> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Star S5 Butterfly - Discussion | Smartphone, 5.0 "

Rep: (120)
DiscussionStar S5 Butterfly / MIZ Z2
PictureStar S5 Butterfly
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ
  • Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.
A photo
Attached Image
Device characteristics
  • CPU: MTK6589, Cortex A7 quad core, 1.2GHz
  • GPU: PowerVR SGX 544
  • Android 4.2 OS (JB)
  • Languages: English, Italian, French. Spanish, Russian, Thai, Vietnamese, Arabic, German, Indonesian, Chinese, Turkish, Portuguese, Malay, other
  • Memory: RAM (RAM): 1GB / internal (ROM): 4GB / 8GB
  • Supports Micro SD Memory Card (TF-Card), up to 32GB
  • Dimensions: 142 x 73 x 9 mm
  • Weight: 152 g
  • Screen: 5 ”(1280x720), touchscreen, capacitive type, IPS (OGS?)
  • HD resolution (1280 x 720 pixels)
  • 16 million flowers
  • Network support: (2 sim cards) Network Dual SIM G + G W + G
  • 2G: GSM 850/900/1800 / 1900MHz
  • 3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900 / 2100MHz
  • Supports GSM worldwide
  • Built-in GPS & A-GPS, EPO
  • Bluetooth 2.0
  • Wi-Fi IEEE MT6620: 802.11 b / g / n dual band single stream (20 / 40MHz) and speed 150 m / bit
  • micro USB 2.0
  • Two cameras: rear 12.0 (real 8.00) / front 5 megapixels
  • Support video recording in FullHD 1080p
  • Sensors: light sensor, proximity sensor, accelerometer, compass
  • FM radio
  • Video AVI, MP4, FLV, 3GP, MOV, ASF, MPEG, RMVB, etc.
  • Audio MP3, AAC, WAV, etc. / 3.5 mm Audio Jack
  • Special functions Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor, FM Radio, Wifi, GPS, Multi-touch Capacitive Screen, Dual SIM,
  • Turn on / off device on schedule
  • 2500 mAh lithium-ion battery (2250 mAh test)
  • Headphones / 3.5 mm Audio Jack
  • Material: plastic, back cover - gloss
  • Set: phone, protective film, wired headset, 2 batteries, microUSB-USB cable, power supply with USB connector
Mini FAQ
Question: Tell me, what kind of phone is the Star S5?
Answer: This is an almost exact copy of the NTS Butterfly. Therefore, beautiful. )

By the way, is the firm generally reliable? Does anyone else have info?
The company does not have a website; under this brand, devices are assembled by several different companies, used to use their phones, such as the quality is normal.

And what kind of phone is such a MIZ Z2, is it very similar to the Star C5? And there is the Legend x920. Explain to me silly what is the difference between these 3 phones?
The first two are the same device. Star not certified, MIZ certified. Absolutely the same thing. The third device has no relation to Star, at least it is written everywhere and many sellers have removed the word Star from the name. There is a suspicion that it is produced by the Chinese company Jijatong. But you will not find the truth, in China everything is shrouded in mystery. Despite this, there is absolutely the same filling, maybe there is a difference in the matrix, but maybe it is not. And 920 is thicker than its "colleagues" because of the different shape of the back cover. Here is a topic for discussion about Legend x920Star X920 - Discussion

So, in which slot does 3G work? Or in both?
3G can work in both slotsbut really at high speed only works in the first (microsim)

The people did not consider, and he has an indicator? Those. missed call indicator, etc.
Not

And who can say, there is a glass gorilla or not?
in my plastic, no one uses, moveton, so to speak. But the glass may not be gorilla. The Chinese have long had its Chinese counterpart "Kang Ning glass".

When you first turn on the device, you can (and even better) remove applications from the phone, show how to do it visually, which processes to remove, and which ones just stop
http: //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/index.php?act=findpost&pid=22684927

How to make a screenshot?
Press simultaneously the "volume down" key and the "on / off phone" key.

