3 pagesV  1 2 3 > »  

> Dell XPS DUO 12 - Discussion | [tabletpc] Discussion.
rn9fal
Message#1
24.03.13, 10:45
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 327
Check in: 11.11.05
Samsung Galaxy S 2 GT-I9100

DiscussionLaptop transformer DELL XPS DUO 12
PictureLaptop transformer DELL XPS DUO 12
Description |Discussion �| FAQ | Buying and Accessories »| Marriage | Firmware "
Windows 8 � | Windows RT | Windows 7 � | Windows xp � | Ubuntu linux � | Change the operating system � | Search programs � | Antivirus � | Ambulance laptop owners � | IT smoker �

Attached Image

Official ultrabook page.
Reviews
Today, more and more devices running Windows 8 appear on the market. It reveals all its advantages on devices equipped with touch-displays. Apparently, having spotted very good prospects for this operating system, manufacturers began to produce more and more devices based on it. Features of Windows 8 and market conditions are forcing manufacturers to invent universal gadgets that can perform not only the role of today's ultrabooks, but also take on the functions of tablet PCs. Some of these devices are good, others - not very much, the consumer’s work will be appreciated by the engineers.
I decided to open a new topic dedicated to one of these devices - DELL XPS DUO 12
The device, in my opinion, turned out to be wonderful for the company DELL in all respects - spectacular expensive materials, powerful performance stuffing, excellent backlit keyboard, awesome (you can’t tell another way) display with FullHD resolution and 12.5 inches diagonal covered with Gorilla Glass, long enough, among similar devices, battery life and the strongest WOW-effect, all this fully applies to this device.
In my hands, this transformer turned out yesterday, after long torments of choice, comparing gadgets from different manufacturers. Therefore, while it’s too early to talk about the pros and cons, you can only talk about first impressions. However, as they say, the first impression is often true.
Ultrabook Official PageOfficial ultrabook page.
So, first impressions ...
Taking the device in hand, you catch yourself on the fact that you no longer want to let go of it, it is so comfortable and pleasant to touch.
Booting the OS takes no more than 7 seconds, aided by a 256 GB SSD drive.
The display rotation mechanism is very convenient and looks quite reliable.
The amount of RAM 8 GB allows you to hope for the absence of problems when working with any applications.
Because There is no disk with the OS for its recovery in case of a failure in the kit, then the first desire was to make such a disk. To create it there is a pre-installed application from the manufacturer. I launched it and was pleasantly surprised by the offer to connect a flash drive, besides the standardly expected devices, to choose from. Without much enthusiasm, I plug in an available 4 GB flash drive formatted in NTFS format. A second later, the drive is recognized and ready to receive information. True, the system honestly warned that this volume is insufficient to place the entire image on it. Postponed the procedure to buy a flash drive for 8 GB.
Very pleased with the keyboard, both hardware and screen. The hardware has a convenient switchable manually or automatically backlight. The screen is also very convenient, and what is important appears automatically every time a tap is performed on the input field, at least at first glance.
These are the first impressions of this interesting device.
I invite all owners and interested to support the topic.

Post has been editedShoore - 01.12.13, 14:29
MAXMAD32
Message#2
29.03.13, 11:03
Local
[offline]

Messages 317
Check in: 19.12.10
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Prime

I myself look at this model, because I want to switch to a tablet with Win8 mainly working with Adobe products, but I’m confused by the implementation of the screen rotation, I would like something collapsible ...

--------------------
Life is a fairy tale, you have to believe in it ...
rn9fal
Message#3
30.03.13, 19:00
Local
[offline]

Messages 327

MAXMAD32 @ 03/29/2013, 2:03 PM*
I myself look at this model, because I want to switch to a tablet with Win8 mainly working with Adobe products, but I’m confused by the implementation of the screen rotation, I would like something collapsible

Such an implementation is not news. DELL is already the second laptop of a similar design. First-Dell Inspirion mini duo 10http://www.nomobile.ru/reviews/96430.htmlfor more than two years on the market, and during this time the design has not caused any complaints. I, and I have been holding this tablet in my hands for more than a week, also have no doubts about reliability. Moreover, I consider such a construction more reliable and convenient than the design of Yoga 13, and even more so the design of the sliders.
In general, the device is extremely convenient, the exterior and the materials used are out of competition. Technical data is also at altitude. In general, the device undoubtedly belongs to the premium segment. After a week of ownership, I did not regret the purchase. The rest later.

