> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Ainol Novo 7 Crystal 2 - Discussion | Tablet, 7 "

Rep: (161)
DiscussionAinol Novo 7 Crystal 2
PictureAinol Novo 7 Crystal Quad Core
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Firmware
  • Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.
Photos, description and characteristics of the device
Photo
Description
  • Ainol NOVO 7 Crystal 2 is an updated version of Ainol Crystal. The tablet is equipped with a quad-core processor Actions ATM7029 1.2GHz with each core and integrated graphics core Vivante GC1000 + . Ainol NOVO 7 Crystal 2 is able to play 1080p Full HD high-definition video and has a front 0.3 megapixel camera for photo, video and video conferencing.
  • New has1 GB DDR3 RAM - This allows the tablet to cope with the launch and simultaneous operation of numerous tasks and applications, without loss in speed and performance. In addition, it allows the processed data to be processed faster, that is, 3D-games work much better than ever!
  • NOVO 7 Crystal 2 has a touch7 inch MVAHigh resolution TFT display 1024 x 600 pixels and an overview of all angles. Capacitive screen multitouch technology supports up to 5 simultaneous touch points . Thanks to the responsive sensor, games and web pages react extremely quickly to your touch. With Crystal 2 it is convenient to read, watch movies and browse the web.
  • The webcam on Ainol NOVO 7 Crystal supports photo, video shooting, and newsgroups. Thanks to the support of external 3G modems and built-in Wi-Fi module, you can communicate via Skype anywhere and anytime.
  • Ainol NOVO 7 Crystal 2 runs on battery with capacity3700 mAh With special technology for longer service life. DVFS and Smart MPU functions are dynamically regulated power. Thanks to this, the tablet works:
    • - In Internet surfing mode: ~ 7 hours,
    • - In the video playback mode from 5 to 7 hours,
    • - In 3D gaming mode: ~ 6 hours,
    • - In the audio playback mode: 12 - 15 hours.
  • Ainol NOVO 7 Crystal 2supports 1080p Full HD resolution , as well as other HD formats and more than 20 file formats, such as MKV, AVI, RM, FLV, WMV. Ainol Crystal supports EXFAT, NTFS, FAT32 and multi-partionned disk drives, so you can play video files larger than 4 GB. Also tablet has HDMI port . The tablet automatically recognizes HD TV and video output to the TV. It reproduces all functions on the tablet and TV. When Ainol NOVO 7 Crystal plays HD video, the tablet screen automatically goes out. Another amazing feature is that you can play 3D games using the tablet as a joystick.
  • Ainol NOVO 7 Crystal 2 supports WiFi standard 802.1 B / G / N, and also supports external 3G modems. List of supported 3G modems:
    • - CDMA: Huawei E353 Huawei E261 Huawei E1750 ZTE MF110 ZTE MF190
    • - GSM: Huawei EC122 Huawei EC189 Huawei EC167 Huawei EC150 Huawei EC156 Huawei EC1261
  • It is also possible to connect other modems (this is a small list of tested ones)
  • Google Market (Google Play) is already pre-installed on the tablet. You can access and download more than 400.000 applications directly from your NOVO 7 Crystal 2.
  • Tablet dimensions are:189.3 x 120.9 x 11.2 mm . Weight Ainol Crystal 2 - 326g
A source
Specifications
  • Display size - 7 "
  • Display resolution - 1024x600
  • Type of touch screen - capacitive
  • Screen sheeting - plastic + factory film
  • Multitouch - is, up to 5 touches
  • Automatic screen orientation - there is
  • Light sensor - no
  • Processor Type - ATM 7029 Quad Core (Quad Core) - 1.2GHz
  • Processor Frequency - 1.2GHz x 4
  • Video accelerator type - Vivante GC1000 Plus - dual-core
  • The size of RAM - 1024MB DDR3
  • Built-in Memory Size - 8GB Nandflash
  • Operating system - Android 4.1, 4.2.2
  • Accelerometer - is
  • Wi-Fi - 802.11 a / b / g / n
  • Bluetooth is not
  • GPS / GLONASS - no
  • GSM / GPRS - no
  • 3G - External adapter support
  • Front Camera - 0.3MP
  • Built-in speaker - is, mono
  • Built-in microphone - there is
  • Memory Card Support - MicroSD (HC) up to 32 (64) GB
  • USB computer connection - Micro USB
  • Inputs / Outputs - 3.5mm stereo headphone output, USB OTG, HDMI
  • Battery capacity - 3700 mA / h
  • Battery life - up to 15 hours of music, 5-7 hours of video
  • Weight - 335 g
  • Width - 120 mm.
  • Height / Thickness - 11.2 mm.
  • Length - 189 mm.
Mini FAQ
Q : Why do I show 687 MB of RAM instead of the indicated 1 GB?
A : The remaining memory is used for system applications and the system itself.

Q : Why does my internal memory show not 8 GB, but 5.6 GB?
A : The remaining volume of 8 GB is the system.

Q : Why do some heavy games slow down?
A : Some games are poorly optimized for the Vivante GC1000 processor. You must try another cache, or wait for a solution.

