> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

BlackBerry Q10 - Discussion

Rep: (3)
DiscussionBlackberry q10
Attached ImageBlackberry q10
Description• Discussion� � Firmware � � Soft � � Newbie Questions � � BBM Groupsavagemessiahzine.com � � BlackBerry Clubsavagemessiahzine.com � � Officer producer forum � Officer machine manual

Attached Image
Specifications
Main
Screen : 3,1"
Battery : 2 100 mA / h, removable
CPU : Texas Instruments OMAP 4470 - 1500 MHz
RAM : 2048 Mb
Internal memory : 16 GB, memory card slot
Communication standards : 2G, 3G, 3.5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, GLONASS
Camera : rear - 8 MP, front - 2 MP
operating system : BlackBerry OS10
Dimensions : 66.8 x 119.6 x 10.3 mm
Weight : 139 g
Complete

Reviews
Text Reviews
Video Reviews
Device layout
Attached Image

Accessories
Attached Image
1. Leather Swivel Holster
Attached Image
2. Leather Pocket Case
Attached Image
3. Soft Shell Case
Attached Image
4. Hard Shell Case
Attached Image
5. Poetic Slimbook Case
Attached Image
6. TPU + PC Silicone Bumper
Attached Image
7. Battery Charging Bundle
Attached Image
8. KiDiGi Battery Changer Sync Cradle

Useful information
FAQ
AT: I heard that BlackBerry smartphones useBISconnection. Is this relevant to Q10?
ABOUT: Not. For devices on the OS10 operating system BIS for internet access is optional. Allowed the use of conventional tariff plans that provide mobile operators

AT: And what does the inscription meanSQN100-1 ?
ABOUT: This is the code for modifying the device for different network standards and country of use. For the Russian Federation, the preferred model with the designation SQN100-3 because it supports LTE. Modifications 100-1 and 100-5 for HSPA + / UMTS / GSM in the Russian Federation, and 100-2 - CDMA

AT: WhatBBIDand what is it for? ?
ABOUT: This is a smartphone user ID that provides access to all BlackBerry services. It is the similarity of the login and for convenience is listed in the form of mail. Register BBID here

AT: What software is required to connect a smartphone with a computer?
ABOUT: Default need Blackberry link , at the same time the necessary drivers will be installed ( link on the application). Link - is a manager designed to synchronize data, media files, applications and create backups. Also, to expand the functionality of the smartphone has Blackberry blend

AT: What is it likeBlend ?
ABOUT: An application that allows you to work with messages and smartphone content on a computer or tablet. Details and features list here , link to download the application

AT: Do you have an app store like GooglePlay / AppStore?
ABOUT: Yes, it is called AppWorld ( link ). To directly download applications, you need to use the application. BBW which is on the smartphone

AT: Is there any alternative to it, but with free / cracked software?
ABOUT: Native applications are installed / purchased only through BBW -application on the smartphone (sometimes some programs have free / trial options or just analogues from other developers). "Cracked" software for OS10 does not exist, I advise you to respect the work of the developer. The exception is the use of apk-applications that do not require root access on the device

AT: Is there a voice control, an analogue of Siri / Cortana / Google Now?
ABOUT: Yes, and his name Blackberry assistant . Full voice control is not supported. It is only available when using the following languages: English, English (UK), German, Spanish, French, Italian. Partial voice control is available when choosing the Russian language. Information on Assistant here . Key Activation 0 (zero) or average key on the end of the device

AT: Is voice input supported (for example in SMS)?
ABOUT: Yes, supported

AT: Does this unit support HD-Voice?
ABOUT: Yes, official support is declared.

AT: Is there a "protection against thieves" in the phone?
ABOUT: Yes, there is an application Protect . Read carefully information about him

AT: Can I sync phone contacts from a google account?
ABOUT: Yes, go to the Accounts>Add accounts>Al. mail, calendar and contacts

AT: And what if my contacts are saved in .vcf format?
ABOUT: Transfer contacts to the device, download from BBW an application that accepts this format and import them

AT: I want the phonebook to display contacts only from the phone’s memory, i.e. without SIM contacts
ABOUT: Come in Contacts - Swipe (movement on the screen) top down >Settings>SIM card contacts

AT: What types of email accounts are supported by the smartphone?
ABOUT: Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, IMAP, POP, CalDAV (Calendars, Contacts), Work Account (BES 10/12)

AT: Where can I find the setting in which I receive a message about the delivery of SMS / MMS?
ABOUT: Text messaging>Three dots>Settings>Text messaging>SMS / MMS confirm delivery

AT: How to quickly see the battery level?
ABOUT: On the desktop, make a swipe down up

AT: How to add a subscriber to the black list?
ABOUT: You can limit subscriber dialing at the following settings: Save the number in Contacts>Edit>Ringtones and notifications>select the desired type of notifications. There are also third-party programs for blocking dialing, etc.