Post has been editedrn9fal - 30.03.13, 19:04

--------------------
Samsung NC10 + Samsung WiTu i900 16Gb + Samsung Galaxy S2
kitigin
Message#4
08.04.13, 22:38
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 11
Check in: 24.08.09

But how is it with the size of the charging cord?
I really like Dell, but I always dreamed of a small charge, as for a smart. Asus Zen and new Toshiba ultrabooks have achieved this ...
Share your feelings plz ...
rn9fal
Message#5
11.04.13, 18:57
Local
[offline]

Messages 327

Kitigin @ 04/09/2013, 01:38*
But how is it with the size of the charging cord? I really like Dell, but I always dreamed of a small charge, as for a smart. Asus Zen and the new Toshiba ultrabooks have achieved this ... Share your feelings plz ...

Well, how? Cord as a cord, long, about one and a half meters from the power supply to the laptop. From the block to the plug is short and thick, like a regular computer. BUT ... I never use such cords, I do not like so cumbersome. Therefore, I take a standard wire from any device, a boom box, for example, they are sold in boutiques with various wires, antennas, consoles ... I use it here. Although the connector on the power supply 3-pin, still the connector of this wire can be connected. In general, I always do that. This is one and a half meters, so that in total from the outlet of a meter by 2.5 - 3 you can move. The power supply itself is very small, it fits easily in the palm of your hand. In addition, it is quite thin. Of course, the size is not the same as that of smartphones, but its power is much more, it should be taken into account. The battery power of this laptop is one of the highest among similar devices, so a very small unit will not pull it out. neither the size nor the weight of the block bothers me.

--------------------
kitigin
Message#6
13.04.13, 11:31
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 11

rn9fal @ 04/11/2013, 19:57*
Although the connector on the power supply 3-pin, still the connector of this wire can be connected.

It is possible in more detail, if not difficult with the photo ...

Yesterday I became the owner of this wonderful device. sensations are the most pleasant!
rn9fal
Message#7
13.04.13, 22:10
Local
[offline]

Messages 327

It is possible in more detail, if not difficult with the photo ... Yesterday I became the owner of this wonderful device. sensations are the most pleasant!

Yes of course
You can clearly see how the cable is connected
Attached Image
Attached Image

Here you can see the cable connector, and if you pay attention, you can see that on one side with a knife I deepened the cutout between the contacts. If this is not done, then connect the cable will not work.
There are no problems, the revision takes no more than 30 seconds.
Attached Image

Congratulations on your purchase. I am sure that the device will only please. Now it is rare to find such high-quality things.

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 15.04.13, 08:42
Reason for editing: [/ SPOILER].

--------------------
kitigin
Message#8
14.04.13, 06:43
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 11

Thank! If I buy a cable, I will do the same.
rn9fal
Message#9
17.04.13, 19:33
Local
[offline]

Messages 327

Here I found a small charger for himhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Genuine-O...=item2ec71c63f2You can tell the size of no more than smarts.

Post has been editedrn9fal - 17.04.13, 19:33

--------------------
kitigin
Message#10
18.04.13, 06:27
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 11

Already made according to your model, just found the necessary lace strap 50cm long. It turned out great, thanks!
On ebee charging seems like the original, it is worth thinking. True, given the problems in the mail of Russia, it will go a couple of months.
Chevy
Message#11
18.04.13, 15:52
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1214
Check in: 15.11.09

I was thinking about buying, spit in my hands ... I did not take it.
1. Great weight. While the device is at home on the table - everything is fine. But if there are several air flights a day and all this time you need to carry 1.5 kg with a piece of metal with you. very felt on the shoulder.
2. Thickness - 2 cm for a gadget is a lot! If the owner of this model - the first ultrabook, then fine. However, after the Acer S7, I looked at Dell with sadness ...
kitigin
Message#12
18.04.13, 15:56
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 11

With smaller sizes, in any case there will be one or another concession on iron. If for these purposes these concessions are not critical, then of course ...
rn9fal
Message#13
20.04.13, 19:17
Local
[offline]

Messages 327

Shevi @ 04/18/2013, 18:52*
I was thinking about buying, spit in my hands ... I did not take it. Great weight. While the device is at home on the table - everything is fine. But if there are several air flights a day and all this time you need to carry 1.5 kg with a piece of metal with you. very felt on the shoulder. Thickness - 2 cm for a gadget is a lot! If the owner of this model - the first ultrabook, then fine. However, after the Acer S7, I looked at Dell with sadness ...