Is the build quality normal, or is there a backlash?
All Circuits fit perfectly, in general, the monolith.

And how to enter the engineering menu?
*#*#3646633#*#*

What about USB OTG?
Today checked, does not work: (

But tell me: How does the device hold the battery?
By the way about the battery, I’m not letting it out of their hands just)) I already forgot about yaphone) with moderate use, I think it will calmly for 2-3 days

So what's with the light sensor and the compass? Work?
I started the compass today, it works clearly (Test compass Compass Lite from the playmarket).
As I found out, by the “method of scientific testing”, the light sensor (also known as the proximity sensor, because it can be seen from the screenshots), when setting the brightness to Auto, resets the display brightness by about 1/3 of the total brightness and nothing else It does, the firmware cant hike, because as the proximity / distance sensor works perfectly.

H. Owners like the volume of the sound from the main speaker? On the reviews it doesn’t sound very well, but how is it really? Thank!
The speaker's volume is normal (the sound is clear without "farting"), it is enough to hear the phone in the inner pocket of the jacket. My former Soneriksson Neo B, sounded louder but with the promenade from Zeinogen. I think that in the custom firmware it will be possible to increase the volume, but personally I have such a volume.

Friends, can anyone tell from which manufacturer the screen is here? At what level of brightness do you use indoors? On the street?
Who made the screen I do not know, I use the brightness level in the afternoon and in the evening at the maximum (at night it’s better to reduce or even cut eyes).

What cache to download for games?
The cache is suitable for the PoverVR video accelerator

How to remove the Chinese search string?
Star S5 Butterfly - Discussion (Post # 21292480)
Go to Google Play and install Google search. Everything.
You type in the search "Google search". It will give only one "crap" and Chrome (well, and another 80,000 hidden results :)). You put "crap", restart the phone ....

Can you put a ringtone from a memory card?
CanHere's how to do it.

Still, what sensors are in our phone?
You can look atthis message

How to calibrate the battery?
http: //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/index.php?act=findpost&pid=21795825

And where to see the date of the communication module firmware?
Settings - About the phone - firmware communication module

I want to install Most Wanted, I launch it, the game requires 2 GB of free space. My phone memory is 4.8 GB. but I still write to you as a free 0, free up the place. Why is that?
menu ->settings ->memory ->The default recording disc is>
"phone memory" change to "sd card"

Tell me, in the video quality settings there are: “high” and “good”, which one is the best quality?
Good - 1080p high - 720r

Can you walk without film? Scratches do not appear?
Removed the film.
For a week there are no scratches. I wear without a cover. But it feels as if a finger is heavier than sliding on a screen without a film. Yes, and more prints remain.
Wore a new film.

Does the 64 gig map support the phone? Ile only 32?
Supports, but only formatted in fat32

Tell me what it can be? A bright spot appeared in the bottom corner of the screen, it is small and at any brightness level is not much brighter than the entire screen.
This is true, unfortunate layout. It seems to say some kind of train rests. What does this stain imperceptibly against a dark background, and noticeable to light. Not annoying, if you do not think about it.

Hmm ... I noticed a strange feature, test it. When the phone is charging, the multitouch starts to glitch
This is not normal, but normal))
I will explain in brief ...
On cheap, simple power supplies, there are no normal output filters. Including the filter of magnetic waves (only for BP from iPhones such are set by default). Therefore, with the inclusion of charging from such a power supply, buggy touch ...
If you want to get rid of, buy a good BP at 1A (1000mA). There the power will be declared (rather than on cheap Chinese, which instead of 1A give a maximum of 0.6-0.7 and are heated like irons at the beginning of charging)

Tell me if it shows 1.29 free memory, then the device is 4 gig, and not 8
Yes, 4 Gb. But "Nadezhda Konstantinovna dies last." It is necessary to try the following: settings - memory - tap on "clear the phone's memory" and agree with cleaning. A miracle can happen :)

On the subject, video recording and GPS work simultaneously? I want to use as a navigator and as a DVR in the background. Thank you in advance!
Yes, they work.

