Huawei E3131 (MTS 420S, 420D, Megaphone M21-1) - Discussion | Discussion of the wireless modem Huawei E3131

Rep: (1213)
DiscussionHuawei E3131 (MTS 420S, 420D, Megaphone M21-1)
Discussion | Firmware

Specifications
  • Device Type: modem
  • Network:
    • CDMA, GSM, GPRS, EDGE, 3G, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA +
    • GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    • UMTS 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
  • Compatible memory cards: microSD (up to 32 GB)
  • Connectors: CRC9 (Connector for an external antenna)
  • Dimensions: 85.4 x 27 x 12.45 mm.
  • Weight: 30 g
AT commands
  • AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 1,16,3,2, A1, A2" - (Set default configuration)
  • AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 1,2,3,16, A1, A2" - (mode for operating a modem with Android 4.0 (sometimes it works))
  • AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 1,16,3,2" - (device in the modem + network card mode)
  • AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 1,3,2, A2" - (device in the modem + Card Reader mode)
  • AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 1,3,2" - (device in the modem only mode)
  • AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 2.16" - (device in the "network card" mode)
  • AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 2.16, A1" - (device in the "network card + CD-ROM" mode)
  • AT ^ SETPORT = "FF; 1,2" - completely disables cd-rom and flash.
Major modifications Huawei E3131.
  • E3131h Hardware Version: CH1E3531SM
  • E3131i Hardware Version: CU1E3131IM
  • E3131s Hardware Version: CH2E303SM

• Different iron =>Different firmware
  • Miscellaneous unlock codes:
    • v201 - for E3131h and E3131i
    • v2 - for E3131s
Necessary information for help.
  • Which one Operating system .
  • Screenshot, or text in the log code fromDC-Unlocker .
  • ScreenshotDevice Manager with deployed:
    1. DVD and CD drives
    2. Disk devices
    3. USB controllers
    4. Modems
    5. Ports (COM and LPT)
    6. Network adapters
Unlock modem. Recovery attempts to enter.
COPY(with a small edition). ORIGINAL.
UNLOCKING MODEM:
As usual, modems from cellular operators are delivered blocked - they can work only with SIM cards of this operator. The list of plmn-codes allowed for use can be viewed with the commandat ^ simlock? .
Of course, this situation does not suit us - we want, having bought a modem, to use it with any sim card. For this, the manufacturer laid the opportunity to unlock the modem. This is done by entering the unlock code (nlock code ), calculated by a special tricky algorithm from the IMEI modem.
Calculator to calculate codes can be downloaded here (there are versions for windows and linux).
To unlock, follow these steps :
- Calculate the unlock code using the above calculator. Of all the codes it calculates, the code is used. v201 or code v2 .
- Insert someone else's sim card into the modem (sim card of another cellular provider, not the one who sold you the modem).
- Connect the modem to the computer.
Further, the control program (for stick-modems) or the web interface (for hilink-modems) will ask for the unlock code, which must be entered. All - the modem is unlocked and will work with any sim card.
In addition to entering the code through the program and the web interface, you can also enter it via the AT command. This is especially true for stick-modems under linux.
The team looks like this:
at ^ cardlock = "unlock code" - code is used v201 or code v2

RECOVERY ATTEMPTS:
The number of attempts to enter the code is limited10 attempts . If the wrong code was entered 10 times, the modem blocks further attempts - more, the at ^ cardlock command will not unblock it, even if you enter it with the correct code. If you still managed to exhaust all input attempts, that's okay - they are easy to recover.
This is done by such teams.:
at ^ datalock = "unlock code" - code is used v201 or code v2
at ^ maxlcktms = 10
10 is the new number of attempts (you can enter any number from 1 before 255 ). You can then enter the command at ^ cardlock with the correct code and unlock the modem.

Total:
consistently enter AT commands from top to bottom:
at ^ datalock = "NCK code" - code is used v201 or code v2
at ^ maxlcktms = 10 - you can enter any number from 1 before 255
#
at ^ cardlock = "NCK code" - code is used v201 or code v2

Attention!!! Huawei modem E3131 Beeline with firmware 21.157.31.00.161 - the code does not unlock. It can be unlocked by this (21.158.00.00.1020) firmware. Thank you so much Kulibin y

useful links

If something is not found in this topic, then look at the topicHuawei E3131 firmware (MTS 420S, 420D, Megaphone M21-1)

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 14.11.19, 22:51
Reason for editing: tear off the external antenna connector - restoration

Rep: (0)
Hi, I can’t pair the GU in the car with a whistle, the VINSE system just does not see it, it seems to me that because of the incorrect AT command, the modem is not switched to only modem mode, who will tell you the correct command?

