Choosing an external battery (powerbank) for a smartphone, tablet, laptop | We advise, we share experience

Rep: (44)
Choosing an external battery (powerbank) for a smartphone, tablet, laptop

Attached Image

A few tips before buying
Buy only original devices,
Get information about the device on the Internet,
Inspect the battery externally for defects,
If you buy abroad (Aliexpress, Ebay) read reviews
List of verified sellers
How to check the device for authenticity
Xiaomi
The verification code is under the sticker on the box, erased with a coin!!!
Authentication with regular captcha
How to check originality, if on the official site captcha with hieroglyphs
Reviews and Unpacking
Useful

Mini FaQ
1. Manufacturers indicate the capacity of banks in accordance with the capacity of batteries installed in the device. This technique is generally accepted.
2. When assessing the capacity of a bank, losses must be taken into account. For example, for the most common use case of a bank for charging a device’s battery, the following losses occur:
- loss when converting from 3.7 V battery to 5 V output voltage in the bank;
- loss when converting from 5 V input voltage to 4.2 V charging voltage in the charged device;
- losses in the rechargeable battery.
Considering the efficiency of each section of 0.9, we obtain the total efficiency of 0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 = 0.73. This figure is approximate and depends on many reasons, in particular, the charge mode. The manufacturer cannot fundamentally indicate this number - in fact, 2 of the 3 stages are not held in a crib, but in a load. And nowhere is it indicated that it is necessary to measure taking into account losses in the consumer - for example, if you connect an LED lamp to the bank - only the conversion loss of 5 V will remain, and, accordingly, the total efficiency will be 0.9 or even more.
3. Sometimes another value of capacity is written on the banks - capacity in terms of an output voltage of 5 V. Theoretically, this is more correct - after all, the device produces most often 5 V, but in practice it only causes confusion.
Firstly, because this figure is obtained by formal multiplication of the battery capacity by the voltage difference 3.7 / 5 = 0.74 without taking into account the efficiency, which can vary.
Secondly, the fact that the coefficient obtained is close to that obtained in Section 2 is nothing more than a coincidence, and the output voltage may not be 5 V ...
It is easier to explain with an example: Pipo and Cube tablets have batteries of the same capacity, but Cube charges from 5 V, and Pipo charges from 9 V (my bank gives 5, 9 and 12 volts).
So, when charging Pipo, the capacity of a bank must be multiplied by 3.7 / 9 = 0.41 and, accordingly, will the bank be enough for a smaller number of charges? No, 5 and 9 volts are just intermediate values, but energy is still described in item 2 - both at Cube and Pipo, the bank will provide the same number of charges (at Pipo, even slightly more - 9 V loss less)
4. All these figures are approximate - the parameters and conversion efficiency depend on the mode, and even when charging devices, the output capacity will be different depending on whether the tablet is charged with a 2A charge current or a phone with a 0.5A charge current. other devices - not the only use !!!
5. Unforgettable about the temperature mode of operation - from 0 to +40 РЎ0.
At low temperatures, even lower than 0 РЎ0, the battery self-discharge increases by several times, i.e. If you carry it in the cold in a bag, then at the most crucial moment you can get a discharged battery. Also, when cooled, the battery capacity and its life are very significantly reduced. If it is possible, do not freeze the battery !!!

Real capacity of banks.

Be mutually polite! It’s customary at our forum to say "Thank you" by increasing reputation by clicking on the buttonAttached Image
If you have less than 15 messages, click on the button.Attached Image(under reputation) and let us know who helped you, whom to put "+".

Topics Curatorslava_ussr
The curator of the topic is a full representative of the administration of the forum!

The cap is in the process of replenishment.

Post has been editedslava_ussr - 23.04.19, 19:17
Reason for editing: Test review of the VQ8 KIT Power Bank at 8x18650 PD3.0 QC3.0

Rep: (1)
And how to charge it from the network? The photo shows one cord, and the plug is not visible. Do you need to buy a power plug separately? Does the kit include various adapters?

