Star S7589 - Discussion | Smartphone, 5.7 "

Rep: (149)
DiscussionStar S7589
PictureStar S7589, Effire CityPhone Lion
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ
  • Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.
Characteristics and photos of the device
Attached Image

Star S7589
General characteristics:
Two active sim cards
Communication standard: GSM / WCDMA 850/900/1800 / 1900Mhz

CPU:Quad-Core ARMv7 MTK6589
number of cores: 4
1200Mhz frequency
PowerVR SGX 544MP video chip
Built-in memory: 4Gb / 8Gb
RAM: 1 Gb
Dimensions: 159 * 84 * 9.9 mm
Battery capacity: 3200 mAh
Connectors: micro USB, Jack 3.5 mm
Operating system: Google Android 4.1.2
Connection:
Interfaces: USB, WiFi, Bluetooth
Internet: 3G, EDGE, GPRS, WAP
Navigation: GPS, A-GPS
Screen:
Sensor type: capacitive (thermal)
multitouch support
Diagonal: 5.8 inches
Resolution: 1280 * 720
Scratch-resistant glass
Camera:
Main: 12.6 Mpix, 4096x3072, flash
Front: 4.9 Mpix, 2560x1920
720p video
Sensors:
turning
approximations
lighting
Equipment:
phone
2 batteries
cover book
stylus
USB data cable
headphones
Charger
warranty card
packaging
Overview and tests of the device
Additional photos
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
Engineering menu settings
Interlocutors complain about a very quiet sound. You can fix it through the engineering menu: * # * # 3646633 # *

Part one
Go to the AUDIO. Drop down the list:

1.1. Normal Mode (Normal Mode)
1.2. Headset Mode
1.3. LoudSpeaker Mode - setting the speaker mode
1.4. Speech Enhancement (Speech Enhancement)
1.5. Debug Info (Debug Info)
1.6. Speech Logger (Logging conversations, apparently).
1.7. Audio logger is an audio logger (software for recording audio) with the ability to quickly search, play and save.
2. Select the desired mode.
Normal Mode, (if you want to increase the volume of the earpiece and microphone).
You will see a menu with four positions, where the first item is the profile number.
*** NO FIR Selected ***
The list in the drop-down menu:
FIR 0 ~ 5
Type
2.1. Sip Tone (?)
2.2. Microphone (Microphone Volume)
2.3. Speech (Speaker volume)
2.4. Side Tone (?)
2.5. Media (Multimedia Volume)
Level 0 ~ 6
Value is 0 ~ 255 (0 ~ 160)
Max Vol. 0 ~ 160
We leave FIR 0 and do not touch it. We go below in the following parameters.
First, set up a general volume modulation.
Select Type: Media
then below in the Max Vol section. 0 ~ 160 set the volume to 160 and click Set.
Next, select the Vol parameter values ​​for speaker volume.
Select Type: Sph
Next will be the Level list - these are the signal levels. What would be clear - there are 7 levels, and each corresponds to one “click” of the volume rocker, which is on the side of the phone. When you get rid of this rocker when talking, you essentially iterate through these signal levels. Those. Level 0 is the quietest position of the rocker, Level 6 is the loudest.
The volume level value for each Level is in the Value is (0 ~ 160) cell:
It is necessary to change. Changing is simple - erase the old value, enter the new one and press the Set button (next to the cell).
Warning! Write down the factory numbers before changing!
Level 0 - 90 Set
Level 1 - 100 Set
Level 2 - 110 Set
Level 3 - 120 Set
Level 4 - 130 Set
Level 5 - 140 Set
Level 6 - 160 Set
Max Vol values. 0 ~ 160 we have already changed earlier.

Talk volume: (in microphone)

To adjust the microphone volume - select Type: Mic.
Vol parameter values ​​for microphone volume.
Warning! Write down the factory numbers before changing!
Level 0 - 255 Set
Level 1 - 255 Set
Level 2 - 255 Set
Level 3 - 240 Set
Level 4 - 240 Set
Level 5 - 230 Set
Level 6 - 220 Set
After that, they began to hear me better.
In order for the changes to take effect on the phone, you need to do a restart (Reboot) with the removal of the battery.
No more points to climb. It was this decision that helped me.