AT: On the keyboard, you can configure a specific action, a la "hot keys"?
ABOUT: Yes, if the OS version is on the device 10.3.x then hotkeys can be used. Setup is done in Quick access and dialing

AT: Does the device have an exit curtain, which gives quick access to the system elements (Wi-Fi, flashlight, notification mode)?
ABOUT: Yes there is. It is activated with a swipe top down , and when any application is launched, then swipe with two fingers simultaneously. You can customize the contents and order of the menu in the Quick Settings

AT: How to quickly find out the date / day of the week?
ABOUT: Slightly pull (1 cm) quick access curtain or svaypnut down up for 2 seconds.

AT: How to find out about missed events (messages, calls, dates) without reaching for the power button?
ABOUT: In idle mode, press the key U . Tap on the event, you can find a brief information about it

AT: How to put a password on the device?
ABOUT: Go to Security>Device password

AT: Is it possible to put a graphic password on a smartphone?
ABOUT: A graphic password is available, but it differs from the usual swipe by the indicated numbers. Go to Settings>Security>Device password>Graphic password and try

AT: Does this device support the OTG function?
ABOUT: Do not support

AT: How to transfer the smartphone to drive mode to establish connection with a computer without installing drivers?
ABOUT: Networks and Connections>USB>Drive mode

AT: Is there any hard key to end the call, but it is not always inconvenient to use the sensor?
ABOUT: There is no such key and it is impossible to customize any key on the end call. Alternatively, purchase a case with a magnet and activate the item in the Extended Call Completion Interaction when placed in the case

AT: Is it possible to use a smartphone as an Internet distribution point?
ABOUT: Go online and connect. There are many interesting wireless settings

AT: How to take a snapshot of the desktop / running application?
ABOUT: Clamping the volume buttons at the same time. The snapshot is in the Images folder.

AT: And how then to do the same, but on the lock screen?
ABOUT: application Music >launch any song>lock screen>press U >hold down the volume buttons

AT: How can I turn off the mobile Internet so that Internet traffic does not flow?
ABOUT: Settings>Networks and Connections>mobile connection>Data services

AT: On the active lock screen got a black screen with a clock, what is it?
ABOUT: The bedside mode was activated, or simply - night hours. Full details on this feature. here

AT: Where to set up to make running applications stop / fall asleep when they are minimized?
ABOUT: Application manager>Go to the Application Permissions menu.>Any application>Run in collapsed mode

AT: How to remove the string from the bottom when running apk-applications? How to change the size of the emulated application?
ABOUT: With the apk application running, make a swipe top down two fingers at the same time and the settings menu will open

AT: Google Play Store can be put on this device?
ABOUT: Yes you can ( link )

AT: Some applications require Google services, where can I get them?
ABOUT: You need to install patched Google Apps ( link ). You can also try patching them with a special Patcher ( link )

AT: What symbol appeared next to the antenna level when an internet connection is active?
ABOUT: This indication means that the device is connected to BlackBerry servers. This is necessary for the operation of services (BlackBerry ID, BBM and Protect)

AT: How to highlight some posts inHub?
ABOUT: Long tap on message - Highlight more

AT: Is there a built-in voice recorder?
ABOUT: application Remember >Voice recorder recording

AT: How can I return the standard wallpaper to my desktop? I can not find it in the files
ABOUT: Screen Settings>Extended>Restore wallpaper service provider

AT: What should I look for when buying a used phone?
ABOUT: First of all - see if the protection system is active. Protect . If you finally purchase this unit, then ask the seller to deactivate it and restore it to the factory settings (this procedure will go even faster if you do firmware autoloader ). If the meeting / sale takes place in person, then you should verify it already in place with the device. BBID account
The rest of the checks are standard: the screen, connectors, the life of the device (battery life), external condition. For more thorough tests on the smartphone pre-installed applicationBBVE (BlackBerry Virual Expert), with which you can test the basic units of the smartphone