I also started by considering the S7 as an applicant. Unfortunately, with its advantages - less weight and less thickness, it clearly loses in usability. S7, this is just a laptop, equipped personally for me with an absolutely incomprehensible opening mechanism of 180 degrees - I could not find an application for such a mode, no matter how hard I tried. The Dell XPS 12 is a universal device that is equally convenient both as a laptop and as a tablet. It is clear that in your case weight matters, but for me, for example, usability is more important. What I can’t understand is the reasons for sadness when looking at Dell - the stuffing, materials, workmanship, usability ... everything unconditionally gives it a premium segment device. I do not touch the status of the brand. So what is the reason for sadness?

--------------------
rn9fal
Message#14
24.04.13, 09:59
Local
[offline]

Messages 327

A very interesting article appeared -overviewthis gadget. Well shown the internal contents of the laptop.
I also had an interesting question: is it possible to use active pen with XPS 12? System information shows that the device is in use.Atmel maXTouch controller.Inquiring into question, we managed to find out that Atmel offers its own technology, different from Wacom, and that Atmel has its own active pen.Atmel maXStylus mXTS100. It also has a high resolution (0.25mm), 256 levels of pressure sensitivity and a diameter of 1mm. Atmel technology is simpler and cheaper than Wacom technology. It was also possible to find information that the same controller from Atmelused in Galaxy NOTE devicesSamsung company. Things are easy - you need to find the opportunity to try the active stylus from NOTE, and the styluses of other companies (not Wacom). Of course there are universalhigh resolution stylusesand even a brushSensu brushfor drawing, but Samsung styluses are more accessible and familiar. Find the original stylus from Atmel (whether it differs from the NOTE stylus is not yet clear) has not yet succeeded.

--------------------
kiyKiy
Message#15
17.06.13, 16:15
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 39
Check in: 02.06.10
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100

I checked that the pen from note2 does not work with it. The screen is good, there are enough batteries for 4 hours in the internet for Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi is very good at catching. In tablet mode, heavy
Dr. Vadim
Message#16
22.06.13, 08:28
Local
[offline]

Messages 147
Check in: 08.11.05
Huawei MediaPad X1 7.0

How much memory is available from 128 for a user?

--------------------
We are on the hook at Apple! Bought the best phone 6.8 inches: Huawei P8 Max. Very comfortable!
Ipad air 2 + DELL XPS DUO 12. was: Huawei MedeaPad X1 7.0, Acer E101 + Asus Eee PC T101MT, Samsung note2
kiyKiy
Message#17
24.06.13, 08:20
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 39
Check in: 02.06.10
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100

I have 221 with 256
Dr. Vadim
Message#18
26.06.13, 00:27
Local
[offline]

Messages 147
Huawei MediaPad X1 7.0

I bought a laptop. 100 GB available. 74 GB free. Is it possible with the help of prog actronics like, I do not remember the exact name. to increase memory without reinstalling Windows?

--------------------
We are on the hook at Apple! Bought the best phone 6.8 inches: Huawei P8 Max. Very comfortable!
Ipad air 2 + DELL XPS DUO 12. was: Huawei MedeaPad X1 7.0, Acer E101 + Asus Eee PC T101MT, Samsung note2
Shoore
Message#19
26.06.13, 01:48
Guru
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 17916
Check in: 10.04.10
Samsung Galaxy Note9 Exynos

Dr. VadimI do not know what you call "memory", but here's an approximate wayWindows 7 - FAQ (Post # 6028206)
Dr. Vadim
Message#20
26.06.13, 09:30
Local
[offline]

Messages 147
Huawei MediaPad X1 7.0

The hard disk is only 128, 100 is available. Can I return the remaining ones (28 probably for backup)? Is it worth trying?
2. Is something unnecessary installed on the laptop from the programs that can be removed?

Post has been editedDr. Vadim - 26.06.13, 09:59

--------------------
selynex
Message#21
27.06.13, 09:02
a guest
[offline]

Messages 1
Check in: 27.06.13
Asus eee slate b121

Good laptop with well-thought-out design. Expensive, true, but it's Dell. And in the tablet mode, the device turns out to be a bit heavy, but these are nuances. But reliable!
DELL

3 pagesV  1 2 3 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/01/19 05:27