Now, as for Speech Enchancement, for clarity of speech on the Chinese phone forums, it is advised to change the following parameters: in Speech Enchancement, select Normal Mode, Parameter 6, change the value from 400 to 1. I honestly did not feel the difference, maybe you have a more musical ear You will notice the difference, but maybe it is for my model that you need to change another Parameter. Still, an interesting parameter Speech Enchancement and is tricky with it. Maybe someone has some groundwork. This decision did not help me.
Part two
Call volume levels are set in Audio - LoudSpeaker - Ring
Max Vol = 150 (it is the same for the whole section)
Levels: 0 90 110 120 130 140 160 (more starts to wheeze)

Multimedia volume levels are set in Audio - LoudSpeaker - Media
Levels: 0 80 110 130 160 180 200 (more starts to wheeze)

Speakerphone volume levels are set in Audio - LoudSpeaker - Sph
Levels: 60 80 90 100 110 120 130 (more starts to wheeze)

Telephone speaker volume levels in Audio - Normal - Sph
Max Vol = 150
Levels: 90 100 110 120 130 140 150

Audio microphone talk volume levels - Normal - Mic
Levels: 100 172 172 172 172 172 172

Now all volumes are adjusted in adequate ranges. If you are not satisfied with the volume levels, you can set your own values ​​(the higher the value, the greater the volume when adjusting with the volume keys).

If in some submenu, for example, Audio - Normal - Sph, the general level is not available for regulation, then enter another subsection, for example, Audio - Normal - Media - there will be an opportunity to adjust the overall volume level.
How to swap sdcard and sdcard2
How to swap sdcard and sdcard2
need root
replace sdcard1 and sdcard0 in the system / etc / vold.fstab file so that it is -

dev_mount sdcard / storage / sdcard1emmc @ fat / devices / platform / goldfish_mmc.0 / devices / platform / mtk-msdc.0/mmc_host
dev_mount sdcard2 / storage / sdcard0auto / devices / platform / goldenfish_mmc.1 / devices / platform / mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host

What I need to change, I highlighted in red. You can edit the root exproror
Reboot and look at the result. After such changes, your card of any size becomes the memory of the phone, and you can safely begin to download the play market)))
Repair IMEI
Option number 1
Repair IMEI through the engineering menu.
1. Click on the button to dial the number and enter * # * # 3646633 # * # *
2. Get into the engineering menu and select: "CDS Information", "Radio Information", "Phone1"
3. In the topmost field, where it says AT +, we add EGMR = 1.7, "your_imei1", in the end, we get the string AT + EGMR = 1.7, "your_imei1" and press the "SEND AT COMMAND" button
where your_imei1 is your imei for the first sim card
4. If you need to register imei for the second SIM card, then in the same line type AT + EGMR = 1.10, "your_imei2" and again press the "SEND AT COMMAND" button
5. Exit the engineering menu and reboot the smartphone.

Option number 2
It is necessary to generate a file with the phone name.
Here is a link toprog
Run on the command line on the computer in this form: imei.exe IMEI1 IMEI2
where IMEI1 and IMEI2 are your IMEIs written off from the phone label, as a result we get the coded file MP0B_001 with IMEI /
Run RootExplorer (or similar) and copy your MP0B_001 file along this path / data / nvram / md / NVRAM / NVD_IMEI /
Well, or as an option to save your file from the firmware that is now working for you, and then copy it to a new firmware.
If 3G Internet is not working

Who does not want to work with 3G Internet-go to Settings-Still-Mobile Network-APN-Choose your operator, in the settings of the access point we look for the Authentication Type and set there or No or PAP
Solving problems with charge and operating time of the device
In the topic of batteries:
so that the phone would live a long time from a single charge, do the following
First, "calibrate" the battery.
We charge up to 100% (by charging from the network), delete /data/system/batterystats.bin, it will only work with a manager like В® Root Explorer, you need superuser rights (root).
Turn off the phone is disconnected from the charging, remove the battery, wait for 3 minutes and 10 can wait. Now you can insert the battery and use the phone at your convenience. Calibrating the battery charge promotes proper display. Practical way, it was determined that the calibration maximizes machine. This process is at capacity and physical battery operation has no effect. Only in this way creates the correct stats battery charge-discharge, for the proper display of charge and in consequence of this the user will need to be recharged phone does not when he says the phone and when the phone is really dead. This procedure is necessary only on android devices. Google would have the statement did about the uselessness of this procedure, the tests show that the calibration can not be achieved without the right results.

I want to add some more words to this:
If you already have incorrect charge-discharge statistics ... then after you charge up to 100%, you need to delete the above-mentioned file, restart the phone, torment it before falling by 1-2%, turn it off and put it on charge in the off state for another hour, after which you can repeat the procedure of deleting the statistics file and restart again. My phone lives a long time with each charge up to 100% with pretty active use.

And I also want to add that when replacing with another battery, you will have to do the same thing ... if you stupidly change the batteries and do nothing, then you will have to charge for a couple of hours in the end.
useful links

Being in this topic you must comply with:Resource rulessavagemessiahzine.comand Section RulesAndroid - Devices"

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you need to add links or contact directly toQMSresponsible for the sub-moderatorAn enlightened grandfather.
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(having previously studied the topic header and all materials for curators) or will contact directly the moderator responsible for the subsectionAn enlightened grandfather.