Tell me, how can I make photos stay on an external USB flash drive?
settings-memory-disk for recording by default (SD card) and should save photos to a USB flash drive

what exactly you need to pay attention to and what to check first
Everything, as usual - broken pixels, touch, gps, gsm module with 3g and without, the camera can shoot that thread.

And the memory there is divided into 2, and not into 3 compartments? On Chinese tablets, for example, nothing can be moved to the external SD
Star S5 Butterfly - Discussion (Post # 22422922)

camera question:
Can I take a photo with a photo timer? if so, how clear is it?
How is the case for focusing? automatic?
What are the options to install a phone for shooting with a timer (stand or just lean on something)?

http: //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/index.php?act=findpost&pid=22605899

where you can add SMS options for which appear when you refuse to take a call
Go to the dialer, press the left sensor - settings - other settings - quick answers.
SMS Templates: Enter SMS, left sensor - settings - text message (SMS) - change the text template

After the end of the conversation, the screen remains extinct. I understand the jamb of the proximity sensor. How can it be calibrated?
Decision
Problems / Solutions
- He light sensor is workingDecision
- ABOUTIt's a fragile back cover. Just open it gently, hook it into the connector with your fingernail, and do not press on the center of the cover and open it smoothly, not in a jerk.Spare cover
- Psucky 3G connection
There is a solution in the firmware sectionLink
- Ttheir external and conversational speaker
Increase speaker volumeDecision
- Pyl under tachim on the front of the camera
- WITHLaby Wi-Fi, when removed from the access point
- ABOUTI found a network with a maximum signal level of "NVRAM WARNING: Err = 0x10 (00: 00: 00: 00: 00: 00)".
Star S5 Butterfly - Discussion (Post # 21870101)
PollProblems
Passed a vote on the problems of the phone. Data as of 06/20/2013
Attached Image
Owner reviews
Utility
Real user photos
UPDATES CAPS
04/13/13. Added sections MiniFAQ, reviews, usefulness
04/15/13. Easy color correction, a little about Root, Real user photos
04/16/13. Added reviews, review, root
04.20.13 Survey "Problems"
04/29/13 Ruth moved to firmware
05/08/13 Completed the FAQ, Problems / Solutions tab
Polls archive
Attached Image

Being in this topic you must comply with:Resource rulessavagemessiahzine.comand Section RulesAndroid - Devices"

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you need to add links or contact directly toQMSresponsible for the sub-moderatorAn enlightened grandfather.
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(having previously studied the topic header and all materials for curators) or will contact directly the moderator responsible for the subsectionAn enlightened grandfather.

Post has been editedEnlightened grandfather - 13.07.16, 16:35
Reason for editing: corrected link

Rep: (9)
Tell me, what about the firmware and other utility sites? Where will we take them?

Tell me, what about the firmware and other utility sites? Where will we take them?

You must first get your hands on, make a review in Russian, if the body is popular, there will be patches and utilities and firmware. This platform is full of smarts, for example, on the zopo 810 / hero h7500 +, which is quite popular, even the diagonal and screen resolution like here, you can think of porting without problems.

Posted on 03/25/2013, 19:55:

And what's there for ROM? On the panda screen 5 gig, he also has a 5 gig in the cap, which means rum 8 gigovy as I understand it?

Yes, it seems 8 Gigov Rum. I will clarify tomorrow.

Rep: (267)
here's a reviewfrom the Germans our apparatus

herex920 devices are identical, here's a display like x-super amold, and the battery is smaller
, cameras on x-8mp-in settings only 6mp and front 4mp. On c5 12 mp in settings 6mp. and the front is 5 mp in settings 4mp., ours in tests bypasses x920

Post has been editedalex0210 - 25.03.13, 19:59

Rep: (3)
Mb missed in the branch, which glass is not indicated?

