing: combined.

Rep: (1)
Dr. Vadim @ 06/26/2013, 10:30 a.m.*
The hard disk is only 128, 100 is available. Can I return the remaining ones (28 probably for backup)? Is it worth trying?
2. Is something unnecessary installed on the laptop from the programs that can be removed?

The word "unnecessary" is very intimate, who knows what you need and what not. For me, everything can be deleted ...
But I do not delete, because laziness ...

Post has been editedkitigin - 25.07.13, 16:53

can I connect a monitor to it through adapters?

You can connect a monitor through the docking station.

I have some of the programs on it muddy (Guarantor, Opera). Nothing canbe done? Why is that?

help plz! on the store’s website it was written that in this computer ~ 250GB, but it turned out that only 1 disk with 100GB, but there is still some kind of backup disk with 120GB. how to use a backup disk?

Rep: (3)
Dr. Vadim @ 06/26/2013, 09:30*
The hard disk is only 128, 100 is available. Can I return the remaining ones (28 probably for backup)? Is it worth trying?
2. Is something unnecessary installed on the laptop from the programs that can be removed?

I understand that this is Windows itself, no? The drive is initially 128GB, then Win8 and other software are installed on it. So you get 100 GB free.

KiyKiy @ 07/02/2013, 08:08*
P.S. In my opinion, this spinning nonsense will loose after some time, because scuffs are visible on the latches, maybe after some time they will be erased and the screen will hang. (Exclusively my guess)

In addition to mechanical fasteners, there are also magnets. So the screen will still be fixed.

Post has been editedTCS_Fixer - 08.09.13, 21:13

Rep: (24)
Does anyone use a miniflash? If so, which one?

the most decent thing that caught my eye
http://www.2leef.com/en/products/view/Surge

I correctly understood that the HDD can be replaced, but the RAM can not be changed?

I correctly understood that the HDD can be replaced, but the RAM can not be changed?

Yes

If you upgrade it to 8.1 windows, will it work well? Is it worth updating?

Rep: (1)
Does anyone use a miniflash? If so, which one?

I am using SanDisk Cruzer Fit.
But there is one oddity. This flash drive is defined by the system as a local drive and not as a removable one.
At the same time, on all computers and judging by Google, not only with me.

Rep: (154)
I got the version with i5-3337. Unfortunately, the model is rather stupid: for games in native resolution there is not enough video power, the screen is too small for operation. The tablet mode is a separate song, because 1.5 kg with one hand is inconvenient to hold, and the second one must be pressed on the screen. The keyboard is worse than the MacBook, although better than everyone else. The touchpad is not bad, although the software for it does not shine. I consider the lack of HDMI in the business model to be idiocy - stint on $ 5 bucks of deductions and therefore soldered the free DP? What pleases is the case, but you won’t be full of one case. I will sell ..

Rep: (6)
Dear users, share reviews how many people have this ultrabook on a single battery charge?
In my food profile, dell holds about 3 hours, it seems to me that is not enough.

there is a hidden recovery partition on the disk. who knows how to enter the menu and start the process

I got the version with i5-3337. Unfortunately, the model is rather stupid: for games in native resolution there is not enough video power, the screen is too small for operation. The tablet mode is a separate song, because 1.5 kg with one hand is inconvenient to hold, and the second one must be pressed on the screen. The keyboard is worse than the MacBook, although better than everyone else. The touchpad is not bad, although the software for it does not shine. I consider the lack of HDMI in the business model to be idiocy - stint on $ 5 bucks of deductions and therefore soldered the free DP? What pleases is the case, but you won’t be full of one case. I will sell ..

the model is excellent, therefore the topic is always empty here, because there is nothing to complain about.
I've been using it for almost a year, I don’t remember the problems
and in tablet mode it’s quite normal for a man to hold it in his hands

the only negative is the price with us, but if you buy there, it’s very good

It strains a slow update of the screen, parts of the previous window are viewed, it is very noticeable when you work remotely on the RPP. Someone tormented ss for a problem? This is not a feature, this is a bug.

Rep: (25)
Dell XPS 12 on i5-4200U under Win 8.1 x64. Does not display the remaining battery life. Owners of similar devices, how are you doing with this?

https://01.org/android...ds/android-4.4.2r1-ia0

Did someone put an android on this laptop as the second axis?

I can’t get it, so far stuck on stage
"Step 5: Install the system."

https://01.org/android-ia/guides/quick-start

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/12/19, 11:34 p.m.