Choosing an external battery (powerbank) for a smartphone, tablet, laptop | We advise, we share experience

Rep: (44)
Powerbank - Selecting an external battery for your smartphone, tablet, laptop

Attached Image

A few tips before buying
Buy only original devices,
Get information about the device on the Internet,
Inspect the battery externally for defects,
If you buy abroad (Aliexpress, Ebay) read reviews
How to check the device for authenticity
Xiaomi
The verification code is under the sticker on the box, erased with a coin!!!
Authentication with regular captcha
How to check originality, if on the official site captcha with hieroglyphs
Reviews and Unpacking
Useful

Mini FaQ
1. Manufacturers indicate the capacity of banks in accordance with the capacity of batteries installed in the device. This technique is generally accepted.
2. When assessing the capacity of a bank, losses must be taken into account. For example, for the most common use case of a bank for charging a device’s battery, the following losses occur:
- loss when converting from 3.7 V battery to 5 V output voltage in the bank;
- loss when converting from 5 V input voltage to 4.2 V charging voltage in the charged device;
- losses in the rechargeable battery.
Assuming the efficiency of each portion of 0.9 obtain the overall efficiency of 0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 = 0.73. This figure is approximate and depends on many factors, in particular, the charging regime. Manufacturer of this figure can not indicate fundamentally - because 2 of the 3 phases are not poverbanke and load. And nowhere stated that the measure is necessary in view of the losses in the user - for example, if poverbanku connected to LED lamp - leaving only the conversion loss is 5 V, and accordingly, the overall efficiency is 0.9, and even more.
3. Sometimes another value of capacity is written on the banks - capacity in terms of an output voltage of 5 V. Theoretically, this is more correct - after all, the device produces most often 5 V, but in practice it only causes confusion.
Firstly, because this figure is obtained by formal multiplication of the battery capacity by the voltage difference 3.7 / 5 = 0.74 without taking into account the efficiency, which can vary.
Secondly, the fact that the coefficient obtained is close to that obtained in Section 2 is nothing more than a coincidence, and the output voltage may not be 5 V ...
It is easier to explain with an example: Pipo and Cube tablets have batteries of the same capacity, but Cube charges from 5 V, and Pipo charges from 9 V (my bank gives 5, 9 and 12 volts).
So, when charging Pipo, the capacity of a bank must be multiplied by 3.7 / 9 = 0.41 and, accordingly, will the bank be enough for a smaller number of charges? No, 5 and 9 volts are just intermediate values, but energy is still described in item 2 - both at Cube and Pipo, the bank will provide the same number of charges (at Pipo, even slightly more - 9 V loss less)
4. All these figures are approximate - the parameters and conversion efficiency depend on the mode, and even when charging devices, the output capacity will be different depending on whether the tablet is charged with a 2A charge current or a phone with a 0.5A charge current. other devices - not the only use !!!
5. Unforgettable about the temperature mode of operation - from 0 to +40 РЎ0.
At low temperatures, even lower than 0 РЎ0, the battery self-discharge increases by several times, i.e. If you carry it in the cold in a bag, then at the most crucial moment you can get a discharged battery. Also, when cooled, the battery capacity and its life are very significantly reduced. If it is possible, do not freeze the battery !!!

Real capacity of banks.

Be mutually polite! It’s customary at our forum to say "Thank you" by increasing reputation by clicking on the buttonAttached Image
If you have less than 15 messages, click on the button.Attached Image(under reputation) and let us know who helped you, whom to put "+".

Topics Curatorslava_ussr

Post has been editedslava_ussr - 08.11.19, 09:05
Reason for editing: reversed the words in the topic title

Rep: (81)
dryagin @ 14.03.19, 20:27*
if I charge it through the tester and it showed 6850, he's been so dipped?

PB is checked during discharge. Charge it to the end, and the discharge through the tester load at 5V, then it is possible to give an opinion.