Same problem. Did you find an answer?

Rep: (1148)
alchaika,
Inspire,
AT commands for the Huawei E3131 modem
AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 1,16,3,2, A1, A2" - (Set default configuration)
AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 1,2,3,16, A1, A2" - (mode for operating a modem with Android 4.0 (sometimes it works))
AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 1,16,3,2" - (device in the modem + network card mode)
AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 1,3,2, A2" - (device in the modem + Card Reader mode)
AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 1,3,2" - (device in the modem only mode)
AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 2.16" - (device in the "network card" mode)
AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 2.16, A1" - (device in the "network card + CD-ROM" mode)
a source:AT commands for Huawei modems

Post has been editedrash_b - 12.04.13, 05:56

Rep: (24)
Who, what, knows about him and with what his<are eating>, tell, discuss.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Defined as E3131.
Firmware 21.157.41.00.143

It just breaks without dancing with a tambourine. : rolleyes:Attached filemy modem is e3131.txt(1.15 KB)

Post has been editedsvm - 21.07.13, 23:51
Reason for editing: combined

This model does not need to be flashed to unlock! just get the unlock code in the topic on the forum:Here you can get device unlock codes for FREE.

Rep: (24)
With a new bug it works faster, holds a weak connection more steadily.

Post has been editedwaleryx - 06.05.13, 18:52

A similar problem .. But! In win7 first determine how to correctly set the composite device with built-in cd firewood, put the "modem only" (says ^ GETPORTMODE: TYPE: WCDMA: huawei, MDM: 0, DIAG: 1, PCUI: 2). Then in w7 sees two com (type all ok) modem port. BUT: The State (CE 6.0) to the host USB - silence (not determined a new device), on port State for flash drives sees this device as the sd, in WIN XP is defined as a composite device, see SD and CD-ROM, modem no (clear firewood not :))! Offers to run the wood from Beeline c virtual cd-rom (as it and be something should not!), The modem will appear after the inspiration for the vision in XP, (and again asserts that negno only mode modem!) And a virtual cd-rom disappeared, but it It does not solve the basic problem in the CE. Help who than can .. :)

Total:
After the demolition of wood Beeline - again composite device, cd-rom + SD: (ie: regardless of the modem configuration on an XP system, (WIN7 like a little differently) without firewood device is defined as a composite device, regardless of the used commands from the post # 3, if the wood has - at the teams submits, if the wood is not - automatically defined as a composite, regardless of what shows getportmode, and for the Council of Europe is unacceptable, ie there is a device in general is not defined -.. probably need additional modem commands. and other dances with a tambourine IMHO. Help someone than it .. :)

Post has been editedsvm - 21.07.13, 22:41
Reason for editing: combined

Rep: (6)
bbv1 @ 05/21/2013, 11:37*
Help who than can ..

Huawei E3131 - turn off Hi-Link mode and switch to modem mode

To disable the modeHi-linkon the modemHuawei E3131 go to
http://192.168.1.1/html/switchProjectMode.html

The modem reboots and two serial interfaces appear.
And then enter the following command in the modem in the console:
AT ^ U2DIAG = 0

If this is successful, he will respondOk.
To return to modeHi-link- send the following command:
AT ^ U2DIAG = 119

The modem requires disconnecting and reconnecting for the changes to take effect.
Working in modem mode, it will change its Prod ID and will look like this (in lsusb):
Bus 001 Device 082: ID 12d1: 1c05 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. E173s 3G broadband stick (modem on)

If you do not have a virtual terminal, it is created when you insert the device.
From there, you can already type in the console, such as in / dev / ttyUSB0:
echo "12d1 1c05"> / sys / bus / usb serial / drivers / option1 / new_id

Huawei E3131 - Disabling HiLink and turning into a dialup modem
Huawei E3131 - Disabling HiLink and turning into a dialup modem

I have been trying to retain my HiLink and reverting my new
Huawei E3131 dongles back to dialup modem based operation of previous dongles.
First step is to enable the serial console. Visit the following webpage
http://192.168.1.1/html/switchProjectMode.html

The modem will now be a rest of the serial interface.
If you are using a baud rate of 9600bps for example, use a terminal client of your choice.
I used minicom, which is available in most distros repos. And type the modem the following command.
AT ^ U2DIAG = 0