Energy saving tips
- Use the power saving mode when the smartphone is at rest;
- Turn off Data Services;
- Disable broadcast (HUB>Settings>Broadcast)
- Turn off 4G, if not used, or does not support the operator;
- Use Wi-Fi instead of mobile Internet, if available;
- Use "only 2G", if there is no need for high-speed connection to the mobile network;
- Close unused applications in the Application Manager, especially android applications;
- Prohibit work in the background for android-applications;
- Do not use applications that monitor the battery;
- Turn off the unlock screen swipe function, or use a magnetic case;
- Disable Advanced Interaction;
- Increase the period of checking mail for accounts that do not use push;
- Turn off the automatic loading of images in the mail settings;
- Do not use push notifications in android-applications;
- Ensure that applications using GPS are completely closed
Keyboard and key tricks
• Beginning with10.3.x , our device has already created some hot keys associated with certain keyboard characters. You can use these hotkeys from the BlackBerry Hub or from the main screen:

A - open Contacts
B - open Browser
C - create Message
D - create a note
K - lock the device
L - open Calendar
M - open the hub
N - open BBM
O - open Settings
P - open Phone
Q - change Profile (transfer to soundless)
R - open the clock
T - create Task
U - open Calculator, in standby mode - screen preview
W - call Voice Mail (can not be changed)

It is also available to change the action associated with the hot key, or create your own hot keys. To do this, go to the Quick access and set

• Language switching occurs through a combination ofalt + enter . Switching options:
- if you pressalt and releasing it, press enter , the language bar opens to select
- if you pressalt then hold it down, press enter and then let go alt , automatic switching to the next language will work

• Keyspace allows you to scroll the contents of web pages in the browser. It also activates the shutter of the running camera.

• Keysloudness also control the camera shutter release. Pressing them simultaneously allows you to take a screenshot of the screen.

• Numeric keys1 , 2 , 3 ... (like the key U ) allow you to see a preview of the lock screen

• sequential combinationU + Enter can unlock screen
Problems and their possible solutions
AT: I constantly lose contact with the interlocutor, do not receive calls, drops the network. And on the past smartphone everything was fine
ABOUT: These problems may arise due to inaccurate network coverage (especially noticeable in large cities), incomplete compatibility of Russian telecom operators and BB smartphones (MTS in particular) or operation in a "floating" mode 2G-3G-4G .
First, set the mode "2G / 3G only "(better just 2G ) and try to make calls from different places of the locality. Sometimes the disappearance of the signal is treated by a simple replacement of the SIM card with a newer one. As the most recent option is to flash with an autoloader, since normal system updates over the air may fail

AT: I have a device without engraved Russian letters. How can I type the text, not the location of the Russian language?
ABOUT: Starting from OS version 10.3.x , the device supports the input of Russian translit. Details on the location of characters here . To select translit, go to the Language and input>Input language>Add / Remove>choose Russian (Translit)

AT: How can I reduce the sound (or turn it off completely) when I enter numbers on the dialer in the phone application?
ABOUT: There is no complete shutdown, but there are a couple of tricks: each time before dialing, activate the "Silent" mode by briefly pressing the Q key. Just by going into Sounds and Notifications, you can open the "Silent" mode and customize all notifications in your own way, as in normal mode

AT: The subscriber's call sound is very quiet, although the overall volume is almost turned up to the maximum.
ABOUT: Enter Notifications and Calls ->Profile ->Configure app notifications>Phone>Put a comfortable volume level

AT: After updating the system / firmware, I notice the fast discharge of the battery and the smartphone is often heated in idle mode
ABOUT : The system needs stabilization / lapping. This period can last between 2-5 days, the main thing is to reboot the device 1-2 times a day.