Charging should come from most laptops.

Rep: (108)
Power supply units from laptops are really suitable, but each has its own charging plug, and the charger has a standardized connector 2.1 x 5.5 mm, you will have to partially solder the power supply unit wire so that you can quickly change the plugs on it

Rep: (2)
avglushkov
What do you thinkthis box? Are there any differences from the bun?

here is the test of this box
http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%20USB%2...0Aili%20UK.html
briefly summarize:
acceptable efficiency of about 85% (in the bag 90-92%)
output current withstands up to 1.9 A (for a bag up to 2.4 A)

charges the banks quickly but not neatly, from the very start gives the maximum current of about 1.6A although for a capacity of 10 Ah this is actually a meager current
in the end, it stops charging earlier than it should have been, as a result, banks are 5–10% undercharged, while the coolook is at the end of the charge, it adds energy to small currents which gives a charge of almost 98-100% of the theoretically possible

price difference of 100 rubles - the savings are not significant
after I had bought a bag in my hands, I don’t even want to look at other enclosures, and with one type of built-in flashlight, there is already a feeling of disgust

in other words, the body under the link can be considered normal, but I cannot advise it to anyone

avglushkov
Thanks for the detailed explanation. If you ever get to the device specifiedabove please share your opinion.

I think it will, but at best in a month and a half,
I want to immediately warn you that using it to charge a laptop is extremely inefficient, because It's cheaper to just buy a second battery, and besides, as mentioned earlier, the overall efficiency on all conversion transforms is 60%, so charging with 6 cells is comparable to a native battery of 4 cells (for energy), an external battery for the laptop should consist of at least 15 cells (in terms of 40000mAh)

My interest in this box is the charging of the ASUS transformer tablet, it has the trickiest ** charger I've ever seen, and also an exotic 15 volt if you solder a simple USB 3.0 adapter - DC 5.5x2.1mm, then you can use it

Post has been editedkoordinator - 20.08.13, 08:39
Reason for editing: +1 by navymaster

Rep: (0)
Respectedavglushkov please advise the model for the girl. Crater 2 battery and not very clumsy. so that it is enough to charge the phone with a battery of 1450 mAh 2-3 times.

As I understand, there are no bags for 2 batteries ((

HEREso you do not seem to be called bad)

ZY tired that every day in the evening the phone is dying from her. and the new one doesn’t want because "this is such a cool one". thank

Post has been edited6aJIbTa3aP - 20.08.13, 08:53

Yes, the model is good in terms of power, but I would not consider it compact,
there is a lot of empty space inside and it is long by itself

For pocket there is a more convenient model.
http://cs322123.vk.me/v322123667/2e6a/se8TiS86FpA.jpg
I personally use it, and in terms of convenience I really like it

current of about 0.7-0.8 A can give and this is more than enough

In most online stores are such charges with the battery banks of the company noName at 2000-2200 mAh, the average cost of 400 rubles.
They are enough for a couple of phone charges with a new (not worn out) battery with a capacity of 1350 mAh,
at least they got me

but I naturally threw out the Chinese banks and soldered two Japanese Panasonic 3400mAh (3300 in real) there
I can charge my SE with a 940mAh battery about 4 times

If I have a few pieces in stock: rolleyes:

dear found more Akum as much as 6000 max and more for example
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/10PCS-LOT-T...1079264826.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shippi...1076019089.html
This is a fake or you can buy and a very good volume will be released!

these banks are significantly larger in size and will not fit into standard charging

as well as partially fake, because in such banks can fit no more than 4-4.5 Ah

for him you can take batteries without protection against overcharging? or is it better with protection?

In any box, there is already built-in protection, there is no need to duplicate it, it’s like putting on another body armor on a fighter in a flak jacket, and the protection level will increase, but other qualities such as efficiency will suffer

Post has been editedkoordinator - 20.08.13, 15:32
Reason for editing: +1 by 6aJIbTa3aP

Hello. My time has come to become interested in similar devices. Actually the question is the same as that of thousands of other users - what to choose, because many options not found on sale.