If this is a success.
Function in modem mode when plugged in.
To restore its HiLink functionality. Do the same and send the following command instead.
AT ^ U2DIAG = 119

Once the device has had its mode changed in this way.
It requires removing and plugging back in to take effect.
ID and it should look like this (lsusb)
Bus 001 Device 082: ID 12d1: 1c05 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. E173s 3G broadband stick (modem on)

If you don’t have a virtual connection.
It follows
echo "12d1 1c05"> / sys / bus / usb serial / drivers / option1 / new_id

From there you can dial out as accustomed using the first created virtual tty. eg, / dev / ttyUSB0

Huawei E3131 / E3231 & Hi-Link ;)

I do not have a router, sohttp://192.168.1.1/html/switchProjectMode.htmlI don’t understand what Hi-link mode is I don’t understand .. Once again: firewood is installed from the beeline, the modem is switched to modem only mode (AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 1,3,2" command from post 3), confirms its new mode ^ GETPORTMODE: TYPE: WCDMA: huawei, MDM: 0, DIAG: 1, PCUI: 2, but after the removal of firewood when stuck, it is again defined as a modem + CD + SD, which does not suit ...

Rep: (5)
I bought the E3131-Beeline in the office. I installed the firmware E3131Update_21.158.00.00.1020.B757 (initially 21.157.31.00.161) and unlocked it. I pushed the SIM from MTS. The program (of) did not find the SIM, then I read that I need to update DashBoard. Updated and now he does not see the modem at all: lol: (Modem CD-ROM only)
How to recover?

den621
on which dashboard updated?
get the software update for the modem from the off site of MTS under win 8 and everything will work for you

on which dashboard updated?
get the software update for the modem from the off site of MTS under win 8 and everything will work for you

Updated ON "Huawei modem plus"
If it’s not difficult to specify a link (not found), and even if you try to determine the dc-unlock modem or other programs, it is not detected.

program to update the port do not find

Post has been editedden621 - 25.05.13, 17:19

den621
MTS Connect Manager with windows 8 support 21.003.28.46.143

Rep: (48)
I use a couple of days, conclusions:
-Connect Manager for speed cheats 2 times
-maximum achieved stable speed of 7-9 mb / s (same as Nokia x2-03, under the same conditions)
-Convenient for PC calls
- Compatible with Eight
-Firmware from the off site of the pay did not get up (repeated software reinstallation)
-the ability to connect an external antenna (has a separate plug)

I need to make E3131 friends with WinCe (x.x). They wrote to make friends go to the modem website (http://192.168.1.1/html/switchProjectMode.html)
and transfer to another mode.How to go there?I tried to log in when the modem is connected (there are firewood), it says the Internet is unavailable, it goes into the Internet for a very long time but it says Getaway out (Google is chrome)

Post has been editedden621 - 08.06.13, 01:05

den621
AT team for Huawei E3131
your modem is NOT Hilink; you don’t need to go to the specified address for it.
just apply at command

Rash_b @ 06/08/2013, 09:00*
apply at command

What kind ?
These do not help
AT commands for the Huawei E3131 modem
  • AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 1,16,3,2, A1, A2" - (Set default configuration)
  • AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 1,2,3,16, A1, A2" - (mode for operating a modem with Android 4.0 (sometimes it works))
  • AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 1,16,3,2" - (device in the modem + network card mode)
  • AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 1,3,2, A2" - (device in the modem + Card Reader mode)
  • AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 1,3,2" - (device in the modem only mode)
  • AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 2.16" - (device in the "network card" mode)
  • AT ^ SETPORT = "A1, A2; 2.16, A1" - (device in the "network card + CD-ROM" mode)

and on this
  • AT ^ U2DIAG = 0 Transfer the modem from Hilink mode to com port mode
  • AT ^ U2DIAG = 119 Reset

writes ERROR or + CME 25 ERROR

Has anyone managed to connect it to the tablet? I’m fighting for the second day ....

Good day to all. There is Huawei E3131 (420D) from MTS, I want to buy a stationary Wi-Fi router for it, but I can not find anything anywhere which routers support it. I wanted to take ZyXEL Keenetic 4G, there is an impressive list of supported modems, but there is exactly E3131, technical support also did not confirm that it would work.
If there are users of this device with a router, share pliz.

Rep: (21)
I tried with a mobile HAMA router with ebay, the one that is using the battery, 100% worked.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 28/02/20, 4:45