Q : Cache for which video chip is suitable for Vivante GC1000?
A : Sometimes cache from Tegra 2 and Mali-400.

Q : Does the tablet support 3G modems?
A : Yes. For a list of officially supported modems, see Settings ->Still ->3G Support List

Q : There are problems with flashing the device on Windows 8.
A : Ainol Novo7 Venus - Discussion (Post # 23234606)

Q : How to add / remove onscreen volume and screenshot buttons?
A : Ainol Novo 7 Crystal 2 - Discussion (Post # 23539936)

Q : How to remove Chinese programs from the tablet?
A : Ainol Novo 7 Crystal 2 - Discussion (Post # 22130533)
A : Reflash the tablet without VENDOR_APP (uncheck this item in the flasher window).

Q : The "Multimedia" process (android.process.media) heavily loads the processor.
A : Ainol Novo7 Venus - Discussion

Q : What should I do if my 3G modem is not in the list supported by the device?
A : Ainol Novo 7 Crystal 2 - Discussion

Q : I'm tired of the creak and the strong heating of the device and I straight lines arms.
A : Ainol Novo 7 Crystal 2 - Discussion

Q : How to replace the internal flash-memory of the tablet with a memory card?
A : Ainol Novo 7 Crystal 2 - Discussion (Post # 22806735)

Q : How to make it so thatstandardbrowser pages always opened in full size (like on a PC)
A : Ellipsis in the corner - Settings - Advanced - user agent -desktop
Ellipsis in the corner - Settings - Advanced - Mobile view -uncheck.

Q : Why does the tablet processor in various monitoring programs have a maximum frequency of 1.08 GHz instead of the “factory” 1.2 GHz?
A : The frequency limit is caused by processor overheating at higher frequencies. To get around the limitation, read this post - Ainol Novo 7 Crystal 2 - Discussion (Post # 24275726)
A : There is also an easier way to remove this limitation without third-party software. It is enough to enter 1 instead of 0 in the boost file, which is located in / sys / devices / system / cpu / cpufreq / user /. Thank user Medved_100500

Q : How to find out what type of matrix is ​​installed in my device (MVA or TN-TFT)?
A : It is necessary to disassemble the tablet and see the marking of the display cable. If this code is available HJ070NA-13A then installed panel TFT-TN

Q : How to make so that instead of a bootscreen with hieroglyphs there was a stanart iridescent inscription "android"?
A : Ainol Novo 7 Crystal 2 - Discussion (Post # 24359971)
Games
Tested by users on this device, 100% working
Extended list of (semi-) supported gameshere
Comment:
deaddog2 @ 08/19/2013, 23:57*
By the way, games from the hero theme are not correctly set.
They are set to boot but the sensor grid is offset.
Reviews
The shops
Instructions

!!! Chainfire3D program installed on this tablet strictlyNot recommended!!!

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).

Post has been editedSergey_Ace - 13.10.16, 23:13
Reason for editing: Tablet recovery

Rep: (1)
Damn the people, how much can be the same to exaggerate.

1. YES GO powerful games on it , go! Look at the topic of Venus, absolutely the same stuffing and play there everything that is played.

2. SCREEN 100% TN , I asked before buying from the seller, he immediately answered honestly that the MVA didn’t smell there. But TN is quite bright here, the viewing angles are good on 3 sides, the distortion is only from the bottom.

Post has been editedSp1atter - 25.04.13, 21:23

Rep: (54)
The question is for those who have the device on hand. How is the battery?

I have a Pipo M1 9.7 "8000mph.
At the backlight level of 0-10%, the sound is 20-30% when surfing the Internet, reading, classmates, games like chess, birds, with music, with constantly on Wi-Fi, it keeps at least 7.5 hours, or even 8.5-9.
On Nidforspid_mostvanted with the backlight and the volume of 50% played for more than 4 hours and still left to surf for 2 hours.
In sleep mode for a day discharge at 1-2%.

Tell us how here with autonomy. For me, this is more important than the processor, brightness, volume ...

Rep: (12)
solim- @ 04/26/2013, 12:20*
The question is for those who have the device on hand. How is the battery?

With the battery, everything is just fine. With 50% of the backlight and permanently on Wi-Fi 10-12 hours, of which there are 4 games (mostly real racing 3), very frequent internet (the small one often climbs into the playmarket, puts igruhi, and after 10 minutes it blows, and so on) . The sound is somewhere around 30-40%. Maybe more to keep, but I put it on charge for 20-15% (it turns out just for the night). That is, on average, such a mode took off in the morning (at 8 o'clock), and at 22-23 I put it on charge.