Rep: (5)
* fableas,
Charged yesterday and the day before from the banks two rascha your minot3 (3500mah) charged with 1 to 100 in full and the second time from 1 to 96, even taking into account that at Minot, maybe a little sagging battery, and on the very bank is written "nominal output 6250mah, it turns out everything is normal!
Attached Image

Rep: (81)
dryagin @ 15.03.19, 10:44*
and on the bank itself is written "nominal output 6250mah, it turns out everything is normal!

Yes, everything is fine, taking into account the measurement errors.

Rep: (197)
https: //ru.aliexpress....311.0.0.20fc33edk3UQkb
If you use a coupon $ 3 get a good price.
9230 flowed, gave 7000! although the stated 6200 Took without digital display. Low current charging gadgets confusing ... mp3 bluetooth adapter is loaded, and does not want to syaomovskie headphones.

Rep: (488)
Xiaomi has released an external battery with a USB Type-C and fast charging

And I'm only three days ROMOSS SW20 Pro received: blush:

Rep: (197)
* NT User,
.. the business is on the local site to sell the new + 3 / $ 6 and take Xiaomei;)

Rep: (488)
Newbie ROMOSS SW20 Pro aypad charges completely, and the Bluetooth headset is not charging about twice disconnected: blush: How to overcome?

Rep: (2659)
* NT User , I tried to charge aypad, and the other port at the same time, the headset?

Rep: (865)
* NT User I have an extreme port charges only normal.

Rep: (280)
Colleagues,PINENG PN-961Like Useful devaysina. QC to the input / output, type-c to the input, the input of the Lightning, like everything in beauty. As the brand itself, who enjoyed robust this "penguin"? : D

Rep: (208)
* seojazz , In principle, the rules, according to you buy.

* Healperson thank.
Yes, in general, the price tag seems ok, competitive, at least ... 18 bucks for 10 strides, all the buns on board. Here I think it (the store really CN-AUCTION Store some xs how he ca) PINENG PN-961, orBaseus 10000 mAh. Both are essentially the same, but if he Baseus store and credible, the CN-AUCTION Store and actually PINENG - not quite.

* seojazz I still drown for QB810 . Compact and lightweight. But a little out of date, of course.

Rep: (2659)
* seojazz , Pineng definitely better than baseus. Very respected brand of banks.
Only delivery from this seller shows already on June 20)))

Post has been editedLovetz - 17.03.19, 18:08

HealPerson @ 17.03.19, 16:39*
Compact and lightweight. But a little out of date, of course.

Yeah, out of date, there is ... and the output port 1 = (
Lovetz @ 17.03.19, 17:07*
pineng definitely better than baseus.

Thanks for the recommendation!
Lovetz @ 17.03.19, 17:07*
Only delivery from this seller shows already on June 20)))

Hmm, where do you see? ) Like all of the effluent. I need to Ukraine.
Attached Image

Post has been editedseojazz - 17.03.19, 18:37

seojazz @ 17.03.19, 18:35*
Thanks for the recommendation!

Yes, take your normal bank.
Bazeus I do not like)

HealPerson @ 17.03.19, 17:41*
Yes, take your normal bank.

I ordered just 18 $. But when a look that will come: D

Rep: (161)
K
brushed topic. Updated links in the header. Edited partition structure. On filling caps please write in the QMS.

Post has been editedslava_ussr - 18.03.19, 17:52

Rep: (4)
KPOTOC @ 14.03.2019, 19:02*
Bought QB820, was the question of what this beast to charge? The free market has found the charger ASUS 0A001-00693000, as I understand it is 100% fit ... I want a yes / no uslashat, as already ordered, rides, but can return, the price of retail ask not to pay attention to ...

Duplicate, can someone tell me ..?

Rep: (44)
KPOTOC @ 19.03.19, 10:54*
Duplicate, can someone tell me ..?
Shortcuts on the device have?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 13/02/20, 19:55