AT: I notice a quick discharge of the battery, and I use it only for short calls and using a little browser
ABOUT: You need to open the Application Manager and see in the Battery tab that most consumes battery charge

AT: A high expense is displayed in the application manager.PIM serviceswhat is it and how to deal with it?
ABOUT: PIM services characterize a set of personal information - calendar, contacts, notes, mail, etc. Perhaps there are applications on the smartphone that access it and it is necessary to limit its synchronization or increase the update time interval

AT: In the list of consumed applications,Amazon AppStoreeats up a lot of charge, and I almost never used it
ABOUT: If after 3-6 days (with reboots) power consumption does not change, go to the System Settings ->Security and Privacy ->Parental control ->Enter password (if needed) ->Using Amazon Applications ->the slider is in the Off position (this method has one drawback - you cannot install / update apk applications after it)

AT: I can't see flash in the browser
ABOUT: If the device is on OS 10.3.1 and above, Flash will not work because its official support has been discontinued. How to solve: install the embedded browser clone ( link ) or purchase other browsers

AT: I am restoring to the factory settings and this process has been going on for more than a day / hangs at 99%
ABOUT: It is better to turn off the smartphone, download a stable version of the autoloader firmware ( link ), run the installation file and connect the smartphone. In this case, all data will be deleted and everything will return to the factory settings.

AT: My smartphone suddenly turned off and blinks red. What does it mean?
ABOUT: For the primary identification of the error there is a set of codes ( link ), which can determine the nature of the fault

AT: When I try to connect via Wi-Fi with a home router, the connection is established for a minute and then crashes.
ABOUT: Set the statistical IP on the router / modem and in the wireless settings of the router uncheck the WMM button

The materials provided are partly borrowed from a reputable portal.blackberrys
K
The curator of the topic isnedvorowoy

Post has been editednedvorowoy - 26.03.16, 13:12

Rep: (15)
I wonder how much this handsome man will cost ...

Rep: (64)
also waiting very

will cost in the beginning as well as z10

The premieres of Samsung are scheduled for spring, and it seems like the NTS, plus Sony has recently refreshed.
I do not think that they will especially tear up the price tag. Worried about dampness 10s.
Interesting, and 9900 will be updated to 10?

Rep: (2)
meteorswat @ 03/04/2013 06:58*

So if the new OS is built on some fundamentally new kernel, then, apparently, the old version can not be updated, no?

I do not know, but to have only 2 devices under the new OS, like "non-marketing"

Rep: (85)
I will wait for him. Love buttons

Rep: (11)
I hope for an adequate price tag, because I want exactly Q10.

meteorswat @ 03/04/2013 06:58*

No, they will not do that.

In this country it will not be very long, if at all.
Outbid. let's say on Gorbushka, they will clak their tongues, speak with memorized phrases that this is a level, therefore it costs 3-4 times more expensive :)
Compare at least the price of 9900 here and there :)

Rep: (64)
meteorswat,

This will not happen because of the non-popularity of Blackberry. Now it is already possible for Z10 on the same markets, even in white for 21 thousand

Rep: (6)
meteorswat,

They will not, the axes are different and the devices also promised that they promised to support the 5, 6 and 7 axes in the future.

Rep: (4)
On the clove, you can pre-order (they will start shipping in April) for 446 pounds, 21k rubles.

Shipments from clove Q10 will begin in late April. There is a footnote "First stock due late April";)

I liked the phone, but it hurts the question. If you order it over the hill, then we can make a high-quality engraving with Russian letters? and how does it even look if there are more letters in the Russian alphabet?

Rep: (82)
Meteorswat @ 03/09/2013, 09:07*
I do not know, but to have only 2 devices under the new OS, like "non-marketing"

So, they promised that this year it is planned to have up to 6 devices on the new OS. (link)

and how does it even look if there are more letters in the Russian alphabet?

And you did not look at other blackberry models (keyboard) how does the keyboard for Russian fit them? : rolleyes:
One button for 2 letters .... see blackberry 9900

funnygreenfrog1,

yeah got it, thanks. It remains to wait for his release, to feel everything alive.

here is an article in the topic who are interestedhttp://blackberryrussia.ru/klaviatura/

Post has been editedporkbutcher - 27.03.13, 08:04

Rep: (4)
Two parts of the Q10 review in RussianTykandTyk.

Dynamin is really very loud: smile:
The PCT keyboard looks awful, of course)

The two parts of the Q10 almost review in Russian TYK and TYK. Dinamin really a very loud PCT keyboard looks, of course, terrible)

Thank you for message!

Damn where the men dug it!)) I want Q10!))

Q10 comes out on April 26 in the UK
http://www.unlocked-mobiles.com/sim-free-m...ee-p-84343.html

The Chinese government wants to buy 2 million smartphones BlackBerry Q10

http://www.ixbt.com/news/hard/index.shtml?16/69/71

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/17/19, 11:08