Google Nexus 4 - [Ubuntu Touch]
Your opinion on Ubuntu Touch 1.0
Are you going to use UT everyday?
Yes, as a primary system [ 351 ] ** [18,32%]
yes, in dualboot with android [ 434 ] ** [22,65%]
No, the system is still too raw. I will wait for version 2.0 (3.0, 4.0 ...) [ 628 ] ** [32,78%]
not. UT did not like [ 59 ] ** [3,08%]
what is it all about? [ 444 ] ** [23,17%]
Currently UT 1.0 is released for developers and is not recommended for installation on devices of ordinary users. Are you a software developer?
Yes [ 139 ] ** [7,25%]
No, but I have the necessary knowledge and can help developers [ 237 ] ** [12,37%]
No, I went in the hope of seeing the finished installation package and instructions [ 642 ] ** [33,51%]
No, I'm just interested in the topic [ 898 ] ** [46,87%]
Total votes: 1916

Rep: (35)
Google Nexus 4 - Ubuntu Touch

PictureUbuntu Touch Unofficial Firmware
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ |Ubuntu os пїЅ | Marriage пїЅ | Club пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ

Ubuntu you install at your own risk! Neither I nor anyone else is responsible for everything that is written here!

Android applications in Ubuntu do not work and will not work. Use multiboot if you need Android.

Build info:

ubuntu-touch-preview / - builds based on Android, Ubuntu works through the root directory (chroot) as an add-on - therefore the preview.

ubuntu-touch / - builds, based on Ubuntu touch itself, Android here plays only the role of a link and is located in the LXC container.

To see daily releases, you must use the devel-proposed channel: phablet-flash ubuntu-system - channel devel-proposed - boottrain

The easiest way to install on rooted devices is throughMultiROM Managerfrom google play.
MultiROM Recovery and the necessary Ubuntu files are downloaded by the program itself, the only thing that needs to be done manually is to find and flash the kernel with kexec-hardboot patch.
Visit the Multirom thread atXDAfor a list of compatible kernels and additional information.

(Multi-forum XDA) | (Multibut-Official page)

Ubuntu touch development news
Ubuntu touch manager

Stumbled upon an interesting file manager for Ubuntu
Ubuntu Touch Manager is a new, intuitive application for Ubuntu users, allowing them to manage their devices on the Ubuntu Touch mobile platform.
Ubuntu Touch Manager offers screenshots for smartphones / tablets, as well as a tool for downloading and sending files to a device. Ubuntu Touch Manager is a third-party application submitted by the developer Szymon Waliczek.
To install the program into your Ubuntu operating system, the user needs to open a terminal window (keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + T) and insert the following commands (successively, pressing Enter after each)
:
All commands to perform from root

sudo add-apt-repository ppa: majster-pl / ubuntu-touch-manager
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y install ubuntu-touch-manager
After installation, you need to restart the session,run the program with the sudo parameter otherwise it will not transfer files.

The Ubuntu Touch Manager application supports Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin), Ubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal) and Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringail) operating systems

Screenshots are made via a PC using adb. It is written through the shell (adb shell) - / system / bin / screencap -p /home/phablet/Pictures/screen_.png

Download Ubuntu Touch - Updating builds daily
Ubuntu Touch Installation Instructions
System Setup
Scripts for the system
Firmware for return on Android
What works in Ubuntu Touch

P.S. You can set as the main system, make calls, send SMS, bugs may appear in updates.
Ubuntu Weekly Build Reviews
Video reviews
log caps

• 09/16/13 Added a review of what works and does not work, added scripts to the header
  • 09/17/13 Added script for automated installation of Ubuntu touch with Ubuntu
  • 09/24/13 Updated automated installation script
  • 09/26/13 Added installation instructions for Ubuntu touch via MAC OS, redistributing the news line, updated design.
  • 09/27/13 In the video reviews section I added a video on installing Ubuntu touch
  • 10/4/13 In the video reviews section, added screenshots of the user El Aero, added a description to the instructions how to take screenshots.
  • 10/07/13 Updated the scripts section, adjusted the header.
  • 10/08/13 Added DualBoot installation instructions to the header
  • 10/18/13 Updated the instructions for localizing the system, poravil cap.
  • 10/21/13 On the little things I reworked the cap and added instructions.
  • 10/24/13 Updated instructions
  • 10/25/13 Updated the instructions of the item to synchronize contacts, added logs of new assemblies.
  • 10.28.13 Added video installation instructions in the video reviews section
  • 11/05/13 Added a video on installing MULTIBOOT, added a script UTDBI 2.6
  • 11/13/13 Updated instructions in the header
  • 12/03/13 Added instructions for localizing the keyboard in the header
  • 12/25/13 Changed a bit of design in the header, added and corrected instructions
  • 01/09/14 Added instruction to video reviews section
  • 01/23/14 Added instruction to video reviews section
  • 02/18/14 Added a review of the assembly 02/02/14
  • 02/21/14 Added instructions for updating the system
  • 03/31/14 Changed the instructions for synchronizing contacts with the PC, information in the section that works
  • 04/25/14 Added an add-on for connecting an SD card to the scripts section
  • 10/16/14 Updated installation instructions from under Ubuntu
  • 04/03/15 Added review

Be mutually polite! It’s customary at our forum to say "Thank you" by increasing reputation by clicking on a buttonAttached ImageIf you have less than 15 messages, click on the button.Attached Imageand let us know who helped you, whom to put the "+".

Messages scored -2 ​​are deleted immediately, offtopic will be deleted immediately, read carefully the header.

For questions about filling the caps, contact the curator of the topic.payk27in QMS

Post has been editedpayk27 - 04.04.15, 14:36
Reason for editing: addition of a script header

Rep: (1)
Hello. Who knows how to install ubuntu touch 17.04?

Rep: (4)
good people tell me how to be? the firmware has stopped loading; I want to upload a new one, or rather, it is already in the form of a zip on the device. But the touchscreen does not work in recovery. I remember when I installed the ubuntu the touch was to launch the vibes from the installation from the command stock on the PC. In addition, it is implemented inscript, but alas, I poorly understand anything there.

Probably something like this ?: fastboot flash system firmware.img

Rep: (1)
* Johnny-pda fastboot erase ***
In place *** the section you want to clear

Posted on 03/23/2018, 10:55:

* Johnny-pda , and with this command, what you wanted, you will send the system partition in the way, from the PC naturally, system.img

Rep: (0)
The people who left the images of ubuntu, got this device in their hands I want to feel it. It is advisable to flash through cwm / twrp
Thank you in advance!

Rep: (2)
* ALEKSGOOD , Here, put Ubuntu-touch through the multirom manager Attached fileMultiROM Manager 1.188.apk.zip (2.23 MB)

Post has been editedpavelSanarov - 01.09.18, 16:24

* pavelSanarov,
And from the multiboot, is installation possible only on 4.4.2? Now there is NitrogenOs based on 8.1 and when an application tries to download updates and a kernel patch, a download failure occurs. Installation in the desktop client UBPORTS for ps does not detect the subject at all, although the driver is installed. Already almost desperate: helpsmilie:

Rep: (2)
* tulastyle , I personally use Pixel Dust firmware based on 7.1, so I installed Ubuntu-touch on it as the second OS

* pavelSanarov,
I tried several firmware, and the same thing in all: After entering the multi-manager, I click install and loading the multi-media recovery breaks off only when it starts. Unclear...

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/29/19, 08:51