Post has been editedEnlightened grandfather - 13.07.16, 15:13
Reason for editing: Possible reasons for breaking the link

Rep: (2718)
Description |Discussion " | Purchase В»| Accessories В»| Firmware В»| A source of information

Attached Image

Device characteristics
Model
Star S7589
Network
Dual SIM Cards Dual Standby
Unlocked 2G GSM 800/850/1800 / 1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 850 / 2100Mhz
CPU
S7500: MTK6577 1.0GHz Dual core / S7589: MTK6589 Quad Core 1.2GHz
Operation System
Android 4.1.1
SIM card
Dual SIM Card dual Standby
Ram
1GB
ROM
8GB
Storage External
Support TF Card up to 32GB
Screen
5.8 inch Touch Screen Resolution: 1280x720Pixels, 16000K Colors
Camera
Front 3.2MP / Rear 12MP with Flash Light, Auto Focus
WiFi
WiFi 802.11b / g / n
Bluetooth
Bluetooth 2.1
GPS
Build-in GPS Navigation + AGPS
Tv
No
Sensor
3 way G-sensor
Ports
Micro USB 2.0
3.5mm Standard Earphone Jack.
Power
Battery type
3200mAh Rechargable polymer lithium battery;
Charger: 100 / 240V 60Hz, USB / Travel Charger
Working time
Talking Time: Up To 4Hours. Standby Time: Up To 200 Hours
Software
Multi-Media Format
Voice: MP3 / WAV / AMR / AAC; Video: 3GP, MPEG4, AVI, RMVB; Picture: JPEG / BMP / GIF; eBook: TXT, PDF, MS Office Word, PPT, Excel. (Some formats may require additional apps support.)
Language
English, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Melayu, Deutsch, Espanol,
French, Italiano, Nederlands, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Turkish,
Russian, Arabic, Persian, Hindi, Thai, Simplified / Traditional Chinese, etc.
Pre-installed Apps
Google Play, Social Networking, Gaming, Gmail, Mail exchanger, Browser, etc.
Additional Features
3G, GPS, WIFI, FM radio, MP3 Playback, Touch Screen, Bluetooth, Memory Card, Video Player, Gravity Response, Front Camera, Message, Ebook, Email,
Message, etc.
Device Specification
Item size
159x84x9.9mm
Color
White / Black / Red
Net weight
170g (exclude accessories)
G.W
0.7KG
What's in the box
1 x Phone
2 x Batteries
1 x AC Charger Adapter
1 x USB Cable
1 x Earphone
1 x Touch Pen
1 x Hard case As GIFT
1 x User Manual (English)

Additional Information
1. Links to "Description" | Purchase В»| Accessories В»| Firmware "fill in yourself if these topics are there. If they appeared later - click on the "Complaint" and provide links to them. You can create these topics yourself.
2. You can make your own "Description". How to do this, readhere.

3. ....

Post has been edited$ iLence - 30.03.13, 18:03
Reason for editing: Old hat

Rep: (5)
Screen Antuta 2 cores, in the description 4.

Rep: (0)
shad84 @ 03/10/2013, 23:10*
Screen Antuta 2 cores, in the description 4.

and only 5664 points, when analogs on average give 12,000 ...

But I still can not make a choice:
1) Star S7589
2) Star N9589
3) Cubot A6589

zhelezo777 @ 03/10/2013, 21:27*
But I still can not make a choice: 1) Star S75892) Star N95893) Cubot A6589

And kakzhe iNew I2000 ...?

In the description of the ROM 8 GB, but on Ali, 4 GB is written everywhere ... so how much is it there?
I already wanted to take it and here it is ... :(

Posted on 03/11/2013 20:10:

zhelezo777 @ 03/11/2013, 20:03*
whereby S can be higher class? design and characteristics seem to be the same ... except for batteries (the volume of which today, at least for me, is not 100% known).

just by logic ... almost always and everywhere the model with the farther letter of the alphabet is more awesome ... and the letter S, it is - like SUPER ...;) here the stylus was added - what is not super ...: ) the truth comes out and ROM is reduced ... :(

Rep: (2718)
When the Apollo Star N9589 appeared, there was also such a price, then it rose to 260 USD.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Star-Kingel.../759359256.html

Kingelon S7589 video review- clone sabzh.

Lovetz @ 03/13/2013, 08:20*
Video review Kingelon S7589 - clone sabzh.

Still, 4 GB ... sad ...

Shl. This is where the talkative Frenchman ... PPC ...

Post has been editedPash80 - 13.03.13, 14:28

Rep: (16)
What do you think this is also a clone?
http://www.pandawill.com/tengda-s7589-smar...ite-p72285.html
Irish IPS screen? not stated in description

alb113 @ 03/13/2013, 3:30 PM*
Irish IPS screen? not stated in description

written tft ...