As I understand it, I have 3 options:
1) Buy ready - typehttp://www.hiper-power.com/product/hiper_powerbank_mp10000(worth 1300 rubles). How do you? I agree that a fan for someone might be superfluous, but for me this is a stupidly convenient. Yes, and a set of adapters - a nice bonus.
2) Buy a set of boxes and batteries and collect yourself .. I'm afraid of that, I will not buy more. Can anyone advise a specific set of optimal and high quality? Which batteries are better at all? Li-ion or lithium polymer? Or generally nickel or phosphate? References to the wiki do not give, from there I understand that polymer is better, but everywhere I can almost see ionic;) .. It is possible in PM.
3) It follows from the 2nd - buy something fromavglushkov . : happy:

Glad to any comments! Have a nice day, everyone ;).

Post has been editedVinzy - 21.08.13, 11:55

I naturally can only advise option 3))), well, in addition to advise on batteries

*** Is lithium ion or lithium polymer?
all types that contain in their name "lithium" are lithium-ion

lithium polymer have the full name of lithium-ion-polymer
the only advantage is that they can be made flat and very thin, but according to their specific characteristics, they lose to cylindrical lithium-ion batteries
lithium-ion batteries with liquid electrolyte in a cylindrical design, 18650 is safer in operation (they do not swell up in case of anything) have a safety valve and circuit breaker, such as putting into Tesla laptops, electric tools and electric cars))

nickel cadmium
- have an energy density of 3 times less than that of lithium
- have a memory effect
- more expensive than lithium by 7 times (in my latest market review)
+ not afraid of frost, even the Siberian to -50 degrees
+ extremely loyal to all sorts of violations of operating conditions, to recharge and discharge to zero
+ withstand several thousand cycles (classic lithium-ion only 500 cycles)
+ withstand giant specific currents
+ do not require protective electronics

lithium ion phosphate (lithium-iron phosphate) are designed to oust cadmium nickel from the market
- have an energy density of 1.5-2 times less than that of classical lithium and as many times as large as that of cadmium
- more expensive than the classic 1.3-1.5 times, and much cheaper than cadmium
- require protective electronics (like all lithium)
+ also have cadmium lifetimes of several thousand cycles.
+ not afraid of moderate frost down to -25 degrees
+ withstand giant specific currents

Post has been editedavglushkov - 31.03.14, 21:07

avglushkov
What do you say aboutthis copy On the seller's website and found nothing on the Internet.

avglushkov
Posted in PM.

Zakaz.edc
answered

What do you say about this copy? On the seller's website and found nothing on the Internet.

If you plan to charge a laptop, then I repeat once again that such devices with a capacity of less than 30 Ah are useless and are not economically viable.
charging with a capacity of 12000 mAh (and with a loss of 12000 * 0.65 = 7800 mAh) is 2 times more expensive than a spare battery with a real capacity of 2200 mAh * 6 cells = 13200 mAh, which has no losses, since he immediately gives up his energy on laptop power

this option even once will not be able to charge the laptop,

if you plan to charge your smartphone, there are more attractive options

Post has been editedavglushkov - 24.08.13, 17:37

if you plan to charge your smartphone, there are more attractive options

And what is more attractive in "Connected"?
No time to buy over the hill

In a connected nothing, as well as in the market, prices are bent up to heaven
better to see in DNS, it is in almost any city
http://www.dns-shop.ru/catalog/189/portati...-akkumulyatory/
for example, such
http://www.dns-shop.ru/catalog/i161716/por...00.html#comment

better to see in DNS, it is in almost any city

In my just no.
Stopped athttp://www.svyaznoy.ru/catalog/accessories/1827/1641998I understand that it is not worth the money ...
But, sort of like Samsung ... Needed to charge S3

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 04/07/19, 17:22