Rep: (1)
After a week of tests I will sum up small results:
1. There is enough battery for smart use for 10 hours (2 hours for a bird, a couple of videos for YouTube, the rest is an Internet and a reader, the brightness is at least). Full charge tablet took nearly 3 hours. After watching the full movie, the battery dropped from 100% to 83% theoretically, you can still see 3, but I think this only theoretically on holidays.
2. Games go from those that checked everything went, but did not put heavy ones with the cache.
3. Wai-Fi works confidently but is very sensitive to the walls. I had a rover speed of 7+ so he caught 2 rooms from a point on the balcony (although he also has an antenna not a fountain) the crystal constantly loses a signal in that place.
4. Matrix is ​​a question that worries everyone here; I myself do calibration of monitors by the nature of my activity, and it feels like MVA. The resolution for 7 "is optimal. If someone prompts the software to check the type of the matrix, I will check and write it off.
5. The creak in the corner, where the volume rocker increased (I wrote about it earlier), I think to make out and see what can be done.
6. Vibro is very tough - chopped off.
7. The wife complains that she is warming strongly on the left, but I would not say that.

Rep: (14)
Andriy Kyshchun @ 04/26/2013, 3:30 PM*
If someone prompts the software to check the type of the matrix - I will check and write it off.

There is a reliable way - to disassemble the tablet and see the code on the loop.
The owner of the tablet (from a foreign forum) - HJ070NA-13A
And this is the TN matrixhttp://www.panelook.com/HJ070NA-13A_Chimei...eter_18537.html

Rep: (20)
Luk @ sh @ 26.4.2013, 21:26*
There is a reliable way - to disassemble the tablet and see the code on the loop.
The owner of the tablet (from a foreign forum) - HJ070NA-13A
And this is the TN matrixhttp://www.panelook.com/HJ070NA-13A_Chimei...eter_18537.html

And if you try through the Android Terminal Emulator. Enter dmesg command
and find the line in the received information Panel Type = PANEL_ID_PYD4 and compare who has what is written after PYD4. This is in smartphones as for tablets I don’t know. But TN and MVA can not be with the same label.

Post has been editedDIESELSMART - 26.04.13, 17:44

Rep: (3)
Tell me how to flash a tablet and are there any other firmware for this tablet without Chinese software, etc.?

Rep: (112)
Does anyone know how it is possible to install clockworkmode on it?))

Rep: (265)
petermurzin
Files uBoot.bin and uImage_Recovery root micro sd throw.

prorok3895 And where to get them? You can throw a link?))
Oh yeah, and also, I read that in order to swap the memory card and internal memory, you need to edit the voib file in which they are ... So I opened it in the root explorer, provide a screen

http://radikal.ru/F/s020.radikal.ru/i711/1...4fd7b5.jpg.html

and can you tell me exactly where to swap places? I’m just afraid to screw up and then it finally will not start ...

Rep: (2)
The internal memory (8 GB) and USB flash drive (32 GB) can be swapped by editing the voib file. really need to do it carefully! For the first time, I screwed something up there so that the tablet didn’t see any memory at all: happy:
You need to open the file in a text editor and swap sd-ext and sdcard.
Pre-make a copy of the original file!

Post has been editederror4071 - 02.05.13, 15:45

error4071
Well, I’m afraid of that, can you help me? Here’s the screen of this stupid file once again)))
http://radikal-foto.ru/F/s020.radikal.ru/i...1051a4fd7b5.jpg
That's exactly where you need to change places, please tell me, but rather throw off your already edited, if not difficult, of course ...

I did so. But I warn you, I did without instructions and do not know how it will work for you.
Changed the bottom section that starts with '' for gs702a ''
Attached Image

Post has been editedkaslivtsev - 18.08.13, 17:09

error4071 Oh, thank you very much, I will definitely try ... I’m going to get together with the spirit)) So you need to save the original file and in case something happens, just replace it? And you don’t need to upgrade it? ? Sorry for such questions, I would not be soared to have a reconnaissance installed, and there are no alternative firmwares, and a guarantee too ...

I hope you will succeed: happy :! Good luck to you!
Yes, if something goes wrong, you will need to be replaced. I forgot to say, save the copy in the internal memory, and edit it ... well ... for example in RootExplorer. You do not need to reflash.
I did not copy anything, since during the operation, there was nothing on the tablet except standard prog. You can then use the Settings-Applications menu to move all files to the flash card.

Owners no one tried to put a 64gb memory card in a tablet? In the topic of Venus they write that they are pulling, and this one should probably.

Rep: (82)
DIESELSMART @ 05/03/2013 08:11*
Owners no one tried to put a 64gb memory card in a tablet?

It must be bought, hammered by the tablet itself, re-read / write everything down - to be sure that there are no lags - only then will the answer be. Personally, I have all stalled on the first paragraph :)

Zveris @ 3.5.2013, 16:46*
It must be bought, hammered by the tablet itself, re-read / write everything down - to be sure that there are no lags - only then will the answer be. Personally, I have all stalled on the first paragraph :)

Ie did not buy because of the risk that it will not work normally or because of the price? I have the opportunity to buy an order for 64gb it is only $ 5 more expensive than 32gb. Both cards are 10 class.

Rep: (24)
I read a lot of information, but I did not find the answer, or comparison in the photo of the screen with other devices.
Question: Is it black, pure black or bluish? And white color is warm or cold?

Rep: (65)
Owners nobody tried to put on a tablet GTA 3 or GTA Vice City?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07.16.19, 01:07