Rep: (123)
Who knows, there seems to be a microsyme, I hope it is not on the 3G slot?

Damn, I already broke all the brains figuring out the difference between Star S5 - Miz z2 - Star x920
Maybe someone can somehow systematize the data on these bodies?
And then tomorrow to buy and then do not want to bite your elbows.

Rep: (12)
Damn, I already broke all the brains figuring out the difference between Star S5 - Miz z2 - Star x920
Maybe someone can somehow systematize the data on these bodies?
And then tomorrow to buy and then do not want to bite your elbows.

He himself suffered for a long time to figure it out.
Here is a good topic to help.New on MT6589

Post has been editedRobho - 25.03.13, 22:29

Who saw in the reviews how much the finger touch? If there are 10 touches, this is very cool. And the camera is normal, I mean not megapixels but real pictures ?. THX

Post has been editedJoveone - 25.03.13, 22:16

Rep: (5)
Yeah, the box Starovskaya miserable nowhere on ...
and charging is not even European yet ...
Miza is all prettier ...

But does he even have an proximity sensor? and then only the camera’s peephole is visible ...?!

Something I did not understand about the 6 megapixel camera main ...?

Post has been editedPash80 - 25.03.13, 23:27

For many devices, only the eye of the camera is visible. for design reasons, the sensor windows are hidden. It is unlikely that a new phone from a normal company will be without a penny sensor. worry more about the quality of the microphone and camra speakers

Still plagued by doubts about the capacity of the battery. the zte v987 has a 2500 battery too, in the picture by comparison even in width. yes maybe a little thicker. but the manufacturer’s zte is bigger, more honest = therefore the old one probably has 2500 fair capacity. just somewhere they write that the MIZ has 2000 mah, and where the sellers claim that 2500 is unlikely to be there. but zte 987 glonas, ogs the screen and the bsi- camera is ahead of decent, in price by $ 100. Here is the problem))

Post has been editedJoveone - 26.03.13, 01:01

JoveOne @ 03/26/2013, 00:59*
Still plagued by doubts about the capacity of the battery. the zte v987 2500 battery too

until they get and do not protest, it’s useless to talk about it ... in Hero 7500+ they also didn’t believe that 2800, and the tests almost did show 2600-2700 ...

Rep: (211)
Poohh @ 03/26/2013, 11:18*
The box is better. Serious reason to buy.

It says a lot. I have a feeling that the S5 is a fake clone - see for yourself on the design, the box.

The screen is better, it is determined by the video?

I liked the video more. And I liked the curved shape of the screen.

It is not clear why the batteries are different, although the seller writes that the battery is the same as on s5.

Most likely they are just different phones ...

Rep: (123)
Maximus_ole @ 03.26.2013, 15:02*
mikrosim at old mini legends

The legends are both full-sized.

Here is the video comparison of S5 and x920http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...;v=VQNOrLyOVb8#!

Rep: (7)
video comparison S5 and x920

Rather, another review of the 920th, there is no comparison as such.
Do they have different batteries?

But in general who is the manufacturer of this legend? as a brand, as a quality, what with the firmware?
it hurts a lot from old and miz differs ... in fact the body is completely different ...
Outwardly, of course, legends like it more - licked, like a nice soft touch cover, the camera doesn't stick out from behind ...

Post has been editedPash80 - 26.03.13, 18:33

Let's do a survey.

Posted on 03/26/2013, 18:35:

Pash80 @ 03.26.2013, 17:32*
but in general who is the manufacturer of this legend

Star

Here is a vivid overview of misunderstandings with the camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0djLeEKNYh0

Rep: (1)
By the way, they have 4GB in the description
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HK-Freeship.../808684043.html

Post has been editedstas8155 - 26.03.13, 19:58

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/19/19, 21:21