Rep: (16)
http://www.chinasmartphonereview.com/tag/t...a-s7589-review/
and here it says IPS
I mean, it's not clear what they write at all, and along the way the price is so low due to the fact that it is TFT without IPS (my opinion)

and on the go the price is so low due to the fact that it is TFT without IPS (my opinion)

so I think so ...
Panda vsetaki not sharazhkina office, so I think they wrote as is - TFT ...
they have there by the way can be clarified in the subject of tel ...

Shl. asked - answered that the TFT ...

Post has been editedPash80 - 14.03.13, 13:40

Pash80 @ 03/13/2013, 21:14*
asked - answered that the TFT ...
- this concerns Tengda-S7589?

or Star S7589 is also relevant?

zhelezo777 @ 03/15/2013, 19:16*
- this concerns Tengda-S7589?

or Star S7589 is also relevant?

Yes, somehow everything is dull, like Ali and here and there IPS ... true in Star S7589 on Ali 8 GB of Roma ...

I paid 2 white devices on aliexpress. They promise to send tomorrow (Singapore Post).

Rep: (4)
As soon as you get a full review please (Antutu, and the main test of the GPU For example, try NOVA 3);)
And I would like to know if there is a Gyro on it, Gorilla Glass?

Post has been editedfreezy19 - 16.03.13, 19:53
Reason for editing: added question

Bought a couple of days ago in China. Photos and a small review the other day. I myself do not quite understand everything, so who is interested in writing what exactly you are interested in, I will try to answer and test. But in general, the impression of the build quality and speed of work is very, very positive. Thank you for attention.

Posted on 03/17/2013 00:22:

And yes, his screen is still IPS. very chic and juicy colors.

trigi,
Photos of the screen from acute angles to understand the IPS or not ... and indeed the pictures of the device ...
Performance tests and sensors (Sensor ListorZ-DeviceTest; screenshot - Buttons on and volume- (minus), hold down simultaneously and hold a little.), which are available ...
How much ROM is displayed in it and what cameras are ... pictures of the main camera ...
The volume of the call / sound ... the volume and quality of the music in the headphones ...
Is it possible to use one hand, how convenient is it to use with regard to the diagonal?

What phone did you get, Star?

Post has been editedPash80 - 17.03.13, 00:49

On the sticker that is glued to the box is written Kingelon, and under the battery S 7589 and 1 GB 5.8HD. ROM shows 4 Gb. Rear camera 12.1 megapixels. frontdid not understand yet(5Mp). Speaker volume-loud. Sound, too. Music plays too loudly srannivayu with a copy of the Galaxy S 3, in which music played softly in the order ... what else ... Diagonal 5.8 "1280 * 720 (320 dpi), it is little more than the original Note2, respectively covers and bumpers will not fit. One hand to Use will be uncomfortable. and yet the stylus comes with the phone, not the same as the old copies Note2 without rubber tip and plastic, the screen sensitivity is very good, again comparing it with a copy of the Galaxy S3. Antutu 12890 shows.

From the pros, you can put the 3G mode on any SIM card, if both SIM cards are working in active mode, until you figure out. The Mobo player is preinstalled, which allows you to view videos and simultaneously use the desktop and menu.

Of the minuses, the vibrating alert is weak, it feels as if either the motor is not powerful or is not well fixed. So between the sensor and the screen, moisture appeared, when pressed, it is visible. But I think this is the problem of all Chinese phones. And when shooting a video, it seems as if the zoom is turned on, that is, an enlarged image on the screen, although the zoom is at 0.

I apologize for grammatical errors, speak in 4 languages, and sometimes the head does not understand how to write the word correctly: D.

P.S.Photo post a little later.
P.P.S. The phone was purchased by me from a seller in Xinjiang, for $ 200. He ordered it from a warehouse or factory, and taking into account my clear desire to buy it, I think this price is too high by $ 20-30.
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedNatacha - 06.04.14, 16:47
Reason for editing: Screenshots under the spoiler!

Rep: (4)
O congratulations: happy: It is necessary to add and correct errors in the description on the header;)
Try playing NOVA 3 whether the new Povervr 544 will pull.
Screen glass without gorilla eyes?
Is there a gyro sensor?
Is the battery really 3200? li-polymer or li-ion

Post has been editedfreezy19 - 17.03.13, 10:57

Gyro is. Gorilla glass is unlikely. It is an ordinary tempered Chinese glass. The battery in the kit 2 pieces, heavy and not pressed when pressed. li-ion. In the kit, there was also a case-book, and a bumper. I took the color gray, it looks beautiful and texture.

Post has been editedtrigi - 17.03.13, 12:06

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 23/04/20, 7:36